What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    My early supper {baby shower} was a couple of wings, the little ham and cheese sandwiches, potato salad, lil' smokies, meatballs and some kind of spicy, cheesy spaghetti salad thing. It was good, but also kind of hot.

vegnmh9pvdtk.jpg

My late supper {birthday party} was collard greens, baked beans, creamed corn and ribs. This was all very good, but I just had a taste of it. With a family reunion at lunchtime, and two night time events, I over did it on calories today.

i04bdkaonm3d.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    We started with a pepper, onion, cucumber and tomato salad. {Everything but the cucumbers came out of the garden} It had mini sweet peppers, bell peppers and Jalapeno peppers, and one of the Jalapenos was HOT. Supper itself was ribs, ham, baked beans, creamed corn and green beans with almond slices. Everything but the green beans was work leftovers from the weekend. And Margie made another trifle. This one was strawberries, sugar free cheesecake pudding, lite Cool Whip and Angel food cake. Very good.

scx0m9jhoxyq.jpg
    ue1ejzp3blmw.jpg
    borxsn52xne3.jpg
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i made http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/08/turkey-santa-fe-zucchini-boats.html#more last night. I somehow ended up with way too much filling for my little zucchini boats, so it turned into more of a... casserole where i had stuffed boats but just threw the rest of the mix on top and called it a day. Mine were 293 cals per serving but high in protein. And yummy =)
  • larrodarro
    Options
    klmnumbers wrote: »
    i made http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/08/turkey-santa-fe-zucchini-boats.html#more last night. I somehow ended up with way too much filling for my little zucchini boats, so it turned into more of a... casserole where i had stuffed boats but just threw the rest of the mix on top and called it a day. Mine were 293 cals per serving but high in protein. And yummy =)

I have run into this with stuffed peppers. I came up with un-stuffed peppers, which are just as good, with much less work. I just go ahead and chop everything up from the start, mix it all together and bake. So just because your boats were beached doesn't mean it isn't a great meal.
  • winklermom
    winklermom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Supper tonight was lemon butter shrimp, Italian green beans and salad. zzxr8j9nn0a9.jpg
    68dg9ac0r7y8.jpg
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    7bzs5woq0gkf.jpg

Tired two new foods for me, Avocado and quinoa. I made Quinoa with spinach, Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa and some farm fresh green and yellow beans, OMGosh so good.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Supper was a ham, turkey breast and Swiss sandwich {with mustard, pickles, olives and tomatoes}, melon, grapes and {mixed} mixed veggies, green beans and corn. Pretty good.

7380n41w21ci.jpg
  • allaboutthefood
    Options
    Tray of raw veggies and fruits, Tilapia cooked in avocado oil and cilantro, grilled carrots and bell peppers and left over Quinoa with spinach from last nights dinner.

770svd8rnzsm.jpg
    pki90v9t2lcq.jpg
    7my0r9muriqr.jpg
    yzaqmsg29qkb.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Supper was ham, turkey and Swiss {with mustard and tomato} on a toasted Ciabatta roll, green beans with almond slices, ham and chicken stir-fry and tomato slices. Very good.

78o2kw1whjvo.jpg
  • winklermom
    winklermom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was on the couch all day yesterday compliments of Meneire's Disease, so my sweet hubby cooked supper last night. Unfortunately, I didn't get a pic of it, but he made a delicious meat loaf, mashed potatoes and purple hull peas. He did a great job. :smiley:
  • allaboutthefood
    Options
    Field tomatoes, Spinach/zucchini mushroom turkey burgers topped with homemade guacamole grilled zucchini and some sour cream with grilled carrots and red bell pepperskr9c987n1352.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Supper tonight was an oven baked turkey/turkey sausage burger with Swiss, mustard, mayo, pickle and tomato on a Ciabatta roll, corn from the garden {via the freezer}, un-popped Jalapeno stuffers, green beans, mixed veggies and more tomato. Everything was real good. The poppers is my fist try doing them this way. Much easier than regular poppers. It will take some tweaks to get the right cream cheese/cheese/Jalapeno/bacon/BBQ sauce ratio. Here is the recipe as prepared tonight:

173g Jalapeno
    86g Mexican blend cheddar cheese
    8 oz cream cheese
    116g partially cooked bacon
    56g Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce

Bake at 350F for about 30-35 minutes. 172 calories per 50g serving.

xkhs1f2bi498.jpg
    bk2w9x2sq77k.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    The whole family went to Pizza Hut for supper tonight. I had a salad, then slices of pineapple and Canadian bacon {with onion}, pineapple and Canadian bacon {without onion} and Pepperoni. There were also three other pizzas, chicken wings and apple pie, but I passed on those.

6omm0s7ica8z.jpg
    6vdcxvh4rvzl.jpg
    nguh9fr74gpg.jpg
    enqzsdfao437.jpg
  • allaboutthefood
    Options
    Sorry no pics of tonight's food, we spent the day at park picnics, BBQ's and a free concert. But I did get a photo of my home made guacamole, peach salsa and tzatziki. So yummy. payv2ftmfr33.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Supper was mostly leftovers tonight. It was a turkey/turkey sausage burger with cheddar, mustard, mayo, pickle and tomato, un-stuffed Jalapeno poppers, stir-fry veggies, corn on the cob and the rest of the tomato. Still good.

4s8z8921fmem.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Grilled sockeye salmon with mint basil pesto, herbed orzo, and grilled zucchini with lemon salt. All the herbs were from our garden. Finally!

0y8a1qw2wu9c.jpg
  • Serena795
    Serena795 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Black bean burger wrapped in Napa cabbage (leftover), zucchini noodles with curry sauce. Plus a small bit of Greek yogurt, a little Puffins, and a tiny apple for dessert. :)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Had a burger and fries for dinner tonight.

wecd259jipki.jpg
  • larrodarro
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The nice folks having the 80th surprise birthday party brought me a plate. It was chicken wings, meatloaf(?), salad, bread and spinach dip, pasta salad, crescent roll, Colby Jack cheese {almost hidden}, corn salad and tuna salad. I saved about half of the wings, and most of the meatloaf for tomorrow, but everything was real good.

mfsa4kg9jamo.jpg
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Zucchini fritters with a side of sour cream. Yum!

9daw4abwj87g.jpg