Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got my self tanner in the mail and forced myself to try it (I was scared!) I have to say... I kind of like the results! The list of things that could go wrong was enormous: too dark, streaks, orangeness, weird deposits of dark color around certain areas, horrible smell. So at first I only tried my legs.

The color isn't very dark at all... I can probably make it darker if I apply more coats, but I don't want to be super dark. It gives me more of a slight ''golden glow,'' if that makes sense. I didn't notice that the smell was bad until I rubbed it on my upper body... it stinks. At least now the smell seems to have faded.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I have dimples too. The one on my right side is bigger than the left.
    I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I have dimples in my thighs...oh, wait, that's cellulite.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol
    I don't think anything boosts the self-esteem more than trying on and fitting into smaller sizes, and realising they actually look great!

You go Glen Coco!

The last line of this post is why I wish you were my mom, SO COOL LADY!
    Haha! It's unavoidable in my house. Anyone picking anyone else up in the car is required to shout "Get in loser, we're going shopping". We're all actually fluent in movie quotes. They come and go, but since last night was a re-watch of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, today there's lots of London slang and "It's been emotional"s.
    Me and my boyfriend just use random quotes that probably no one else knows about. For example there is a show here, not sure if you've seen it (or you may have seen the older one they did before) where they've followed people who were giving birth around the new year 2000. They show it every few years to see how the kids are growing up and developing differently. I actually really love this show and now want to know when it'll be on next. They'll be 15 now! But one year when they were about 5 or 6 they were showing them logos and one of the kids said 'i've been to tesco', in quite a sing-song way, when shown the logo for a large supermarket. We now never, ever make a trip to tesco without announcing 'i've been to tesco'.

I now feel super uncool compared to you with your lock stock quotes...

I'm in the 'uncool quote' club. There was a McDonalds ad on ages ago (I think it was for them) focused around some ongoing footie tournament. Someone trips up and someone else chants 'you fell over' in a footbally fashion. We still chant 'you fell over' whenever someone does. Also many old Simpsons quotes going on here. 'You're living in the past Marge, quit living in the past!'

But the past is when we wore onions on our belts and I look damned hot with an onion on my belt.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Thanks @MoHousdon and @Glinda1971. Tomorrow will be better. I had a friend die of a heart attack, it was my son's weekend with his dad (that's never a good thing) and I ate way to much. On a positive note though I was down a half pound on my weigh in this morning.

So sorry to hear that.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Ugh it cut my post off. My question was does anyone have ONLY Netflix or Hulu? How does that work for you??

We always suspend the cable during the summer so right now we just have Netflix. It's fine, really. It forces us to consciously choose something to watch instead of just turning the TV on and picking whatever. The cable's coming back on for the new Walking Dead show in August, though. I have limits!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I have dimples too. The one on my right side is bigger than the left.
    I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I have dimples in my thighs...oh, wait, that's cellulite.

:smile: Dimples sounds so much cuter.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago I realized that I never knew what exactly my dimples were caused by (besides genetics), so I looked it up and found out it's a facial muscle deformity. ''Specifically, the presence of a double or bifid zygomaticus major muscle may explain the formation of cheek dimples.''

Besides the dimples on my cheeks, I also have a manmade dimple on the side of my face where I banged my head at a young age. When I smile it dents in with the others (must have been a hard banging of the head :lol: )
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

I had B&J's Salted Caramel Core last night, the one with blondies in it. Not impressed. I'm not a fan of blondies anyway. (Who wants a blondie when you could have a brownie?) I am going to be stalking the stores looking for more The Tonight Dough. In case you can't read the description, "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough." Drooly, drool, drool!

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

1) Salted Caramel is my lifeblood.

2) I don't have the option to eat chocolate, so that may have something to do with it.

I bought the vanilla and lemon cake Halo Top! The pints are SUPER lightweight. It's kind of weird. They're also $$$. :/

They were $4.99 at Wegmans, which isn't too bad.. I mean expensive enough that it's not going to be an every day thing obviously, but at least it's not $6.99 like some other ones I've seen. Haven't checked Whole Foods yet.
    april10472 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

I've had to rewind some TV shows I was watching at night because I kept thinking about my breakfast the next morning and wasn't paying attention at all...

That's definitely cheaper than the Jeni's at $12.00 a pint.

I wish stores around me carried Gelato Fiacso.

Did you hear about Jeni's ice cream in Columbus, Ohio? I think it's only affected the ice cream here but I'm not 100% sure!

According to their website they just did another recall from Listeria. I had ordered four pints off their website before the first recall & ended up throwing The Brambleberry Crisp away after hearing about the recall. Well I won't lie, I mostly threw that one out cause I didn't care for the flavor.

I had ordered Savannah Buttermint (Easter exclusive)=really good, Goat Cheese & Red Cherries=pretty good, Brown Butter Almond Brittle=I devoured that pint in no time.

The other brand Blue Bell that suffered with the Listeria issue I have never seen in PA stores. We have Blue Bunny (crappy ice cream), Turkey Hill (most of the flavors are good), Breyers, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, & Talenti.

Blue Bell will be back soon!!! I will be in line with all the other folks that can get this wonderful stuff to buy it.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    All the pancake talking on other threads made me want them. So I made them and ate them. So many calories, but so yummy. I also made oatmeal cookie batter that was way too tempting so I had to pour dish soap on it and throw it away. On the plus side I believe I have finally broken through my plateau!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

I had B&J's Salted Caramel Core last night, the one with blondies in it. Not impressed. I'm not a fan of blondies anyway. (Who wants a blondie when you could have a brownie?) I am going to be stalking the stores looking for more The Tonight Dough. In case you can't read the description, "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough." Drooly, drool, drool!

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

2) I don't have the option to eat chocolate, so that may have something to do with it.

I bought the vanilla and lemon cake Halo Top! The pints are SUPER lightweight. It's kind of weird. They're also $$$. :/

They were $4.99 at Wegmans, which isn't too bad.. I mean expensive enough that it's not going to be an every day thing obviously, but at least it's not $6.99 like some other ones I've seen. Haven't checked Whole Foods yet.
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

I've had to rewind some TV shows I was watching at night because I kept thinking about my breakfast the next morning and wasn't paying attention at all...

Did you hear about Jeni's ice cream in Columbus, Ohio? I think it's only affected the ice cream here but I'm not 100% sure!

According to their website they just did another recall from Listeria. I had ordered four pints off their website before the first recall & ended up throwing The Brambleberry Crisp away after hearing about the recall. Well I won't lie, I mostly threw that one out cause I didn't care for the flavor.

I had ordered Savannah Buttermint (Easter exclusive)=really good, Goat Cheese & Red Cherries=pretty good, Brown Butter Almond Brittle=I devoured that pint in no time.

The other brand Blue Bell that suffered with the Listeria issue I have never seen in PA stores. We have Blue Bunny (crappy ice cream), Turkey Hill (most of the flavors are good), Breyers, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, & Talenti.

Blue Bell will be back soon!!! I will be in line with all the other folks that can get this wonderful stuff to buy it.

You can't find Blue Bell in the North unfortunately! We have Yuengling ice cream though... it's pretty good!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    I confess that even though I do actually have sufficient willpower to resist a large meal at McDonalds on a normal occasion, the fact that they have free Coke glasses at the moment means I want to collect them. I have four out of the six, heh.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    amyford25 wrote: »
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement![/quote

Great job on the lifting!! Glad you found some women to make you feel more at ease. Keep up the good work.
  • DBC68
    DBC68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

Similarly, I add 1 to 1.5 lbs to my "recorded" weight compared to what my scale says, and I only log when my weight reaches a new low. It feels good to look at my report and see only consistent losses, and when there aren't losses, I can remind myself that I've been adding a pound each time anyways.

That's actually a great idea - only logging when weight reaches a new low. Going to do that.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    Ok...here's one I'm reluctant to post but since this is the no judgment room, here it goes:

I haven't been on a date in just over 10 years. (No, not married).
  • kellienw335
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

I used to... now I don't care that much anymore. I still frequently change into PJs at 5pm or something though... which has been embarrassing a couple times when people showed up unexpectedly.
    Yep. I pretty much always change into pajamas when I get home, and don't remove them at all if I'm staying in... so whenever a neighbor stops by or a postman shows up at my door to deliver something I didn't expect, it's embarrassing (I usually try and quickly change into some jeans at least). I feel so lazy :lol:

Yep! Me too!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Anyone going to watch Fuller House when it airs? For those not familiar with Fuller House it's supposed to be a new incarnation of Full House starring Candace Cameron (DJ), Jodie Sweeten (Stephanie), & Andrea Barber (Kimmy Gibbler). Uncle Jesse better be on it, have mercy! Everyone keeps making a big deal about if the Olsen twins will be on it, but in my opinion they were the worst part of the show in the later years.

Thank you for making my day SO MUCH better! Have Mercy!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I confess...

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.

What flavour did you try?

I actually don't remember, because it was in the middle of some kind of renaming drive for charity and it had two names. :-/ I remember that it had a fudge core. And that I didn't like it much--It tasted like cheap ice cream to me. And it was ROCK HARD and nearly bent my spoon! I had to microwave it for thirty seconds just to scoop it. O.o
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I'm right there with you. Seriously freaking creepy. Also might be illegal.

It is illegal. A woman in that situation charged her husband with rape a few months ago, although that story was even creepier than that confession...
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    has anyone ever heard of superman ice cream? I've never tried it because it's not here in VA but friends up north rave and rave about it as the best ever.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I confess...

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

You can't find Blue Bell in the North unfortunately! We have Yuengling ice cream though... it's pretty good!

They import Blue Bell here, but by the time it arrives in the stores, it's nasty. It always somehow melts on the way here (faulty refrigeration? Dunno) and forms ice crystals and tastes all weird. Also, it's almost completely solid since it melted and refroze... ;)