What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• 7Tamara7
    7Tamara7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The dreaded C25K week 5 day 3 complete! No stopping! Felt amazing! With an average of 11 minute mile.

Size 14 jeans starting to get loose.

205 days of logging

Was a good week!

Nice job! :smile:
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    my jeans are poking me in the belly rather than rolling over at the waistband. I'm taking that to mean I've lost enough belly flab that my jeans actually "fit".
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I can wear my wedding band and engagement ring again!
  • Emartz2
    Emartz2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A pair of jeans that had been stuffed in the back of the closet for a couple of years fit!!! Maybe not as well as I'd hoped...but they zipped easily!

3kx8bg490maf.jpg
  • Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A few recent ones:
    - reached last hole on my belt!
    - jeans I only recently got back into are already very loose!
    - ran a full mile today (I couldn't run for a minute when I started
    - did 50 perfect form squats with my trainer's encouragement
    - I FEEL STRONG!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I played xbox with my daughter while using my recument bike at the same time...for 2 hrs!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I went to Outback with my family tonight and they got cheese fries. I love cheese fries. I had ONE FRY, no bread and stuck to my steak and asparagus.
  • MelimelCoco
    MelimelCoco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have been working out four times a week with yoga, and I walk everyday. But now I'm ready to add more variety. I want want to add balance ball workout to my weekly routine, but the problem is mfp doesn't have it in their exercise list. What do you think I should post it as?

I'm very excited about wanting to improve my weekly workout, and I believe that is a good NSV. :smile:

I love doing different exercise ball routines! I normally log mine under strength training rather than cardio since most of mine are in reps rather than time.

Thanks for your feedback. I have a DVD and it has routines and warm ups. I think its more cardio then strength in my case, but it also involves the strength band. When the band is used other parts of the body move as well. I don't know if it is like aerobics, but I don't want to over calculate the calories either. So I'm tempted to go with yoga....

Can't wait to start it, I'll change my weekly routine on Tuesday :wink:
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Got a new ID with my ACTUAL weight listed on it.
    The last one was five years ago, they look like two different people.
    The weight lie on original ID is 13 pounds less than my current... NOT.. :) I'll be there soon.. this time for real.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My linen pants (a juniors size 9 but a bit generous as they fit like an 11) FIT! I wore them to my dr appt, and the nurse commented my pants were getting too big because I lost so much weight. AND they were my old (pre-sick and pre-obese) pants.

I smiled and said "these old pants?" but I'm telling you, it feels good to be on track and getting back to a healthy size. I finally understand that saying that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Although I am at 150 pounds so I am not small by any means, but the NSVs are better than the pounds lost for sure.

Happy Friday everyone :)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I made a pan of brownies tonight, I was planning to have one and freeze the rest. The brownies didn't turn out very well...I didn't like them at all. Before I would have binged and ate them anyway. Tonight I ate 2 ( just to be SURE I didn't like them) then threw the rest in the trash. I have never thrown out brownies in my life.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I hate the elliptical but recently got an app called BitGym. Did 30 minutes on Wednesday (highest time so far) and 21 minutes today. I didn't plan on using it today but was showing my mom the app and it hit a limit so figured I might as well workout

I also did some weights today
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My sports massage therapist was working on my back and shoulders and said you could definitely tell I had been swimming. i'm assuming that's because I have been toning up and getting some visible muscle there, rather than because I smelled of chlorine! Made me feel like a boss :D
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a size small belt, the one I had when I was at my biggest was XXL! :D
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am able to work outside in the heat now that I've lost 100 lbs. Still have about 80 to go. I sat cross legged on the ground for the first time in....years.

I have been wearing my size 3x clothes (working clothes) when I buy my chicken feed at the country store. But the other day, I was dressed in my 1x pant / xl top with makeup on and the ladies were amazed by my weight loss. The couldn't really tell before because of my too large clothes. They said they thought my face had looked slimmer but didn't want to say anything because weight loss is such a touchy subject but with my cloths on that fit, they knew they could make a comment.
  • beezlebubb
    beezlebubb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I went shopping yesterday and every size 8 I tried on was too big! I remember wishing I was a size 8! I finally felt happy in a dressing room!
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Keith3481 wrote: »
    Today is my 200th day in a row of logging.

Super!
  • courtneymig
    courtneymig Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been reading these replies everyday to keep myself motivated but I FINALLY have a couple NSVs of my own! The first is that I went on a family vacation last week and felt confident enough to wear a bikini even though I weighed about the same that I did on last years vacation where I only felt comfortable enough to wear a one piece swimsuit! It just shows that although I'm still the same size,(for now lol) taking care of my physical health can also improve my mental health. The second happened this morning when I was checking myself out in front of the mirror before I took a shower(btw I'm not the only one who does that right?). I noticed that the stretch marks on my hips that were previously pink/red in color were starting to turn white and blend in with my skin. Even the stretch marks on my thighs are becoming a tiiiiiiiny bit less noticeable which is really exciting because those are the ones that I'm most self-conscious about. I've only lost about 15 pounds so far and I think it'll be another 10-15 until I can notice the change in my clothes but this really gave me the reassurance that what I'm doing is making a difference even though it's a slow process.
  • PhoenyxHellfyre
    PhoenyxHellfyre Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Two NSVs: 1.) I went on vacation last week. Ate all the foods, and did modified workouts. Managed to maintain my current weight. (I guess it's technically a scale thing, but I'm still super proud that I pulled that off.) 2.) My endocrinologist thought my biceps were super cool and referred to them as potatoes. He then slashed my insulin resistance meds in half, with the plan to be rid of them completely in 6 months. So I guess that's 3 things!

My potatoes are making me feel pretty.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Realized while I was checking weight limitations on a bunch of ladders that I no longer needed to. They all took 10-40lbs more than I've got!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!