Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

I had B&J's Salted Caramel Core last night, the one with blondies in it. Not impressed. I'm not a fan of blondies anyway. (Who wants a blondie when you could have a brownie?) I am going to be stalking the stores looking for more The Tonight Dough. In case you can't read the description, "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough." Drooly, drool, drool!

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

1) Salted Caramel is my lifeblood.

2) I don't have the option to eat chocolate, so that may have something to do with it.

I bought the vanilla and lemon cake Halo Top! The pints are SUPER lightweight. It's kind of weird. They're also $$$. :/

They were $4.99 at Wegmans, which isn't too bad.. I mean expensive enough that it's not going to be an every day thing obviously, but at least it's not $6.99 like some other ones I've seen. Haven't checked Whole Foods yet.
    april10472 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

I've had to rewind some TV shows I was watching at night because I kept thinking about my breakfast the next morning and wasn't paying attention at all...

That's definitely cheaper than the Jeni's at $12.00 a pint.

I wish stores around me carried Gelato Fiacso.

Did you hear about Jeni's ice cream in Columbus, Ohio? I think it's only affected the ice cream here but I'm not 100% sure!

According to their website they just did another recall from Listeria. I had ordered four pints off their website before the first recall & ended up throwing The Brambleberry Crisp away after hearing about the recall. Well I won't lie, I mostly threw that one out cause I didn't care for the flavor.

I had ordered Savannah Buttermint (Easter exclusive)=really good, Goat Cheese & Red Cherries=pretty good, Brown Butter Almond Brittle=I devoured that pint in no time.

The other brand Blue Bell that suffered with the Listeria issue I have never seen in PA stores. We have Blue Bunny (crappy ice cream), Turkey Hill (most of the flavors are good), Breyers, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, & Talenti.

Blue Bell will be back soon!!! I will be in line with all the other folks that can get this wonderful stuff to buy it.

You can't find Blue Bell in the North unfortunately! We have Yuengling ice cream though... it's pretty good!

Is that like Yuengling beer? if so, yummy!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    has anyone ever heard of superman ice cream? I've never tried it because it's not here in VA but friends up north rave and rave about it as the best ever.

Yeah it's a huge thing in MI. To me, it's just meh, because I ate 11 million ice cream cones of it as a kid, but I guess it's a good flavor.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    has anyone ever heard of superman ice cream? I've never tried it because it's not here in VA but friends up north rave and rave about it as the best ever.

I had to look it up, I've never heard of it. I'd try it!

Here in NY we have Perry's Ice Cream, which is pretty much the greatest ice cream in the history of ever.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.

What flavour did you try?

I actually don't remember, because it was in the middle of some kind of renaming drive for charity and it had two names. :-/ I remember that it had a fudge core. And that I didn't like it much--It tasted like cheap ice cream to me. And it was ROCK HARD and nearly bent my spoon! I had to microwave it for thirty seconds just to scoop it. O.o

Now here's something weird... I went and looked at the Ben & Jerry's website and couldn't find the flavor I tried! Now I'm determined to remember the exact name. *goes back over five thousand diary entries since the month of January* I'll be back when I find it! ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I confess...

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.

What flavour did you try?

I actually don't remember, because it was in the middle of some kind of renaming drive for charity and it had two names. :-/ I remember that it had a fudge core. And that I didn't like it much--It tasted like cheap ice cream to me. And it was ROCK HARD and nearly bent my spoon! I had to microwave it for thirty seconds just to scoop it. O.o

Now here's something weird... I went and looked at the Ben & Jerry's website and couldn't find the flavor I tried! Now I'm determined to remember the exact name. *goes back over five thousand diary entries since the month of January* I'll be back when I find it! ;)

Editing to add: It was called Core - Dough-ble Whammy. And I still can't find it on the site! Maybe they pulled it for tasting terrible...
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    So...I bit the bullet and applied to the MS program I was considering. Ordered my transcripts, too. I'm confident I'll get in (not cocky, just good GPA/GMAT scores so I'm golden), and DH and I came up with a plan for how to fit the work into home life. It's going to be an extremely part-time thing, though. I may only do 1 class/semester. I found a perfect program through my job of all places. We get a good tuition deal, no app fee, etc. So I'm excited for that.

Worked out hard last night, so scale is the same this am (but hey at least no gain!)
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    jaxass wrote: »
    Ok...here's one I'm reluctant to post but since this is the no judgment room, here it goes:

I haven't been on a date in just over 10 years. (No, not married).

Wow. Not judging at all, but: By choice?

I hope you switch hands once in awhile..!

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    amyford25 wrote: »
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

AWESOME! I <3 StrongLifts.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    So...I bit the bullet and applied to the MS program I was considering. Ordered my transcripts, too. I'm confident I'll get in (not cocky, just good GPA/GMAT scores so I'm golden), and DH and I came up with a plan for how to fit the work into home life. It's going to be an extremely part-time thing, though. I may only do 1 class/semester. I found a perfect program through my job of all places. We get a good tuition deal, no app fee, etc. So I'm excited for that.

Worked out hard last night, so scale is the same this am (but hey at least no gain!)

Awesome!!!
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Bravo! Congratulations! I'm so glad you went!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    So, the vanilla Halo Top was alright. I thought it had a slightly weird aftertaste, and didn't really care for the texture. Being so low in fat made it kind of crumbly instead of creamy. I'll try the lemon tonight, but I expect a similar situation.

I'd probably keep a pint in the freezer for dessert emergencies, but if I'm planning on a treat, I'm going to invest more delicious points and get something goooooood. ;)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Ok...here's one I'm reluctant to post but since this is the no judgment room, here it goes:

I'm guessing as this is a confession that this status might be something he would like to change.

OP I met my SO on a dating site. I found a number of great men but SO and I were very similar and compatible. There are options out there if indeed you want to be dating.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess...

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

I had B&J's Salted Caramel Core last night, the one with blondies in it. Not impressed. I'm not a fan of blondies anyway. (Who wants a blondie when you could have a brownie?) I am going to be stalking the stores looking for more The Tonight Dough. In case you can't read the description, "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough." Drooly, drool, drool!

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

1) Salted Caramel is my lifeblood.

2) I don't have the option to eat chocolate, so that may have something to do with it.

I bought the vanilla and lemon cake Halo Top! The pints are SUPER lightweight. It's kind of weird. They're also $$$. :/

They were $4.99 at Wegmans, which isn't too bad.. I mean expensive enough that it's not going to be an every day thing obviously, but at least it's not $6.99 like some other ones I've seen. Haven't checked Whole Foods yet.
    april10472 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

I've had to rewind some TV shows I was watching at night because I kept thinking about my breakfast the next morning and wasn't paying attention at all...

This made me laugh!
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

I'm guessing as this is a confession that this status might be something he would like to change.

OP I met my SO on a dating site. I found a number of great men but SO and I were very similar and compatible. There are options out there if indeed you want to be dating.

Not really. I wouldn't have a problem finding a date or 10, but prefer to spend my $ on others things. I also wouldn't call encounters with my lady friends dates. Dating, to me, means possibility. FWB closes the door to possibilities.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    My student loan payment just bumped up almost $200. Crap! I wasn't ready for that... :s

Why the increase?

I put it on a "graduated plan" where you pay less in the beginning and then it bumps up every two years. And I forgot it's been two years... :'(
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

Nope. Definitely not just you!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

Nope. Definitely not just you!

If I didn't wear a DD, I would. As it is, if I go braless I risk a black eye when I go up the stairs.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I'm so excited for you! Way to push out of your comfort zone!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?

Ironically, answering that question would be a violation of the rules. Can't have people breaking the strictly upheld rules around here, ya know ;)

Seriously?!? That's weird.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking Tim Hortons coffee out of a Starbucks cup right now :naughty:

I found Tim Hortons k-cups at my local grocery store this weekend and was faaaaar more excited than I probably should have been. I moved down to the United States from Canada 5 years ago and haven't had Tim Hortons coffee in a very long time, so to find it readily available so close to home was extremely emotional for me.