Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!

I make the best buttercream frosting in various different flavors. It makes any cake delicious! (I could eat it straight without the cake!)

ETA: Who am I kidding, I do eat it straight without the cake. I always leave more in the bowl than should be, so I can have more!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    And there we are...Kelly, you have launched page 1400!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Here we are, page 1400! 42,000 posts!!!

This is super great!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Nice!

I make the best buttercream frosting in various different flavors. It makes any cake delicious! (I could eat it straight without the cake!)

ETA: Who am I kidding, I do eat it straight without the cake. I always leave more in the bowl than should be, so I can have more!

Would you please send a from scratch cake over to Ohio? I'm one of those even if it's a box mix cake it turns out yuck!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All.... some thoughts for page 1400 and all we have been through in these last 8? months....

These are 2 quotes that hang on my wall:

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter (fortune cookie fortune)

and

It's never too late to become what you might have been.

I like both of these and hang them on my wall as a reminder of how I personally want to approach my life.

Happy page 1400 folks. And have a great weekend (for those disappearing for the weekend already).

ETA: I totally messed up a sentence. So fixed...
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

YAY!! I feel special! :)
    And @Just_Ceci, this buttercream frosting talk is not helping my current problem of craving desserty deliciousness! :(
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    All.... some thoughts for page 1400 and all we have been through in these last 8? months....

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter (fortune cookie fortune)

and

I like both of these are use them on my wall as a reminder of how I personally want to approach my life.

Happy page 1400 folks. And have a great weekend (for those disappearing for the weekend already).

those are great :)

these are the two i have attached to my monitor at work:

Live the life you've imagined

and

If you want to win anything - a race, your self, your life - you have to go a little berserk (fortune cookie too!)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

and

I like both of these are use them on my wall as a reminder of how I personally want to approach my life.

Not gonna lie, that seriously made me tear up. It's so, SO true. Why not be the person you could have been today?! The only person stopping you, is you!

I love that!!!

• Just_Ceci
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Nice!

Would you please send a from scratch cake over to Ohio? I'm one of those even if it's a box mix cake it turns out yuck!
    :smiley:
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I have this set up as my daily reminder, it's a little harsh but it gets the job done.
    "You are your own worst enemy. You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present. Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half involved in what you do. The only way to change is through action and outside pressure. Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time and resources - if you can't afford to lose, you won't. Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must rely on your wits and energy to see you through. Place yourself on 'death ground', where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive."

On my fridge I have.
    "A Manifesto for a Simple Life: Eat less, move more. Buy less, make more. Stress less, laugh more. Feel Blessed, love more. Find a quiet spot everyday and Breathe."
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

And @Just_Ceci, this buttercream frosting talk is not helping my current problem of craving desserty deliciousness! :(

Sorry (not sorry). Should I have another piece of cake for you? :p
  • Just_Ceci
    Options

and

Reminds me of a line from a song by my favorite band-

"Decide what to be and go be it"- The Avett Brothers
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Wahhh :cry:
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    In the words of Al Davis

yidpvich9g35.jpg
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

Yes. One for @kelly_c_77 and one for me!! I ate a fruit and yogurt parfait this morning as a treat (a 300 calorie treat! Ack!!) and now am hungry again. Doh!! Oh well, it was delicious. And now a co-worker just brought in bagels for everyone. Eeeeep. I'm gonna try to avoid them, but there's nothing quite like a toasted asiago bagel with cream cheese.
  • jthurman3
    Options
    Anyone heard from @bkhamill re: granddaughter's birth yesterday? Just wondering how everything went.
  • jthurman3
    Options

and

I like both of these and hang them on my wall as a reminder of how I personally want to approach my life.

ETA: I totally messed up a sentence. So fixed...

I love those quotes and echo the sentiment!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I took today off, so nice! Mr. NY worked a half day and we had a great workout at the gym. We are now headed to my family's lake house with some of our friends for a nice relaxing weekend. I probably won't be on here too much, but I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. You are all super great!!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I took today off, so nice! Mr. NY worked a half day and we had a great workout at the gym. We are now headed to my family's lake house with some of our friends for a nice relaxing weekend. I probably won't be on here too much, but I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. You are all super great!!!!

Have a great weekend!! Hope you and Mr. NY have a blast!

I am heading to work soon :p