Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @kellyjellybellyjelly I love that you now have a profile pic!!!

I do too!!! Woo hoo!!!

Love it! Nice to put a face with your name! :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Seasons 4 and 6 where my favorite, mostly because the killer he was tracking was so interesting.....the ending made me mad forever! FOREVER! I think that and LOST were completing for worst ending to a great show!

I don't watch a lot of TV but I was furious when Ghost Whisperer had their jump the shark moment! The last season I didn't watch many of the episodes & didn't care much for the direction it went.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I am about halfway there, so I may it make by then too. My husband can bench press the weight of any two of our kids combined, so I have a good coach. We just started doing Jamie Eason's Livefit plan. Today is leg day.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We have four freezers! :#
    One is the little side-by-side fridge combo one in the kitchen (useless for storing anything larger than a loaf of bread), one is a large upright one in the mudroom (used all the time) and one is a chest freezer in the basement - a throwback to my food biz days. I also have a fridge/freezer combo in my craft (ex-baking) room which gets used only at Christmas! We really don't need them all, and I'm working on emptying the basement one. We can re-fill it if the zombie apocalypse starts looking likely!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I was going to say that too!!!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or that song about the girl who doesn't know she's beautiful . . . and that's what makes her beautiful. I get that conceited isn't an attractive trait, but IME a person who knows they're beautiful attracts a better class of mate than someone with low self-esteem, which makes you wonder about the person who wrote the lyrics. Goodness knows the guys who have encouraged me to have low self-esteem (and other women I've known) have all had serious issues of their own.

And don't even get me started on "Blurred Lines," which has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere.

But I also enjoy analyzing some songs. When you know how Rihanna's accountant screwed her over, "B---- Better Have My Money" becomes a million times better.

Another song that everyone thinks is so poppy & upbeat but is the exact opposite is Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semi-Charmed_Life#Content

The lead singer said it's about drug addiction.
    Or the Barry Manilow one about liking Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain, which is about hooking up with a woman from the personal ads.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

Just my opinion but I would think the next day would be fine. I'd be happy knowing that someone cared enough about me to make sure I was okay.

I do hope that she and the baby are okay...

@Italian_Buju I think waiting a day or two would be good. If they had to deliver the baby early (which would've been necessary if her water broke), she may be dealing with grief if the baby was too early to make it. Just my opinion - give it at least one full day, if not 2. She may still be in the hospital if she had other complications, too. I am so glad you were able to be there for her when she needed it. Checking on her is a sweet, compassionate thing to do!

(My sister delivered twins at 30 weeks of pregnancy, which is very early. They both survived, but she had been in the hospital for a few weeks leading up to that, so had been given steroids to help the babies' lungs mature more quickly. I am familiar with the complications from early delivery/labor because I was very much involved with my sister's process.)

My youngest tried making his great escape starting at about 25 weeks. I seriously went in a few times for the Magnesium Sulfate/hospital stays until the contractions stopped and went home back on bed rest. I had a calendar and counted down the days that passed. They gave me the 2 doses of steroids, too. I cried every day and ALL I could think about was if he was ok. I have never been so scared in my life. I was in the hospital basically bi-weekly until he hit 37weeks2days and then the OB said "enough" and let him come.

They gave me the rundown on mortality rates at 25 weeks, 27, etc. and told me literally every day upped his odds like 1%. At 25 weeks, it was...not good. At one point, I was asked if I wanted to use the hospital chaplain or use one of my own for him for last rites. They throw so much at you, you're just in shellshock. I would give her some time bc 1) she's still in the hospital if in fact it was her water and not urine, and 2) if Heaven forbid something happened, she needs time to process it. The only thing that saved us was they think my water never broke. Had a few "leaks" but it turned out to be urine and then the last one it tested positive for amniotic fluid, but with bed rest/bed pan it stopped and they let me go until the 37 weeks.

Glad your little one did well and didn't make his escape too early. I made mine at 35, in 1969. They were worried about my lungs. I have asthma... otherwise no ill effects.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.
    We watched the first few series of Dexter and bailed before it got really bad. I was always a bit weirded out by the fact that his sister in the show was his wife in real life (at the time, anyway). When I heard how bad the ending was, I felt quite pleased that I hadn't invested any more time in it!

Agree about BB - I'm re-watching right now and it totally delivers on all fronts, right to the very end.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

(notice how "crow pose" got neatly eliminated from the part I highlighted? not a yoga fan, lol)

My goal is to deadlift and squat my bodyweight... my deadlift is almost there, think that one needs a goal reset.

My upper body strength is soooo pathetic, I don't know if benching that high is doable, think I'd be thrilled with 70 as a goal.

I want great calves. I have very strong calves, but they're scrawny and almost entirely lacking in definition.

And add me to the "Spa Marie" ranks... I too thought it had something to do with relaxation and wellness.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Yeah, nice profile pic! :)

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    FYI, I'm alive. After my marathon day on Thursday, I did a whole lot of homework, and not a whole lot of anything else this weekend, so I'm way behind (30 pages kind of behind).

Additionally, our network at work updated over the weekend, and the boards are now blocked (though the rest of the site seems okay), so no more chatting at work (unless I get motivated enough to do it on my phone). Ha!

Yay happy you survived!! And I'm sad your work blocked the forums :'(
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or that song about the girl who doesn't know she's beautiful . . . and that's what makes her beautiful. I get that conceited isn't an attractive trait, but IME a person who knows they're beautiful attracts a better class of mate than someone with low self-esteem, which makes you wonder about the person who wrote the lyrics. Goodness knows the guys who have encouraged me to have low self-esteem (and other women I've known) have all had serious issues of their own.

And don't even get me started on "Blurred Lines," which has been discussed ad nauseum elsewhere.

But I also enjoy analyzing some songs. When you know how Rihanna's accountant screwed her over, "B---- Better Have My Money" becomes a million times better.

Another song that everyone thinks is so poppy & upbeat but is the exact opposite is Semi Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind.

Or the Barry Manilow one about liking Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain, which is about hooking up with a woman from the personal ads.

...who happens to be his current wife/girlfriend/lover person. I HATE that song.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Confession

Confession #2

Hooking up with a woman from the personal ads who turns out to be the one he's already in a relationship with >:) -- that deserves to be stressed! Yep, I hated that song too (along with Lips of an Angel, which was discussed, oh, about 1,000 pages ago)

Anyone remember Josie by The Outfield? That was another one about a guy intending to cheat.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Confession

Confession #2

Or how about Foster The Peoples' 'Pumped up Kicks' talking about guns and school shootings..ugh awful!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!

I second this!

I third this.

Thanks everyone. I've just been going through some depression and haven't been feeling particularly social. My FND flared back up and I can't walk much today. I've also messed up my calories every single day for the past week and a half. Sigh. God knows if I'm ever going to earn that Fitbit now.

@Susieq_1994 so sorry to hear you had another FND flare:(. I'll keep you in my prayers & don't get down on yourself for messing up calorie wise, because you're awesome & not feeling well so maybe the extra calories can help you recover.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

We watched the first few series of Dexter and bailed before it got really bad. I was always a bit weirded out by the fact that his sister in the show was his wife in real life (at the time, anyway). When I heard how bad the ending was, I felt quite pleased that I hadn't invested any more time in it!

Agree about BB - I'm re-watching right now and it totally delivers on all fronts, right to the very end.

This makes me very happy.

I also hated the way they ended Dexter. They should have left well enough alone. Without the extra bit at the very end. I, too, thought it was weird that he was married to Jennifer Carpenter who played his sister on the show.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We have four freezers! :#
    One is the little side-by-side fridge combo one in the kitchen (useless for storing anything larger than a loaf of bread), one is a large upright one in the mudroom (used all the time) and one is a chest freezer in the basement - a throwback to my food biz days. I also have a fridge/freezer combo in my craft (ex-baking) room which gets used only at Christmas! We really don't need them all, and I'm working on emptying the basement one. We can re-fill it if the zombie apocalypse starts looking likely!
    I SO wish I had room for a chest freezer. My bread-hoarding tendencies can only go so far in my regular one before we can't fit any meat or chicken in there anymore... ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I was going to say that too!!!

Same here--Nice to finally put a face to the name! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I hope you're doing ok. We missed you yesterday!

I second this!

I third this.

Thanks everyone. I've just been going through some depression and haven't been feeling particularly social. My FND flared back up and I can't walk much today. I've also messed up my calories every single day for the past week and a half. Sigh. God knows if I'm ever going to earn that Fitbit now.

@Susieq_1994 so sorry to hear you had another FND flare:(. I'll keep you in my prayers & don't get down on yourself for messing up calorie wise, because you're awesome & not feeling well so maybe the extra calories can help you recover.

Oh, it's not another flare--it's the same flare, giving me a last kick in the face before I can fully recover. It generally happens, so I was expecting it to some degree. It still stinks, though.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Same. Deadlift & squat are at or slightly above body weight, but I'm struggling to bench 60 pounds, less than half my weight!