Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I can't help but giggle as I watch my neighbor through the window as he scrapes his shoe on the pavement and grass. I'm assuming he stepped in dog poo. I shouldn't laugh because it's the worst when that happens...and I'll probably jinx myself and step in some later while out walking;

Due to all this peanut butter talk, I'm now craving some. Has anyone ever made peanut butter cookies using the recipe of just pb, egg, and sugar? I think it's one cup pb, one egg, and one cup sugar? Also, if so..how long and what temperature..and are they good?

All the time. Love them . Better with brown sugar. 350 F 9 minutes. You're welcome.

ETA: I apologize for enabling the peanut butter baking on a diet forum.

I wonder if it would work with Splenda brown sugar? Anyone tried that?

Awesome! Thanks! I was hoping to use Stevia too...I know a lot of people hate the taste, but that's all I use. Hmm, how bad could it be?
    Btw- I don't keep a lot of baking/sweet ingredients in the house like brown sugar, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, honey..etc. It can be very dangerous when I get a craving and those things are available.

Did you make them with Stevia? How did it turn out?

I have an entire cupboard plus a shelf in my walk in pantry full of baking stuff....I can literally make nearly anything without needing to buy anything.....

I bake nearly every Sunday during the school year.

BTW: I have been wanting a standing mixer for many years, but they are so much money and I could never justify spending it on that......today my boss told me she saved up her points for a while (long story, she gets them from work), and has ordered me one. I am thrilled and so thankful!

Aww that is so cool. :) Yay for getting a mixer!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    @mohousdon sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! Did you still get to eat your ribs?

We SURE did and they were glorious. His ribs are so good, they don't even need sauce. We also had corn and the cob and baked potatoes (both done on the grill). For dessert, we had the most delicious pound cake with fresh strawberry sauce and grilled pineapple with a cinnamon and brown sugar crust.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Are there any other Canadians who go without air conditioning all year? I heard it was fairly common to not get AC since most of the year is winter, but during the summer it is miserable. My thermostat reads 26 degrees right now and will inch its way up during the day, sometimes getting to 30 or 31. That's around 86 fahrenheit, which is a great temperature! ... For the outdoors. In here it feels all sticky and hot and I'm hating it. I grew up in the southern US and going without AC there is UNHEARD of.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Are there any other Canadians who go without air conditioning all year? I heard it was fairly common to not get AC since most of the year is winter, but during the summer it is miserable. My thermostat reads 26 degrees right now and will inch its way up during the day, sometimes getting to 30 or 31. That's around 86 fahrenheit, which is a great temperature! ... For the outdoors. In here it feels all sticky and hot and I'm hating it. I grew up in the southern US and going without AC there is UNHEARD of.

Um, NO
    The summers are WAY too hot not to have A/C I would die!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Seasons 4 and 6 where my favorite, mostly because the killer he was tracking was so interesting.....the ending made me mad forever! FOREVER! I think that and LOST were completing for worst ending to a great show!

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

We don't have air but it's a little cooler where I am and we have big trees shading our house.

That being said, I've never lived in a house with air.

The only time we want it is when it gets stuck at 34 for a week. Other than that, we have ceiling fans and a window fan to suck in the cool air at night.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    This is actually our first summer (been here 12.5 years) where I said "Screw this" and we bought window air conditioners for the bedrooms. I don't mind being hot during the day, but at night I hate it. I do know a few people with central AC and I can't deny it does seem a bit indulgent, since there's like 15 days a year that you need it!
    (Also, I'm out west where it's not as humid as you get it in the east)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

@Italian_Buju thank goodness you were there for that lady. I hope her and the baby are okay. That's really scary. I'm sorry you had to work an extra shift yesterday, but why did you have to wait until you got home to pee? If I couldn't pee at work, I'd be in BIG trouble. FWIW, I hope today goes better.

I talked about this early in the thread.....but I have MAJOR issues using a toilet that is not my own. There are lots of days that I will work ten hours, and even go grocery shopping after that, and not pee until I get home. My body just will not allow it, most of the time. So, I know how to pace myself with drinking when I am not able to go. But at the beginning of the day, I was pacing for several hours earlier, lol.

Oddly, there are certain toilets I can use, there are two at the Y, and one at my foot clinic (they keep a shelf of cleaning supplies right in there, like they knew I was coming, lol), I have no idea WHY my brain allows me to use those ones, but I can, however, I do wipe them down first. Every three months I get a full panel of labs done at my DRs office, and they know I won't do a urine test there, so every time, they give me the cup for the next time and I just use it at home before coming in for the blood work.

If I am having a day that I cannot make it at work for sure, which happens a couple of times a year, I literally close the place down, lock it up, and go scrub the toilet before using it. Even if I am at someone's house, I generally will not use the bathroom, unless I really need to, and then will wash it down also. It just creeps me out to sit my bare *kitten* on something someone else's bare *kitten* was on, lol.

Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

If it were me, I'd be glad that you thought enough to check on me. I don't think it's creepy at all, I think it's thoughtful and sweet. You should also maybe take her something. Either food or flowers. I think she would really like that.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I live in western Canada and it is quite uncommon to have AC in single-family homes here, although some people do buy window units etc. It reaches 30 here in summer but it's not very humid and we really only have that happen in July or August (very, very occasionally in June or September for a day.) I've never heard of it in older walkup apartments either. Our (not walk-up) apartment does have central air but it's quite unusual, even for a condo.

Honestly, this is the first place I've ever lived with AC and I find it totally unnecessary. Keeping the windows and blinds/curtains closed while we're not home and the windows open at night with a fan works fine to keep me cool at home. My husband and our roommate keep the AC cranked pretty constantly when they're home and I can't stand it - at home I wear socks, sweatpants, a hoodie, and a blanket wrapped around me like a toga pretty well all the time if the AC is on. And if the AC is on at night then I have to do the duvet burrito.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

We grew up without air conditioning in Idaho, which can run a string of 100 degree F days in the summer. I cannot imagine not having air conditioning now. But we go to the Oregon Coast every summer, and there is hardly ever air conditioning. They have a hot streak every now and then, and according to my grandma, they completely melt during those times. They also don't have to have sprinklers systems for their yards, which makes me really jealous :D
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I DID IT, ALL CAUGHT UP, now you will never get rid of me, Bahahahahahahaaha!!

<3
  • ythannah
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!

I second this!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

Just my opinion but I would think the next day would be fine. I'd be happy knowing that someone cared enough about me to make sure I was okay.

I do hope that she and the baby are okay...
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!

I second this!

I third this.
  • ythannah
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I had a body comp scan done yesterday in conjunction with a research study at the Univ of Arkansas. I'm still processing the results, but in a nutshell- My bone density is good (she said at expected degeneration rate I could make it to 100 without getting osteoporosis.) My body fat % is higher than I would like (32.8%), but not bad for my age. I'm debating on whether I should try to drop another few lbs. At my lowest weight (which I haven't seen in a few months- I'm hovering about 5 lbs over that), I'm at the high end of healthy for my height (5'2.25")

I want one of those SOOOO bad!

My initial motivation for lifting was to build/maintain bone density and I'd really love to know if I'm actually accomplishing that. Every single female ancestor of mine, both sides of the family, has had osteoporosis and I have most of the risk factors.

At this point I'd also like to know if I'm growing any significant muscle (as opposed to just stripping fat).

You are Canadian, right? Just ask your DR to send you for one, lol.

Yup. I had a bone density scan done in my mid-30s because of my high osteoporosis risk but all they did was some kind of Xray-ish imaging of my hip area, and the only result reported to me was basically pass/fail (I passed).

I don't think there is DEXA scanning available near me... and I don' think OHIP would pick up the tab for full body composition scanning :D

My bad, I actually thought you meant a bone density scan!

I was thinking, I get one done every year, why can't she get one, lol.

That reminds me, I'm probably due for another one by now since I'm > 50. My doc is really quick to jump on the stuff like fecal occult blood testing (blech) but other tests not so much.

Ideally, if I could find a DEXA scan place reasonably close for a half-decent price, I'd like to get it done annually to track changes. It was scary to realize how much muscle I lost with the onset of menopause.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I've just booked a holiday to New York and I'm so excited to try all of the American foods and restaurants people post here that we don't get in the UK. I've been to Florida 3 times when I was in my teens but mostly we just lived off Denny's and Subway. This time I'm gonna take full advantage of the yummy foods. I need recommendations!

For example I've never had Key lime pie and everyone raves on about it! I'm dying to try it. Now obviously I know you can get that here but I'm holding out as I imagine it's so much better in the USA!

This makes me so sad.

Anyway, the thing with Key lime pie is that some places try to pass off Persian lime pies, or use green food coloring to make it "lime" colored (Key lime juice is yellow). That I want to smack those bakers is my confession.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Tonight I am SPAMKILLER Hear Me Roar!!
    (Seriously, when is MFP going to put in a decent filter? There really is a ridiculous amount.)

Oh no what did I do?

Just messing, I'm a different kind of Spam.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

@Italian_Buju thank goodness you were there for that lady. I hope her and the baby are okay. That's really scary. I'm sorry you had to work an extra shift yesterday, but why did you have to wait until you got home to pee? If I couldn't pee at work, I'd be in BIG trouble. FWIW, I hope today goes better.

I talked about this early in the thread.....but I have MAJOR issues using a toilet that is not my own. There are lots of days that I will work ten hours, and even go grocery shopping after that, and not pee until I get home. My body just will not allow it, most of the time. So, I know how to pace myself with drinking when I am not able to go. But at the beginning of the day, I was pacing for several hours earlier, lol.

Oddly, there are certain toilets I can use, there are two at the Y, and one at my foot clinic (they keep a shelf of cleaning supplies right in there, like they knew I was coming, lol), I have no idea WHY my brain allows me to use those ones, but I can, however, I do wipe them down first. Every three months I get a full panel of labs done at my DRs office, and they know I won't do a urine test there, so every time, they give me the cup for the next time and I just use it at home before coming in for the blood work.

If I am having a day that I cannot make it at work for sure, which happens a couple of times a year, I literally close the place down, lock it up, and go scrub the toilet before using it. Even if I am at someone's house, I generally will not use the bathroom, unless I really need to, and then will wash it down also. It just creeps me out to sit my bare *kitten* on something someone else's bare *kitten* was on, lol.

I have a weak bladder and will pee ANYwhere when I really need to go!

With regards to your neighbour, honestly if her water broke yesterday and she's only 24 weeks, I would have thought she'd still be in hospital (however things turned out). It would be nice to knock and check, and ask if there's anything you can do for her. Definitely not too soon.
  • ythannah
    Options

My house has central air but I'm too cheap to use it most of the time :p ... it's a big hydro consumer.

I'm also really into fresh air so I prefer to have the windows open anyway. I have a regular oscillating fan in the bedroom that runs all night... that's good enough for me.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Tonight I am SPAMKILLER Hear Me Roar!!
    (Seriously, when is MFP going to put in a decent filter? There really is a ridiculous amount.)

Oh no what did I do?

Just messing, I'm a different kind of Spam.
    Ah, are you 'Spam Arie'? I always read it as 'Spa Marie'!