Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession: the next time I mow the back yard, I am definitely buying myself ice cream. This yogurt and grapes just isn't doing the trick.

Ice cream flavor suggestions that don't involve coconut, birthday cake or cookie dough are welcomed.

I saw ice cream today that was flavored like girl scout cookies. I almost got the Samoa one, but I resisted. I may go back.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi from page 1246! Im reading and trying to catch up, it may take a while.

I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.

What's wrong? I hope everything is ok......

Everything is OK. My mom had back surgery, and then a few days later had a stroke. She is alright, but her brain still isn't working quite right. She had a heck of a time trying to explain things to the ER, and my brother (who was with her at the time) called my sister instead of me.No one called me at all until like 4 days later. I had no clue.

My sister went to the hospital, and before she left, she dropped a bag of drugs somewhere in the exam room. When my mom tried to leave the hospital the next morning, cops were waiting outside to arrest her, because when the hospital staff cleaned her room, they found a bunch of heroin. She was super upset and scared about her brain issue, and then almost got arrested. She was banned from that hospital! I mean, really. Does no one have any common sense? I swear to goodness that I was switched at birth.

That is so awful! All judgment aimed directly at your sister: WHAT AN IDIOT!!!! all love hopes for a full recovery aimed at your mom.

Thank you. My sister makes me so sad. She wasn't always like this. It's very upsetting!

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    Confession: the next time I mow the back yard, I am definitely buying myself ice cream. This yogurt and grapes just isn't doing the trick.

Ice cream flavor suggestions that don't involve coconut, birthday cake or cookie dough are welcomed.

Well that's a tough one, considering Birthday Cake is my new favourite flavour for pretty much everything.

PCSprinklePartyCakeEN.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

Cappuccino? Dulce de leche? Some kind of cheesecake + fruit flavour? The oh-so-trendy red velvet?
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've had a successful week with eating well and exercising, but my food scale has disappeared.

ETA: Found it. Crisis averted.

I think my mom chooses not to lose weight so that she has something to complain about. Personally, I would like her to not have a stroke or heart attack (she's a smoker) and die, but whatever.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    So, about the house situation, hubby seems to have changed his mind. He really wants this house, and to be honest so do I, so we are going to get the down payment and deposit figured out so we can get the house. There's a lot of ways to try to get those up, so now it's just figuring out the best way to go about it. :smiley:

So exciting @raelynnsmama52512, keep us updated.

@Glinda1971 that Beatles puzzle looks so cool. Are you going to the other yard sale tomorrow?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Speaking of ice cream, I was actually able to try Godiva soft serve today. Got me a chocolate vanilla swirl in a cone.

It was great, but it started melting as soon as the server handed it to me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.

Everything is OK. My mom had back surgery, and then a few days later had a stroke. She is alright, but her brain still isn't working quite right. She had a heck of a time trying to explain things to the ER, and my brother (who was with her at the time) called my sister instead of me.No one called me at all until like 4 days later. I had no clue.

My sister went to the hospital, and before she left, she dropped a bag of drugs somewhere in the exam room. When my mom tried to leave the hospital the next morning, cops were waiting outside to arrest her, because when the hospital staff cleaned her room, they found a bunch of heroin. She was super upset and scared about her brain issue, and then almost got arrested. She was banned from that hospital! I mean, really. Does no one have any common sense? I swear to goodness that I was switched at birth.

That is so awful! All judgment aimed directly at your sister: WHAT AN IDIOT!!!! all love hopes for a full recovery aimed at your mom.

Thank you. My sister makes me so sad. She wasn't always like this. It's very upsetting!

It's always upsetting when a family member turns to drugs or alcohol, but getting your mother banned from a hospital is the worst. Our hospital doesn't ban people, but we do have a few frequent flier patients whose names pop up a violence warning. We call security before taking them to triage unless they arrive by EMS, the police have usually called security to meet them at the door then.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Well that's a tough one, considering Birthday Cake is my new favourite flavour for pretty much everything.

Cappuccino? Dulce de leche? Some kind of cheesecake + fruit flavour? The oh-so-trendy red velvet?

The problem with cookie and cake flavored ice cream is that so many of them have gluten in them. Cappuccino sounds like a possibility, though.

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I've had a successful week with eating well and exercising, but my food scale has disappeared.

ETA: Found it. Crisis averted.

I think my mom chooses not to lose weight so that she has something to complain about. Personally, I would like her to not have a stroke or heart attack (she's a smoker) and die, but whatever.

@Lefty1290 welcome back! You've been gone a while (and if you have been back the last 2 days, I have been gone so, this is new to me! Glad to have you back).
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

Well, I know what I'll be picking up this week! While I'm not the biggest fan of birthday cake, for some reason I love birthday cake flavored ice cream :lol:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi all just stopping by again to make sure you don't forget me and to say I am not dead...

I am in Wellsboro PA home of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. Google it. Its gorgeous. I have a very hilly 1/2 marathon here today. I have been taking tons of pics for y'all. Will post when I get to my computer. I'll catch up with everyone tonight and I miss you all! HAPPY SATURDAY!

Enjoy your run! Looking forward to the pics.

@berlynnwall sorry to hear about your mum, hope she gets back to normal soon... and that drug stuff is so messed. If that was my sister, I'd probably march her down to the police and make her admit the drugs were hers... I admire your patience.

@Glinda1971 happy yard saling... hope you find some bargains!

Believe me, if I knew where to find her I would have called all the police after I found out she pretended to be me last week. She is basically homeless, roaming the bad part of town with scary people. When the police finally do catch her, she is going down hard.

This sucks. I have a sister (never hooked on heroin or anything) that did a lot of stupid stuff involving the cops. Crazy. Don't let it get you down, and so glad your Mom is OK. I feel so bad for her!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So.....the super great yard sale was super sucky. Except they had a lifejacket for reasonable.

I also bought an electric trolling motor at one place, a new backpack for fishing at another and a car wash mitt.

I also, from one place for $10 I got:

That is 3 purses, one vintage, a wallet and a Beatles jigsaw puzzle - because I love the Beatles.

And I goofed up. The lazy girl sale is tomorrow, not today.

I love the red suede purse!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So, about the house situation, hubby seems to have changed his mind. He really wants this house, and to be honest so do I, so we are going to get the down payment and deposit figured out so we can get the house. There's a lot of ways to try to get those up, so now it's just figuring out the best way to go about it. :smiley:

Congrats! Fingers crossed for you! If you have a will you will find a way.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @ShibaEars, hope your 5k went well! And hopefully you kick your dad's butt in the fitbit challenge! ;)
    @FluffySandwich, glad to hear your breathing is just your anxiety and you're not dying! ;)

Hope everyone is having a good day! Weekends are so weird in here...so quiet!

Well I just commenced binge posting catching up...that should fill up a few pages. :blush:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I challenged my dad to a weekend fitbit challenge, specifically because I knew I was doing a 5k this morning. Getting him back for when he didn't tell me he was playing soccer lol

How did the 5K go?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Some of my favorite flavors are:

Talenti:

Salted Caramel Peanut (my favorite)
    Sea Salt Caramel
    Mediterranean Mint
    Caramel Apple Pie
    Southern Butter Pecan

Turkey Hill:

Southern Lemon Pie (seasonal favorite)
    Phillies Graham Slam
    Party Cake (this one is really good)

Edy's:

French Silk
    Mint Chocolate Chip
    Both of their Cinnamon Bun Fun in slow churned & regular are good

Ben & Jerry's:

Cinnamon Buns (this is my all time favorite ice cream)
    Their core Speculoos flavor is good
    Their Peanut Butter Cookie Core is also pretty good
    At Wal-Mart they have an exclusive Cotton Candy flavor that is decent

Yuengling's:

If you have this brand near you then their Buttered Caramel Popcorn ice cream is good
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I challenged my dad to a weekend fitbit challenge, specifically because I knew I was doing a 5k this morning. Getting him back for when he didn't tell me he was playing soccer lol

How did the 5K go?

@pofoster21 @ShibaEars

How did your races go? Hope you had fun & good weather.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I am so sorry to hear this! Is your brother normally like that? I can't believe your sister would do that >.<
    Don't most drug addicts pay attention to where their drugs are at all times??

Sorry I did not see this earlier, I did not ready anything this morning when I posted, I do not want you to think I passed by this post, I just saw it now!
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi all just stopping by again to make sure you don't forget me and to say I am not dead...

I am in Wellsboro PA home of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. Google it. Its gorgeous. I have a very hilly 1/2 marathon here today. I have been taking tons of pics for y'all. Will post when I get to my computer. I'll catch up with everyone tonight and I miss you all! HAPPY SATURDAY!

Happy Saturday! Good luck at your 1/2! I'm up bright and early (ugh) to do my (less impressive) 5k lol.

It was tempting to sleep in, nobody IRL would care if I came to the run or not, but I thought of how supportive everyone one is here and that got my butt out of bed. So thanks everyone! (I think :wink: )

Good luck today POF!!!

Thanks! I had a GREAT day! So... race report (cause I know you all are DYING to hear this!):

The course is beautiful. I will post a ton of pictures in the bat cave after catching up but will also include a few at the end of this post.

It starts at the rim of the "Grand Canyon" of Pennsylvania, and they run you around a bit up there before running you down hill for about 4 - 5 miles then turn you around and run you back uphill. The day was a bit chilly at 5:30 in the AM on the rim, but once you started running you warmed up fast! I started out pretty strong (especially given my friend and I did the trail path down to the bottom of the canyon the day before and it really took a toll on my quads and knees the day before). But after mile 3 I really felt great. The day started with a mist, which you will see in the pics, and it was gorgeous. I stopped at mile 4 where there was a lookout to take some pics. The day was sunny, sky blue, not too hot, and the scenery was just incredible.

I finished in 2:09 (which should have been 2:05 except for a 4 min porta potty stop, which I could have skipped but figured I wasn't really running for time anyway), which on the course with the small crowd, earned me 3rd place in my age group. Woo hoo! My friend also did really well as well, she was 6th in her age group. Then we had a nice drive home and when I got home I was restless (never get home at 5 on a saturday) so decided to walk the 2.6 miles to the grocery store and liquor store and 'earn' a glass (or 2) of wine tonight while I catch up on here.

So for my fitbit challenge friends means I have nearly 40K steps today! :)

Pics:

Canyon Rim (day before race): oj6sgkttqbsl.jpg

Race site in AM:
    pooqd8tvbfm4.jpg

Mile 4 on course:
    pytpi4iyw70i.jpg

Me with finishers medal and my 3rd place award:

t3fx5lsrslhw.jpg

ETA: I can't believe I forgot this part! So my NSV in my 260 day logging streak... Yesterday at the race expo, I was buying a new reflective vest to be able to run early am/late pm (to keep my motivation commitments) and the guy sized me up and said 'you're pretty petite you may not need...". PRETTY PETITE! OMG. No one has EVER called me that. I wanted to kiss him. My friend, who is ALWAYS petite, just rolled her eyes when I turned to her and said...Did you hear what he said?????????????????????????
  • Oberon21
    Options

Happy Saturday! Good luck at your 1/2! I'm up bright and early (ugh) to do my (less impressive) 5k lol.

It was tempting to sleep in, nobody IRL would care if I came to the run or not, but I thought of how supportive everyone one is here and that got my butt out of bed. So thanks everyone! (I think :wink: )

You are welcome, we want a race report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!