What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    My scale said I lost 25 pounds overnight!
    My husband has been saying its wacky for a few days now, but this is the first time it has acted up on me. As someone who weighs 2 times everyday, I should have panicked- my scale is BROKEN!!

NSV: didn't panic, hardly even bothered. Wow- who am I?
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Best NSV: my awesome dad, @tavey, and I lifted weights today and had an awesome time. Planning to make it a regular 3x a week father daughter date. Yay for family fitness!
  • fujiko
    fujiko Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    After months and months of not finding any motivation, I finally managed to go out and watch what I eat and drink! Baby steps, i'm back!
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    Best NSV: my awesome dad, @tavey, and I lifted weights today and had an awesome time. Planning to make it a regular 3x a week father daughter date. Yay for family fitness!

I love this.

NSV I have an eye infection and still worked out. Can still see out of one eye eh!
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am away at my boyfriend's colleague's vacation home for the weekend - I paddle boarded and waterskiied! I never paddle boarded before and last time I waterskiied was like 20 years ago. Last summer with forty more pounds I never would have tried - worse balance and strength was making me lose my confidence. I feel like my old brave adventurous athletic self again - yay! Both were fun and the skiing especially was exhilarating :) Added bonus was I could see in my honey's face he was proud of me - the other ladies on the trip didn't even try that stuff.
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Ishii19 wrote: »
    I am away at my boyfriend's colleague's vacation home for the weekend - I paddle boarded and waterskiied! I never paddle boarded before and last time I waterskiied was like 20 years ago. Last summer with forty more pounds I never would have tried - worse balance and strength was making me lose my confidence. I feel like my old brave adventurous athletic self again - yay! Both were fun and the skiing especially was exhilarating :) Added bonus was I could see in my honey's face he was proud of me - the other ladies on the trip didn't even try that stuff.

Way to go!!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    965 day log in streak

• ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Getting out if the swimming pool in one move, quite elegantly , made my day !
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    ejdp254 wrote: »
    Getting out if the swimming pool in one move, quite elegantly , made my day !

This! It gets easier to get in and out every time I go swimming :)

My face is starting to look nicer/have some shape to it again. I haven't lost many pounds on the scale, but having both me and my mom notice that my face is changing is really exciting. Getting more comfortable in the pool - swimming a couple "laps" as opposed to "lengths" before getting out of breath & needing to rest is really exciting. I'm feeling more competent, which is encouraging. & tbh I feel like my knee injury is feeling a bit better now that I'm being active.
  • gobraves657
    gobraves657 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bought size 36 shorts yesterday after buying size 40 earlier this year. I happened to be wearing the 40's with a belt and they literally fell off when I unbuckled the belt to try them on. Also bought a couple XL Under Armour shirts which actually fit well. Also bought a new belt as I had used up all the notches.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Realized while I was checking weight limitations on a bunch of ladders that I no longer needed to. They all took 10-40lbs more than I've got!

^This! It's so good not to have to check weight limits on things any more! Best feeling ever :D
  • Jennak87
    Jennak87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    GemskiB wrote: »
    I am wearing size 12 jeans from topshop and a size 12 vest from warehouse.

I used to work in Warehouse when I was at uni and I lived in constant fear of getting too big to be able to fit into any of my uniform outfits! And that's when I was a size 14/16! The sizing is ridiculously small, so go you!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I went for my first long training ride in the outside world yesterday. Did about 45km in 2hours. Went out even though the forecast was for a strong head wind (yep, that happened) and rain (only the last 10mins). I'm not very confident on my road bike yet, and have been doing most of my riding on a trainer indoors, so I was very proud of myself for getting out there despite the forecast and doing the full 2hours scheduled in my training plan.
  • taymam
    taymam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I went shopping the other day because none of my clothes fit. I am now a small size shirt, and size 10 pants. Considering I started at an extra large and size 18 I'm pretty thrilled! Also I just hit 160 pounds! According to the canadian BMI chart, I am now officially considered "a normal weight" and no longer over weight. Again when I started I was considered obese. Lastly I attended my first body pump class on Wednesday, overcoming my anxiety in large groups people, it was difficult at first. There something very vulnerable about sweating it out for all to see. I was able to complete the entire class aside from a few lunges from a previous knee injury. Next one is on Wednesday, I can't wait!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of jeans that used to squeeze me (they're high waisted) and gave me a muffin top like you wouldn't believe. Now? Not one fairy cake-esque bulge.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Went shopping on an empty stomach. Instead of buying junk, I bough a munch of veggies for a veggy soup, and some healthy soy fake meat (no I am not a vegetarian, I just don't eat too much) that i can store in the freezer until needed.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that instead of giving in to hunger pangs, I read all your posts for the last couple of hours and no longer feel the need to stuff my face! Great work everyone, and thanks for being my support even though you didn't know it!!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I had my dinner pre-logged, but was having a big craving for a Big Mac. Not sure why, haven't had one in a few years now, but it was a pretty powerful craving. I went out to take back my movies to Redbox, and almost drove to McDonald's, but then thought of how I would blow my 17-day streak of not going over my calories, and came back home and ate my pre-logged dinner. :)
  • gilliebee63
    gilliebee63 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My shape hasn't changed all that much, and so I was pleasantlly surprised today, when I went shopping for something to wear to a family wedding next week, to find two dresses I really liked. One was very form-fitting in the best possible way! I could really see the difference from my last shopping trip.

I am not ready to invest a whole lot in new clothes, but it's nice to know that I have more options already than I used to!
  • rbee2015
    rbee2015 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hardly any pieces of clothing in my closet fit anymore. Been to thrift shop several times, because don't want to spend a lot on anything that is only going to fit for a week or so.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!