Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    currently doing the 20 page catch up, in the meantime....

post date update!

ok, so i met the really nice dude for the first time on 7/9.
    since that thursday, i have literally spent some time of every day with him. ranging from two hours, to entire days.
    it's been absolutely amazing.

there was a slight hiccup on friday, where apparently he had had a panic attack on wednesday and didn't tell me. and the reason he didn't tell me is because the panic attack was from him getting freaked out that what we've been doing must be too good to be true, the shoe was going to drop and he was going to be crushed. he thought he ruined the potential of us having a relationship by letting things go too far too fast and was just overwhelmed by the whole thing. (which i actually think is pretty darn precious, just wish the poor dude didn't have to have a panic attack over it). so on friday, he was trying to reel things back a bit and to me it was like, oh and he's the rejection i've been expecting!

but then amazingly, on saturday, and then some more on sunday, we completely talked through everything. and he never got angry, or defensive, or stormed off (which was 97% of any discussion from my previous relationship). we came to a mutual conclusion on going forward and how we wanted to keep going forward. it was kinda awesome.

like really awesome. super great even ;)

and now he's determined to help me get my house done. my place has been in a constant state of "under construction" since i bought it. the ex wasn't exactly carpentry savvy, or motivated, so nothing was ever finished. lots and lots of starts, nothing finished. so yesterday we spent the whole day working on the dining room that still had naked walls and exposed insulation. one of the things he said while we were working that just totally made me melt was "just so you know, we're going to be eating dinner in here before the end of this week. this will be done" *sqee!*

yeah i'm pretty sure i've decided to keep him :D

So awesome! And you didn't even have to kiss THAT many frogs!

right?! and honestly that kinda freaks me out; he was only the sixth dude i met in person!
    but i'm trying really hard not to overthink it and just let it go where it goes. :)

Hurray!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I had two giant baskets of peaches yesterday, and it did not go as well as planned, lol.

The first basket was half full of peaches that I think might have gotten frozen in the fridge so I had to throw them out as they were all mushy and gross. My guy delivered them last Sunday, so I had to fridge them so they would not go bad before this past Sunday, and because it is a fridge downstairs that was empty, I think it was too cold.

The skinning part was super hard.....like 1% of them came off properly.....most of them I had to peel manually. I think some of them were not ripe enough again, in the fridge that takes a while, should have taken them out before Saturday afternoon, ugh. My son ate a few leftover ones last night and said they were kinda hard, so I am hoping the sealing process made the other ones softer.

Then we lost a jar, and I use the really large jars. The last batch was sealing and I could smell sugar or something so I check and the bottom of a jar is broken right off and there were peaches everywhere :|

I only got six large jars out of two large baskets. Last year I had Monday picked peaches that we canned on a Thursday and they were perfect. When I am ready for my next batch I am gonna ask them to be picked on Wednesday since I have to do the canning on a Sunday.

Now I am gonna have to do two more sets instead of one because this batch was so crappy......

But, on the bright side, I have six more jars of peaches that I did not have yesterday......
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Speaking of dancing- did I tell you guys I was in the newspaper for sharing a dance with a resident at the local Veterans' Home on Independence Day? (I can't remember if I shared and don't want to look back through pages...) I was volunteering, helping serve lunch and just chatting with the residents. When he found out I was from Texas, he asked if I could 2 step and I said, "Of course!" The reporter took a pic of us dancing and it was published in the Sunday paper. My DH doesn't dance.

ETA: That's my husband standing behind the fence in the background watching.

Are we sharing our dancing exploits? Up until I moved away from the area a couple of years ago, I danced with a school that catered for both kids and adults really well. I loved it because it offered both beginner and advanced classes in lots of styles. Having danced as a kid (a lot) but never taken it seriously, I'm not a beginner but I'm not a pro. So this suited me.

This Flickr set is us in 2013 doing an open air display in the city centre.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shefftim/sets/72157634634780176/

And in case you're wondering, I'm the one who got picked as the title shot! That crazy smiley lady with the glittery hat, yup that's me. What I lack in technical ability, I make up for by giving good FACE.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I deadlifted 105 pounds today!!! Only 30 pounds to go to deadlift my bodyweight! Mr. NY was very impressed!

Probably won't be able to get out of bed tomorrow but whatever! :smile:

Congratulations!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    So jealous of everyone's bling!!
    I'm not jealous of the bling but of the meaning behind the bling. I want a good marriage. I want that in my life, and that will come with bling. So I want bling - when the time is right and when the man and relationship is right.

Exactly! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my ring, I mean, it's gorgeous, but I love the reason behind the ring even more. In this day and age, it is a real accomplishment to be married to the same person for 15 years. Not only married, but still in and falling in love with that person.

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm not jealous of the bling but of the meaning behind the bling. I want a good marriage. I want that in my life, and that will come with bling. So I want bling - when the time is right and when the man and relationship is right.

Exactly! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my ring, I mean, it's gorgeous, but I love the reason behind the ring even more. In this day and age, it is a real accomplishment to be married to the same person for 15 years. Not only married, but still in and falling in love with that person.

This +1
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread on the front page.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Well, hello, stranger! We've missed you round these parts.

Not sure why I just typed that...

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Hi from page 1246! Im reading and trying to catch up, it may take a while.

I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.

What's wrong? I hope everything is ok......

Everything is OK. My mom had back surgery, and then a few days later had a stroke. She is alright, but her brain still isn't working quite right. She had a heck of a time trying to explain things to the ER, and my brother (who was with her at the time) called my sister instead of me.No one called me at all until like 4 days later. I had no clue.

My sister went to the hospital, and before she left, she dropped a bag of drugs somewhere in the exam room. When my mom tried to leave the hospital the next morning, cops were waiting outside to arrest her, because when the hospital staff cleaned her room, they found a bunch of heroin. She was super upset and scared about her brain issue, and then almost got arrested. She was banned from that hospital! I mean, really. Does no one have any common sense? I swear to goodness that I was switched at birth.

Wow, omg that is horrible. I'm so sorry to hear that all of this happened to you and your mom.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Welcome back!

I think most of us have had it bookmarked since the first time it stopped bumping.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ETA: I can't believe I forgot this part! So my NSV in my 260 day logging streak... Yesterday at the race expo, I was buying a new reflective vest to be able to run early am/late pm (to keep my motivation commitments) and the guy sized me up and said 'you're pretty petite you may not need...". PRETTY PETITE! OMG. No one has EVER called me that. I wanted to kiss him. My friend, who is ALWAYS petite, just rolled her eyes when I turned to her and said...Did you hear what he said?????????????????????????

That looks like a beautiful day for a race. I love misty/foggy days personally. Nice pictures.

You are so pretty too and you do look very petite. I'm glad that comment from that guy made your day. :)
  • HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I can't keep any dessert type snacks in my house like cookies or cake or chocolate because I am incapable of eating them in moderation.

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

*waves* Hello!!

Yeah, I book marked it cuz it kept jumping all over the place.

I just went to get a banana off my kitchen table and saw that my Kyrie opened a package of dessert shells and ate one :|
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Hurrah! Hope you are well and had a good holiday.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Mr. Mo and I went to World Market yesterday and ended up buying almost $200 worth of stuff. They have a lot of non-American food there, and I was really happy walking through the UK stuff because it reminded me of all my friends across the pond. I bought several things that I had never had before and I wanted to buy a box of chocolate digestives, but they were $5 and I couldn't justify it. Maybe next time. I will take a picture of all my goodies and post them in the random pics thread tonight.

You all are a bad influence on me and I don't really mind.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Today is my parents' anniversary. 36 years!!! They're best friends...so amazing to see!

• MoHousdon
    Options

Today is my parents' anniversary. 36 years!!! They're best friends...so amazing to see!

That is awesome and what an incredible example to you and Mr. NY. Happy anniversary, Mr. Mrs. NY's parents!

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Congratulations to them :)
  • riderfangal
    Options
    I can't keep any dessert type snacks in my house like cookies or cake or chocolate because I am incapable of eating them in moderation.

I am exactly that way with chips and crackers!
  • riderfangal
    Options

Welcome back!!