Calorie dense food that WON'T make me feel full

Options

Replies

• jtboner
    jtboner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Looked at the last few days. Doesn't look like you are weighing your food with a digital scale, so it's possible you are already eating more than you think. I also think you could include full fat dairy as well as butter, olive oil, mayo, etc and easily get some extra calories for not too much density. Or just go with bacon and ice cream.

I would change your goal to 0.5 lbs/week as you are running a big deficit already and soon enough you should be thinking about maintenance not losing.

Yeah, maybe it's time for a change, I also measure good by volume because my scale requires a minimum weight of 2lbs,I used to be lactose intolerant, trying to keep my dairy under control but I'll try full l fat dairy
  • jtboner
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    jtboner wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    It looks like you eat a fair bit of veggies. And possibly soups or broths? That all can be pretty filling but still low calorie. So you are getting full on that stuff. Your weight goal is reasonable at your height. I'd change your weight loss rate goal to .5 pounds and then eat something yummy like ice cream.

Yeah, that comes from my Chinese culture :P one problem.... I just sweet my goal weight loss to half a pound and now I have to eat even more calories....

That's why I suggested something like ice cream. Plenty of calories but not really filling. You don't have to eat all veggies and lean protein and other foods that are traditionally thought of as "healthy." Your diet overall looks plenty healthy. Splurge a bit.

Splurge... That sounds pleasant :blush: I'll try some ice cream mochi I have in my freezer, thanks!
  • jtboner
    Options

Oh man, that is awesome, sad thing, im canadian... amazon.com doesn't really ship to canada... amazon.ca does... :'( needa go to america
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you have been lactose intolerant in the past, try Kefir or the yogurts to see if you digest them better.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Are you cooking all these foods yourself and are you using the recipe builder, or are you just picking entries from the database that sound like what you ate? Are you weighing everything with a food scale? I don't believe that your diary is entirely accurate.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    We have a special snowflake Texan on our hands.
    Hey, being three standard deviations from the mean in height is pretty dang special. I don't think a snowflake would survive here for very long right now, though.

• kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hard to hit 1200cal omg that's a very low cal intake to begin with!! Have a bowl of icecream with topping lol you could nearly get 1200 in a bowl alone lol

LOL.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I have digestive issues at times and I can't eat much food (volume) without pain. I tend to replace some fresh fruits and veggies with juice or dried fruit, and add extra oil in cooking and for sauces and dressings.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    OP, what's your goal weight?
    I would suggest crisps (potato chips) for something that's calorie dense but not filling. And maybe oily fish, like salmon?
  • Neversettle78
    Neversettle78 Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Oh man, that is awesome, sad thing, im canadian... amazon.com doesn't really ship to canada... amazon.ca does... :'( needa go to america

Then look for a scale on Amazon.ca.....or go to Canadian Tire, or Walmart, etc.
    Also, as you have been replying it seems that your main complaint is simply how to avoid the feeling of fullness.....is that all this is about? I really don't see how it is possible, or why feeling full is such a problem for you. I am confused.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Actually, amazon.com DOES ship to Canada.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    For me, that would be carbs, like a bowl of rice or pasta, a muffin. or fruit.
  • jtboner
    Options

Then look for a scale on Amazon.ca.....or go to Canadian Tire, or Walmart, etc.
    Also, as you have been replying it seems that your main complaint is simply how to avoid the feeling of fullness.....is that all this is about? I really don't see how it is possible, or why feeling full is such a problem for you. I am confused.

It wasn't just feeling full, it was look me feeling I ate a buffet every time I ate something. I don't mind helping full, but feeling super full every meal just made me not want to eat but I had to fill my calories requirements
  • jtboner
    Options
    Oh yeah, for all of you guys who suggested cookies.... THANK YOU, went to subway and got my favorite cookie, 1 cookie=200 calories :)
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Actually, amazon.com DOES ship to Canada.

Only a fraction of the items, though, and often you don't find out until checkout that 4 of the five things in your cart won't deliver. Frustrating as hell.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So sorry to derail-but according to your diary, OP, 2 days ago you ate 89 baby gold fish? Seriously?
  • jtboner
    Options
    So sorry to derail-but according to your diary, OP, 2 days ago you ate 89 baby gold fish? Seriously?

It's a traditional recipe, you put egg whites (or eggs) in a pie pan with baby fish in it, done people add green onions
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Sorry, are we talking about real baby gold fish? Like not the cheese crackers....?
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of baby gold fish.