Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Kexessa wrote: »

@Lady_Lyrico I like how you call it a 'swimming costume'! In the States we call it a bathing suit or swim suit. Swimming costume sounds much more refined somehow. :smile:

I realised after I posted that it might have sounded strange calling it a costume. Actually, @Kexessa, I always thought 'bathing suit' sounded quite refined! :smile:
    Anyway, update on the swim suit situation: there was only one suit in my size, and it had a plunging neckline. When I tried it on it was clear that I wouldn't be able to stay in it if I wore it for Aquafit. Luckily, my current suit is now dry after Monday's swim, so I can wear that. I will have to look online for some in my size.

Mini-rant: I know I am large, but I am working on getting smaller. It really annoys me that workout clothes not also readily available for larger women! I am a UK size 22, and the largest workout gear I have found recently is a size 18. So I am resigned to wearing men's XXL shirts and 1 pair of leggings that I found in a size 20 a couple of years ago. A little bit of encouragement from manufacturers would be so helpful in letting me feel I am dressed like all the other people working out [end rant].

How about this place:

http://www.stateofmindactive.com/

It's in the UK with shipping. I don't know how your money converts though so I don't know if that is considered expensive or not.

This place seems to be less expensive:

http://www.curvissa.co.uk/fashion/sportswear/_/N-1iZ1z141u3
  • Lady_Lyrico
    Lady_Lyrico Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh, my goodness, @Kexessa, how have I never heard of these sites before? Thank you so much - I'm off to see what I can order.
  • skahtboi
    skahtboi Posts: 7,804 Member
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »
    I feel like I am the only person in the world who has Never Taken a Selfie.

Don't. There are others. I only draw selfies.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Less than three days until green flag for our race... and last night the engine was still hanging on the engine stand :cry: Well... It's back in the car now. Hopefully some of the race team will come on out to finish up those piddly bits, like installing the fire extinguisher system, and you know... brakes.

I've stopped caring about anything except getting the car finished. And possibly sleep.

@Lady_Lyrico - that would make me feel crazy. Everyone wants to feel like they're wearing something nice, even if it's for working out in. I don't want to work out in a dude's t-shirt either (I don't like jersey material for when I'm getting all hot and sweaty. Gross!). Hopefully you can find something better on some of those other sites :)
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh, my goodness, @Kexessa, how have I never heard of these sites before? Thank you so much - I'm off to see what I can order.

I hope you can find some great items and stuff that gives you confidence :)

• summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @summerkissed wombat! Cool! So you must also hail from Down Under. I'm in Sydney. I only have one cat and one girl-child. Some time ago, when I was living in Brazil for a few years I was the resident crazy cat lady and at one point had 12 cats living under the same roof as I. It was heavenly :). Two dogs too. But cats are my babies.

Did you compete in bikini comp? My PT used to some years ago and won stuff in Europe

I actually did figure for 2 years got a few 2nd and 3rd places but I'm just not built for big muscle building they wouldn't put me in bikini because I was too lean. Yes I'm a Tassie girl :) couldn't live without my fur babies yes Daisy Duke the wombat is very cute and crazy lol she's about 7 months old now.
  • summerkissed
    Options
    hi my names lil and im an alcoholic.... oh wait wrong therapy group....

Lol I log all my beers! In fact Saturday's is all meat and beer day (carbs) hahahaha
  • summerkissed
    Options
    @summerkissed wombat! Cool! So you must also hail from Down Under. I'm in Sydney. I only have one cat and one girl-child. Some time ago, when I was living in Brazil for a few years I was the resident crazy cat lady and at one point had 12 cats living under the same roof as I. It was heavenly :). Two dogs too. But cats are my babies.

Did you compete in bikini comp? My PT used to some years ago and won stuff in Europe

That'll be me one day, I'm sure of it. I already have 3!

The crazy critter ladies haha we have no trouble with people coming into our yard the dogs round up the visitor and the goat head butts them lol and once the wombat gets older she will bowl them over
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Kexessa wrote: »
    For me, the narcissus in me likes to know if other people think I'm attractive or not. Is that a symptom of a deeper problem about my self esteem? Very possibly. Just being honest

Maybe not. My son is narcissistic and has no problem admitting it. He has no problems with self esteem either. His is through the roof. And your photo makes me think of Rick Rossovich.

At least this thread is interesting. The "Would you ..... person below you" threads are incredibly boring.

@Lady_Lyrico I like how you call it a 'swimming costume'! In the States we call it a bathing suit or swim suit. Swimming costume sounds much more refined somehow. :smile:

hahaha a swimming costume, yes, sounds very tolstoy-ish
  • riirii93_
    Options
    why must pizza be so delicious WHYYYY

I could go for some neapolitan pizza right now.. or some lou malnati's deep dish. oh pizza , you so evillll.
  • riirii93_
    Options
    Can confirm, I am love handles

fuhhhh lolll rEP'D
  • riirii93_
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »
    I feel like I am the only person in the world who has Never Taken a Selfie.

:o maybe you should try!
  • riirii93_
    Options
    I rather enjoy tacos.

Ni hablar de tacos! don't get me started on tacos.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    riirii93_ wrote: »
    why must pizza be so delicious WHYYYY

I could go for some neapolitan pizza right now.. or some lou malnati's deep dish. oh pizza , you so evillll.

Pizza is delicious because it's well pizza..those mutant turtles love it
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I rather enjoy tacos.

I love tacos too. And nachos. I make killer nachos. But I don't like guacamole.
  • CJsoon
    CJsoon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    riirii93_ wrote: »
    andympanda wrote: »
    Only reason I am reading this (or most chit chat threads) is by reading this stiff, I am not looking though the fridge or pantry for food to binge on. Stay strong everyone.

drink a lot of water and stay away from the kitchen! it'll help you not binge at night. that's my weakness too

I definitely try the water thing though the kitchen is so close
  • handyrunner
    Options
    I rather enjoy tacos.

I love tacos too. And nachos. I make killer nachos. But I don't like guacamole.

Hmm I like gauc but not a fan of avocados
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    Do you take your phone to the gym????

I don't. I did a couple of times when I started my PT training to make sure I filmed the correct technique (ened up with like, 2 videos only)

I have recently (slow on the uptake I know!) joined 1ns-Ta-Gram (so they don't delete my post) and note that there are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many pictures of people sweating on treadmills and pumping iron etc.

Question - how hard do you work out really if you have your phone with you and are taking selfies and posting to I G ??

The other day I saw a bloke on the cable thingy and he was having a grand old chat on his mobile while he pulled the cable with one arm with no effort whatsoever.

The point? Can anyone tell me what it is?
  • handyrunner
    Options
    When I work out I might get on it during my rests but certainly not during
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    and I no longer have a workout buddy/gym mate :( boohoo. My friend moved to another state :(