The Cleanse

Options
I'm thinking about doing a cleanse for a few days. What are the benefits? How does that work? And wouldnt I just gain the weight right back?

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    lorenswan wrote: »
    I'm thinking about doing a cleanse for a few days. What are the benefits? How does that work? And wouldnt I just gain the weight right back?

So this is why you're asking about side effects in the other thread? Wow. There's a sucker born every minute.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Benefits - none.
    How it works - takes your money - makes big promises it can't produce
    Gain the weight back - probably - if you even lose any at all

Waste of time and money. Completely useless. Your body cleanses itself.
  • lorenswan
    lorenswan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone saying "waste of money." I thought cleanses were
    just paprika, honey, lemon and water :confused:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

What does that do?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Because they do absolutely nothing for you.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Waste of time.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

no benefits.
    It does not work.
    yes, you will gain back the water weight that you lose.

Your body naturally detoxes itself through use of your liver and kidney functions.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

What does that do?

Many companies also sell cleanse products, which would be a waste of money. None, including the one you describe have any effect.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

What is it that you think these ingredients will do for you?

There are a gazillion different cleanses on the market...each promising the exact same thing...cleansing something or another.

• lorenswan
    lorenswan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Cleanses can help you loose weight,
    gain weight, stop caffeine addictions, fight intestinal bacterial overgrowth, identify allergies (add foods back in one at a time). Depends on the cleanse. But I didnt know people spent actual money on "buying a detox." Never heard of that.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Some cleanses want you to buy special things to do them, though it's usually the ones with a full diet plan with it that do that. Some are also harmful to your health. Either way, it's a waste of your time. Your body cleanses itself, unless you have a medical condition that prevents some of your organs from working. The only thing a cleanse will do for you is make you miserable and spend a LOT of time in the bathroom.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have tried the let my kidney and liver do their job cleanse. Works great!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I'm sure you can find an expensive "cleanse" product. They're not all do-it-yourself projects.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    gain weight, stop caffeine addictions, fight intestinal bacterial overgrowth, identify allergies (add foods back in one at a time). Depends on the cleanse. But I didnt know people spent actual money on "buying a detox." Never heard of that.

the only thing cleanses clean is your wallet.

cleanses have absolutely nothing to do with weight loss, for that you need a calorie deficit.

if you do a cleans and eat over TDEE what do you think is going to happen?
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

Where did you get this information from? Did any of it come from an official study done by people that have creditable credentials?

The ingredients that you listed on their own are not harmful. I doubt if you drank a cup of those ingredients that you would suffer and harm...unless...that is all you consumed for several days.

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

the only thing cleanses clean is your wallet.

cleanses have absolutely nothing to do with weight loss, for that you need a calorie deficit.

if you do a cleans and eat over TDEE what do you think is going to happen?

REALLY? This got locked??? How stupid. All they did was tell the truth.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Not exactly the new miracle solution you read about in magazines

http://www.webmd.com/diet/detox-diets?page=2
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    How to choose a cleanse or detox that's right for you!

Step One: Identify the results you wish you achieve. There are many different cleanses and detoxes out there today and they target different things. In order to choose the recipe that's right for you, you need to know what you're trying to achieve. For instance, if you suffer from heavy metal poisoning, then you may need to consult a doctor. If your liver or kidneys are no longer working at peak performance, then you may need to consult a doctor. If you want to rid your body of toxic build-up from pesticides, then you may want to consult a doctor.

Step Two: Research your condition to find out the best treatment for it. This may require a trip to the doctor so that you can have blood work done to identify what ails you. If you're pretty sure that you know your body better than medical professionals, then head on over to Google and Pinterest and start that search!

Step Three: No really, read through the resources on this site about detoxing/cleansing. Especially this link to get you started: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p8

Step Four: Profit?