What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Going from 50% body fat to 35%. Progress!

Congratulations!!! That is amazing!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Go to a baseball game, the AAA affiliate of the SF Giants. Getting ready a bit early, and put on my Giants Jersey, and it is now a robe covering all of my butt and junk.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Hit the Goodwill once again. Size 14 jeans down from 22. I was a size 12 when I met my husband. I wonder if I'll get smaller than that!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    I noticed people noticing my workout.
  • heathergetshealthier
    heathergetshealthier Posts: 28 Member
    Went shopping today for some evening clothes for a night out on the town. Took a bunch to the changeroom, only to realize that I was a size smaller than before. Had to find a bunch of new clothes to try on. AND the dress I did buy...is still a little too big. A happy problem!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Had a team lunch then a team building afternoon today. Normally this would lead to a massive blow out, but today I managed it pretty well. I checked out the menu in advance and knew what I would have for lunch before I arrived. I also brought all the food to sustain us through the afternoon session. I baked a cake and some cheese scones (and knew I could have a piece of each within kj budget) and also brought plain popcorn and carrots/celery/hummus for everyone so I could snack away without the guilt and we'd all have healthy options. I have lots of left over baking, but I'm going to freeze it when I get home so I can't binge on it. Felt really in control and pleased with how I managed today without feeling like I was missing out.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    I can now swim a kilometre without getting out of puff, and I was previously so unfit I could barely swim a length! Progress...
    Nice work. Getting fit for swimming is (in my opinion) a level or two above walking or running!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Today I looked in the mirror and for the very first time I noticed calf definition if I flex the muscle, and only then. You know that stripe/shadow that goes from the ankle to the top and seems to separate the muscle from the bone. I honestly cannot remember ever having had that definition in my calves before.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    39% body fat before Xmas
    24% today :)
  • topathemorning
    topathemorning Posts: 346 Member
    I could swim non stop for 45 minutes. Three months ago, I was winded after 15 minutes. Can't wait to say,"Adios" to asthmatic symptons!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    edited July 2015
    I've gone from this:
    i5oq7p6npbnr.jpg

To this:

q5ti2o8imcg4.jpg

For the last couple of months, I've been getting up at 4am. Getting to the gym at 4 30, Busting my butt for an hour lifting progressively heavier weights. Then showering and going to work. I start work at 6am.
    This is every second day. Phew exhausting but omfg!!!! Look! Awesome progress!!!!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Today I looked in the mirror and for the very first time I noticed calf definition if I flex the muscle, and only then. You know that stripe/shadow that goes from the ankle to the top and seems to separate the muscle from the bone. I honestly cannot remember ever having had that definition in my calves before.

I spotted mine the other day! Isn't it awesome??? Congratulations
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Climbed 11 flights of stairs in work yesterday. Only because the fire alarm test disables the lifts and I was late back from my break
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    I got married almost a year ago in a size 22W. I'm MOH for my sister and my dress is a size 14!

And two people noticed I've lost weight and commented on a positive way.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I was diagnosed with Arthritis in my knee, which has been very painful and impacted my ability to work our. A cortisone shot last week and a referral to pt from my orthopedist, but my NSV is that I started doing Aqua rehab last week and it's already made a difference in how I feel.

I start pt today twice a week, but I'm doing water rehab three times a week.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    My smart work trousers are dragging on the floor because they sit lower on my hips, and I just threw away a chocolate bar after one bite because I wasn't enjoying it as much as I thought I would.
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2015
    I feel like the ball is finally rolling, you know what I mean? I've seen some results, other people have noticed results (don't lie, everyone looks forward to this) I've lost a fair bit of weight, gotten into a good groove, improved eating habits are now actually habits, won the battle with sodium, etc.

At my weigh ins I'm not holding my breath thinking "is it working??"
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    3 weeks of 4:30 a.m. workouts!!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Today I did a full set of squats at 135, full set of deadlift at 170!
  • gabriele01
    gabriele01 Posts: 25 Member
    I have several NSV's

- Fasting sugar levels down from ~ 155 to ~ 95 each morning for the last 4 weeks
    - BMI down 42 to 37 in just 44 days (still a long way to go, but making HUGE progress)
    - I can easily do my 3 laps (total ~ 5K) around the neighborhood each night without having to stop for a break. Used to get winded after just half a lap
    - My coworkers are telling me I need to buy new clothes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!