Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

I laughed out loud at this.
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

You know, it's funny, so many people I know wish they could be a SAHM... but I wish I could work, lol! I'm not a people person but I still miss human interaction. Honestly, if it wasn't for Internet I'd feel very lonely, I think. I moved here 5 years ago and I really have no friends (except a couple other moms I talk to once a week after school while the kids play). Mostly it's the sense of accomplishment I'm missing... but I guess I never really felt it while I was working either. It is sad when the only things I accomplish in a day is catching up on laundry, doing groceries, and cooking dinner (and making laundry soap. Which I still haven't done).

I mean, I enjoy the free time obviously, but I'm afraid in 10 years I'll look back and will have accomplished absolutely nothing, and won't even be able to find a job.
    Skipping 4 pages just to say that I found the Halo Top ice cream at Wegmans. They only had vanilla.

And I'm completely shocked because it's actually VERY good.

Confession: Part of me wishes you had said it was terrible. The other part of me is totally going to my Wegmans tomorrow.

I want to go again now and buy the last 3 pints LOL. But I'm lazy. And I have too much ice cream in the freezer.

I don't think it's sad, but if you are feeling unfulfilled then my suggestion would be to start pursuing things now that interest you since you have time. If you do want to get back into the work force eventually then now is the time to start volunteering places, adding skills to your resume, taking skills-refresher courses, etc. Try it until you find something you like!

I just have no idea what I want to do, which really doesn't help, lol. I'm not going to worry about it until September at least... then we'll see.

I'm the same way, which is why this topic interests me. I'm fortunate that I really like my career and the field that I'm in. But as far as hobbies and interests??? Other than working out, I've got nothing. I don't feel empty or unfulfilled but a while back when I was trying to figure out this part of me I read something that says, "What do you enjoy doing so much that you completely lose track of time?" Um. Blank. Not a thing. Still trying to figure this one out!

I feel like I keep busy, until someone asks me what I do for fun, or in my spare time and I don't really have anything to say. Ummm... workout... walk my dog... I play a lot of Sims... Then I feel like a loser lol.

Hang out on a 877-page confessions thread on an internet message board? ;)

Other than the dogs, I'd have to say gardening (floral) is my main hobby/interest. But that obviously leaves me empty in the winter... is hibernation a hobby?

In Canada it is.

Especially in January!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Here's a confession for @Susieq_1994. I decided to stop hijacking my husbands farm (and his iPad) and start playing Hay Day on my own. I am now on level 23 and I just started last week! I'm seriously obsessed. The good news is, it helps me cut back on my boredom eating and I think I will actually record a loss this week.

Ok going to download Hayday on my iPad today. Really the only games I play on there are Sims Freeplay, Agent Alice, Frozen freefall, & Maleficent (I am stuck on Maleficent & it pisses me off).

I also play Just 2 Words, but I suck at that game & usually have to use his special hints on the harder puzzles.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    izp986hy8hgh.jpg

I don't feel skinny but with my weight I am good, I just look big especially on sides and lower stomach. What do you think?

Seriously? Girl you look great!

Seconded!

Agree!

Also agreed! I wish my stomach looked like yours. Even with weight loss I have a B belly that hangs & my legs are very jiggly.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm a bad friend. My best friend is moving into a new house in a couple weeks. She created an event thing on Facebook asking people to come help them move. I have no desire to help them. I hate moving myself, why would I want to move someone else? I'm also not overly fond of her family, or her husband and his family (who will be there). What makes me feel worse about my laziness is that she's 8 months pregnant and isn't able to do any of the moving/lifting. In my defense she will have (at least) her husband, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 sister-in- law (and her boyfriend), and most likely both sets of parents moving them. So... with 7-9 people helping, do I really need to be there? I feel terrible, but I still don't want to do it.

Well, normally I would have said 'Meh, she has enough people' but I'm light of the friend issues and being cut out of friendship groups going on, I'm inclined to say, maybe you should show your face at some point.

Ya, I think I'll pop over for a couple hours, but make sure it's clear I won't be staying for the entire day.

I could 'hear' your Canadian accent in this post.

What part gave it away?

It was the 'ya', then after that read the whole thing (and the next few posts) in a Canadian accent in my head. Probably nothing like your Canadian accent as I've just been to Ontario and Manitoba (and very briefly Quebec because it meant I could say I'd done 3 provinces in a week).

Lol, next time I'll throw in an "eh?" for good measure :wink: I'm in western Canada so I don't think I have that type of accent. I didn't notice any difference between me and the people I spoke with in the Phoenix area (aside from the ones who were obviously from different parts of the country).

ETA: I was in Maricopa, which apparently some locals call "Little Canada", since so many Canadians bought homes there, so maybe that's why I didn't notice a difference lol

An eh would be awesome :)

Yeah, probably all the locals were just Canadian too, lol.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

You know, it's funny, so many people I know wish they could be a SAHM... but I wish I could work, lol! I'm not a people person but I still miss human interaction. Honestly, if it wasn't for Internet I'd feel very lonely, I think. I moved here 5 years ago and I really have no friends (except a couple other moms I talk to once a week after school while the kids play). Mostly it's the sense of accomplishment I'm missing... but I guess I never really felt it while I was working either. It is sad when the only things I accomplish in a day is catching up on laundry, doing groceries, and cooking dinner (and making laundry soap. Which I still haven't done).

I mean, I enjoy the free time obviously, but I'm afraid in 10 years I'll look back and will have accomplished absolutely nothing, and won't even be able to find a job.
    Skipping 4 pages just to say that I found the Halo Top ice cream at Wegmans. They only had vanilla.

Confession: Part of me wishes you had said it was terrible. The other part of me is totally going to my Wegmans tomorrow.

I want to go again now and buy the last 3 pints LOL. But I'm lazy. And I have too much ice cream in the freezer.

I don't think it's sad, but if you are feeling unfulfilled then my suggestion would be to start pursuing things now that interest you since you have time. If you do want to get back into the work force eventually then now is the time to start volunteering places, adding skills to your resume, taking skills-refresher courses, etc. Try it until you find something you like!

I just have no idea what I want to do, which really doesn't help, lol. I'm not going to worry about it until September at least... then we'll see.

I'm the same way, which is why this topic interests me. I'm fortunate that I really like my career and the field that I'm in. But as far as hobbies and interests??? Other than working out, I've got nothing. I don't feel empty or unfulfilled but a while back when I was trying to figure out this part of me I read something that says, "What do you enjoy doing so much that you completely lose track of time?" Um. Blank. Not a thing. Still trying to figure this one out!

I feel like I keep busy, until someone asks me what I do for fun, or in my spare time and I don't really have anything to say. Ummm... workout... walk my dog... I play a lot of Sims... Then I feel like a loser lol.

I used to play Sims but got bored with the last one because it's so hard for the kids to make friends! So it was taking me days for them to get married, and I had no idea how old their fiance really was until they moved in, then they turned into elders before having babies... I just got frustrated. The lifetimes are either too long or too short for me. I wish we could manually adjust it... I'll get back to it when they make a pets expansion.
    Actually for 10 years my main hobby was MMORPGs, but I got bored with the last one and haven't found another one I want to do... I like RPGs but I'm picky about gameplay, couldn't get into Oblivion for that reason, but absolutely love the Dragon Age series. But I finished the 3rd one in a month. And 3rd person games make me sick.

My hobbies... Um. I'd say reading but I'd be lying, I used to read a LOT but nowadays it just takes me a long time to get into a book... and I still haven't recovered from the ones I read a few months ago... and what I really want is to read the new parts of the series I've started reading, not really starting something new... if that makes sense. Plus I hate reading if there are any distractions, or if I only have a limited time to do it... so the best time is the evening... but then I'd rather watch some shows.

So I guess my hobbies are working out, wasting time online, TV shows, and movies (but I'm picky about what I see). I'm still watching X files, on season 3 now, at this rate and with my Summer shows starting again, it's going to take me all Summer to finish the series, which is totally fine... Something to do.

I love singing though. I should look into joining a choir again. Had to stop when we got the kids. But I suck at reading music so it's not always easy either.

So basically... I'm a very boring person.

Are you talking Sims 3? You can adjust life span, and I have because I hate having them as babies for a long time. The kids I just get to meet & talk to friends in school so I don't have to work at it, then they can meet people at work. Usually when I find a friend I want an a (adult) sim to marry I make it happen in one date lol. Romantic Interest>BF/GF>Fiance>Wife/Husband in one go lol. There is a pet expansion, you can have cats, dogs & horses, and can "capture" wild animals like birds, lizards & rodents. There are even unicorns you can befriend and adopt (I've only been able to do it once).

In case you haven't noticed, I play this game entirely too much.

I used to play the thing all day long before I met my husband. I make their lifespan as long as I possibly can (except newborn babies, because they're boring), then I give the toddlers educational games and toys until all possible skills are at as high of a level as possible. I loved the whole teaching them to talk/walk and playing with blocks to increase logic and stuff.

Then when they became children I got to choose their traits because they were such prodigies as toddlers... ;) And I'd get the kids into painting and fishing and music and reading until their skill levels were as high as they could get... And so on. By the time they reached adulthood, they had a level 10 in almost every skill. The perfect human! ;)

My Sims game actually spanned three generations before I stopped playing. My original character was a great grandma!

I've restarted the Legacy challenge so many times I can't count, but I've never gotten past 4 generations. I think the problem is I never want to move anyone out of the house, so I'm trying to juggle the original couple, their kids, their kids' spouses, and their grandkids in one house. I get to the point I'm trying to carve out little closet spaces to give the new kids their own room, because I don't have room to expand the house anymore and have them get from their room to the car/schoolbus in time to get to work or school on time.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 I totally did look for a nice, summery picture of a human melting into the sidewalk, but I couldn't find one. But I changed my picture anyway, so I could say I'm all new and shiny in preparation for summer. :smiley:

I like it!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    It's my sister's 25th wedding anniversary on Friday. Any good gift ideas? I'm stumped. They recently got giant scary motorbikes, but I have no idea what would be a good biking present...

Helmets?

25th is silver so anything chrome or silver for the bikes, silver motorcycle ornaments, bracelets, etc. It also depends on which kind of bikes they have- cruisers (like Harleys) or others. Depending on how much you want to spend- a GoPro Camera is always a good biker gift.

Here's an engrave-able charm that comes in silver: Motorcycle Charm
    Great ideas - thanks! Helmets they already have (and they cost many hundreds of dollars each anyway... :o )
    I was thinking of something silver but haven't found anything yet. I'll have time to go to the fancy mall tomorrow, so I should be able to find something then.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    The talk of people treating you differently make me really sad.

I'm currently about 230lb and only 5'1 :( people talk to me a lot though, and smile at me. I actually have a reputation for not being able to do normal things without random strangers striking up conversation. I have never been thin in my life, I'm hoping at some point in the not too distant future I can report back whether things change. Before I went out to America with work last year I'd got down to just below 200lb, but living in a hotel for 5 months took a toll. I didn't really notice much difference then, but obviously was still a long way off skinny.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

the massive difference in ppl i experienced after losing 100lbs was ridiculous, i can't imagine how that must have been for you. it's made me even more bitter and cynical about people in general. because i can't help but think, how different would i be if for my whole life people just treated me like a normal person and were nice? or even just decent?

I've lost around 150 pounds & work with the public & at times it can be aggravating.

I had someone tell me to eat a cheeseburger at 200 pounds, someone ask if I was a 100 pounds when I was 155, people asking all the time if I had weight loss surgery, a few people ask about my arm fat & suggesting exercises to diminish it, & someone jokingly asking if I weighed 89 pounds.

My favorite customer though was a lady who said she never ate after 7 ever, ever, EVER! Made me want to laugh.

Because she would turn into a Gremlin if she ate after 7?
    I would starve if I had an arbitrary rule like that. Depending on what is going on, I could eat dinner as early as 6pm or as late as 10pm. It has no impact on my weight.

I'm glad I don't deal with the general public.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I used to play Sims but got bored with the last one because it's so hard for the kids to make friends! So it was taking me days for them to get married, and I had no idea how old their fiance really was until they moved in, then they turned into elders before having babies... I just got frustrated. The lifetimes are either too long or too short for me. I wish we could manually adjust it... I'll get back to it when they make a pets expansion.
    Actually for 10 years my main hobby was MMORPGs, but I got bored with the last one and haven't found another one I want to do... I like RPGs but I'm picky about gameplay, couldn't get into Oblivion for that reason, but absolutely love the Dragon Age series. But I finished the 3rd one in a month. And 3rd person games make me sick.

My hobbies... Um. I'd say reading but I'd be lying, I used to read a LOT but nowadays it just takes me a long time to get into a book... and I still haven't recovered from the ones I read a few months ago... and what I really want is to read the new parts of the series I've started reading, not really starting something new... if that makes sense. Plus I hate reading if there are any distractions, or if I only have a limited time to do it... so the best time is the evening... but then I'd rather watch some shows.

So I guess my hobbies are working out, wasting time online, TV shows, and movies (but I'm picky about what I see). I'm still watching X files, on season 3 now, at this rate and with my Summer shows starting again, it's going to take me all Summer to finish the series, which is totally fine... Something to do.

I love singing though. I should look into joining a choir again. Had to stop when we got the kids. But I suck at reading music so it's not always easy either.

Are you talking Sims 3? You can adjust life span, and I have because I hate having them as babies for a long time. The kids I just get to meet & talk to friends in school so I don't have to work at it, then they can meet people at work. Usually when I find a friend I want an a (adult) sim to marry I make it happen in one date lol. Romantic Interest>BF/GF>Fiance>Wife/Husband in one go lol. There is a pet expansion, you can have cats, dogs & horses, and can "capture" wild animals like birds, lizards & rodents. There are even unicorns you can befriend and adopt (I've only been able to do it once).

I used to play the thing all day long before I met my husband. I make their lifespan as long as I possibly can (except newborn babies, because they're boring), then I give the toddlers educational games and toys until all possible skills are at as high of a level as possible. I loved the whole teaching them to talk/walk and playing with blocks to increase logic and stuff.

Then when they became children I got to choose their traits because they were such prodigies as toddlers... ;) And I'd get the kids into painting and fishing and music and reading until their skill levels were as high as they could get... And so on. By the time they reached adulthood, they had a level 10 in almost every skill. The perfect human! ;)

My Sims game actually spanned three generations before I stopped playing. My original character was a great grandma!

I've restarted the Legacy challenge so many times I can't count, but I've never gotten past 4 generations. I think the problem is I never want to move anyone out of the house, so I'm trying to juggle the original couple, their kids, their kids' spouses, and their grandkids in one house. I get to the point I'm trying to carve out little closet spaces to give the new kids their own room, because I don't have room to expand the house anymore and have them get from their room to the car/schoolbus in time to get to work or school on time.

I would keep the character I liked the most/focused on the most as he/she grew up, then move him out and start a new family for him. Since I had that "auto" thing on, the rest of the family continued to progress and do all kinds of stuff like getting new jobs/spouses, etc, and I totally got a kick out of that. :)

My sister used to play as well, and she filled her house with the max number of characters and had a horrible time trying to keep up with them! I'm too focused on making everyone excel, so I was careful to keep my family size down so I could focus on each individual. ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 I totally did look for a nice, summery picture of a human melting into the sidewalk, but I couldn't find one. But I changed my picture anyway, so I could say I'm all new and shiny in preparation for summer. :smiley:

I like it!!

Thank you! ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession: I just ate like ten apricots that were freshly picked by my husband's family and sent from their village. I feel a little sick now... But oh my GOSH, they were good. And I'm not even a fruit person!

I love apricots so much. But it's hard to find good ones, and they are expensive.

No, Sims 4. I have Sims 3 too... but I didn't like it either. Mostly, I didn't like that they all look alike. It's what I loved in Sims 2 - each kid really looked different, and genetics really mattered. Then the DRM messed up my computer and it didn't recognize the DVD anymore :(
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Confession: I just ate like ten apricots that were freshly picked by my husband's family and sent from their village. I feel a little sick now... But oh my GOSH, they were good. And I'm not even a fruit person!

I love apricots so much. But it's hard to find good ones, and they are expensive.

No, Sims 4. I have Sims 3 too... but I didn't like it either. Mostly, I didn't like that they all look alike. It's what I loved in Sims 2 - each kid really looked different, and genetics really mattered. Then the DRM messed up my computer and it didn't recognize the DVD anymore :(

If your copies of Sims2 were registered with EA, you can download the game for free from their Origin site.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kelseyg22 wrote: »
    I listen to Let It Go (sometimes) while I run.

That's nothing. I lip synch and quasi dance while on the eliptical. Anything to keep my mind off the fact that I still have x minutes to go. I'm sure my 6'4" 280 lb self looks quite manly singing Aung dancing to such classics as lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, etc.

(btw I actually have decent musical taste outside the gym. I just find my usual indie fare lacks some motivational punch on the cardio equipment.)

you guys are hilarious!! too bad you can't be my running buddies!! laughing and running at the same time has to burn twice the calories!!!

I'll confess that sometimes I'll use the treadmill as my runway as I'm dancing or fist pumping to my favorite jams. It's all good until I fall off trying to bust a move.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Yup, exactly! It was almost impossible to find nice ones in Oman. I don't think I've ever tasted apricots so good. I wonder if I'm going to leave any for my husband... >:)
  • Francl27
    Options

If your copies of Sims2 were registered with EA, you can download the game for free from their Origin site.

I got the whole game for free a couple months ago actually... with all the expansions etc. Just don't really want to start over again.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    My name is Nicole. I was born in 1980. This was a very common name. My husband is Jason, born in 1978. Ditto for him.

My sisters are Amanda and Megan.

On the plus side, totally found this the other day:

10155900_10203498501977210_291819131108135659_n.jpg?oh=30bbcfe858862395e30845074f0a5728&oe=55FE2315

• Suzmp88
    Suzmp88 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My mom would hardly keep sweets in the house when I was growing up, but she would have Betty Crocker cake or brownie mix. When my sweet cravings hit, I would just pore some of the powder in a cup and add some milk or water to make it a batter consistency and lick off a spoon little by little. Sometimes as an adult I buy brownie mix for this purpose <_<

I think she caught on eventually because she started stocking weird crap like carrot cake and spice cake mixes and those won't do for me.
  • Francl27
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I just deleted a bunch of 'friends' who haven't logged in in weeks. I always feel sad for them when I do that (not because I'm deleting them, but because it means they've given up).
  • girldownsouth
    Options

Yup, exactly! It was almost impossible to find nice ones in Oman. I don't think I've ever tasted apricots so good. I wonder if I'm going to leave any for my husband... >:)

We've booked a holiday to the Dominican Republic next month. One of the things I am most excited about is trying the bananas!!