Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @spamarie Yum! Spam. :) I love Spam! Wait. I think that counts as a confession, too.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

My kind of girl, yoga and iron!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I've just booked a holiday to New York and I'm so excited to try all of the American foods and restaurants people post here that we don't get in the UK. I've been to Florida 3 times when I was in my teens but mostly we just lived off Denny's and Subway. This time I'm gonna take full advantage of the yummy foods. I need recommendations!

For example I've never had Key lime pie and everyone raves on about it! I'm dying to try it. Now obviously I know you can get that here but I'm holding out as I imagine it's so much better in the USA!

This makes me so sad.

Anyway, the thing with Key lime pie is that some places try to pass off Persian lime pies, or use green food coloring to make it "lime" colored (Key lime juice is yellow). That I want to smack those bakers is my confession.

I'll hold them still while you smack them. Key limes are from the Florida keys.
    I have never had Key Lime Pie. Is it at all like a lemon tart? I really love lemon tart.

Now that you mention it, yes, a little. It's more of a cheesecake than a pie. I love it, but make it with GF ginger snap crust now instead of graham cracker... thanks, celiac disease.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kyrah702 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm in constant pain lately and due to a knee injury, can't exercise(Most things are too much impact and I'm in screaming pain for weeks afterwards). It's been over a year since the injury happened and I had started walking again without my cane but now I'm back to almost needing it again.

SO. Today, after I saw some of the suggestions to go swimming(I like being in water but I hate the upkeep of shaving etc to get to the pool) I decided to look for a full body swimsuit because I'm uncomfortable in regular 1 or 2 piece suits. I found one on my lunch today and bought it, along with a swim cap so that I can finally feel confident enough to go and do something for myself that hopefully won't end in pain! I'm really excited and I know I'll get weird looks at the pool but I don't care.

Also got a referral for physio so hopefully the combination will help!

That's great! Enjoy your water time.

+1 and I also agree about the shaving part. That's mostly why I wear pants all year round. :blush:

And the hubby doesn't protest???

I once dated a girl that had some seriously coarse hair. She always had 5 o'clock shadow on her legs and it was sooo discomforting to rub against them. We didn't last long. lol

I only shave my legs when I remember, which is maybe biweekly or weekly in the summer. Once you let it go a couple days it gets soft again, haha. But I'm blonde and nearly hairless regardless so it barely matters if I shave the fifteen hairs that grow on my legs as you can't see them unless you're really trying to see them. I think of it as my reward for dealing with nearly invisible eyebrows and eyelashes. My husband couldn't care less about when I shave.

I am the exact same way!!!

I have nearly no body hair, anywhere! When I used to wear make-up, I always had to colour in my eyebrows, like on top of the hair!! I do not shave at all, except my underarms, maybe a few times a year, which it grows super slow there and not much either.

I am Italian :|

While I am glad for this, it is nearly unnatural for Italians, lol, I went to school with girls that had to shave their forearms!! LOL

I hate shaving! I always miss some hair on my legs & my armpits since losing weight are ridiculously challenging to shave now.

I also shave my arms too.

I noticed that I was having serious issues shaving my armpits. Out of no where I'm just terrible at it. Welp, it turns out that now that I have an actual arm pit shaving is more difficult and I have to pay extra special attention. :|

This, among other reasons, is why I don't shave my armpits. I epilate them. No stubble! :D
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I have never had Key Lime Pie. Is it at all like a lemon tart? I really love lemon tart.

It's similar, but better, in my opinon! I love key lime pie!! Very tart and delicious, but only really good if it's truly Key Lime pie... not just "lime pie."

I've never tasted it, and I admit that it sounds very intriguing... But I don't really like lemon-flavored desserts, so I'm not sure why!

Confession: I just made the peanut butter/sugar/egg cookies that @kelly_c_77, @Italian_Buju, and @Tubbs216 kept going on and on about, because I couldn't get the idea of trying them out of my brain, since they sounded so strange and yet they kept saying how good they were. I sprinkled them with brown sugar, too.

My husband is sighing and shaking his head at me--I can't say I blame him. :|
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and I know you'll get back on track. I missed you on here yesterday, but definitely understand the need to withdraw sometimes. I hope the FND calms down and that you feel much better soon. You will earn that fitbit! I have no doubt - you have so many people who believe in you and who are thinking of you! Hugs!

Thank you! I sure hope so--I'm running out of time. :(
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I just saw this on my Facebook feed and it made me smile. Quick! Get some cake!
    Edit: Just noticed the cobblestones and double-yellow lines. @LBuehrle8 - get used to those!!

This makes me extremely excited!!!!---Whoops messed up the post by trying to save room without the image :/
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju: it wouldn't hurt to check on your neighbor, but I think she would still be in the hospital. I know that in the states we can save about half the babies born at 24 weeks now, but it's an uphill fight. I haven't looked for stats for preemies in Canada. Something I may do now...

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

@raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You guys were busy, busy while I was gone! I'm checking in from page 1279, and don't seem to be gaining any ground. Happy to report that my Girl's Weekend was a blast! Many drinks and laughs and even some tears! It was awesome to get away for awhile! The family and I are leaving on Friday, heading to Illinois to visit my dad, step-mom, and grandmother. If you remember, dad was in a car accident back in May, step-mom doesn't drive, and grandmother (93) doesn't get around very well anymore. Heard from my dad the other day that his hospital bed is in my grandmother's living room...so please say a prayer or think good thoughts for my sanity and patience on this trip. I should be able to catch up on the thread while on "vacation", but will probably refrain from commenting since I am so far behind. Please know as I read your posts to get caught up; I'm thinking of all of you that are struggling and celebrating with all of you that are celebrating.

ETA: I'm still checking the Batcave because that isn't as busy and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pictures!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    You guys were busy, busy while I was gone! I'm checking in from page 1279, and don't seem to be gaining any ground. Happy to report that my Girl's Weekend was a blast! Many drinks and laughs and even some tears! It was awesome to get away for awhile! The family and I are leaving on Friday, heading to Illinois to visit my dad, step-mom, and grandmother. If you remember, dad was in a car accident back in May, step-mom doesn't drive, and grandmother (93) doesn't get around very well anymore. Heard from my dad the other day that his hospital bed is in my grandmother's living room...so please say a prayer or think good thoughts for my sanity and patience on this trip. I should be able to catch up on the thread while on "vacation", but will probably refrain from commenting since I am so far behind. Please know as I read your posts to get caught up; I'm thinking of all of you that are struggling and celebrating with all of you that are celebrating.

ETA: I'm still checking the Batcave because that isn't as busy and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pictures!

Have a safe trip @kellienw335. Sending you big hugs and lots of prayers for your Dad!! Hurry back we will miss you
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @MoHousdon I'm going to Dewey's pizza for dinner tonight I'll be joining you later in the feeling ill group- totes worth it!!

No, no! Go to Hound Dogs so I can live vicariously through you! (Yeah I know this was last week but I'm really behind and reading a couple pages today every time I need a break :) )

Mmm Hound Dogs, so good! Last time SO was in town I took him there as pizza is one of his favorites!

I just assumed this was a hot dog joint...

Best pizza ever. If you ever go to Columbus, you MUST stop there and get a pizza with smokin' Joe's crust (this garlic butter sauce that's on the crust). My last year of grad school I lived a block from there...it was a problem. They had a happy hour where you could get a pitcher of PBR and a small pizza for $10. Heaven.

My mouth filled with saliva when I read this. :p

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We always have tons of food too. The chest freezer is always packed with frozen meat (minimum: ground beef, steaks, chicken breasts, chicken thighs or drumsticks, shrimp, scallops, a white fish, and salmon) and bread (we don't eat it fast enough to keep it fresh but I usually have buns of some type, sandwich bread, naan, and homemade pizza crust) and frozen fruit. Right now I have like six pounds of shredded cheese in there too.

The fridge is pretty well always stuffed too. I need to have salad greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, green onions, green apples, eggs, bacon, and a hard and soft cheese in there all the time, plus we've always got about a hundred jars of pickles and olives and stuff. And mustard. Literally ten kinds of mustard and ten kinds of hot sauce at all times. It's bad. And our roommate always has beer in there too.

Yet somehow nothing ever lasts long enough to go bad, thanks to my bottomless pit of a husband and my obsessive FIFO habits.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Last night my boyfriend commented on needing new deodorant, and I was surprised because I just bought him some last month. I told him so and he said ''Well... yeah, I need new deodorant every month.'' I told him that I buy deodorant maybe two or three times a year and we had to go look this up on the internet. People were saying their deodorant lasts anywhere from 1-6 months.

HOW LONG DOES YOURS LAST? I swear I can take 6 months to go through deodorant. I think I only buy it twice a year. A month seems outrageous to me. I'm not a very sweaty person, but my deodorant lasts me even after most workouts.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Confession: I just made the peanut butter/sugar/egg cookies that @kelly_c_77, @Italian_Buju, and @Tubbs216 kept going on and on about, because I couldn't get the idea of trying them out of my brain, since they sounded so strange and yet they kept saying how good they were. I sprinkled them with brown sugar, too.

My husband is sighing and shaking his head at me--I can't say I blame him. :|

So, after trying these cookies, I have to say that they taste almost EXACTLY like the ones that I make with my standard peanut butter cookie recipe--they're just denser and thicker, and very slightly more peanut buttery. I'm thinking that they may be much higher in calories, too, although I didn't bother counting (I'm a bad girl).

I did make a few changes--I used half a cup (100 grams) of granulated sugar, and nearly one cup (100 grams; one full cup is only 130 grams) of powdered sugar, because my granulated sugar is pretty coarse and I didn't want it to ruin the cookie texture--the reason I used so much powdered sugar is because I wanted the same sweetness as though I added one full cup of granulated sugar (200 grams), so I matched the amount gram for gram rather than cup for cup. Also, as I mentioned, I sprinkled each cookie with light brown sugar before baking them.

They were lovely, but not particularly different from my regular cookie other than the density--I got 10 large cookies out of the batch. The brown sugar gave a light brown-sugary (nice description, right?) taste and a lovely bit of crunch on top.

In case anyone is interested, I'll give my standard peanut butter cookie recipe in the Super Great Recipe thread--each cookie contains around 155 calories for the same sized cookie as I got from 1/10th of this recipe. :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Last night my boyfriend commented on needing new deodorant, and I was surprised because I just bought him some last month. I told him so and he said ''Well... yeah, I need new deodorant every month.'' I told him that I buy deodorant maybe two or three times a year and we had to go look this up on the internet. People were saying their deodorant lasts anywhere from 1-6 months.

HOW LONG DOES YOURS LAST? I swear I can take 6 months to go through deodorant. I think I only buy it twice a year. A month seems outrageous to me. I'm not a very sweaty person, but my deodorant lasts me even after most workouts.

Every time I turn around, Mr. Mo needs deodorant again. I really don't get it. Am I not using enough because I only buy mine a few times a year too.

• Susieq_1994
    Options

I'd say mine lasts about (roughly) two months, and same for my husband, and we use deodorant religiously. We both use a cream-based deodorant, as opposed to gel or aerosol. Maybe he just uses a lot of it at one time?