Options
13»

Replies

• umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    I can't believe no one has even mentioned the fact that if you eat a more suitable/substantial breakfast you'll be less hungry at lunch time and will be satisfied with fewer calories. Try having 300-400 calories for breakfast and see what a difference it makes. (Provided it includes protein, fiber & fat)

Probably because it's a myth. If I eat breakfast I am 10x hungrier by lunch than if I don't. Happens regardless of it is. Not everyone's appetite works the same.

I would guess that its a carby breakfast that leaves you famished by lunch. Eating 400c of fat/protein for breakfast and no carbs holds a person longer.

• levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I like a morningstar farms burger on a light english muffin with cheese and ketchup. 275 calories and great protein. It's similar to a sausage biscuit. And no, not a vegetarian, I just like them.
  • charleneb83
    charleneb83 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »
    I like a morningstar farms burger on a light english muffin with cheese and ketchup. 275 calories and great protein. It's similar to a sausage biscuit. And no, not a vegetarian, I just like them.
    You should try with some sriracha if you like a little bit of a kick. Works really well with morningstars "sausage" patties
  • bingo_jenn
    bingo_jenn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I make what my co-workers lovingly call my "Breakfast Salad". Egg whites and usually some protein from the night before (chicken/turkey/pork), and I mix it up with spinach/kale, onion, tomato, celery, peppers, squash... pretty much any kind of veggie I can get my hands on. I like to sometimes mix in some dry kale krunch and I always add a dash of Sriracha :smile: Lotts of protein & fiber and yummy. Very filling! I used to do Greek Yogurt with fresh fruit and raw buckwheat in the morning but I'd be hungry like an hour later.

I LOVE BREAKFAST SALAD!!

I even have a song that goes with it. My co-workers think I'm weird.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has even mentioned the fact that if you eat a more suitable/substantial breakfast you'll be less hungry at lunch time and will be satisfied with fewer calories. Try having 300-400 calories for breakfast and see what a difference it makes. (Provided it includes protein, fiber & fat)

Probably because it's a myth. If I eat breakfast I am 10x hungrier by lunch than if I don't. Happens regardless of it is. Not everyone's appetite works the same.

Is this an egg-based breakfast or a cereal breakfast?

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options

@kirzz92 - you've received many good ideas for 200 calorie breakfasts, but have you tried this ^ ?
  • bg1963
    bg1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    2 boiled eggs. Smoked Salmon maybe, Avocado and spinnach smoothie

• Jnascott
    Jnascott Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs and a piece of fruit.
  • Karmyeboo
    Karmyeboo Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I agree,eating breakfast makes me more hungry and it's NOT full of carbs, I eat Greek yoghurt with fruits honey and chia seeds
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Blueberry Vitatop with 50 cals of fruit and coffee
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how people do this. My breakfasts are either 600-700 or don't exist (I just wait til lunch). Just a little bit of food tends to pi$$ me off. But I might try some of these ideas, interesting.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Protein waffle with Walden Farms syrup and Canadian bacon
  • Lorraine6015
    Lorraine6015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard the saying "Feast like a king for breakfast, Dine like a prince for lunch, and piece like a pauper for dinner"? I've never been a breakfast person, but if it's healthier for me to do so I think I'd be willing to give it a try.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    There's lots of options avalaible for 200 calories.
    - 1 cup of either 2% or 0% Fage greek yogurt with berries mixed in
    - Chia seed pudding made with almond milk and stevia
    - Overnight oats (recipies of all sorts all over the web)
    - Homemade whole wheat muffins (recipies online)
    - Vitatop muffin with a cup of 0% greek yogurt
    - Low calorie tortilla/pita with 2tbsp PB2 and half a banana that you would grill on a Geroge Foreman
    - A slice of Eggs-In-A-Basket
    - 2 frozen whole-wheat waffles with sugar free syrup and a hardboiled egg
    - 1/2 an avocado with an egg cracked into the hole where the pit used to be that you would then bake in the oven/toaster oven
    - 2 slices of bacon with a hardboiled egg
    - Broiled grapefruit with yogurt
    - 1/2 cup cottage cheese with a banana
    - Turkey sausage with toast and fruit
    - 1/2 bagel with 1 oz of cream cheese or 1 tbsp of a nut butter
    - fruit/protein smoothie
    - Quinoa porridge

Like I said, there's lots of options. Don't feel limited -- you can do lots of things with 200 calories.
  • cunnaner
    cunnaner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    High fiber English muffin with an egg is 170, add a little sriracha or other hot sauce for a flavor kick I normally add a light and fit Greek yogurt which totals up to 250 or no sugar added red grape fruit to bring me up to 210..

If I'm in a rush one of those Greek yogurts plus a small portion of kind granola tossed in is almost exactly 200 cakes
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I've been getting into breakfast biscuits (cookies for you US types?).

Oh noes, carbs!!11!!, but they certainly keep me going till lunchtime. About 220 calories for 2 of the Sanitarium On the Go brand.
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    jersey_54 wrote: »
    canned tuna, High protein and very filling

Uh if i knew i have to have fish for breakfast i'd never get out of bed. I'm all for sweet breakfast with coffee, so my advice is quest bar + black coffee yum
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Karmyeboo wrote: »

I agree,eating breakfast makes me more hungry and it's NOT full of carbs, I eat Greek yoghurt with fruits honey and chia seeds

I've noticed mine has to be just the right breakfast for me to not be starving. Mine is not 200 though xP I would much rather lunch be lower calories. I think it's personal preference and what you find works for you. Mine is typically 3 eggs + veggies + cheese + a slice of bacon so about 400 calories. Yesterday I ran out of eggs, ate the same number of calories but instead had 3 slices of bacon and half bagel with butter. I was starving at my first snack, I was still even sort of hungry after lunch. May have been in my head, but for me I need high protein and fat and fiber for breakfast. Other meals I eat carbs and am not starving soon after but breakfast is important for me.