Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I hope your week is off to a great start. Whats on the agenda this week for you? What questions do you have that I might be able to answer?
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    where was your saturday workout?
    was it a race?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    It was in Nashville, TN. Nope, wasn't a race. There was a stage set up at the east end of Broadway, downtown, and they had 2nd ave all the way to I believe 6 or 7th avenue blocked off. We had celebrity trainers Tony Horton, Shaun T, Chalene Johnson, Autumn Calabreese, and Sagi Kalev leading us through differnt exercises. They had jumbo tron monitors set up at every block, complete with an awesome sound system. It was SO AWESOME!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    100 degrees today when I left for work. Ugh. This is Colorado. it is supposed to be cooler.
  • ronronronj
    ronronronj Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Up bright and early, working at home! Maybe I can get the lawn done, too. Let's see if I can avoid eating excess this weekend. We are celebrating a birthday in the family, which will involve going out to a restaurant, so this may prove difficult.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ronronronj wrote: »
    Hi, I'm baaaaaack! We went to Paris for vacation. Ate a lot of good food, drank a lot of good wine, and did a LOT of walking! ....

We came back from from two weeks in Normandy & Brittany last Sunday and have eaten more at home in the past few days than in France. We also managed to eat sensibly, I managed to have light breakfasts and lunches and enjoyed good evening meals with too much wine. Wine is twice the price here so we brought some home and am trying to leave it for weekends.
    Back to routine now so hopefully will get my meals back on track.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    ronronronj wrote: »
    Hi, I'm baaaaaack! We went to Paris for vacation. Ate a lot of good food, drank a lot of good wine, and did a LOT of walking! ....

We came back from from two weeks in Normandy & Brittany last Sunday and have eaten more at home in the past few days than in France. We also managed to eat sensibly, I managed to have light breakfasts and lunches and enjoyed good evening meals with too much wine. Wine is twice the price here so we brought some home and am trying to leave it for weekends.

That sounds like fun. I have never been much of a wine drinker. My wife is. I love beer. the darker the better.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good evening. How is everyone doing? Were coming up on the end of the month. Are you still going strong with your goals? Do you have a plan in place? I hope so!
  • ronronronj
    Options

I think the French do not eat as much as Americans. Restaurant portions aren't as large, from our observation. It was interesting, at leas tin Paris, that a glass of wine was cheaper than a can of soda (and no refills in either case). I hope you got some good crèpes and cidre in Brittany as the place is known for that stuff.
    Good evening. How is everyone doing? Were coming up on the end of the month. Are you still going strong with your goals? Do you have a plan in place? I hope so!

Had a family birthday, so that meant going to a restaurant (speaking of large portions). I did try to eat less earlier, and then I deliberately cut my entree in half to save the rest for later. I still went over my calorie allotment, but not too badly. Now I am getting back on track this week. So far, I am down 12 pounds, though I bounced up a couple of pounds this weekend. I hope to get back to the walking I need to do.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Portion control is hard when eating out. Just about every restaurant out there now serves these huge portions. It is such a waste. Have you ever eaten at a Claim Jumper? They have to be one of the worst. One serving could easily feed 3 people. They pride themselves on those huge portions too. It's crazy.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Love the Claim Jumper and easily get 4 meals out of one visit!

Just came back from a family vacation to Southern Cali. Didn't log much of my intake, but we were much more active than usual. Introduced my son to the surf zone at Coronado and got him and my daughter up on the boogie boards for their first rides!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Love the Claim Jumper and easily get 4 meals out of one visit!

Just came back from a family vacation to Southern Cali. Didn't log much of my intake, but we were much more active than usual. Introduced my son to the surf zone at Coronado and got him and my daughter up on the boogie boards for their first rides!
    Now that sounds like a lot of fun.
  • Dch102801
    Dch102801 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm dad of 4. 2 boys 2 girls. And I work 10-12 hours a day. So not a lot of time for family and working out. I just recently started taking my 2 oldest for runs on Saturday mornings. I try to wake up around 4 eastern time to get an hour at my gym. So I love the support of other parents
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    dch1028 wrote: »
    I'm dad of 4. 2 boys 2 girls. And I work 10-12 hours a day. So not a lot of time for family and working out. I just recently started taking my 2 oldest for runs on Saturday mornings. I try to wake up around 4 eastern time to get an hour at my gym. So I love the support of other parents
    I know what you mean. With my commute I am away for work 10 hours a day. I work the evening shift, so I am gone from 1:45pm to 12:30am. I get up at 7:00, get my workout done and out of the way, then get on with my day and the family. You can do it! My advantage, I workout at home. Saves a lot of time.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Alright. 9:30 this evening, and despite the strong urge to stay seated on the edge of my bed in my hotel room, i made myself go downstairs to the fitness room, and knocked out 3 miles on the treadmill. Why you may ask? Because I haven't spent the past 2 years busting my butt to get down to my goal weight. Because I didn't spend the past 2 years trying to be as healthy as I can, so that I will meet my great grandchildren years from now. Because I have created a healthy habit. One that I am proud of, and one that I love to do. My wish for you? That you find this level of discipline and determination, so that you reach your goals. Have a good night everyone!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good morning and happy Tuesday. Yesterday my girls and I tried out the first dance exercise in Shaun T's new program Cize. It was so much fun and so easy to do. My girls rocked it. It made me feel so good that my daughters wanted to do it with me and that we continue to stay fit as a family. My son tried it, but he wasn't to into it, so he went back to his nerf gun war. 29 more days to go in my support group for this program. I think it is going to be fun all the way to the end!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Here you go, you can view it here. I think my girls did awesome!

https://youtu.be/RaxXzTVwSj0
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike,Mike! Guess what day it is? Lol. I know, I'm only torturing myself. Happy Wednesday everyone. I hope your week is going well. Only a few more days until the weekend? Kids are starting to get ready for school, my wife is getting ready to back to work (School psychologist) and summer is winding down. But, that doesn't mean it's time to get relaxed. I'm still pushing hard with my exercises, trying to clean up my nutrition a little more, and staying focused and consistent on that. How are your plans coming along for your health and fitness?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Well, I missed my workout yesterday. To many chores and I didn't schedule my time right. It happens, but I will be back at it today.
  • ronronronj
    Options
    Mike, thanks for being such an inspiration. My week was OK, though I was "making up" for the excesses of the last weekend. So I think I am getting back on track. The good news is that the new "high" is still ten pounds below my previous weight! I am close to my new low, so maybe getting through the weekend and the next week will be good.

A new place opened up at the local mall that is a combination of kabob and healthy salads. I managed to split an entree with my wife, and the kids are good with the place. This may be another good alternative.

I have to say that "eating out" decisions are often driven by coupons, not healthy choices!
This discussion has been closed.