Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    The clothing rants brought up my own clothing first world problems.

I usually wear a size that is easily available in any clothes shop, but I'm only 5'2" so I try to stick to the short lady range. Having a curvy figure, I find tops for normal height people are ridiculously low cut on me. But kids stuff obviously doesn't accommodate for my curves so that's a no too. But more and more shops are doing a petite range, plus I've gotten good with a sewing machine at alterations, so I was okay.

Now I'm 4 months pregnant. Apparently there is no such thing as a short pregnant woman. Who knew? Not only that, but most shops around here don't actually have a maternity section other than online, so I can't try anything on, which I hate. I'm at that awkward in between stage where the bump isn't massive enough to hold up over the bump trousers, but it certainly isn't fitting into normal trousers. I may have had a hormonal sob about this last week...
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Congrats on catching up, @CountessKitteh!

So today will probably not end well. I have been up since about 1:30am thinking about a lot of random stuff...including delicious food. Any time I have a bad night's sleep, I tend to make awful food decisions. I have a few errands to run today too...and stores that sell food can be bad on days like today when I am low on sleep/energy. Ahhh. :(
  • Jazzybrass
    Jazzybrass Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am a bit behind. I buy most of my clothes from modcloth.com, exercise stuff from Adidas and food from the local supermarket

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I'm behind too:

Clothes were from Rickis and penningtons mostly. Now if I need anything new, it better be on sale (like $10 capris) or I'm going to the thrift store.

Most of my groceries are from Safeway, although I usually have to go to Metro as well, as my husband only likes one brand of chocolate milk. Luckily they are a block apart. I also will go to Shoppers if they have a good sale and the farmers market as well.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Also, I do my grocery shopping at like 5-6 am on Saturdays. I normally get up at 4-430 during the week so it's sleeping in a little. I found that I can avoid the weeknight or weekend day crowds that way. Only a couple of times, they hadn't yet stocked what I'd like to buy. For weekends like this one, where we are going to be out of town, and I can't do my usual grocery store run, it stresses me.

I've occasionally done this as well. Tamimi is a 24 hour grocery store, so on days we expect it to be crowded my husband and I have been known to go in around 3 AM or so. The only problem is that the deli counter and the butcher are both closed until later in the morning, and the bakery delivery truck doesn't show up until 6 or 7 AM so there's no fresh bread on the shelves. No turkey, no beef, and no bread for me. Sigh.

It's true that the deli & meat departments are closed but I guess I don't get anything from those anyway. The meat department in this grocery store is not the best, neither is the produce but like @peleroja said, I usually go through any produce I buy rather quickly so it doesn't spoil. I forgot about Costco. I buy a lot of my meat from there or a local butcher. I buy a lot of everything from Costco. I kind of love Costco

I don't like buying produce from Tamimi for the same reason--it's usually not too good or fresh, other than the herbs. I buy my herbs there, then I buy my produce from Carrefour and a local grocery store called Hyper Panda, which both get their produce from local farms and it's DELICIOUS.

Speaking of produce, new confession: I'm mildly allergic to tomatoes, and the riper and more delicious they are, the worse my reaction is. But I REALLY love fresh, ripe summer tomatoes--and we just bought a big bag of them from Carrefour. So the other day, I ate about half a kilo (one pound) of them in the space of less than 24 hours, and had a burning red rash around my mouth and inside it for the next day or two, which then proceeded to become a crusty, dried up shell of skin around my mouth. Worth it. <3

I'm allergic to tomatoes too, but i have such a bad reaction it causes anaphylaxis. Same with strawberries and red peppers. Its the enzyme on the skin colouring apparently. Makes eating out and work lunches a bit of a minefield. I also don't eat pork, so usually opt for vegetarian options for work events - which is always tomato and pepper. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get a plain cheese sandwich!
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 Glad the home visit gave you some options.

@TigerNY128 I totally think Mr. Tiger should come do your hair - he's responsible for your condition after all.

@Susieq_1994 Glad to see you posting again!!

@kelly_c_77 I hope today isn't too bad for you.

@CountessKitteh How can you hate accounting? I don't know if we can be friends anymore. :wink:
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @orangesmartie Your allergies do sound scary and challenging when others are in charge of the food.

I once dated a guy that was deathly allergic to nuts. We probably had been together for over a month when I was eating cashews in the bar. That's when he told me about his allergy. I was like, dude, if you have allergies to things that can kill you, that should be one of the first conversations you have with people.

Especially since I love peanut butter.
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    I've just had my shopping delivered. i may or may not have bought cans of black cherry pie filling to go with my chocolate cake box mix. Also, many packages of jelly and gelatin to make jelly legos for Charlie's birthday. And cake. a thomas the tank engine cake. and i also bought safari animal cookie cutters. I know he doesn't need all that sugary stuff, but i just wanna make it. I'll be making some stuff for him to take to nursery for a little party as well.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 glad the evaluation went well and hope they find some programming to help her!

Can somebody please explain to me how it is that I can stop at the store, buy black beans, brownie mix, and ALL the ingredients for pistachio salad from memory... but can't remember to buy the toothpaste I've needed for the past couple of days? *bangs head*

(no, I'm not entirely without toothpaste, it just takes me 5 minutes to squeeze the dregs out of the tube)

And, for the record, black beans smell like cat food.

Ditto to @raelynnsmama52512!!!

And I love this whole post.

Ditto!

I've always thought that Refried Beans while tasty looks like dog food/cat food.

Oh definitely. I love them...but they look awful!

Try pureeing them. It took a great deal of faith in @peleroja to pour that purplish soup out of the blender into a nice bowl of brownie mix.

(They're dense brownies. I couldn't believe the weight of the Tupperware container when I went to put them in the fridge.)

How do they taste?

They're very nice... no evidence of any black bean flavour... quite a bit less sweet than they would have been made the regular way, which is an odd result considering the only ingredients omitted are eggs and oil.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I've just had my shopping delivered. i may or may not have bought cans of black cherry pie filling to go with my chocolate cake box mix. Also, many packages of jelly and gelatin to make jelly legos for Charlie's birthday. And cake. a thomas the tank engine cake. and i also bought safari animal cookie cutters. I know he doesn't need all that sugary stuff, but i just wanna make it. I'll be making some stuff for him to take to nursery for a little party as well.

I'm sure Charlie will adore all of it:). The Jelly Legos sound cute. Is that made with a jello mold?
  • orangesmartie
    Options

I'm sure Charlie will adore all of it:). The Jelly Legos sound cute. Is that made with a jello mold?

Yes, i ordered some silicone molds from ebay and got a cool video on youtube.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 Glad the home visit gave you some options.

@TigerNY128 I totally think Mr. Tiger should come do your hair - he's responsible for your condition after all.

@Susieq_1994 Glad to see you posting again!!

@kelly_c_77 I hope today isn't too bad for you.

@CountessKitteh How can you hate accounting? I don't know if we can be friends anymore. :wink:

The sad part is I'm actually pretty good at it. The assignments are just SO long. Give me a 20 page paper and I can knock it out in a few hours. Tell me to make a balance sheet, income statement, etc. and then explain why I put what where and I'm at it for days.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    To catch up:

My favorite pizza is pepperoni and mushrooms, but I also love white pizza, buffalo chicken pizza, plain, and this amazing creation we used to make at Sbarro called Southwest chicken. Really, I just like pizza.

Like @spamarie, I'm short (under 5'2") so clothing is a challenge. I'm cheap, so hunt clearance racks, and really like "discount" places like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Ross. The rest is Target and Kohl's generally, plus the occasion trip to the thrift store for fun. I do some alterations if needed, and I wear a lot of tank tops under tops that need me to be 6 inches taller or a DDD to make them work. ;)

I do nearly all of my grocery shopping at Wegmans because it's a half mile from my house. And open 24 hours. And the most amazing place in the world.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

Aww, Happy Birthday to Charlie!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Thanks, @Glinda1971. I'm really going to try to be good while shopping...not so sure it'll happen though.
    I did an 8.5mile run this morning and I didn't fall asleep/fall off the treadmill so that's good! :)

I hope you all have a good day!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I want to see your pictures. :)

I finally watched the trailer and I'm really excited for this movie as well. It looks like it'll be awesome. I was sad to find out that it isn't coming out soon. :(
    I'm sad too :( And they're nothing special or creative :tongue: I'm terribly jealous of people who can actually draw well. Sometimes I like to draw what is in front of me... I just looked at stills from the animated series on my computer and drew them on paper. Like so:
    qjbr3t1sc6a5.jpg

My face gets red for everything! Hot, embarrassed, stressed, you name it. I had a guy once tell me I should get my blood pressure checked. It made me even more embarrassed.
    Me too! My face turns red at the slightest amount of awkwardness. Makes everything even more awkward. Then I start stammering. My feet also get red easily for some reason, which has led to people asking me "What's wrong with your feet?!"

Thank you. :smiley:
    You're back! I'm glad- your posts always make me smile :smiley:

I eat them like apples. YUM. Except that then the rash around my mouth gets 100 times worse when the tomato juice actually TOUCHES it, so now I'm sensible and chop it into chunks and carefully fork it into my mouth like a delicate young tomato monster. o:)
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE tomatoes. My grandparents used to keep a tomato garden and I was always excited to go over there to eat them. I love them with a little salt and pepper, but I can eat them like apples too. Your rash sounds like what I get when the skin around my mouth touches the peel of a mango. :( And I love mango.

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    To catch up:

My favorite pizza is pepperoni and mushrooms, but I also love white pizza, buffalo chicken pizza, plain, and this amazing creation we used to make at Sbarro called Southwest chicken. Really, I just like pizza.

Like @spamarie, I'm short (under 5'2") so clothing is a challenge. I'm cheap, so hunt clearance racks, and really like "discount" places like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Ross. The rest is Target and Kohl's generally, plus the occasion trip to the thrift store for fun. I do some alterations if needed, and I wear a lot of tank tops under tops that need me to be 6 inches taller or a DDD to make them work. ;)

I do nearly all of my grocery shopping at Wegmans because it's a half mile from my house. And open 24 hours. And the most amazing place in the world.

I'm doing the "catch up" too. Work's crazy busy so I can't pop in all the time (boo!) I'm 5'4.5 which I guess is "normal" height, but my legs are short/I have a long torso (my inseam is like 28 lol) so clothes suck. I also have a TON of skin to tuck into jeans and if I don't want everyone to see my lumpy hip/gut area, I wear a binder/compressor underneath (I've worn it for 5+ years though so it's like second nature to me now) and get a Medium Tall in shirts, so it covers the hips. I'm so weird. I love Target/Kohl's, Nordstrom Rack, Nordstrom when I want to feel fancy lol, Marshall's, etc. I remembered the workout clothes brand at Nordstrom, too- Zella. LOVE their stuff- it's like 2/3 the price of Lululemon but good quality. I'm not buying it until after my surgery and some healing because it's expensive.

I grocery shop at Kroger, Nino's or Whole Foods (I know, I know lol). Oh and they just opened a Fresh Thyme near me and I'm obsessed. I used to work at Meijer headquarters so I boycott their grocery stores.

Made these travesty of brownies last night called "miracle" low carb brownies. Gah, they're basically just flaxseed chocolate cake. They help you "go" but I have to cover mine with peanut butter to make them edible. I'll still eat them bc I hate wasting baked goods, but I'm not making them again.

My plastics consults are 8/12 and I'm counting down. I finished week 2 of my C25K and I'm hooked- I love it. Raised calories about 100 more this week to cover the exercise and I love that, too. So far it's not hurting loss, so I'm about to raise it another 50 next week, I think. I went and repeated the workout last night and then this morning just because. I should add, though, I am one of those people who can never sit still or stop moving (shout out to Kelly!) and if I start exercising, I just want to do moremoremore so I have to force myself to rest every now and again.

@orangesmartie happy happy birthday to Charlie! Jello legos sound awesome. My 4 yr old would love those.

@kelly_c_77 awesome on the 8.5 miles! I wish I could do that all at once.

@Susieq_1994 yay to you being back! I forgot to comment on that yesterday!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    quoted instead of edited. *face palm*

We've all done that AT LEAST once(or five times...).

At least you didn't fall off the treadmill?

Sorry @pofoster21 I had to poke a little fun. Hopefully the fall was mostly injury free.

OH and Sgt. Sexy Pants was in a motorcycle accident on the way to work today! :scream:

He ran his bike into a guard rail. He's dirty but okay. :lol:
    The motorcycle however.....uhm... Well let's just say he can't afford to take me on ANY dates for a while. :lol:

And OF COURSE he wouldn't tell me about it until the night's shift is almost over :grumble:

I am glad St. Sexy Pants is okay. He is blessed.

Two of my brothers wrecked the same motorcycle last summer and though the bike was fine the first time, the brother who bounced 200 Ft down the guard rail was in my trauma center for 8 days with four ribs remaining intact and a punctured lung. That was Memorial Day. On Independence Day, my oldest brother borrowed the bike because his was in the shop. A deer jumped the guardrail and the bike the deer and my brother skidded 200 yards down the interstate. Dead deer. Bike in pieces. Brother in my trauma center on a vent with collapsed lung, three broken ribs but only a crack in his pelvis because he lifts and his muscles held everything in place. (that's really why I lift now, it saved his life) I told bother #3 that if he got on his motorcycle on Labor Day weekend, I would break his ribs myself.

This is unbelievable. I do want a motorcycle but I am a bit afraid of them.

Honestly, the first accident was my brother's fault. He got into gravel on an exit ramp and instead of laying his new bike over and scratching the paint, he fought it. The bike came to rest on the crash stand. But the Life Flight cost more than it did.
    The second accident would have happened in a car. The deer hit the front tire. If that happened in my F250 it wouldn't end well and my airbag could break a rib and puncture a lung.
    If you are a bit afraid, you'll be a good rider. Go for it. It's the fools who think that they're invincible that cause problems.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I watched The Terminator for the first time and really liked it!! Now I want to see Judgment Day, but Netflix doesn't have it... I guess I need to give RoboCop a watch as well, but I really want to see more Terminator! Sad :(
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Also, I do my grocery shopping at like 5-6 am on Saturdays. I normally get up at 4-430 during the week so it's sleeping in a little. I found that I can avoid the weeknight or weekend day crowds that way. Only a couple of times, they hadn't yet stocked what I'd like to buy. For weekends like this one, where we are going to be out of town, and I can't do my usual grocery store run, it stresses me.

I've occasionally done this as well. Tamimi is a 24 hour grocery store, so on days we expect it to be crowded my husband and I have been known to go in around 3 AM or so. The only problem is that the deli counter and the butcher are both closed until later in the morning, and the bakery delivery truck doesn't show up until 6 or 7 AM so there's no fresh bread on the shelves. No turkey, no beef, and no bread for me. Sigh.

It's true that the deli & meat departments are closed but I guess I don't get anything from those anyway. The meat department in this grocery store is not the best, neither is the produce but like @peleroja said, I usually go through any produce I buy rather quickly so it doesn't spoil. I forgot about Costco. I buy a lot of my meat from there or a local butcher. I buy a lot of everything from Costco. I kind of love Costco

I don't like buying produce from Tamimi for the same reason--it's usually not too good or fresh, other than the herbs. I buy my herbs there, then I buy my produce from Carrefour and a local grocery store called Hyper Panda, which both get their produce from local farms and it's DELICIOUS.

Speaking of produce, new confession: I'm mildly allergic to tomatoes, and the riper and more delicious they are, the worse my reaction is. But I REALLY love fresh, ripe summer tomatoes--and we just bought a big bag of them from Carrefour. So the other day, I ate about half a kilo (one pound) of them in the space of less than 24 hours, and had a burning red rash around my mouth and inside it for the next day or two, which then proceeded to become a crusty, dried up shell of skin around my mouth. Worth it. <3

I would be so sad if I was allergic to tomatoes :(

Both my sister and I have the allergy and we both continue to eat them like crazy people. They're my most favoritest vegetable in the whole, wide world. <3 (Yes, I know they're a fruit. No, I don't care to acknowledge that. ;))

That is so sad that your favorite is the one you are allergic too. I did laugh when you said you still eat them and they are worth the rash. :) It sounds like something I would do if I was allergic to something I loved.

Hope you feel better.