Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    So I just spent about 40 minutes drawing Poison Ivy and The Joker. I'm excited for Suicide Squad (I know Poison Ivy isn't in it, but I like her)!!! I've seen the trailer like 30 times and am so frustrated that I have to wait until next year to see it. :lol: I'm drawing Harley next! Maybe I should start reading the comics.

I want to see your pictures. :)

I finally watched the trailer and I'm really excited for this movie as well. It looks like it'll be awesome. I was sad to find out that it isn't coming out soon. :(
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Yay!! Hit my 30 lb down goal. Time for some new pretty wristbands for my flex.

I love you guys for keeping me on track!

That is so awesome!!!! Way to go Glinda!

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I clothing shop at Target or Kohl's usually, sometimes Maurices but they are a little more expensive. Grocery shopping is a local chain because they are the cheapest and have the best selection.

I just bought this top at Maurice's and I LOVE IT!!! This is the front and back view. I love how modest, yet sexy it is.
    yczps1s4q7ry.jpg
    5kmcq3y4bxs0.jpg

• WestCoastJo82
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Update : At The Lion King! I admit I am way more excited than my family. Sigh. I think they will be happy once we have seen it. For $179 a piece I am a bit disappointed in these seats.

The show was amazing. I loved it. My niece and nephew enjoyed it I think. Tip admit to being a bit disappointed in their overall reaction to both being in the city and the show. I would have been overjoyed at their age. They were kind of like...whatever.

Boo to the kids, but I'm glad you had a fun time!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    quoted instead of edited. *face palm*

We've all done that AT LEAST once(or five times...).

At least you didn't fall off the treadmill?

Sorry @pofoster21 I had to poke a little fun. Hopefully the fall was mostly injury free.

OH and Sgt. Sexy Pants was in a motorcycle accident on the way to work today! :scream:

He ran his bike into a guard rail. He's dirty but okay. :lol:
    The motorcycle however.....uhm... Well let's just say he can't afford to take me on ANY dates for a while. :lol:

And OF COURSE he wouldn't tell me about it until the night's shift is almost over :grumble:

Oh no!! I'm glad SSP is OK.
    I'm another one who gets really excited about things - why not enjoy life?
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    Does anyone have any sites that they would recommend that would show good form videos for lifting?

The Stronglifts site has lots of video and "do's and don't's" for the five lifts you do in it. I really like how it shows side-by-side comparisons of what it should look like vs what it shouldn't look like.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    As far as the discussion on workout clothes I buy a lot of my newer workout clothes at Wal-Mart. Another place I find workout clothes pretty dirt cheap are thrift stores. The best time to hit up the thrift stores are either 50% off days or if you're a senior citizen & they offer a special discount day.

I've found Under Armour, Nike, Reebok, & New Balance that looked like it was in new condition.

Speaking of clothing where do most of you shop for your clothing? Where do you do the majority of your grocery shopping?

For groceries I mainly go to Walmart, Costco and Sobeys since they're the most convenient.

Workout clothes are Lulu Lemon. I know they're expensive, but I've had most of it for 4+ years. They get worn & washed weekly and are still in really good condition. From what I understand, their newer stuff isn't as good though.

I buy most of my work clothes from Ricki's. Other things are picked up from wherever I wander into at the mall. I never know where to shop, and I hate shopping so I only go out when I'm forced to. I'll have to go out this weekend :disappointed: because I desperately need new clothes.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon That shirt is adorable!! What a great color too!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I have anxiety over this. :(

You can ask me or quiksylver! (Or Lois - I think that's what she is doing too). Have you looked at the app yet?

Very briefly. I watched the video for workout A but haven't gotten around to watching workout B yet. I am planning on starting next week, so I will watch B sometime this weekend or something. My plan is to supplement my HIIT with the SL 5x5 so I will do it on Tuesday and Thursday and maybe Saturday. I don't know yet, because I haven't checked out the program yet.

Any help you ladies could offer, would be tremendously helpful and greatly appreciated.

Yay for taking the plunge! I really wish you lived here and I would totally work out with you.

If you've been doing circuits already I bet you'll be able to start with the starting weights, but if you need to do dumbells at lower weights, do it. At first I think integrating SL with your HIIT will be fine, but you might see a point where you really need the rest day and you might not want to be doing HIIT MWF and SL TTS. For instance, I thought I would go on a run this morning, my buns disagreed after my lifts yesterday, and I want to make sure I do well tomorrow, so today will just be walking. I'm trying to be super aggressive with upping weight though, which is not necessary it's just my goal right now.

Don't get frustrated if you stay at a weight for a long time (trying to give advice that I should take myself). Having good form is more important.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    As far as the discussion on workout clothes I buy a lot of my newer workout clothes at Wal-Mart. Another place I find workout clothes pretty dirt cheap are thrift stores. The best time to hit up the thrift stores are either 50% off days or if you're a senior citizen & they offer a special discount day.

I've found Under Armour, Nike, Reebok, & New Balance that looked like it was in new condition.

Speaking of clothing where do most of you shop for your clothing? Where do you do the majority of your grocery shopping?

Rant ahead...and I'm sorry, because I know it sounds like a humblebrag and I swear that's not the intention...it really is very frustrating because I'm not even an especially tiny person.

I have a tough time with clothes because my frame is such that I'm on the border of not fitting into women's sizes, so I often have to seek out juniors' stuff that's appropriate for adults or scour stores with smaller more "European" sizing like Zara. Almost all my non-work stuff is either from the kids' section (Costco, a lot of the time) or from cheapo juniors' stores. And I have as much stretchy stuff as I can get away with for work, lots of wool sweaters and skinny trousers that are basically dress-pants-jeggings. Stores like Banana Republic, J Crew, Loft, and Express where lots of women my age shop for work basics are so vanity-sized I can't buy a pair of pants that fits there anymore because I have no butt. Fortunately all that loose, unstructured stuff, especially for tops, is in style now even for work so I've had options lately, though.

I'm that practically-thirty-year-old flipping through every rack at H&M and Forever 21 looking for stuff that doesn't belong on a girl half my age.

For exercise, I do kids' stuff from Costco, Victoria's Secret PINK leggings, and I do buy a LOT of Lululemon and I'm sorry. I am also that person who buys $100 hoodies and leggings sometimes. But the fit is beautiful, they are so comfortable, and they're sturdy too.

Try being the 51 year old flipping through the juniors' racks because the grown-up women's clothing seems to be styled/sized for gals with much larger hips/bums and bosoms than mine. :/

At least in my case the casual onlooker will probably think I'm shopping for my daughter or even granddaughter. :D Until I hold something up to me to eyeball the length.

I do like RW... they do "grown up" without crossing the "frumpy" line. Most of my clothing comes from online shopping or Winners (and TJMax when in US). Almost all of my workout wear is Winners/TJMax, with a few Old Navy tops in there... their pants are never long enough for me, unless I can find talls.

Most of my major grocery shopping is Superstore/No Frills. (Needless to say, their Joe pants are too short too.)

It's my future, haha. I just don't care anymore though because what else am I supposed to do? Buy everything too big and spend more money to have it tailored? Nope, I don't want to spend the extra so apart from a couple nice skirt suits I had altered for big meetings and stuff I'd rather just keep digging for appropriate clothes in teen stores.

I HAVE a chest and hips and women's stuff still doesn't fit most of the time...yet the stuff my mom wore as a size 8 in the 80s fits perfectly, so go figure. She nearly fainted when I bought a wedding dress in a 0 (I'm ten pounds heavier than she was and her dress was, again, an 8), thinking I'd lost my mind, but that is really how much sizes have changed compared to when she was my age.

I agree with you @peleroja that they definitely vanity size clothing nowadays! I range in pants anywhere from a 6-10 & I'm around 158-163 pounds (I haven't weighed myself recently due to PMS coming) & shirts range from a small in some to an extra large (I buy some clothes bigger to layer). The pants I have in a 6 that fit are Ann Taylor. I agree that Banana Republic, Gap, & Old Navy seem to be the worst at vanity sizing.

My mom has some old bell bottoms that I occasionally try on & I can pull them over my butt at least but it's so high waisted & there's many buttons that there's no way in Hades I could ever dream of buttoning them. They're pretty hideous any ways.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Hmm clothes shopping- first places I love to hit are Francesca's, Nordstrom Rack, and Old Navy. Then anywhere after that is usually H&M and Macy's. Love shopping for clothes but only when I'm feeling comfortable with my weight. Which right now I'm not :(

Grocery shopping my go to's are Kroger and Trader Joe's LOVE LOVE LOVE

I do all my toiletry shopping at Wal-Mart. It's way too expensive anywhere else to buy my toiletries!!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options

I hate shopping for clothes, HATE. I seriously have a few items from high school and undergrad (I'm 33) still I still wear because I don't want to go shopping. I tried Stichfix for a while - you tell them your size and what you like and they send you things - and it was OK for a while, but I felt like they really wanted to dress me like my undergrads and didn't listen to what I said I wanted. I need to cave and do a serious shopping adventure but I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Food - I confess that I'm a total snob. I shop farmers' markets and our local co-op for produce/carbs and I buy all my meat directly from farmers that have good animal-happiness practices. Our mortgage is the only thing that is a bigger part of our budget than food, but I really love my food.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Hmm clothes shopping- first places I love to hit are Francesca's, Nordstrom Rack, and Old Navy. Then anywhere after that is usually H&M and Macy's. Love shopping for clothes but only when I'm feeling comfortable with my weight. Which right now I'm not :(

Grocery shopping my go to's are Kroger and Trader Joe's LOVE LOVE LOVE

I do all my toiletry shopping at Wal-Mart. It's way too expensive anywhere else to buy my toiletries!!

I wish we had a Nordstrom Rack! I've only been to one & that was when my sister lived in Hawaii. I also wish we had a Trader Joe's. There are a few Aldi's around which are owned by the same family.

I did download the Posh Mark app, but have never shopped on it.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @orangesmartie I'm happy you're back! I was wondering where @Susieq_1994 was too? @BZAH10 hasn't been around for a good while now :(

@lilaclovebird keep your head up you are gorgeous! And I agree with @lois_1989 unfriend him!

@LBuehrle8 and @lois_1989 thank you for your kind words and encouragement. He is unfriended.

Sgt Sexy Pants was just frustrated because of work and motorcycle stuff and kinda took it out on me a little(why we were at odds). When he apologized for that and found out about the picture thing he felt kinda helpless in that situation. Things are better now.

My coworker Carlos said it best:
    "From what I've seen of you, anyone dumb enough to let you walk away from them doesn't deserve your time, energy, or thoughts anymore after that point." Sgt. Sexy Pants sent me a text with a ringing endorsement of this statement and I got chocolate. :naughty:

This statement from Carlos is a HUGE deal to me because he doesn't actually see all that much of me aside from the staff meetings. He also doesn't get along with a lot of the other people we work with.
    He also said to go workout because I want to, not because someone made me angry or upset. That motivation only lasts so long and will only get you so far.

I love that!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't bought workout clothes very recently (Nike running shorts and that it) I have quite a stash of clothes going from when I first started losing on top of stuff I get for Christmas/birthday and all my race tee's.

Office clothes tend to be from Express or Dynamite. I don't shop often, I enjoy shopping when I go but with trying to save for a house I've been buckling down.

Groceries are either from a local market here or Food Basics. Our grocery budget is currently massive since the both of us eat a lot and eat a protein rich diet, we're trying to find some ways to cut that cost down as well. Adulting is hard guys! Lol
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    For workout clothes, I will hit the JCP clearance racks, I find lots of good shirts in there and if I mess them up, it was only $3-$5; or I will go to Walmart, even though I hate going there for much of anything. Ours is the dumping ground for all their trainees and the employees are usually less than helpful. I have been doing some shopping for myself online and it has worked out ok there. I will be really excited when I can go into a shop and try on things that are no longer 2x, almost there.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I clothing shop at Target or Kohl's usually, sometimes Maurices but they are a little more expensive. Grocery shopping is a local chain because they are the cheapest and have the best selection.

I just bought this top at Maurice's and I LOVE IT!!! This is the front and back view. I love how modest, yet sexy it is.
    yczps1s4q7ry.jpg
    5kmcq3y4bxs0.jpg

I love it too... and my question is, what the heck kind of bra do you wear with it?
    It's my future, haha. I just don't care anymore though because what else am I supposed to do? Buy everything too big and spend more money to have it tailored? Nope, I don't want to spend the extra so apart from a couple nice skirt suits I had altered for big meetings and stuff I'd rather just keep digging for appropriate clothes in teen stores.

I HAVE a chest and hips and women's stuff still doesn't fit most of the time...yet the stuff my mom wore as a size 8 in the 80s fits perfectly, so go figure. She nearly fainted when I bought a wedding dress in a 0 (I'm ten pounds heavier than she was and her dress was, again, an 8), thinking I'd lost my mind, but that is really how much sizes have changed compared to when she was my age.

There are a few items of clothing still kicking around from my early 20's, most of which are a size 5. And they fit rather snugly these days, since I'm about 11 or so lbs heavier than I was when I first wore them.

I'm normally swimming in today's size 5. Those would be the pants that my friend calls my "saggy-*kitten*" pants, that apparently look like I might have pooed in them. :o

At the other end of the spectrum, I will often buy Medium tops where length is an issue since the bigger size will get me more length in sleeves and body.

Don't get frustrated if you stay at a weight for a long time (trying to give advice that I should take myself). Having good form is more important.

I'll second this!! Awesome advice... that I needed to hear too.
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Nice work @orangesmartie !! I think I'll give the SL 5x5 program a whirl. My husband already has the app on his phone and seemed excited about doing it with me. I have knees that are a little sensitive, so I'm REALLY hoping the squats go ok. Thanks @Lois_1989 @WestCoastJo82 @nonoelmo @ythannah and all the other women lifters here who have inspired me to give this a shot!

I have one bad knee that is perfectly fine with squats, but I'm sure I do the world's sloooooowest squats because I'm scared something in there is going to snap. The knee itself is happier doing squats than it is walking up a flight of stairs.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I suspect this has been posted before but it is new to me. Happy ALMOST Friday.

weight-loss-cartoon-the-invisible-man-and-wonder-woman.jpg
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Update : At The Lion King! I admit I am way more excited than my family. Sigh. I think they will be happy once we have seen it. For $179 a piece I am a bit disappointed in these seats.

The show was amazing. I loved it. My niece and nephew enjoyed it I think. Tip admit to being a bit disappointed in their overall reaction to both being in the city and the show. I would have been overjoyed at their age. They were kind of like...whatever.

Kids these days....I am 26 and I still would have been ECSTATIC! The city, the show EVERYTHING would have me like WOAH!*

*Note: I have been told that I get a bit too over enthusiastic about some things.

Someone(who shall remain Sexy and nameless) told me that I get ecstatic over EVERY SINGLE POUND and that I should learn to control myself.
    I told him that was me SHOWING I can control myself. I am LOSING which means I am controlling myself! :lol:
    Besides, this is the lowest weight I have been in EIGHT(8) YEARS! So he can suck it up when it comes to my excitement.

ETA: I can math....

Yeah I have been told I will always be disappointed in people as I expect too much from them. I still get excited going into the city. Like a kid (except these kids don't get excited). I am bummed they weren't way more into it.

I would have been sad by that reaction as well. I'm like lilaclovebird because I get excited about a lot of things. I would have loved to have gone to the city and to have seen the show. :)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

Kids these days....I am 26 and I still would have been ECSTATIC! The city, the show EVERYTHING would have me like WOAH!*

*Note: I have been told that I get a bit too over enthusiastic about some things.

Someone(who shall remain Sexy and nameless) told me that I get ecstatic over EVERY SINGLE POUND and that I should learn to control myself.
    I told him that was me SHOWING I can control myself. I am LOSING which means I am controlling myself! :lol:
    Besides, this is the lowest weight I have been in EIGHT(8) YEARS! So he can suck it up when it comes to my excitement.

ETA: I can math....

Yeah I have been told I will always be disappointed in people as I expect too much from them. I still get excited going into the city. Like a kid (except these kids don't get excited). I am bummed they weren't way more into it.

I would have been sad by that reaction as well. I'm like lilaclovebird because I get excited about a lot of things. I would have loved to have gone to the city and to have seen the show. :)

Oh and Lilaclovebird-I'm glad your boyfriend is okay.