Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I think MFP needs to get some old school AOL type chatrooms set up. lol That would be awesome.
  • Nevertoold2015
    Nevertoold2015 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    riirii93_ wrote: »
    I guess I'll stop in and say hi. I'm Brittny. I'm from a small town in Illinois. I get asked a lot what my user name means because it just looks like a bunch of mumbo jumbo. hahaha It's a combination of my maiden last name and my married name. I have 3 boys and now 3 dogs. Just adopted a puppy yesterday. :)

I know your small town!

It's not a small town anymore.... How long has it been since you have been around here? And tell me about your dogs.. What kind are they

I think she meant where I am currently living, is a small town. My oldest dog is a Bloodhound named Tilly, then there is Pepper, she is a beagle/chihuahua mix, and we just adopted a boxer mix puppy yesterday
    I get confused on who's answering what sometimes I had a boxer about 20 years ago and I had a yellow lab and I currently have a white English bulldog

• Nevertoold2015
    Options
    I guess I'll stop in and say hi. I'm Brittny. I'm from a small town in Illinois. I get asked a lot what my user name means because it just looks like a bunch of mumbo jumbo. hahaha It's a combination of my maiden last name and my married name. I have 3 boys and now 3 dogs. Just adopted a puppy yesterday. :)

I know your small town!

Ok I'm confused..you know who's small town...

• That1Chick_Brit
    Options

I know your small town!

It's not a small town anymore.... How long has it been since you have been around here? And tell me about your dogs.. What kind are they

I think she meant where I am currently living, is a small town. My oldest dog is a Bloodhound named Tilly, then there is Pepper, she is a beagle/chihuahua mix, and we just adopted a boxer mix puppy yesterday
    I get confused on who's answering what sometimes I had a boxer about 20 years ago and I had a yellow lab and I currently have a white English bulldog
    lol its cool! This will be my first boxer, who is quite possibly mixed with lab. I looked up what they call a boxador, and it looks just like my puppy. I love bull dogs that are adorable. Well, who am I kidding I am a sucker for all dogs. hahaha
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    alpha_515 wrote: »
    Well part of me is, it's only a small part of my personality but it's still there. No was never in the military.

That's really funny because from what I have read most narcissistic people won't admit they are a narcissist.

Even passive aggressive for that reason.

Yep and they're never wrong either. It's everyone's fault, everyone is the problem.

I've dumped a couple of woman on that note, hate passive-aggressive beahviour. It's not my job to fix anyone, if they cannot communicate in a sweet and loving way.But, rather resort to mind games and silent treatment.
    Gotta watch the manipulation in a relationship and keep it in check. Some girls are psycho!
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options
    Ok well I guess I'll jump in here.... My name is Emma.... I grew up on the south side of Chicago... I've been married for 33 years. I have to grown and married children. I have lived in the south suburbs of Chicago for 23 years now. I'm trying to lose 50 pounds... And I'll be honest I hate to exercise.... I'm trying to get motivated by listening to other people's stories and hope to learn from a of you....

Hello Emma! My dad was born and raised in Chicago. I grew up in Sauk Village. Terrible town now, but it was decent when I was a kid.

Where is Salk Village about... I live in Frankfort...

Its East of Frankfort. Just off of 394 and Sauk trail. Some surrounding town are like Chicago heights, steger, Lynwood, crete[/quote

I know all those towns... Your dad lived there ?

• tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »
    Hey guys, even though I doubt (no offense) this thread is going to go anywhere I'm willing to put in my bit.

It's going places :D
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options
    Well I'm glad I found this chat room... Looking forward to talking to you all again. Time to go to bed ... Good night all
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Well part of me is, it's only a small part of my personality but it's still there. No was never in the military.

That's really funny because from what I have read most narcissistic people won't admit they are a narcissist.

Even passive aggressive for that reason.

Yep and they're never wrong either. It's everyone's fault, everyone is the problem.

I've dumped a couple of woman on that note, hate passive-aggressive beahviour. It's not my job to fix anyone, if they cannot communicate in a sweet and loving way.But, rather resort to mind games and silent treatment.
    Gotta watch the manipulation in a relationship and keep it in check. Some girls are psycho!

Sorry to budge in but I'm with you 100% it's probabaly the reason I'm not in a relationship. Most of the women I've been with we're pretty sh!tty towards me in the utmost subtle ways, then when I react I'm the one that looks like a dick. I'm a sucka though for some reason I keep letting the same women back into my life, even though she usually comes with her hands tied (got another man) I keep telling myself she's cheating with me cuz I'm special to her and she can't let me go when in reality me and the other dude are probably both getting the same ole line :/ sorry I had to vent.
  • That1Chick_Brit
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ok well I guess I'll jump in here.... My name is Emma.... I grew up on the south side of Chicago... I've been married for 33 years. I have to grown and married children. I have lived in the south suburbs of Chicago for 23 years now. I'm trying to lose 50 pounds... And I'll be honest I hate to exercise.... I'm trying to get motivated by listening to other people's stories and hope to learn from a of you....

Hello Emma! My dad was born and raised in Chicago. I grew up in Sauk Village. Terrible town now, but it was decent when I was a kid.

Where is Salk Village about... I live in Frankfort...

Its East of Frankfort. Just off of 394 and Sauk trail. Some surrounding town are like Chicago heights, steger, Lynwood, crete[/quote

I know all those towns... Your dad lived there ?

My dad grew up in chicago. He graduated from C.V.S. He live in the city from a child to his 20's I believe. He raised all his children including me in Sauk Village.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    There's a bat outside my window right now. Just heard it do that weird hissing sound. It actually lives in the window's oldschool cover thingy that has no purpose besides looks.
    Yikes...creepy! Unless it turns into Batman. Then it's not so creepy.
  • freak4iron
    Options
    There's a bat outside my window right now. Just heard it do that weird hissing sound. It actually lives in the window's oldschool cover thingy that has no purpose besides looks.

Sweet! Don't usually see bats just chilling! I went camping in this huge cave system up here one year and every where we went there were 100's of bats sleeping in groups hanging upside down from the ceiling.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Options

Sweet! Don't usually see bats just chilling! I went camping in this huge cave system up here one year and every where we went there were 100's of bats sleeping in groups hanging upside down from the ceiling.
    Is seeing bats "usual"? I think I've only ever saw one once...and I'm still not convinced it wasn't just a bird.
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options

There's been lots of animals in my yard lately. I guess we have a spider infestation too.... I'm ok with it though, because they dont fly and buzz around. They catch those punks and dispose of them for me lol. And the 3 bats in my backyard/window area catch the mosquitos. It's like I have an animal relationship with them. Whats it called, mutualistic? Symbitoic? Idk lol
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options

Good luck Emma! :)

Thank you..like I said looking to find how everyone else's got their motivation and where a lazy person starts when it comes to exercise..calories I can count... Going to the gym yikes lol

My motivation is usually me not liking myself in a way hahah. Like, I want to be better, I'm never satisfied with results. Kinda bad though, because if I have a bad day at the gym, i have a verrrry bad day hahahaha
    hey at least you at the gym... Points for that

• LDavidButler
    LDavidButler Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I too travel a lot. Been in the military for some time. Seen a chunk of the world and made lots of friends everywhere. Currently in Ohio... Lame! Probably be here for the rest of my life unless 1: I win the lotto and can buy an island or more realistically 2: land me a nice paying job and relocate somewhere out west. Anyhow I'm on a 25 day streak. Trying to lose 50 pounds. I believe I can do it "this time". We'll see. By the way... I like this thread better than the game threads. Feel free to add me as a friend if you so choose.
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options

bats are awesome. they can eat like 500 mosquitos in an hour.

Could you send your bad to my back yard .. I have a million mosquitoes lol
  • freak4iron
    Options
    I think its usual to see em if you look for em. Up here if you look it the sky right before dusk you can see them darting around the sky.... They look like birds but they zig zag and they are fast as hell too! Your right I'd take bats over spiders any day! And anything that kills Mosquitos is cool in my book!
  • Crimson_Fire
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think its usual to see em if you look for em. Up here if you look it the sky right before dusk you can see them darting around the sky.... They look like birds but they zig zag and they are fast as hell too! Your right I'd take bats over spiders any day! And anything that kills Mosquitos is cool in my book!

If they kill skeeters, send em to Bama.

That just sounded really redneck didn't it?
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options

Yikes I hate spiders !!!