Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't been posting much. My co-workers is on holidays for 2 weeks so I am pulling double duty at the office and training a new person that just started at one of our branch locations. Little man had the stomach flu night before last so spent that evening cleaning up the major damage and last night doing all the laundry associated with above damage. Thankfully he was well enough to go to daycare yesterday or he would have been coming to work with me which, is no fun for anyone.

:frowning: Awww poor little man. I hope he is all better soon!

If his attitude is any indication he is 100 percent fine ;)

Glad to hear that - sick kiddies are no fun.

Thanks and no they are not :(
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @berlynnwall How's your Mom. I have been mostly skimming due to time constraints. Not sure if I missed an update

@orangesmarties So nice to see you back this morning!!!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I was bored and decided to watch Bridezillas on Netflix...I'm obsessed!!!!! (Runs and hides :s )

I sometimes watch Bridezillas as a guilty pleasure. In fact, my former BFF and I use to set the kids up in the bedroom or kitchen playing, and then watch it together while we ate our lunch. If you're not crazy, it's hilarious. I always wonder about the men who marry these ladies. Also on Netflix is a show called marriage bootcamp, and they have some of the couples from bridezillas on there getting relationship counselling. Surprise, surprise.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I forgot to share my latest NSV with you.

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Nice! What is pistachio salad? Sounds yummy.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

I thought we were the only people who made that! My mom makes it every Christmas. She calls it "snow salad". LOL

Marshmallows, pudding and whipped cream - yep, salad.

Yea my sister makes that too. I love it. She also makes one with cherry pie filling (it may be the picture below) and that is super tasty too!

My grandma made it at Thanksgiving. She called it Watergate Salad.

Speaking of cherry pie filling - has anyone tried the dessert where you substitute all the liquid ingredients in chocolate cake with a can of cherry pie filling? This is relevant to my interests.

My mom used to make a dark chocolate cake. Bake in a rectangle pan. Cook a bit (I don't know if all the way or not?) then put a can of cherry pie filling on it, then put whipped cream (or in her case probably cool-whip) over the top of all of that. The pan kept everything in place. It has been many years since I learned that I can't have the gluten or the egg or the dairy... but I remember it as being rich and tastey.

That sounds awesome.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am mighty jealous of my sister. She's super gorgeous, an amazing singer, hilarious, and makes friends easily. I know she gets sad and has flaws and insecurities like everyone else, but I always wished I could be just a little bit more like her. I love her to death.

... Also, I have to say those black bean brownies sound really good. I love subtle sweetness, which is why I am such a fan of red bean paste in Chinese desserts :tongue: More mellow and soft.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

I thought we were the only people who made that! My mom makes it every Christmas. She calls it "snow salad". LOL

Yea my sister makes that too. I love it. She also makes one with cherry pie filling (it may be the picture below) and that is super tasty too!

Speaking of cherry pie filling - has anyone tried the dessert where you substitute all the liquid ingredients in chocolate cake with a can of cherry pie filling? This is relevant to my interests.

My mom used to make a dark chocolate cake. Bake in a rectangle pan. Cook a bit (I don't know if all the way or not?) then put a can of cherry pie filling on it, then put whipped cream (or in her case probably cool-whip) over the top of all of that. The pan kept everything in place. It has been many years since I learned that I can't have the gluten or the egg or the dairy... but I remember it as being rich and tastey.

That sounds awesome.

My mom used to make this when I was a kid, too. I think it's a riff on a Black Forest Torte? I remember it being super sweet.
  • berlynnwall
    Options

I need this!!! Please point me in the direction.

I know, right! I posted a recipe a few posts ago that looks promising.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi, all,

Just giving a quick update, as I may be in and out over the next few days. I am at my Mom's for vacation with my sister and her 2 kids who are 14 (girl) and 10 (boy). We are going to NY today and visiting the new world trade center and then maybe the village and maybe the Empire State Bldg. Then Times Square tonight and dinner. Then I booked a hotel off of central park and in the AM we'll go for a long walk in central park (I am going to run there in the AM before they get up), lunch in central park and then I got us all tickets to the Lion King. I have never seen it and am SO excited.

I live 45 minutes from NY, used to work there daily, still go in a lot, and still get like a kid when I can go in and play tourist. I LOVE NYC!

Will take plenty of pics to share with you all when I can get them uploaded.

Take care... sorry have to say this... no politics and remember no swearing! (Excusing yourself or apologizing to the people who don't like it before you swear still counts as swearing...). I think we have all gotten back to a good place the last few days, let's stay there so we don't lose any of our dear friends. Thanks!

Super jealous. I saw Lion King on tour and it was amazing. Disney puts on such a great show. I couldn't even help liking High School Musical when it came to town, and I hadn't ever seen the movie. (I had to go because of my job) Have a great time!

I am behind, again. But I saw Lion King in NYC and also on tour, the NYC was so much more amazing! The sets and costumes are incredible!
    I would not want to live in NYC but LOVE visiting and doing the touristy things.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    I can't keep any dessert type snacks in my house like cookies or cake or chocolate because I am incapable of eating them in moderation.

You're not alone. I am banning ice cream, cookies, & other desserts for a long time until I can eat them in moderation.

I have no food in my house. No wine, no snacks, no goodies. I can't eat anything in moderation when its in my house.

Yeah, we saw your fridge.....apparently mints are the only thing you can control yourself around, LMAO!

@Italian_Buju I think the mints were for the horses! Hee hee...

Yep! They are horse treats. I hardly ever eat those mints! But the horses. ...they love them. Whenever I give a horse who had never had one for the first time their eyes light up as soon as they bite it. :)

Do they just swallow them whole? Or do they chew them? I never would have guessed horses would like mints!

They chew them. The first time they try them it takes them a while to figure out how to chew them. They seriously love them.

This is adorable, I'd love to see a horse chew a mint!!

Me too! Maybe a video soon...in the random pictures thread? ;)

Sure I'll film it and put it up. Can I post a video?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Well, I held out but we had pizza today at work for completeing a survey for the hospital. I did have some salad with it and two pieces of pizza. It looks like I can fit it in my day, but I may have to do a bit more walking. Pretty good for me, I didn't completely wreck the day.

Sounds like an awesome day! What's everyone's favorite pizza?

Mine is either plain cheese, pizza with cheeseburger, sausage, & mushrooms, or pineapple pizza.

Lots of cheese, lots of mushrooms and sausage. If I can have unlimited toppings, I'll also add black olives, ham, roma tomatos.
    I also like margherita pizza.

In my world, pineapple has no place on a pizza...

I agree. I don't understand pineapple and pizza.

OMG it's so good. Seriously.

I concur :yum:

Me too, and we were ordering pineapple on our pizza back in the 80's before it was even a thing.

My favorite pizza depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm a thin crust with just a few light toppings, and sometimes, I'm a supreme on pan. What I'm NOT a fan of is soggy/greasy crust. I also do not like chewy crusts. Hand tossed is my least favorite.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 - Are you censoring posts? :lol: I keep seeing quoted posts with strike throughs and alterations. I can't think if it's the same person or as a collective you are all censoring ha ha

Nope but I did "fix" yours for Susie's sake. I didn't think you would notice. :)

Oh fair enough, I forgot about that to be honest. Maybe that's why its happening.

Edit: I see ALL! Ha ha, no I'm one of those strange people who can play spot the difference or see words in word searches really well

Well the censors in the thread do fix the swearing but if you re quote I think they miss those sometimes...
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    @berlynnwall How's your Mom. I have been mostly skimming due to time constraints. Not sure if I missed an update

@orangesmarties So nice to see you back this morning!!!

Thanks for asking. My mom is doing OK. A piece of the blood clot that caused her stroke stayed in her lung, so now her lung is full of blood. They may have to put in a drain. I realize those two sentences contradict each other - but her back was so messed up that she is feeling super great after surgery despite the extra issues going on. Once she heals completely from all these problems her life is going to be brand new. Her back really messed up her mobility, but now she can walk everywhere and join us on trips and things.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

If this is a thing, I need it in my life mouth PDQ.

You can mix most cake mixes with pumpkin (or pureed beans if you're into protein - black beans are actually kind of awesome in brownies because the texture is very dense and fudgey), so I would imagine something pectin-y like cherry pie filling would probably work fine too (heck, there's an old Weight Watchers "recipe" where you mix diet pop with cake mix and it still works.)

I'm not a big cherry fan (I do like fresh ones, but not so much in stuff usually) so I haven't tried it, but I've definitely done some lazy baking with pumpkin and bean and it's totally edible.

You can also sub canned crushed pineapple or applesauce in cake mixes, just use about the same volume it would take for the eggs, oil and water. It is not even an exact science. I did find I still had to add a little water when using canned pumpkin though.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    There is a hotel with a fitness area and pool very close to my work. I went to see how much their memberships are yesterday, and August is ladies month. Memberships are $150 off. I'm going to stop in on Saturday to look around and probably join, on their website it says they have free weights and a squat rack.

I want to add lifting to my program, and since this is a convenient location for me, I'll actually use it. I'm a little excited.

They open at 6 so I can get a good workout in and still get to work at 7:30.

And my nephew is going to come with me a couple times to act as my trainer. He plays high school football and they had a trainer come in to show them proper form.

Very cool! Hope you like it!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I can't keep any dessert type snacks in my house like cookies or cake or chocolate because I am incapable of eating them in moderation.

You're not alone. I am banning ice cream, cookies, & other desserts for a long time until I can eat them in moderation.

I have no food in my house. No wine, no snacks, no goodies. I can't eat anything in moderation when its in my house.

Yeah, we saw your fridge.....apparently mints are the only thing you can control yourself around, LMAO!

Yep! They are horse treats. I hardly ever eat those mints! But the horses. ...they love them. Whenever I give a horse who had never had one for the first time their eyes light up as soon as they bite it. :)

Do they just swallow them whole? Or do they chew them? I never would have guessed horses would like mints!

They chew them. The first time they try them it takes them a while to figure out how to chew them. They seriously love them.

My dog liked tic-tacs. You could give her a huge lump of meat and it would go down whole, give her a tic-tac and she would crunch it.

Ha!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

I need this!!! Please point me in the direction.

I know, right! I posted a recipe a few posts ago that looks promising.

I just saw that! Sounds so good!!! Will probably be trying it soon!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

YAY! And I have no idea..I'm still surprised that I've figured out how to put a picture on!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

YAY! And I have no idea..I'm still surprised that I've figured out how to put a picture on!

I've seen videos on here, but I think they're usually youtube links.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession: I was bored and decided to watch Bridezillas on Netflix...I'm obsessed!!!!! (Runs and hides :s )

Don't hide! :) I used to watch it too. I haven't in a long time because it was a tad outrageous but it was fun!!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: I'm struggling with my self image a bit today. I feel unattractive and my self worth is plummeting. I really want to bake something to make myself feel better. Not necessarily eat it, but bake it.

I have day's like this. I tend to wear baggy clothes and avoid all mirrors and reflective surfaces. I know some people suggest 'finding something positive in the mirror' but the only positive I ever find is that I like my eyebrows. lol

I think the worst part is my ex posted a picture of himself and his new woman on facebook. It PISSES ME OFF that 'I' was never worthy of a photo with him on facebook.

I thought I was over it but Sgt. Sexy Pants and I are at odds at the moment which is totally exacerbating this whole feeling of 'not being good enough.'

I anticipate a run with my dog after work to channel all of this hurt and anger. I only hope my poor Tessa can keep up.

Keep your chin up girl. You are fabulous! As for you and SSP hope you guys can get back on track!!

Ditto!!

@lilaclovebird +1 You are fabulous! I think we all have days when we feel down, so that's ok. But just remember you've got a big ol' crew of people who believe in you and who know how super great you are right here. :)