Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I've just had my shopping delivered. i may or may not have bought cans of black cherry pie filling to go with my chocolate cake box mix. Also, many packages of jelly and gelatin to make jelly legos for Charlie's birthday. And cake. a thomas the tank engine cake. and i also bought safari animal cookie cutters. I know he doesn't need all that sugary stuff, but i just wanna make it. I'll be making some stuff for him to take to nursery for a little party as well.

Happy Birthday Charlie! Make sure you post pictures of the party!!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Congrats on catching up, @CountessKitteh!

So today will probably not end well. I have been up since about 1:30am thinking about a lot of random stuff...including delicious food. Any time I have a bad night's sleep, I tend to make awful food decisions. I have a few errands to run today too...and stores that sell food can be bad on days like today when I am low on sleep/energy. Ahhh. :(

lack of sleep = bad food choices for me too. 2 (large) handfuls of M&Ms have already found there way mysteriously into my mouth.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Hi all! It's the Friday before the long weekend here, my boss called a meeting this morning (mainly to chat about nothing, oh and make a list of things to do before our EA leaves on vacation) so that effectively killed off my morning. This afternoon I have a few things to do but mainly everyone is gone so I am thinking I may bag off a hour early and get my *kitten* out for a run.

@raelynnsmama52512 I'm glad to hear she did so well! I'm rooting for you guys <3
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 glad the evaluation went well and hope they find some programming to help her!

Can somebody please explain to me how it is that I can stop at the store, buy black beans, brownie mix, and ALL the ingredients for pistachio salad from memory... but can't remember to buy the toothpaste I've needed for the past couple of days? *bangs head*

(no, I'm not entirely without toothpaste, it just takes me 5 minutes to squeeze the dregs out of the tube)

And, for the record, black beans smell like cat food.

Ditto to @raelynnsmama52512!!!

And I love this whole post.

Ditto!

I've always thought that Refried Beans while tasty looks like dog food/cat food.

Oh definitely. I love them...but they look awful!

Try pureeing them. It took a great deal of faith in @peleroja to pour that purplish soup out of the blender into a nice bowl of brownie mix.

(They're dense brownies. I couldn't believe the weight of the Tupperware container when I went to put them in the fridge.)

How do they taste?

They're very nice... no evidence of any black bean flavour... quite a bit less sweet than they would have been made the regular way, which is an odd result considering the only ingredients omitted are eggs and oil.

Yeah, that is weird.....I wonder why that is.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Hey guys, we are about to hit 1400 pages!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I've just had my shopping delivered. i may or may not have bought cans of black cherry pie filling to go with my chocolate cake box mix. Also, many packages of jelly and gelatin to make jelly legos for Charlie's birthday. And cake. a thomas the tank engine cake. and i also bought safari animal cookie cutters. I know he doesn't need all that sugary stuff, but i just wanna make it. I'll be making some stuff for him to take to nursery for a little party as well.

That sounds like so much fun! I'm sure Charlie will love it.
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I want to see your pictures. :)

I finally watched the trailer and I'm really excited for this movie as well. It looks like it'll be awesome. I was sad to find out that it isn't coming out soon. :(
    I'm sad too :( And they're nothing special or creative :tongue: I'm terribly jealous of people who can actually draw well. Sometimes I like to draw what is in front of me... I just looked at stills from the animated series on my computer and drew them on paper. Like so:
    qjbr3t1sc6a5.jpg
    kecmw25 wrote: »

Wow, I can't believe you just said you wish you could draw better...I think that is amazing. :) I love it! You are talented.

I'm not sure how to get this comment out of the quote so I'll just bold it. haha

Yep - definitely talented!!
  • Italian_Buju
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

I have the same problem with my face. I get super flushed whenever I work out. At physical therapy I am always so embarrassed because I turn bright red and sweat as I'm working out. I've always been like that too.

Me too. People used to stop me and ask me if I was ok. And I sweat like CRAZY. Seriously gross.

Me too! I regularly leave sweaty butt/body prints on equipment, much to my gym partner's dismay :blush:

Thanks for this confession. I always thought I was the only one.

Nope, I wipe mine down with a Lysol wipe after I use them. (and before if the person before me isn't kind enough to donut themselves.)

This irritates me!

Someone did this last night at my Y. Every single machine has its own bottle of disinfectant crap and a towel, do you think that is for show?

ETA: I did not notice you said 'donut' instead of 'do it' until I posted, lol.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    As far as the discussion on workout clothes I buy a lot of my newer workout clothes at Wal-Mart. Another place I find workout clothes pretty dirt cheap are thrift stores. The best time to hit up the thrift stores are either 50% off days or if you're a senior citizen & they offer a special discount day.

I've found Under Armour, Nike, Reebok, & New Balance that looked like it was in new condition.

Speaking of clothing where do most of you shop for your clothing? Where do you do the majority of your grocery shopping?

Rant ahead...and I'm sorry, because I know it sounds like a humblebrag and I swear that's not the intention...it really is very frustrating because I'm not even an especially tiny person.

I have a tough time with clothes because my frame is such that I'm on the border of not fitting into women's sizes, so I often have to seek out juniors' stuff that's appropriate for adults or scour stores with smaller more "European" sizing like Zara. Almost all my non-work stuff is either from the kids' section (Costco, a lot of the time) or from cheapo juniors' stores. And I have as much stretchy stuff as I can get away with for work, lots of wool sweaters and skinny trousers that are basically dress-pants-jeggings. Stores like Banana Republic, J Crew, Loft, and Express where lots of women my age shop for work basics are so vanity-sized I can't buy a pair of pants that fits there anymore because I have no butt. Fortunately all that loose, unstructured stuff, especially for tops, is in style now even for work so I've had options lately, though.

I'm that practically-thirty-year-old flipping through every rack at H&M and Forever 21 looking for stuff that doesn't belong on a girl half my age.

For exercise, I do kids' stuff from Costco, Victoria's Secret PINK leggings, and I do buy a LOT of Lululemon and I'm sorry. I am also that person who buys $100 hoodies and leggings sometimes. But the fit is beautiful, they are so comfortable, and they're sturdy too.

Try being the 51 year old flipping through the juniors' racks because the grown-up women's clothing seems to be styled/sized for gals with much larger hips/bums and bosoms than mine. :/

At least in my case the casual onlooker will probably think I'm shopping for my daughter or even granddaughter. :D Until I hold something up to me to eyeball the length.

I do like RW... they do "grown up" without crossing the "frumpy" line. Most of my clothing comes from online shopping or Winners (and TJMax when in US). Almost all of my workout wear is Winners/TJMax, with a few Old Navy tops in there... their pants are never long enough for me, unless I can find talls.

Most of my major grocery shopping is Superstore/No Frills. (Needless to say, their Joe pants are too short too.)

It's my future, haha. I just don't care anymore though because what else am I supposed to do? Buy everything too big and spend more money to have it tailored? Nope, I don't want to spend the extra so apart from a couple nice skirt suits I had altered for big meetings and stuff I'd rather just keep digging for appropriate clothes in teen stores.

I HAVE a chest and hips and women's stuff still doesn't fit most of the time...yet the stuff my mom wore as a size 8 in the 80s fits perfectly, so go figure. She nearly fainted when I bought a wedding dress in a 0 (I'm ten pounds heavier than she was and her dress was, again, an 8), thinking I'd lost my mind, but that is really how much sizes have changed compared to when she was my age.

That is true. I have a bigger waist now at 44 then I did at age 20. It is about 2.5 - 3 inches bigger. The rest of me is very close to the same size. I have a size 6 dress from about 1992 that I can't zip past my waist. Also I have three suits of the same brand that I bought the same day. They are petite sizes 0, 2, 4 and they all fit the same! Size is pretty meaningless because it is so inconsistent. I find it harder and harder to find clothes that fit.

I only find it hard to find appropriate clothes that fit.

That made me laugh.

edit to fix brackets quote

Right? If I could go to work in high-rise skinny jeggings and a crop top with "EAT SLEEP NETFLIX" on it I'd be golden... :smirk:

Where can I get this shirt. Add in workout, and this is my life.

• WestCoastJo82
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    How does that even stay up?!

They're allegedly self-adhesive.

I've picked up the packages and they seem to be heavier than the appendages (mine anyway) they're supposed to support.

The sales clerk in La Senza swore they stayed on securely, but of course she IS paid to say stuff like that.

I don't want them lifted per se, just want them supported in a position north of my waistline and to avoid that dead giveaway braless jiggle & sway. (they're small but very mobile)

hehehehehe - oh man that definitely made me giggle.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    As far as the discussion on workout clothes I buy a lot of my newer workout clothes at Wal-Mart. Another place I find workout clothes pretty dirt cheap are thrift stores. The best time to hit up the thrift stores are either 50% off days or if you're a senior citizen & they offer a special discount day.

I've found Under Armour, Nike, Reebok, & New Balance that looked like it was in new condition.

Speaking of clothing where do most of you shop for your clothing? Where do you do the majority of your grocery shopping?

Rant ahead...and I'm sorry, because I know it sounds like a humblebrag and I swear that's not the intention...it really is very frustrating because I'm not even an especially tiny person.

I have a tough time with clothes because my frame is such that I'm on the border of not fitting into women's sizes, so I often have to seek out juniors' stuff that's appropriate for adults or scour stores with smaller more "European" sizing like Zara. Almost all my non-work stuff is either from the kids' section (Costco, a lot of the time) or from cheapo juniors' stores. And I have as much stretchy stuff as I can get away with for work, lots of wool sweaters and skinny trousers that are basically dress-pants-jeggings. Stores like Banana Republic, J Crew, Loft, and Express where lots of women my age shop for work basics are so vanity-sized I can't buy a pair of pants that fits there anymore because I have no butt. Fortunately all that loose, unstructured stuff, especially for tops, is in style now even for work so I've had options lately, though.

I'm that practically-thirty-year-old flipping through every rack at H&M and Forever 21 looking for stuff that doesn't belong on a girl half my age.

For exercise, I do kids' stuff from Costco, Victoria's Secret PINK leggings, and I do buy a LOT of Lululemon and I'm sorry. I am also that person who buys $100 hoodies and leggings sometimes. But the fit is beautiful, they are so comfortable, and they're sturdy too.

Try being the 51 year old flipping through the juniors' racks because the grown-up women's clothing seems to be styled/sized for gals with much larger hips/bums and bosoms than mine. :/

At least in my case the casual onlooker will probably think I'm shopping for my daughter or even granddaughter. :D Until I hold something up to me to eyeball the length.

I do like RW... they do "grown up" without crossing the "frumpy" line. Most of my clothing comes from online shopping or Winners (and TJMax when in US). Almost all of my workout wear is Winners/TJMax, with a few Old Navy tops in there... their pants are never long enough for me, unless I can find talls.

Most of my major grocery shopping is Superstore/No Frills. (Needless to say, their Joe pants are too short too.)

It's my future, haha. I just don't care anymore though because what else am I supposed to do? Buy everything too big and spend more money to have it tailored? Nope, I don't want to spend the extra so apart from a couple nice skirt suits I had altered for big meetings and stuff I'd rather just keep digging for appropriate clothes in teen stores.

I HAVE a chest and hips and women's stuff still doesn't fit most of the time...yet the stuff my mom wore as a size 8 in the 80s fits perfectly, so go figure. She nearly fainted when I bought a wedding dress in a 0 (I'm ten pounds heavier than she was and her dress was, again, an 8), thinking I'd lost my mind, but that is really how much sizes have changed compared to when she was my age.

That is true. I have a bigger waist now at 44 then I did at age 20. It is about 2.5 - 3 inches bigger. The rest of me is very close to the same size. I have a size 6 dress from about 1992 that I can't zip past my waist. Also I have three suits of the same brand that I bought the same day. They are petite sizes 0, 2, 4 and they all fit the same! Size is pretty meaningless because it is so inconsistent. I find it harder and harder to find clothes that fit.

I only find it hard to find appropriate clothes that fit.

That made me laugh.

edit to fix brackets quote

Right? If I could go to work in high-rise skinny jeggings and a crop top with "EAT SLEEP NETFLIX" on it I'd be golden... :smirk:

Where can I get this shirt. Add in workout, and this is my life.

Just saw one in my local Stitches store, which sells fast fashion very cheap for teenagers, but Etsy has a ton!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    If you can't tell, I'm wasting time at work, but enlightening your day :)

Excellent use of time - thanks Lois!!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Wow! We've been through a lot together. I can't believe we've kept this going since January and there's no signs of stopping any time soon.

I used "super great" in a sentence with a coworker this morning. Didn't even think twice about it, until after I said it. I smiled to myself thinking of you guys!

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I want to see your pictures. :)

I finally watched the trailer and I'm really excited for this movie as well. It looks like it'll be awesome. I was sad to find out that it isn't coming out soon. :(
    I'm sad too :( And they're nothing special or creative :tongue: I'm terribly jealous of people who can actually draw well. Sometimes I like to draw what is in front of me... I just looked at stills from the animated series on my computer and drew them on paper. Like so:
    qjbr3t1sc6a5.jpg
    kecmw25 wrote: »

are you kidding?! that drawing is AWESOME!
    you ARE one of those ppl others are jealous of because you CAN draw well!! <3

stuck in the quote!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Hahahahahahahaha!! I love it!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:
  • kelly_c_77
    edited July 2015
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Thanks for the shout out @xLoveLikeWinterx ! ;)

So earlier I mentioned how I was worried about going shopping today because I make horrible decisions when I don't have a lot of sleep. Well, I did ok...bought a few snacky/dessert foods that could be bad (I would normally tend to eat it all at once on days like today). The time that I usually do such damage is when I replace lunch with "naughty" foods or a bit later while my son is napping and I'm bored waiting for him to get up. Welllll, I had a good lunch and I hid the snack foods that I bought in my son's closet so I can't get to them while he is napping. :) I have thought of doing this in the past but have never actually done it. I think it was @riderfangal who admitted to doing it a while back.
    Now I'm just hoping I don't take them out of the closet and break into them later tonight after my husband leaves to go fishing overnight/son is sleeping and I'm left alone to eat out of boredom again! ***Must leave food in son's closet***

Nice job, Kelly!!! Good plan. It would be hard for me to not eat all the things as soon as I was by myself. Good luck!!

Well, the nap didn't happen. I tried for 30 minutes...I may have fallen asleep for a few? Anyhow, I'm awake now and thinking about that desserty goodness that I purchased and I'm SO HAPPY it's hidden where I can't get to it! :)
    This is a major NSV for me...if only it works all night long.

@pofoster21, Funny because I actually almost bought m&m's as part of my stash!! I'm glad I didn't because I would have downed more than 2 handfuls!

I'm thinking pizza tonight for dinner before my husband leaves and hopefully my cravings will stop there...
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Wow! We've been through a lot together. I can't believe we've kept this going since January and there's no signs of stopping any time soon.

I used "super great" in a sentence with a coworker this morning. Didn't even think twice about it, until after I said it. I smiled to myself thinking of you guys!

We certainly have! It's a shame that OP is long gone! If she only knew what she has created...