I am aiming for 4lb a week loss! Is this realistic

Options

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know that you'll make your target by Thanksgiving, but I wouldn't stress it. As long as you're losing, even if it's slow, that's still progress. Your best bet is to go slow and focus on changing your eating habits, not just losing weight. Changing your eating habits will make sure you don't put the weight back on later. It's hard to do and slow, but once you establish new habits, you'll do much better in the long run. There's lots of ways to do it, you may need to try a few things to figure out what works best for you, but you can do it. ^_^
  • smallfries78
    smallfries78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No. Your body will go into starvation mode at that rate of eating/ exercising. Not healthy at all.
  • tinicia
    tinicia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    tinicia wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »
    xbted wrote: »
    If it were realistic, everyone else would be losing 4 pounds a week.

Everyone is different I lost 6lb last week and I always loose weight quickly. Last year I last 3 stone on 3 months with WW

So why are you here then?

Because I want to loose more before my holiday

Then why are you posting questions if you have everything all figured out? :huh:

I never said I had it all figured out, there's no need to be so rude I was just asking a question

Unfortunately, that's the nature of some people on here.

You can lose 4 lbs per week on a super low calorie diet... I can see the appeal in it if you're wanting to jump start your weight loss or you have only a few lbs to go until you reach your goal. But I wouldn't recommend doing it long-term. It's not worth risking your health for. :) Slow and steady wins the race.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the advise, and I know right feel like I've joined a school playground but I'm to grown to get into that, i joined this to get advise and support and also intending to do the same in return
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    No. Your body will go into starvation mode at that rate of eating/ exercising. Not healthy at all.

There is no such thing as starvation mode as mentioned 4 other times PREVIOUSLY in this thread.

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Everyone is different I lost 6lb last week and I always loose weight quickly. Last year I last 3 stone on 3 months with WW

Then why are you posting questions if you have everything all figured out? :huh:

I never said I had it all figured out, there's no need to be so rude I was just asking a question

Unfortunately, that's the nature of some people on here.

You can lose 4 lbs per week on a super low calorie diet... I can see the appeal in it if you're wanting to jump start your weight loss or you have only a few lbs to go until you reach your goal. But I wouldn't recommend doing it long-term. It's not worth risking your health for. :) Slow and steady wins the race.

I hope this helps!

Telling someone it's okay to lose 4 pounds a week, is never good ideal and you should be ashamed of yourself!!!

OP a pound week is a good healthy weight loss. Forget date setting, it never happens, just keep working at it and you will get to your goal. Good luck. :)
  • Camomilejane
    Camomilejane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to lose weight slowly and keep it off. Slowly but surely wins the race!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options

Heya, doesn't look like you have been on here long, just ignore people that post crap like this that isn't helpful or informative it will happen a lot. Probably just hangry hungry+angry, or just a rude to feel better, it's easy to be a jerk when you can hide behind the internet. It's better not to feed them with replies.

The others that are telling you it isn't healthy or realistic are correct, slow and steady wins the race.

post-18879-Jon-Hamm-Yeah-Ok-gif-1dnC.gif

watch this.......................see what I did there? Ok I'll show you just one more time..............

What are you on about?

Why do you ask? legitimate curiosity? or are you angling for a verbal spar for some reason? Gotta ask cause I can never tell these days.

• caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My dear, eating that little food will damage your health in the long run. Going into starvation mode drops a few pounds quickly and then your meatabolism turns off and you need FEWER calories to maintain your current weight and even gain when you start eating again. I eat around 1900 daily and am losing through eating for life and exercise.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    If you have 200+ lbs to lose, 4 lbs/week should be doable. Otherwise follow this:
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

oh good for me to know. thanks
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Hi guys

I'm aiming for a 4lb a week weight loss and trying to stick to approx 800 kcal a day but I do have the occasional treat :D do you think 4lb a week is realistic? I'm mostly living off fish and veg, fruit and go yoghurt bars any suggestions of fish/sea food recipes would be much helpful.

Thanks for reading x
    My advice to you would be this:
    Set your goal for 1lb a week, and work your *kitten* off as if you want 4lb week loss.
    If you lose 1lb a week, that your on goal and you can be proud of yourself.
    If you lose 4lb a week, then you can gloat all you want to.
    You can accomplishing this, by eating 1500 calories as a base, then burn/work out as much or as little as you need to reach your goals.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I dont know why everyone here is being so pessimistic about it.It's very much possible...BUT ON A HIGH CALORIE DIET.

sounds contradictory ??? read along

well, I just lost around 2 kgs this july on a 2100 calorie a day diet..
    The thing to keep in mind is you should NEVER go below 1200 cals as someone has already pointed it. You need to lose it MAINLY by creating a deficit through EXERCISE.

Eat a 200 cals above your maintainence and do cario/ HIIT/ weight training to create a 700 deficit.
    I had posted my weight loss program of how I lost 2 kg in a month but many people tagged it too drastic and shut it down...Which is the same wave of emotion i'm seeing here..Please losers!!!! if you can't do it doesn't mean you should be pulling others down as well

orly.gif
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I dont know why everyone here is being so pessimistic about it.It's very much possible...BUT ON A HIGH CALORIE DIET.

The thing to keep in mind is you should NEVER go below 1200 cals as someone has already pointed it. You need to lose it MAINLY by creating a deficit through EXERCISE.

Eat a 200 cals above your maintainence and do cario/ HIIT/ weight training to create a 700 deficit.
    I had posted my weight loss program of how I lost 2 kg in a month but many people tagged it too drastic and shut it down...Which is the same wave of emotion i'm seeing here..Please losers!!!! if you can't do it doesn't mean you should be pulling others down as well

No.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

facepalm_zpsnbk1ec8m.gif

One method isn't going to work for everyone. You're saying that calorie deficit is created by just exercising more? Yes, that does work, but it's not practical for everyone. You can create that same deficit by just eating less. How you create the deficit DOES NOT MATTER. Not everyone can hit the ground running on a serious exercise and weight lifting plan. I sure as hell couldn't! I still can't, to be honest. Yet I'm losing weight just fine and looking more like myself than I have in years. So you lost weight doing your plan? That's great for you, but don't be calling us losers for not being able to or not wanting to follow what you did. Everyone is different, so everyone has a different method to lose weight. It's a lot of different paths to the same goal; one path isn't more valid than any other just because you're on it.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Heya, doesn't look like you have been on here long, just ignore people that post crap like this that isn't helpful or informative it will happen a lot. Probably just hangry hungry+angry, or just a rude to feel better, it's easy to be a jerk when you can hide behind the internet. It's better not to feed them with replies.

The others that are telling you it isn't healthy or realistic are correct, slow and steady wins the race.

post-18879-Jon-Hamm-Yeah-Ok-gif-1dnC.gif

watch this.......................see what I did there? Ok I'll show you just one more time..............

What are you on about?

Why do you ask? legitimate curiosity? or are you angling for a verbal spar for some reason? Gotta ask cause I can never tell these days.

I mean what's your point. Obviously.

If I have to ask then it's not obvious, it was a legit question since I don't know if you were really curious or just someone trying to be an A-hole. This is the internet after all and I can't tell the tone you are coming off with.......well until you said "obviously" so now I know where you are coming from and to answer your question.....................................

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Oh lawd.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

enough...
    d69.gif
This discussion has been closed.