Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We always have tons of food too. The chest freezer is always packed with frozen meat (minimum: ground beef, steaks, chicken breasts, chicken thighs or drumsticks, shrimp, scallops, a white fish, and salmon) and bread (we don't eat it fast enough to keep it fresh but I usually have buns of some type, sandwich bread, naan, and homemade pizza crust) and frozen fruit. Right now I have like six pounds of shredded cheese in there too.

The fridge is pretty well always stuffed too. I need to have salad greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, green onions, green apples, eggs, bacon, and a hard and soft cheese in there all the time, plus we've always got about a hundred jars of pickles and olives and stuff. And mustard. Literally ten kinds of mustard and ten kinds of hot sauce at all times. It's bad. And our roommate always has beer in there too.

Yet somehow nothing ever lasts long enough to go bad, thanks to my bottomless pit of a husband and my obsessive FIFO habits.

In my freezer I have two bags of chicken thighs, one bag of chicken breast, tilapia, mixed veggies, cauliflower, & a few frozen meals for when I am too lazy to make anything.

In my pantry I have around 5 boxes of protein bars, a package of the new Thin Golden Oreos, some Seaweed I probably won't eat, & some flavored pea snacks. In my other cabinets I have 6 peanut butters, various canned veggies/beans, around 8-9 different cereals, & rice.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Last night my boyfriend commented on needing new deodorant, and I was surprised because I just bought him some last month. I told him so and he said ''Well... yeah, I need new deodorant every month.'' I told him that I buy deodorant maybe two or three times a year and we had to go look this up on the internet. People were saying their deodorant lasts anywhere from 1-6 months.

HOW LONG DOES YOURS LAST? I swear I can take 6 months to go through deodorant. I think I only buy it twice a year. A month seems outrageous to me. I'm not a very sweaty person, but my deodorant lasts me even after most workouts.

I only buy deodorant two or three times a year. I don't know how someone goes through a stick a month!

I recently saw those 6 packs of deodorant at Costco and I figured if I bought one I'd be set for a few years lol
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    FYI, I'm alive. After my marathon day on Thursday, I did a whole lot of homework, and not a whole lot of anything else this weekend, so I'm way behind (30 pages kind of behind).

Additionally, our network at work updated over the weekend, and the boards are now blocked (though the rest of the site seems okay), so no more chatting at work (unless I get motivated enough to do it on my phone). Ha!
    But.. but.. isn't that what work is for? ;)

That's what my work seems to be for :wink:
  • saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I finally made a doctor appointment about my extreme loss of appetite. I go on August 3rd. Hopefully she'll test my leptin, ghrelin, and TSH levels because last time I had a blood test done none of those were tested.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly I love that you now have a profile pic!!!
    Yeah, nice profile pic! :)

Thanks everyone:).
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.
    We watched the first few series of Dexter and bailed before it got really bad. I was always a bit weirded out by the fact that his sister in the show was his wife in real life (at the time, anyway). When I heard how bad the ending was, I felt quite pleased that I hadn't invested any more time in it!

Agree about BB - I'm re-watching right now and it totally delivers on all fronts, right to the very end.
    I never liked Dexter much... the show or the guy. There were some characters that had some life to them but Dexter did not. I probably should have done what you did, but I felt obligated to stick it out until the end. :confounded: My favorite thing about the show was the opening, which I thought was pretty stylish!
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Last night my boyfriend commented on needing new deodorant, and I was surprised because I just bought him some last month. I told him so and he said ''Well... yeah, I need new deodorant every month.'' I told him that I buy deodorant maybe two or three times a year and we had to go look this up on the internet. People were saying their deodorant lasts anywhere from 1-6 months.

HOW LONG DOES YOURS LAST? I swear I can take 6 months to go through deodorant. I think I only buy it twice a year. A month seems outrageous to me. I'm not a very sweaty person, but my deodorant lasts me even after most workouts.

I only buy deodorant two or three times a year. I don't know how someone goes through a stick a month!

I recently saw those 6 packs of deodorant at Costco and I figured if I bought one I'd be set for a few years lol
    Definitely for me! I am always surprised when I get to the end of my deodorant stick because I never have to buy any.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 you ready for Pretty Little Liars? Three more episodes after this one until Charles is revealed.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Thanks everyone:).

Little late, but yes, very nice pic!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    I finally made a doctor appointment about my extreme loss of appetite. I go on August 3rd. Hopefully she'll test my leptin, ghrelin, and TSH levels because last time I had a blood test done none of those were tested.

I hope it can be cleared up and you'll feel normal soon. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I've been using two sticks of deodorant I got from the hospital.

I hope you and your doctor can figure out what's wrong and treat it easily, @saraherren
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »

Good luck, keep us updated on how you are.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 you ready for Pretty Little Liars? Three more episodes after this one until Charles is revealed.

Yes! I hope it doesn't disappoint though.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8, how was your weekend/riding all the rollercoasters (can't remember the name of where you went)? Did I miss an update?
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

It was the worst 12-ish weeks of my life, hands down... I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, and the worst part is it's hard to talk to people about it. Not many people relate and I still cry and feel my blood pressure go up when I think about it. I would talk to him and rub my belly and tell him to stay in there and that I was trying so hard to keep him safe... I still sometimes feel like I let him down because I just couldn't hold out another few weeks. He has a few problems from being early and the steroids they gave me for his lungs and it tears me up that *I* did something wrong. It would've been much, much worse if he had come even earlier, though, so I try to just be grateful for that.

@xLoveLikeWinterx I can completely empathize with this. When my sister was pregnant with her twins, she went into early labor at week 23 or so. They managed the situation, like yours, until the girls just wouldn't wait any more at exactly 30 weeks. Every day was a test of anxiety and fear and prayer. My sister had tried for years to get pregnant after miscarrying and finally had to do IVF. The whole process was emotionally trying and exhausting... and then the girls were here early, in the NICU for a little over a month. I love my sister so much and wanted things to go well for her that my heart was breaking that I couldn't help. Anyhow - I do understand the ups and downs - just thinking about the whole thing makes me get all teary and anxious.

We are blessed now with 2 girls who are doing very well. Healthy, happy, toddling around and getting up to all sorts of mischief. I adore them and am forever in awe at my sister's strength.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

Seconded! Or, I think thirded or fourthed at this point! Great pic!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8, how was your weekend/riding all the rollercoasters (can't remember the name of where you went)? Did I miss an update?

No you didn't miss an update we didn't get to go as it stormed really bad on Sunday :( We definitely made up for it though! Went shopping and bought some new dresses for my trip! Used my coupon at Yankee Candle (have I mentioned I'm obsessed with scents?) then we went bowling, had pizza, and got ice cream for national ice cream day! Haha so sad I didn't get to go to King's Island but we made up for it! Thanks for asking!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »

Seconded! Or, I think thirded or fourthed at this point! Great pic!

Ditto! So much better than that outline like a dead body (that is what they always remind me of... the outline of a dead body).
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

This probably counts as a confession, but I don't use deodorant. Or haven't for the past 3 or 4 years, since I got a nasty flare-up of eczema in my pits, had to use cortisone cream, then it stopped working... that was AWFUL. Needless to say, there was no shaving of cracked, bleeding pits for several months... this was in summer... stuck in jackets for public occasions.

I've been petrified to use deodorant since then. Honestly, the lack of it doesn't make much difference. I'm not very sweaty... at least not armpits. My head and my torso can get pretty soggy at times.

As I recall, a stick of solid used to last me about 6 months.

Similar confession - I make my own out of coconut oil, baking soda and cornstarch. It's not an antiperspirant, but works great as a deodorant. I read something about a correlation between the aluminum used in commercial deodorants and dementia which freaked me out and I made the hippie switch. Correlation is not causation, but losing my mind is my biggest fear.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    You guys were busy, busy while I was gone! I'm checking in from page 1279, and don't seem to be gaining any ground. Happy to report that my Girl's Weekend was a blast! Many drinks and laughs and even some tears! It was awesome to get away for awhile! The family and I are leaving on Friday, heading to Illinois to visit my dad, step-mom, and grandmother. If you remember, dad was in a car accident back in May, step-mom doesn't drive, and grandmother (93) doesn't get around very well anymore. Heard from my dad the other day that his hospital bed is in my grandmother's living room...so please say a prayer or think good thoughts for my sanity and patience on this trip. I should be able to catch up on the thread while on "vacation", but will probably refrain from commenting since I am so far behind. Please know as I read your posts to get caught up; I'm thinking of all of you that are struggling and celebrating with all of you that are celebrating.

ETA: I'm still checking the Batcave because that isn't as busy and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pictures!

So glad that weekend went great! That should hold you through the rough weekend ahead. Best wishes to you! I hope what you find when there is better than what you are expecting and he is well on his way to recovery!