The Cleanse

Options

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    AND I personally know two people who cured their diabetes using herbalife & the nutribullet. They are both over 40 and never looked better. I know even more people without any diseases who have lost weight using these plans as well.

Point 1: Type 2 diabetes can be caused by obesity. Lose the weight and it can correct itself. Has nothing to do with Herbalife or Nutribullet. Those are just tools to help people lose weight.

Point 2: Unless you have scientific proof of these people being cured of diseases from doing cleanses, I'm going to have to say no. And pretty much everyone else here will as well.

Point 3: Your diet and how you eat is crucial to your health. No one is disagreeing with that! But by your logic, using a cleanse of putting random ingrediants into your body that have little to no nutrtional value and nothing else for however long means what? Anybody? Anybody? Buller? Yeah, you're putting *kitten* into you body, so you'll be getting *kitten* out of it. Literally.
  • kimmiebrito
    kimmiebrito Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If the sole purpose of it is to lose
    Fat sick & nearly dead
    Food inc
    Supersize me
    Forks over knives
    The gersom miracle
    You guys need to stop being ignorant, food is fuels our body.
    You put *kitten* into it you get *kitten* in return
    You overload your micronutrients -- it'll work wonders.
    That's why you hear of many people ridding of their diabetes by changing the way they eat.
    Your diet is crucial to how your body functions.
    I hear you but a cleanse is still not needed. Change of some habits is needed

If the sole purpose of it is to lose weight, it is not needed. It still does provide many benefits.. It was annoying me how people say it was a waste of money and does nothing, which is absolutely NOT true. I was addressing the people who said it does nothing for you. Remember, juicing isnt made up of processed food. It is made up of natural foods juiced, so that the body may absorb more of the nutrients. And juicing allows you to eat more fruit AND vegetables than you could if it was not in a liquid state, or in a single serving
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    AND I personally know two people who cured their diabetes using herbalife & the nutribullet. They are both over 40 and never looked better. I know even more people without any diseases who have lost weight using these plans as well.
    So it was the herbal life that cured the diabetes not the fact they probably started to eat less
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    If you eat one shake for breakfast one shake for lunch then a small dinner of course you will lose weight. Herbal life has nothing to do with the weight loss it's the fact they are eating less.
  • kimmiebrito
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

Point 1: Type 2 diabetes can be caused by obesity. Lose the weight and it can correct itself. Has nothing to do with Herbalife or Nutribullet. Those are just tools to help people lose weight.

Point 2: Unless you have scientific proof of these people being cured of diseases from doing cleanses, I'm going to have to say no. And pretty much everyone else here will as well.

Point 3: Your diet and how you eat is crucial to your health. No one is disagreeing with that! But by your logic, using a cleanse of putting random ingrediants into your body that have little to no nutrtional value and nothing else for however long means what? Anybody? Anybody? Buller? Yeah, you're putting *kitten* into you body, so you'll be getting *kitten* out of it. Literally.

1) "Tools to help people lose weight" is exactly what I meant. If you saw the original post, I was directing it at someone who said juicing has NO benefits whatsoever.
    2)The documentaries I provided have been backed up by A LOT of scientific proof. Watch them.
    3) Random ingredients with no nutritional value? Many fruits and vegetables are VERY high in micronutrients, IMO.
  • kimmiebrito
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you eat one shake for breakfast one shake for lunch then a small dinner of course you will lose weight. Herbal life has nothing to do with the weight loss it's the fact they are eating less.
    You could eat McDonalds, be in a caloric deficit, and lose weight -- that's not the point -- just eating less and losing weight doesn't mean that you are providing all of the necessary vitamins and minerals to your body to keep its organs running as efficiently as possible. And I'm not saying you NEED herbalife or nutribullet to be healthy. I don't even use them. What I'm saying is that they do provide more than "nothing." You don't need to juice everything; you can eat them whole and still be very healthy.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on a thread in ages. Oh how I missed these same old topics and mad OPs. <sarcasm> ca4hz2y07w8d.gif
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    If we plan out what we eat we can get the nutrients we need by eating food. You don't need to juice, you don't need anything sold by a coach or any other gimmick out there
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    Also you can choose not to juice at all and still be healthy.
  • kimmiebrito
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If we plan out what we eat we can get the nutrients we need by eating food. You don't need to juice, you don't need anything sold by a coach or any other gimmick out there
    I just said "you can eat them whole" lol, and All a nutribullet does is blend food lmao, YOU put the ingredients in, I don't see how that could be a gimmick.
  • kimmiebrito
    Options

I just said that.....
  • Therealobi1
    Options

I just said that.....

Ok good so we are both saying juicing is not necessary.
  • kimmiebrito
    Options

I just said that.....

Ok good so we are both saying juicing is not necessary.

Yes! It is just beneficial which is the point I was trying to get at from the start
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    I just said "you can eat them whole" lol, and All a nutribullet does is blend food lmao, YOU put the ingredients in, I don't see how that could be a gimmick.

Nutribullet is not the issue. It's this idea that people have about juicing and it's the way to kick start weightloss.
  • kimmiebrito
    Options

Nutribullet is not the issue. It's this idea that people have about juicing and it's the way to kick start weightloss.

Like I said, it is not necessary. It is just beneficial. Some people prefer to juice their fruits & veggies because you can absorb more nutrients when it is already in a liquid state. People here were saying "does nothing" which is absolutely not true. Veggies and fruits provide a lot of nutrients and minerals! And that's basically what a juice cleanse is lol

• Therealobi1
    Options
    The world cleanse is the problem. It fools people into thinking something special is happening when it's not. People can juice if they like but they are no better off than someone who eats the fruit whole. Also it's not something everyone can sustain for long periods
  • kimmiebrito
    Options
    The world cleanse is the problem. It fools people into thinking something special is happening when it's not. People can juice if they like but they are no better off than someone who eats the fruit whole. Also it's not something everyone can sustain for long periods

Actually, it's just a little better than eating it whole because you can absorb more of the nutrients than when it's in its solid state & also, when you juice the foods you can eat more in a single sitting. So it'd be easier to eat 1 Apple 3 cups of kale 1 banana & 2 cups of water in one drink than just to eat all of those foods whole at once.. Just has to do with convenience on that part.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Actually, it's just a little better than eating it whole because you can absorb more of the nutrients than when it's in its solid state & also, when you juice the foods you can eat more in a single sitting. So it'd be easier to eat 1 Apple 3 cups of kale 1 banana & 2 cups of water in one drink than just to eat all of those foods whole at once.. Just has to do with convenience on that part.
    No, no it's not better ...you cannot absorb more because it's in juice format from the same amount of ingredients...and why would you..

The body can only use so much protein, vitamins, minerals and the rest is excreted ...balance your diet with real food and you can meet nutritional targets easily

Juice if you prefer drinking your calories

But there are no magical qualities in liquefying food and for many that 250 calorie hit of juice would be far less satisfying than if taken as real food, chewed and digested
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Also the fact that hunger signals take a while to reach the brain...slowing done the process by chewing over gulping down in a juice format can actually aid the weight loss process

• Therealobi1
    Options

honestly your first line sounds like something the nutribullet sales person might have said.
    i think if people like to juice then juice but again dont expect anything special to happen.
    i cant see where convenience comes into it as you have to blend it and then wash out the blender. i could have just eaten the apple and the banana and wash it down with the water.