Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 –yay. I’m glad you can walk again and got to go out for a bit. Congrats on the loss.

@peleroja –I’m so happy that you are able to go on the trip. It sounds like it will be amazing. I’m weird but I would kind of hope to be the only people on the tour haha.

@orangesmartie –Congrats on the weight loss. 67 lbs is AMAZING! Hope things are going ok…

@quiksylver296 –I’m still jealous you are going to the Oregon coast if that makes you feel better.

How are things with you froggy?

I was doing okay but now I'm dealing with some really bad depression. I couldn't stop crying last night so I didn't sleep too well. It's my TOM so that doesn't help of course. :)

How are you?

((HUGS)) to you froggy, I'm glad you're here interacting with us, I know things are tough but it will get better- time heals all (I hated when people said that to me after I broke off my engagement when found out trashbag ex was cheating buuuut unfortunately it's true- time really does heal all)

Thank you. I was cleaning this weekend and found an old birthday card from him that said he was so lucky to have me and he wanted to be by my side forever etc. It just got to me really bad. We haven't decided anything for sure yet but I still haven't heard a thing from him since last Sunday (the 5th). I just want him to wake up...I love him and want to work it out but I can't do this alone obviously. I want the old him back.

Please everyone, don't judge me for this. It's been hard and I'm so torn. I don't know what I want right now.

I am not judging YOU, I am judging him.....that is some crap, even if it is over, after so many years, how can he go so long without at least checking in on you.....that is some seriously crap!

I'm shaking my head in agreement...I know!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Home sweet home! I missed you all and hope you haven't forgotten me. It was just too busy too post although I did try and skim through a few pages every night before bed which incidentally was never before midnight.

We had a ball. Tubing, swimming, quadding. A bonfire every night and too much junk food but I did manage to get lots of steps in. My 2 SILs and I walked about 4 miles each morning before anyone got out of bed.

No one has seen me since Christmas and since then I have lost about 37 pounds so I got lots of compliments. One of my nephews didn't recognize me at first lol.

Well I am off to unpack but wanted to check in. I have lots I want to respond too. Maybe I will get to it later. I did want to quickly say glad you are back @Italian_Buju

I'm so glad you had a fun trip! That sounds like a blast and I'm jealous.

That's so cool that you got so many compliments on the weight loss. You deserve it!

Come along next time :smile: ) and thank you!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I have two NSV's to share with you all:

I haven't been wearing any of my jeans because they were way too tight. I put them on this weekend and they're loose. They won't be wearable shortly.

And secondly - when I stand up straight and look down - I can see my toes!!

YAY! So awesome.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Its been probably 15 years since I weighed under 200. Feels pretty darn good!!!

Just reading this made me smile. I remember when I made it to 197 from 225. I stayed there a long time before joining mfp, but that's such a great feeling. Way to go!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I started doing this yesterday (I have a "spot" 3 stalls away from the main entrance that I usually park in) in hope of getting my step count up and just to increase my movement throughout the day. I had 4 people today and 1 person today, ask me I'm parking out there. My office neighbor was a dick about it and asked if I'm trying to work on my tan. Jerk.

Even with all that extra walking, and shopping last night with my best girl, and I still barely hit 5000 steps. How in the world are you people hitting 12000 plus a day?!

@MoHousdon - I rarely hit 5K steps per day unless I'm out hiking. I count it as a win if I get over 4K per day... I walk about a mile in the mornings on my way in to work (I carpool with my husband and we park the car, then walk around together for awhile before we each head to our offices). I walk on my breaks (when I'm not engrossed in a book) and am up and down most of the day, but still don't seem to hit the step counts I think I should be. Perhaps it's partly due to my step-counter app being on my phone and I forget to put it in my pocket when I'm walking around the office. I need to look into a Fitbit or other device that I could clip onto my clothes, since I really don't like wearing anything on my wrists.

Can stride affect step count? I have a really long stride, so am I cheating myself out of steps somehow?

Probably been answered, but yeah, I think so. My husband just got a fitbit and he gets more steps than me even though he's 9 inches taller. I paid attention when we were walking together the other day and he does take smaller steps than me (I had to adjust my fit to tell it I took bigger steps then it thought I should).

I get a bunch of steps most days, but I walk-commute to work (3 miles round trip), if I have a meeting during the day, that's frequently another mile round trip since most of my meetings happen in a building on the other side of campus, I have a dog but no fenced yard so we go on lots of walks/runs, and in the summer I play soccer twice a week.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    @FroggyBug Maybe I missed it but the last post I saw you hadn't heard from your BF (not sure how you are referring to him sorry) since the 5th is that still the case?
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Its been probably 15 years since I weighed under 200. Feels pretty darn good!!!

Just reading this made me smile. I remember when I made it to 197 from 225. I stayed there a long time before joining mfp, but that's such a great feeling. Way to go!

Awe Thank you!!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:
  • riderfangal
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

Truest statement ever! You try not to let it run your life, but if you forget for a minute it is there, something will happen to remind you!

Exactly! I was sure you'd be able to relate to that. :)

I can relate to this with my celiac disease. Forgetting to ask a question at a new restaurant or not reading every label before I buy something can make me sick for days. :(

YES!!

On the bright side, my favorite coffee shop started keeping a loaf of GF bread for me. (I bought it and left it in their freezer.) so many people asked for it, that they buy their own now and even let me order mine for home from their distributor. She also makes muffins and always keeps one GF kind made in "Myssi's muffin pan" to avoid cross contamination. I know I can go there and eat safely anytime. And she lets me check her recipes for GF safety and makes substitutions. (And now I want her baked potato salad.)

That is fabulous. The BnB we went to last weekend did fresh daily GF baking. It was great. My SO did paleo for awhile prior to meeting me so he had "some" clue and came up to speed quickly when we started dating and he's religious about asking for GF menu and stressing to the wait staff "That She'll EXPLODE" if she gets any gluten. He also cooks for me and is converted to GF pasta when I'm around. I keep GF stuff at his house and he is super great about calling ahead / researching ahead before he takes me to new restaurants. <3

the super great dude has celiacs and i'm really concerned about accidentally poisoning him :/
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options

I have been sitting just above 200 for weeks now and I am seriously wondering if I will ever see onederland again. I know it takes time, but jeesh!! Let's get there already!! Hopefully all the fitbit challenges will help put me below the 200 mark. Haven't seen that in a few years. Too much yo yoing above and just below it. I want to stay there!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I have to admit that part of the frustration is that I'm really ticked off at myself for getting sick in the first place. I've had this disorder for the better part of three years, and living with a chronic disease long-term means you learn how to manage it well (as I'm sure @Italian_Buju can attest to) or you're doomed. I learned all the little nuances and whispers of my body and when to stop and take it easy. But after a six month respite from any sort of flares, I got overconfident and stopped paying attention.

In hindsight, as an ill person, I KNEW and still know that I'm not capable of 60 minutes of stationary bike PLUS 36 flights of stairs PLUS a one hour walk, especially not when I'm fasting, which makes me much more prone to weakness. But I did that TWO DAYS IN A ROW without even thinking about it. So this flare up is all my stupid fault, and I'm pretty mad at me. I'm also mad at my body for not being healthy, which is a common resentment I have that always comes to the fore when I get sick. Stupid body, stupid me, stupid everything. :angry:

Truest statement ever! You try not to let it run your life, but if you forget for a minute it is there, something will happen to remind you!

Exactly! I was sure you'd be able to relate to that. :)

I can relate to this with my celiac disease. Forgetting to ask a question at a new restaurant or not reading every label before I buy something can make me sick for days. :(

YES!!

On the bright side, my favorite coffee shop started keeping a loaf of GF bread for me. (I bought it and left it in their freezer.) so many people asked for it, that they buy their own now and even let me order mine for home from their distributor. She also makes muffins and always keeps one GF kind made in "Myssi's muffin pan" to avoid cross contamination. I know I can go there and eat safely anytime. And she lets me check her recipes for GF safety and makes substitutions. (And now I want her baked potato salad.)

That is fabulous. The BnB we went to last weekend did fresh daily GF baking. It was great. My SO did paleo for awhile prior to meeting me so he had "some" clue and came up to speed quickly when we started dating and he's religious about asking for GF menu and stressing to the wait staff "That She'll EXPLODE" if she gets any gluten. He also cooks for me and is converted to GF pasta when I'm around. I keep GF stuff at his house and he is super great about calling ahead / researching ahead before he takes me to new restaurants. <3

the super great dude has celiacs and i'm really concerned about accidentally poisoning him :/

My stepmother-in-law has it too and I am just very, very careful when I cook. All of my cookware, utensils, etc get another wash and dry with a clean dishcloth and towel (and the plates and eating utensils get a fresh cycle in the dishwasher) right before I use anything, I Google every ingredient and brand (and I try to do everything from scratch so that I don't miss something gluten-containing in the ingredients list of more processed foods), and I won't cook anything that's not GF at the same time (if she's coming over, we all get gluten-free everything, period.) It might be overcautious but I really want her to be able to come over for dinner without worrying about feeling bad later. My husband is very, very allergic to peanuts so I know the drill with cross-contamination and I don't take chances.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye Glad things are going so well with the really nice dude. He needs an official thread nickname by this point, I think. :)

omg i totally want to call him mr jaye! we both have a deep love of batman, the joker and harley quinn. she refers to the joker as mr j
    *swoon*
    hehe
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I caught up in ONE DAY!!! I can't believe it. I actually did work at work, too. I am super efficient today. (Must be why they promoted me :D )
  • riderfangal
    edited July 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I have been sitting just above 200 for weeks now and I am seriously wondering if I will ever see onederland again. I know it takes time, but jeesh!! Let's get there already!! Hopefully all the fitbit challenges will help put me below the 200 mark. Haven't seen that in a few years. Too much yo yoing above and just below it. I want to stay there!

You will get there. I was stuck at 202 for what seemed forever!! :)
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I caught up in ONE DAY!!! I can't believe it. I actually did work at work, too. I am super efficient today. (Must be why they promoted me :D )

Yay!!! Congrats!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I love going out for meals and stuffing my face with burgers and getting drunk in front of my overweight friends who have accused me of starving myself!

Little do they know that my day to day life is extremely controlled and disciplined. I just follow the 80/20 rule.

I also love beating all my kids friends parents in the yearly local 10km. We all train all year for it, I live in a very competitive area of North london. It's hilarious.

I'm a bit of a *kitten*. I'm good with that! There's a lot of jealous people around. It's a novelty for me, as I only really hit my stride in the last couple of years.

You are so rad!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    currently doing the 20 page catch up, in the meantime....

post date update!
    yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D

Aww super cute. I'm glad you guys are still getting along so well. Keep us updated. :)

• FroggyBug
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I drove 200 miles last night to end my relationships. I talked a lot. Couldn't bring myself to say the words. I didn't think it would be possible for my heart to be so broken again.

I know I am late on this but still wamted to give you big hugs!
    Anyone heard from @orangesmartie recently? I hope she's doing ok.

Same here. Every time I come to this thread I wonder. I'm sad for her but hope that she is doing okay!