What do we eat?

Options

Replies

• PannyTheBug
    PannyTheBug Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I look for protein in every meal. Fiber is filling and has other health benefits. Fat is filling and necessary also. My goals are to eat foods I like while getting the most bang for my calorie buck. No food is off limits, although some foods can't be everyday foods.....anymore.

Breakfast - Greek yogurt & low sugar oatmeal - or a Greek yogurt "parfait" (layer yogurt, berries, and Fiber One cereal).

Non-starchy veggies are high volume foods. I can really stretch the portion sizes by adding these to lunch & dinner.

Lunch - grilled chicken (leafy) salads. Different recipes - Cesar, Asian, South West, etc. OR a sandwich on whole wheat (more protein & fiber in whole grain breads and pastas) - Veggie side if I'm not having salad. Fruit side (I typically save this as a snack).

Dinner - protein with starchy something (noodles, rice, potatoes)....then veggies. I like incorporating veggies in sauces. Then I can have a decent serving size.

Snacks - popcorn, nuts, ice cream, or chocolate.....a small serving of something that I'm really craving.
    Gosh you seem to like having a lot of a few things, but that's good, better than me!! My food habits mainly consist of tuna and chocolate.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Are you looking for calorie counts or specific foods?

Here's a typical day for me.

Breakfast
    soft boiled eggs
    toast
    raw fruit
    2% milk + coffee
    ~550 calories

Lunch
    yogurt or cottage cheese
    granola bar (usually Kashi bar or Nature Valley protein bar)
    raw veggies and/or fruit
    ~600 calories

Dinner
    grilled or baked meat (chicken, steak, etc.)
    mashed potatoes or rice
    raw or cooked veggies or salad
    ~550 calories

Evening Snack
    whatever I feel like having (pretzels, milk, ice cream, etc.)
    ~250-300 calories

I'm eating 2000 calories right now.

That's a good organised food timetable, thanks! I think you should cut down on the sweet evening snacks. That won't help you sleep. I suggest homemade biscuits, or a milky strawberry milkshake, homemade with just strawberries, milk and low fat strawberry yoghurt. They're super yum! I also suggest that you check the sugar content in the nature valley bars, because I don't eat them any more as they contain LOADS of sugar! Your diet seems really good though.

Um, I thought you wanted help with your diet, not a chance to critique the diet of other posters. I'm confused.

• PannyTheBug
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    This is a very vague question. What's wrong with your diet that you wish to improve? I suggest you find some friends on here who are at roughly the same spot in the journey as you and have a look at their diaries for ideas.
    I just wanted to see so I could get some ideas.
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied so far, I tried to reply to as many of you as I could. Tomorrow, can you post ON HERE a basic calorie count for each meal. Thanks guyyyys!
  • hlnebel
    hlnebel Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied so far, I tried to reply to as many of you as I could. Tomorrow, can you post ON HERE a basic calorie count for each meal. Thanks guyyyys!

I don't think anybody is going to do that.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Lol lol lol this op is GOLD!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Breakfast
    soft boiled eggs
    toast
    raw fruit
    2% milk + coffee
    ~550 calories

Lunch
    yogurt or cottage cheese
    raw veggies and/or fruit
    ~600 calories

Dinner
    mashed potatoes or rice
    ~550 calories

Evening Snack
    ~250-300 calories

That's a good organised food timetable, thanks! I think you should cut down on the sweet evening snacks. That won't help you sleep. I suggest homemade biscuits, or a milky strawberry milkshake, homemade with just strawberries, milk and low fat strawberry yoghurt. They're super yum! I also suggest that you check the sugar content in the nature valley bars, because I don't eat them any more as they contain LOADS of sugar! Your diet seems really good though.

:laugh:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I switched from stout beer to lighter IPAs. That made all the difference for me.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Heh.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I look for protein in every meal. Fiber is filling and has other health benefits. Fat is filling and necessary also. My goals are to eat foods I like while getting the most bang for my calorie buck. No food is off limits, although some foods can't be everyday foods.....anymore.

Breakfast - Greek yogurt & low sugar oatmeal - or a Greek yogurt "parfait" (layer yogurt, berries, and Fiber One cereal).

Non-starchy veggies are high volume foods. I can really stretch the portion sizes by adding these to lunch & dinner.

Lunch - grilled chicken (leafy) salads. Different recipes - Cesar, Asian, South West, etc. OR a sandwich on whole wheat (more protein & fiber in whole grain breads and pastas) - Veggie side if I'm not having salad. Fruit side (I typically save this as a snack).

Dinner - protein with starchy something (noodles, rice, potatoes)....then veggies. I like incorporating veggies in sauces. Then I can have a decent serving size.

Snacks - popcorn, nuts, ice cream, or chocolate.....a small serving of something that I'm really craving.
    Gosh you seem to like having a lot of a few things, but that's good, better than me!! My food habits mainly consist of tuna and chocolate.

That's a wicked combination. How does that taste?
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Okkkkk then.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    hlnebel wrote: »

Legit lol
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    hi, just wanted to know, what does everyone eat, (on average) in a day, so I can improve my diet? Thanks :)

I keep my diary open, but I promise it is no paragon of virtue. I eat ice cream, pizza, bacon cheeseburgers, and all sorts of truly atrocious stuff. I do okay on the macros, but some of my micros need some serious love (I'm sorry potassium.. I know I don't give you enough love, but can we become bff's some day?). One thing I DO get done on a regular basis is stay below target calories, and I'm losing weight consistently and regularly.
    I think, the thing to do is to think about what that is doing to your body. Don't sheild yourself from the, well... for me I guess it's shame. You need to eat more spinach, bananas, that kinda thing. It's healthy and filling, and will give you energy.
    Wut?
  • DavPul
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    You can look at my diary. A lot of ground turkey, avocado, spinach, laughing cow cheese, greek yogurt, frozen yogurt, PB2, popcorn, sliced deli turkey, shrimp, black beans...

TBH, I find that unless it is carved before your very eyes, sliced turkey contains a lot of hidden salt and preservatives. It's expensive, but definitely better, to buy a pack of turkey pieces or even buy a whole cooked turkey or chicken and slice that yourself. I also find that quorn is a good source of protein. Well done with the spinach, I like that too!

Come again?
  • DavPul
    Options

Breakfast
    soft boiled eggs
    toast
    raw fruit
    2% milk + coffee
    ~550 calories

Lunch
    yogurt or cottage cheese
    raw veggies and/or fruit
    ~600 calories

Dinner
    mashed potatoes or rice
    ~550 calories

Evening Snack
    ~250-300 calories

The hell????

Did I totally misread the OP?
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    You can look at my diary. A lot of ground turkey, avocado, spinach, laughing cow cheese, greek yogurt, frozen yogurt, PB2, popcorn, sliced deli turkey, shrimp, black beans...

TBH, I find that unless it is carved before your very eyes, sliced turkey contains a lot of hidden salt and preservatives. It's expensive, but definitely better, to buy a pack of turkey pieces or even buy a whole cooked turkey or chicken and slice that yourself. I also find that quorn is a good source of protein. Well done with the spinach, I like that too!

Come again?

What u mean by that?
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

That's a wicked combination. How does that taste?

Oh Jesus no not together !!!!!
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    hlnebel wrote: »

Thanks for the positive feedback
  • PannyTheBug
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

Breakfast
    soft boiled eggs
    toast
    raw fruit
    2% milk + coffee
    ~550 calories

Lunch
    yogurt or cottage cheese
    raw veggies and/or fruit
    ~600 calories

Dinner
    mashed potatoes or rice
    ~550 calories

Evening Snack
    ~250-300 calories

Um, I thought you wanted help with your diet, not a chance to critique the diet of other posters. I'm confused.

Um look I'm just adding my own opinion is that a problem?
This discussion has been closed.