Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• Nevertoold2015
    Nevertoold2015 Posts: 328 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Theres another on Cicero ave forgot the name, yummy. @Nevertoold2015

Where did you grow up... Do you mean Foxes pub on Cicero ?
  • dfavela1988
    dfavela1988 Posts: 892 Member
    Options

Grew up east of cicero, like 2 minutes from mid way. Oh never mind it was Albano's
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options

Grew up east of cicero, like 2 minutes from mid way. Oh never mind it was Albano's

Do you still live in the area ! How about Angie's pizza ?

• dfavela1988
    Options

No i dont moved to AZ but when i go those are the top stops, just wish they would freeze them to take home.
  • Nevertoold2015
    edited July 2015
    Options

No i dont moved to AZ but when i go those are the top stops, just wish they would freeze them to take home.

What HS did you go to...oh man you must really miss White Castle lol
  • dfavela1988
    Options

What HS did you go to...oh man you must really miss White Castle lol

Dont even joke, when we go out there we bring a few dozen of them out here. Here they have the frozen ones of course not that great.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I've only had a frozen White Castle, in New Jersey but I do love their Jalapeno Cheeseburgers, although I haven't had them for like 6 months; so I hope they still make them. It seems my favorite anything, either ceases to exist, the business goes out of business or all of the locations near me close. I really miss Ponderosa, Ground Round & Roy Rogers. Oh well I guess that it's good for my diet. Possibly I should make plans to celebrate my weight loss accomplishments, by traveling to whatever still exists. That'll definitely keep me motivated, lol.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Ok well I guess I'll jump in here.... My name is Emma.... I grew up on the south side of Chicago... I've been married for 33 years. I have to grown and married children. I have lived in the south suburbs of Chicago for 23 years now. I'm trying to lose 50 pounds... And I'll be honest I hate to exercise.... I'm trying to get motivated by listening to other people's stories and hope to learn from a of you....

Good luck Emma! :)

Thank you..like I said looking to find how everyone else's got their motivation and where a lazy person starts when it comes to exercise..calories I can count... Going to the gym yikes lol

The only way I exercise is by going to my personal trainer. I love it. I love circuit training, I love that it's different every time, and I love someone pushing and encouraging me through the whole thing. I also do yoga but that's almost entirely for flexibility because circuit training covers both cardio and strength for me.

Yep - I like the PT option too. I don't see mine very often though (about once every 4-6 weeks) because I am not made of $$$$$.

But I like the workout plan she has designed for me - 4 different work-outs per week and it changes every 6 weeks.

Before I had PT and plan I used to do circuit too - I loved it because you do something different at every station and get the cardio in too. I did circuit classes rather than just going to the circuit room and doing it myself.

You know - I used to HATE the gym. Now I like it. I do love martial arts though - always been able to stick to doing martial arts classes because you are learnign something different every time and getting strong and fit at the same time. I have done a few styles in the past - started off with Hap Ki Do as a teen, then dabbled in a few karate classes and Muay Thai then I started Capoeira and have stuck to that (until I go pregnant and had baby and no longer have the time to get to class, etc etc :( I still go on occasion when I can make it - it's at night and generally at the same time that daughter wants dinner/bath/sleep - again - not made of $$$$ therefore can't get a sitter to do all that for me every week and husband actually teaches the class so that's no help either!) I hope to get back into it soon - I think as soon as daughter is a little bit older (like in 6 months time!) she will be able to handle the going from daycare to capoeira thing a bit better and maybe she'll even join in for a bit.

• Nevertoold2015
    Options
    I've only had a frozen White Castle, in New Jersey but I do love their Jalapeno Cheeseburgers, although I haven't had them for like 6 months; so I hope they still make them. It seems my favorite anything, either ceases to exist, the business goes out of business or all of the locations near me close. I really miss Ponderosa, Ground Round & Roy Rogers. Oh well I guess that it's good for my diet. Possibly I should make plans to celebrate my weight loss accomplishments, by traveling to whatever still exists. That'll definitely keep me motivated, lol.

All those restaurants are closed here to..the only ponderosa I know that is open is in Indianapolis . And as far as I know why castle still has their jalapeño cheeseburgers
  • Nevertoold2015
    Options
    Ok well I guess I'll jump in here.... My name is Emma.... I grew up on the south side of Chicago... I've been married for 33 years. I have to grown and married children. I have lived in the south suburbs of Chicago for 23 years now. I'm trying to lose 50 pounds... And I'll be honest I hate to exercise.... I'm trying to get motivated by listening to other people's stories and hope to learn from a of you....

Good luck Emma! :)

Thank you..like I said looking to find how everyone else's got their motivation and where a lazy person starts when it comes to exercise..calories I can count... Going to the gym yikes lol

The only way I exercise is by going to my personal trainer. I love it. I love circuit training, I love that it's different every time, and I love someone pushing and encouraging me through the whole thing. I also do yoga but that's almost entirely for flexibility because circuit training covers both cardio and strength for me.

Yep - I like the PT option too. I don't see mine very often though (about once every 4-6 weeks) because I am not made of $$$$$.

But I like the workout plan she has designed for me - 4 different work-outs per week and it changes every 6 weeks.

Before I had PT and plan I used to do circuit too - I loved it because you do something different at every station and get the cardio in too. I did circuit classes rather than just going to the circuit room and doing it myself.

You know - I used to HATE the gym. Now I like it. I do love martial arts though - always been able to stick to doing martial arts classes because you are learnign something different every time and getting strong and fit at the same time. I have done a few styles in the past - started off with Hap Ki Do as a teen, then dabbled in a few karate classes and Muay Thai then I started Capoeira and have stuck to that (until I go pregnant and had baby and no longer have the time to get to class, etc etc :( I still go on occasion when I can make it - it's at night and generally at the same time that daughter wants dinner/bath/sleep - again - not made of $$$$ therefore can't get a sitter to do all that for me every week and husband actually teaches the class so that's no help either!) I hope to get back into it soon - I think as soon as daughter is a little bit older (like in 6 months time!) she will be able to handle the going from daycare to capoeira thing a bit better and maybe she'll even join in for a bit.
    They just opened a martial arts school a few blocks away ... I was thinking of looking in to it

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    @Nevertoold2015 - go and have a look! They usually offer free trials. The first classes are always terrible in terms of feeling like a complete uncoordinated loser but don't let that be a deterrent because you will soon "get it". And I also have never come across a place where they made me feel bad - always have been lucky to go to places where they encourage beginners and make you feel welcome.

Strongly recommend it.

Before I needed to lose weight (blame the baby-weight and subsequent post-natal depression!) I kept fit by martial arts only and I looked just fine in a bikini!

Dunno how to post photos in the forum threads if I figure it out I can do a post.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Nevertoold2015 - go and have a look! They usually offer free trials. The first classes are always terrible in terms of feeling like a complete uncoordinated loser but don't let that be a deterrent because you will soon "get it". And I also have never come across a place where they made me feel bad - always have been lucky to go to places where they encourage beginners and make you feel welcome.

Strongly recommend it.

Before I needed to lose weight (blame the baby-weight and subsequent post-natal depression!) I kept fit by martial arts only and I looked just fine in a bikini!

Dunno how to post photos in the forum threads if I figure it out I can do a post.

At the "Reply" there's an icon (page with a folded over corner), click that; then click "Chose Files" (if the picture is on your computer), a pop up box of your pictures will appear, click on the picture & then click "Open" (the pop up box, will disappear after) or in "Image URL" (type or copy & paste, the site that it's on). Then click "Post Reply".
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »
    alpha_515 wrote: »
    alpha_515 wrote: »
    Well part of me is, it's only a small part of my personality but it's still there. No was never in the military.

That's really funny because from what I have read most narcissistic people won't admit they are a narcissist.

Even passive aggressive for that reason.

Yep and they're never wrong either. It's everyone's fault, everyone is the problem.

I've dumped a couple of woman on that note, hate passive-aggressive beahviour. It's not my job to fix anyone, if they cannot communicate in a sweet and loving way.But, rather resort to mind games and silent treatment.
    Gotta watch the manipulation in a relationship and keep it in check. Some girls are psycho!

Sorry to budge in but I'm with you 100% it's probabaly the reason I'm not in a relationship. Most of the women I've been with we're pretty sh!tty towards me in the utmost subtle ways, then when I react I'm the one that looks like a dick. I'm a sucka though for some reason I keep letting the same women back into my life, even though she usually comes with her hands tied (got another man) I keep telling myself she's cheating with me cuz I'm special to her and she can't let me go when in reality me and the other dude are probably both getting the same ole line :/ sorry I had to vent.

Venting is good! Don't be sorry about that. Believe me there is someone out there who shares the same desires in a relationship, I imagine being patient is the hard part. I've been with my husband longer than we have been apart. I had boyfriends before him and tons of crushes but when he came along no one compared. You have to get that mindset or they are not worth your time. Good luck to you and don't be "the other guy" you are better than that. Just my opinion.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I have cold air blowing through my vent
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    That's better than hot air lol. -_-
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh you guys. 27.5 hours until our race goes live. Had a chance to drive the car last night, and honestly... it's terrifying. Ha ha. I think it will be a lot of fun when I get out on track and get comfortable... but it took me a few runs up and down the highway before I felt ok on the highway... so we'll see. She's fast and she's a rumbly beast. I can't wait to see how she handles on track.

I did a trial run of all my gear, and my *kitten* is slightly too fat for my race suit :( Not comfortable, but there's no time now to do anything about it. I can get it done up, and my fireproof shorts fit underneath... so that's that. I can't gain any more weight though - No money to replace the $1000 suit. Bah. Oh well. Helmet and Hans device are a cinch to use, so that's great.

Now I'm on to list making (tools and food) while the boys fix my dead pedal and change the drive shaft. FUN TIMES. ZOMG. RACING.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Loving the stalking on this thread lol so interesting reading about people and what they do in other parts of the world!! I've deactivated my Facebook account as I'm sick of the same people whining everyday so I'm now using this as my social site lol
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It definitely is much more entertaining
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    a proper chat would be nice.
    Hows your day going?
    My day has been pretty good, Im taking a short nap though, Its been a bit exhausting.
    Im Victoria by the way =)