Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

I used to... now I don't care that much anymore. I still frequently change into PJs at 5pm or something though... which has been embarrassing a couple times when people showed up unexpectedly.
    Yep. I pretty much always change into pajamas when I get home, and don't remove them at all if I'm staying in... so whenever a neighbor stops by or a postman shows up at my door to deliver something I didn't expect, it's embarrassing (I usually try and quickly change into some jeans at least). I feel so lazy :lol:

I change into PJs as soon as I get home too, and I do not get embarrassed at all....why am I gonna sit around in clothes at home??

I like the way you think. In fact, we should be able to wear PJs in public. Maximum comfort for everyone, always.

As soon as I come in the yoga pants and oversize tee go on and the bra comes off. If someone stops by the only thing I do is put the bra back on.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    So I think I diagnosed myself wrong.

The tooth doesn't hurt anymore but my jawline and part of my neck are swollen. Good thing I'm on antibiotics.

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've abandoned trying to keep up - it's bothering me to do so, but this was becoming my only work break, and I like variety in my work-break life :) Hope all is well with everyone (and hope things gt better soon for those of you who had bad weekends).

@Tubbs216 and @FluffySandwich - so this whole visa/work-permit processing thing is completely foreign (but curious) to me. So if something takes over 4 years to process, are you still allowed to work where you currently live, as long as you are in process? And you have to pay to apply to live in another country, not like a $20 processing fee or something? Obviously, ignore me or tell me it's none of my business, but I knew we aren't allowed to just say " hey I want to live in this country now" but I didn't think it was that difficult/costly/time-consuming.

I looked into moving to Canada a few years back (from the UK) via a work visa based on the list of highky demanded jobs. You didn't need a job offer, you just needed to be qualified and experienced in one of the jobs on that list. The processing fees went into the $1000s. Plus before you even get there you need to pay for medicals, English language tests (even if you're English), police checks etc., so it is not cheap. Sadly for us, they changed the list of highly demanded jobs right at the last moment. So we'd paid for all the tests etc., then couldn't apply anyway as that visa path was now closed. The super crap part is you have to be ready to jump when the list of highly demanded jobs is published, because each type of job is capped at a particular number, and if you waited the months it takes to get all the testing done, the cap would be filled. I was pretty bitter about it! I didn't pay any processing fees, but the testing was expensive in itself. Oh well, Canada's loss. Still, I think we could have made it!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol
    I don't think anything boosts the self-esteem more than trying on and fitting into smaller sizes, and realising they actually look great!

You go Glen Coco!

The last line of this post is why I wish you were my mom, SO COOL LADY!
    Haha! It's unavoidable in my house. Anyone picking anyone else up in the car is required to shout "Get in loser, we're going shopping". We're all actually fluent in movie quotes. They come and go, but since last night was a re-watch of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, today there's lots of London slang and "It's been emotional"s.
    Me and my boyfriend just use random quotes that probably no one else knows about. For example there is a show here, not sure if you've seen it (or you may have seen the older one they did before) where they've followed people who were giving birth around the new year 2000. They show it every few years to see how the kids are growing up and developing differently. I actually really love this show and now want to know when it'll be on next. They'll be 15 now! But one year when they were about 5 or 6 they were showing them logos and one of the kids said 'i've been to tesco', in quite a sing-song way, when shown the logo for a large supermarket. We now never, ever make a trip to tesco without announcing 'i've been to tesco'.

I now feel super uncool compared to you with your lock stock quotes...

I'm in the 'uncool quote' club. There was a McDonalds ad on ages ago (I think it was for them) focused around some ongoing footie tournament. Someone trips up and someone else chants 'you fell over' in a footbally fashion. We still chant 'you fell over' whenever someone does. Also many old Simpsons quotes going on here. 'You're living in the past Marge, quit living in the past!'
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    AprilAY3 wrote: »
    There's always one day before my period starts where I am starving all day long and I don't stay within my calories. I eat about 300 cals more than I log on that day (still keep track and weigh, but don't log it) and I don't feel bad about it since it's only one day a month and I figure my body needs more calories on that day anyway. I don't log because I don't want to be judged! Haha.

Be glad you only go 300 over those days, lol.
  • Francl27
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Ugh it cut my post off. My question was does anyone have ONLY Netflix or Hulu? How does that work for you??

I used to, but it was before I got hooked to shows on BBC America, USA, or Syfy that are not always on Hulu... and at the time all the channel sites had shows for free online too (now for most of them you need to sign up with your cable provider).

My suggestion is to see if the shows you watch are on Hulu and make your decision from there. At the same time, even if you only watch one show that isn't on either... it would still be cheaper to buy the Amazon subscription for that show than to pay for cable I would think.
  • Francl27
    Options
    So I was up at 5am starving and I just know it's going to be one of those days. My fault because I have 40oz of coffee yesterday and I couldn't fall asleep until midnight or something... so today is going to suck.

On a side note, it's my last 6.5 hours of peace and quiet until September (Gosh, said it that way, I kinda want to cry), and this time I'm planning to make it a rest day... for real. Just probably lift some weights later tonight when the kids are home. And maybe my last grocery shopping trip in peace too...
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Over the weekend, mostly Saturday, I spent an excessive amount of time trying on dresses to take to Florida, because I've somehow convinced myself that wearing them as opposed to shorts and tanks would be easier or whatever. Anywho, one of the places I went was Maurices and I must have tried on 12 dresses and a couple shirts. I ended up with one shirt and very low self-esteem (the ginormous bruise on leg didn't help). I didn't fare much better at Target, where I'm sure I tried on just as many (although I did buy a dress and a skirt), Dress Barn (found one dress but it's too nice to be a beach dress I think), or Old Navy (bought 2 tanks that I LOVE).

I have very broad shoulders and now that I've been working out, they are more muscular. I didn't think it would be so damn hard to find summer dresses, but it's been close to impossible and I more or less have given up looking for anything else and will just make due with the few things I found and the things I already had.

Side note: My oh so sweet and wonderful husband has questionable taste when it comes to dresses. I was frightened by some of his choices.

Maybe he is trying to tell you he wants to see you in something like that. Just how questionable are we talking here??

Yeah, it needs to be known whether questionable means risque or is he trying to dress you in a bubblegum pink poodle skirt, neon orange leg warmers paired with a banana yellow poet shirt and plastic lime green hoop earrings type of thing?
  • Kalici
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Do any of you actually send messages to your MFP friends if they've disappeared for a period of time? There are a couple people that I like and would hate to see quit, but I'm not sure what to say and if it's weird to send them a "where are you" message.
    No, but I've wondered about that too. I assume it only shows up on their MFP message list, not an external email, so if they're not checking in, they wouldn't see it anyway..?

I have it set to send notifications to my email, but I can't remember if that was the default option or not.

• Kalici
    Options
    april10472 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

Is this fantasizing where you're imagining the steak and potatoes you'll have later or are you looking at the other person and thinking, "Your lips would be wonderful in a soup"? ;)
  • Kalici
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @riderfangal
    I'm sorry for your loss. :(

• edetherington
    edetherington Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Last Sunday was my 29th Birthday and my wife and I's first wedding anniversary. We had people over on Saturday and started day drinking around noonish... We had a taco bar for food (lots of fresh veggies) and my wife bought me a huge birthday cake (which is going with her to work today). Stepped on the scale Monday morning and I was up almost 8 pounds from last week! Time to get back to the grind!
  • Kalici
    Options
    amyford25 wrote: »
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Awesome! I hope you enjoyed it and glad you found help.
  • Kalici
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    My friend is supposed to be bringing her kids over today (5 & 2) and while I like seeing them, I'm also kind of dreading it. Her kids get super excited about seeing my dog but have no idea how to properly behave around them.
    They shriek and cry and run around and try to sneak up behind her to pet her. My dog is 2, I've had her for 6 months. She was never exposed to kids with her previous owners and only once or twice since she's been with me.
    My friend won't do anything about the way they act either. She shrugs and says "Oh well, they have to learn" and I HATE IT! Yes, they need to learn, but not by being bitten! And she obviously doesn't understand how upset I
    would be, and that it would be me and my dog who would get the blame.
    Your house your rules. Kids can see the dog when the are sitting quietly. Bring dog out. Talk to kids and explain then put dog in a quiet room away from kids. Calm but firm. You know that Any dog has the potential to harm and you are not willing to put the kids, the dog, or yourself in a potentially bad situation. If friend doesn't like it a firm calm restating of your boundaries. I love you and your kids. I love dog. I'm not willing to have the kids at risk by the dog reacting to their attempts to play. Dog is not a toy and is not used to kids. Kids are inadvertently acting in a manner that dog can see as a threat. End of discussion. Don't be bullied into a situation that you are not comfortable being in.

I agree with all of this ...but I wouldn't want to have to put my dog in another room. We had a very grumpy Dachshund with a lot of medical problems. Our guests were always told what they were allowed/not allowed to do around him. It was his house too..he shouldn't have to be put away. Your friend needs to respect your house and your rules...your dog shouldn't have to suffer and be shut away(IMO).
    And now I'm sad talking about him because today actually marks the one year anniversary of his death. He was 15.5 years old. RIP <3
    <3
    Has anyone watched that new show The Briefcase?

I watched an episode the other night

May I ask what you think of it?

It was interesting. I think it could lead to some hurt feelings though. I don't know if there's more than one episode, I saw the one with an older couple from Texas, and a same-sex couple from Boston. I thought it was funny how the Texas couple was so proud of themselves and talked themselves up to give $25,000 (which is generous), and then the other couple gave them almost the full $100,000.

It came on after something I was watching & I didn't change the channel. I didn't hate it, but I won't be seeking out other episodes.

what did you think?

There has been three episodes so far. The first episode both couples actually chose to give away all the money to each other.

After three episodes, I am feeling a bit disgruntled that the families they are helping are in a higher income bracket than I thought they would be. Do not get me wrong, yes, they have debt issues and such, but the one couple had no children and their income was $71,000 annual. They were talking about how nice it was to have that first thousand dollars they get to spend to take to the grocery store and could actually buy meat and produce.....um, what?

There are families with children that live on less than a third of that.....

Is it because I am in Canada? Like I am pretty sure minimum wage is lower in the states than here.....so how can you not live on 70K a year? If you worked a minimum wage job wouldn't your income be more like 15K?

It would depend on the area they're in. That amount could make it really hard to afford things in certain areas in this country. However, you're not wrong that there are a lot of people who take home less than 15k and some have kids.

• Kalici
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?

Ironically, answering that question would be a violation of the rules. Can't have people breaking the strictly upheld rules around here, ya know ;)

Ugh! Curiosity is going to kill us all. Alright, so that was a slight exaggeration. It is going to maim me at least. Okay, okay, but it definitely caused this hangnail!
  • Kalici
    Options
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.

What flavour did you try?
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I have dimples too. The one on my right side is bigger than the left.
    I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I'm in the "I wish I had dimples" club

They're not dimples but I always wanted freckles :(

Oh, dimples/freckles! I have neither. I feel like that makes me boring.

My daughter has freckles across the bridge or her nose and the top of her cheeks and I think they're adorable. Neither my husband or I have freckles. I think she got them from her grandma on his side. There are no freckles in my family.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Do any of you actually send messages to your MFP friends if they've disappeared for a period of time? There are a couple people that I like and would hate to see quit, but I'm not sure what to say and if it's weird to send them a "where are you" message.
    No, but I've wondered about that too. I assume it only shows up on their MFP message list, not an external email, so if they're not checking in, they wouldn't see it anyway..?

I sent messages to two people that were on this thread, but aren't anymore to see how they were doing. It was just a quick 'noticed that you haven't logged in lately...everything ok' kind of email. Both were received very well...I didn't want them to think I was a stalker. My phone notifies me when someone sends me a message, so I see it even if I don't log in. Actually I get an email to my gmail and a MFP notification, and I really should update the settings.
  • Kalici
    Options
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I'm right there with you. Seriously freaking creepy. Also might be illegal.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Ugh it cut my post off. My question was does anyone have ONLY Netflix or Hulu? How does that work for you??

We only had Netflix for awhile when our cable boxes quit. It was fine at first, but eventually you get to the point where you've seen everything you want to watch and they don't get new releases all that often. It takes awhile to get to that point, though. The price is definitely right.