WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    Zumba instructor on vacation :s so no Zumba, did machines and about 15 minutes on treadmill.
    Ohhh my they have a hydro massage table, with a small tv screen, you can read, listen to music , video's , I chose a nice ocean video so relaxing and the massage 10 minutes of bliss <3
    waiting on the contractors to show up, countertops going in and toe kicks getting installed, have a load of laundry in the wash and one in dryer..
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Joyce, IN - I've never heard of keeping pictures on file and renewing driver license by mail, but that would be very convenient.

Ina, welcome. We are a great support and encouragement group of ladies. You may want to consider getting up earlier and working out before going to work. It wakes me up and gets me going for the day. Hard to do once we are dragging after a long day at work. Again welcome, you've taken a good positive step in getting healthy.

Heather - you are so right, just realizing that I could hardly walk around for more than 15 minutes without needing to sit down for a while. A few months ago my 15 yr old granddaughter and I had gone shopping spending the majority of the day, she said grandma you couldn't have done this before (before weight loss). It has not affected only MY life, but those involved in my life. Not that I don't ever have cravings or eat mindlessly sometimes before I realize it. But I regain control much more quickly now. It's a powerful feeling. I will check out the book you refer to. I always have questions for you, what in the heck are "Hairy Bikers"? Lol

Alison Good luck on the Zumba, let us know how it goes. :)
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ What are Hairy Bikers? Googled and it looks like a BBC program.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    Zumba instructor on vacation :s so no Zumba, did machines and about 15 minutes on treadmill.
    Ohhh my they have a hydro massage table, with a small tv screen, you can read, listen to music , video's , I chose a nice ocean video so relaxing and the massage 10 minutes of bliss <3
    waiting on the contractors to show up, countertops going in and toe kicks getting installed, have a load of laundry in the wash and one in dryer..

What is a hydro massage table, sounds wonderful. Sorry no Zumba today. :)

• tonithewriter
    tonithewriter Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ina!

My weight is about the same, so I measured and found I have lost inches. And I was really tired last night but worked out anyway. Hoping I do better with the upcoming weekend with DH home.

Have a great day, ladies! Toni in MN

48hkktpaeadu.png
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    :) One of my line dance friends told me a few years ago when I lost all the weight, that I had "reinvented my life" and I use that phrase a lot. That is reward enough for me.

:) This is a friendly reminder that I'll be posting the new thread for August at bedtime tomorrow---early for some of you and late for others....I like starting each month as a clean slate with a new thread.....I have assessed my resolutions for July and have made a new list for August.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif Breakfast finished, next job is dog walking.

smiley-happy093.gifBarbie from NW Washington
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Still a little crazy, but making progress. Here's the restaurant before and afters... owners are coming in today, so on my way up to get last bits and pieces that are accomplishable done. Forty-page report out this morning... :hushed: Taking the weekend off, I promised myself, so I can spend it with my DD/DSiL and the grands. Later, my chickens....

o3udbsiz3v6n.jpg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    csofled, beautiful afghan, looks so comfy. Please remind me again what your name is!!!!
    Joyce, Indiana

Thank you Joyce.
    My name is Cheri aka csofled and I currently reside in NE Ohio.
    C-Cheri
    sof-Soforenko (maiden name)
    led-Lederman (married name)

Used to live in Indiana for 8 years in Carmel. Where are you located?

Have a great Thursday everyone! :)

Cheri
  • grandmallie
    Options
    and Cheri used to live in my hometown~
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,057 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Cheri love your color choices and it turned out beautiful.

Joyce we did not have as much as you are planning to have painted plus we bought the paint. Good outdoor paint is 50 -60 dollars a gallon. As you are finding out it is the labor that is so expensive, so we do not skimp on material. Also find out how they do their prep work. If they do that sanding method like they did on ours it did provide a smooth base to paint. They have to open the windows to do this, and it did create fine dust inside our home. Again I would have put sheets down had I known.

As Michele said so well MEN! Sometimes they are too stubborn for their own good. The problem of waiting to do this maintenance is that you are more apt to get wood rot and that cost even more to fix. I am the one who fixes the wood rot and paints the lower story on our home. We had a window with wood rot and had a quote of $500 to fix that. It was on our built in AC, so it wasn't even a window. At $500 you are getting into the cost of a window replacement. It was on the lower story so I fixed it for about $30 in materials.

Lisa pictures say it all. Great job!

:heart: MNMargaret
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Cheri - beautiful afghan!! It looks so warm and cozy

Up and at it this morning. DGD coming early ..... later everyone.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Michele, you are so true on ordering out in a restaurant. “ sometimes they think "light" means 1/4 pound versus the 1/2 pound they usually use”. LOL

Rori, I resisted getting a smart phone for years. I finally broke down and got one a couple of years ago and I’m still learning things I can do with it. My favorite is still that I can talk and let it type on emails and IMs. You enjoy yours. mobile.gif

Lillian, you and that pea shellin’ 2 yr old have fun together.

G, I would not only be tired if I did 69 minutes of workout videos but I’d probably be passed out. Good for you! And keep up the good work.

Joyce, you may need to remind Charlie that each generation is living longer than the one’s before, so he might be around past 70. These men that don’t want to pay for maintenance. I always laughed when I was a Realtor, at the people that wouldn’t fix things to enjoy while they lived in their house, but would fork out big bucks to get it ready to sell. Go figure. I hope the treatments go well and Charlie gets faster than normal results. It is ashamed that men can’t just have a good cry to get things off their chest rather than having to get it out in anger. bash.gif

Iemchico14, are you new here? Welcome to a great place for support and information. We have lovely ladies from all experience levels and all over the world. Please tell us a bit about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with a name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. Come often and join right in. (Later) Oh, hi Ina.

Allison, I hope you have fun at Zumba. It is such fun but too much hip action for this back of mine. How exciting to get the countertops in. That will really bring things together. (later) Sorry about your Zumba class but there is always next time.

Heather, I go in spurts doing my face exercises and it always reminds me of my mother. She used to make the funniest faces and sometimes noises to go with them. We’d always laugh and it’s such a happy memory. Who are these Hairy Bikers that you are cooking?? Is that legal in the UK? smiley-char025.gif I have to say, that doesn’t sound so appetizing with all that hair. I want you to know that I am so proud of you, too. Especially for your writing. You and others have been such an inspiration. I do find, every day that there are things about being smaller that I never expected. This journey has been so wonderful and I owe much of my success to you lovely ladies.

Toni, congrats on the lost inches!!! I like your sign. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa, good for you taking off a couple of days to spend with your family. The before and after pics say it all. What a great job!!!

MNMargaret
    , what did you do to repair the wood rot? Did you replace boards? I’m impressed.

welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I slept a bit better last night. Did finally give up and take a sleeping pill. Then got up early this morning so getting a bit of a jump on my day. It’s a few degrees cooler than it’s been but no less humid. I hope each of you has a happy and healthy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I totally blew Wednesday. Went to a reception for an exhibit I'm writing about and there was this table with six or eight kinds of cheese, and a couple kinds of pate ...
  • grandmallie
    Options
    well countertops look outstanding, except one piece is not quite right, so took a picture, of it and the template and will go over to Lowes.. and have a chat.. did send the picture to contractor,
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Fiddle - thanks for the recipe! I just bought some soy crumbles, so may try it w that. I'll prolly start w a somewhat smaller vat.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    Finally a good day today!! A lot of running around but that's okay, didn't overeat. And got a good walk in. DGD here for a bit and she will be back tomorrow while her dad cuts hay.

Night everyone..... tomorrow we will see how many peas an almost 2 year old can shell. She loves peas!!

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan

When my DD was about 3, we were helping my mother shell peas, when DD said, "you know, I don't think I was put on this earth to peel peas." I will never forget that as long as I live. We still make jokes about "peeling" peas. And yes, she still buys her peas at the grocery store already shelled!

Hope you have another good day today. One day at a time!
  • tuliplor
    tuliplor Posts: 51 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good morning friends!!! Got on the scale...I've lost 9 pounds since July 1st. I leave for Disney on July 9th. I have really changed my eating habits during the last month. You all have been a BIG help, with encouragement and ideas!! Thanks to every one of you for your helpfulness!!! :)
    Lori :)
  • cd_va
    cd_va Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies!

iemchico14 Welcome! Glad you joined the group.

tonithewriter Congrats on inches lost! wtg!!!

lhannon062709 Keep up the great work, and hang in there!

csofled Congratulations on finishing the afghan. It’s lovely. What an accomplishment!

DamitJanit Glad you got some sleep, finally.

JanetMMcC It was one event. You enjoyed yourself, I’m sure, and today’s another day. Don’t stress!!

tuliplor Big congrats on your big loss!!!

I thought I had posted an update and some congrats yesterday but, for the life of me, I can’t find it. Probably got flung off into the ether somewhere. Oh, well.

Thinking about goals for August, my first full month back. Just curious--how will I find the new thread for August?
    Have a healthy and terrific Thursday!

Colleen in Virginia
  • peachstategal
    Options
    Wow! What a difference elbow grease makes, Lisa.

Margaret, the guy that painted our porch put down a paint type stain on the floor without sanding. It has all come up and now I face the problem of being able to get ride of the peeling paint so I can redo it. Ugh!

Fighting ants in the kitchen. This is a yearly thing here for some reason. Spayed them with Windex yesterday. Today am cleaning counters and they spraying with a bug spray.

Carol in GA
  • peachstategal
    Options
    I need to read my posts. So many typos.