Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda pop, but one of my brothers calls it Coke. As in, "What kind of Coke do you want? Sprite or Pepsi?"
    I don't get this at all :lol: Coke is just ONE drink! If I asked for coke and someone asked me ''What coke do you want?'' I'd be like ''Uhhh... coke? :neutral: " I wonder... which specific region in the US/anywhere else calls it coke?

If someone asked me that I would have thought they were asking if I wanted fat coke, diet coke, coke zero or coke life. Not a completely different fizzy drink all together, lol

You forgot fat Cherry Coke Vanilla Coke Zero. Which is the best of all of the Cokes.

fixed! :p

I had a lot of trouble finding my beloved Vanilla Coke Zero last time I was in the US (we don't have it here at all)... hope it's not being discontinued.

It's not! My grocery store has it as part of its routine stock.

(1337. Geek speak.)

Well that's reassuring! :)

I have this ridiculous (and growing) list of food items that I have to stock up on every time we visit the US.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Have fun at Hershey Park @CountessKitteh !!! Eat lots of chocolate for me!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I did a Combat class last night, and my fitbit counted some (probably a lot of) punches as steps.

Confession #2: I don't feel bad about this.

Hey you were still moving:D. How many steps did you end up getting?

I ended up getting over 20,000 for the day, a first for me. I'm not sure how many were racked up in the class though. I figured even if it was counting punches, there is quite a bit of foot movement too, so it's gotta still count!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    General question: do you prefer working out in the morning or in the evening? Or does it matter to you?

I find I have a much harder time motivating myself to work out in the evenings, after my regular work day. I'm taking the "evening workout slot" though because my husband really wants the morning time (we use a stationary recumbent bike for cardio). I trust my commitment enough that I know I'll be ok switching to evening workouts, it just requires soooo much more motivation/effort. :)

Evenings. I've gotten up early several times and I do feel great after, but I just couldn't keep it up. Even days where I don't work I can't seem to muster up the energy to do a workout or go for a walk until about 5:00 pm.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Y'all were sharing your wedding bands while I was on vacation, and now I feel left out. Hubby and I designed this with a small local jeweler eighteen years ago, and I still LOVE it. I'm so glad I found something that I feel is classic and beautiful - not trendy and will go out of style quickly.

mp27n31po3s9.jpg

Your ring is pretty and so are you long tanned fingers.

I do have very long fingers - tanned from last week's vacation :p . I can span an octave and a half on a piano. Wish I knew how to play one. That's a bucket list thing for me, learning to play a piano.

That is a way better bucket list item than rolling down a hill.

:D
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Hey from 1299!

Today I found out that I could walk to the library on my side of town. It's about 1.5 miles away, which is further than I generally make my kids walk, but we made it! And it wasn't that bad. The way you have to drive is a lot further than the back road way I figured out (and there is no way they would have made it through that route), so this is a major success.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Confession: I did a Combat class last night, and my fitbit counted some (probably a lot of) punches as steps.

Confession #2: I don't feel bad about this.

Hey you were still moving:D. How many steps did you end up getting?

I ended up getting over 20,000 for the day, a first for me. I'm not sure how many were racked up in the class though. I figured even if it was counting punches, there is quite a bit of foot movement too, so it's gotta still count!

You did awesome today. Great job!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    General question: do you prefer working out in the morning or in the evening? Or does it matter to you?

I find I have a much harder time motivating myself to work out in the evenings, after my regular work day. I'm taking the "evening workout slot" though because my husband really wants the morning time (we use a stationary recumbent bike for cardio). I trust my commitment enough that I know I'll be ok switching to evening workouts, it just requires soooo much more motivation/effort. :)

I work out Tuesdays at 7 pm, Fridays at 5 pm, and Saturdays and Sundays usually morning or afternoon. I tried to do mornings during the week but I hated it!

Same. I feel like when I work out after work, I get to get all my frustrations from the day out. I feel fantastic afterwards. When I worked out in the mornings, I was exhausted all day.

• berlynnwall
    Options
    Hi from page 1246! Im reading and trying to catch up, it may take a while.

I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.

What's wrong? I hope everything is ok......

Everything is OK. My mom had back surgery, and then a few days later had a stroke. She is alright, but her brain still isn't working quite right. She had a heck of a time trying to explain things to the ER, and my brother (who was with her at the time) called my sister instead of me.No one called me at all until like 4 days later. I had no clue.

My sister went to the hospital, and before she left, she dropped a bag of drugs somewhere in the exam room. When my mom tried to leave the hospital the next morning, cops were waiting outside to arrest her, because when the hospital staff cleaned her room, they found a bunch of heroin. She was super upset and scared about her brain issue, and then almost got arrested. She was banned from that hospital! I mean, really. Does no one have any common sense? I swear to goodness that I was switched at birth.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi from page 1246! Im reading and trying to catch up, it may take a while.

I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.

What's wrong? I hope everything is ok......

Everything is OK. My mom had back surgery, and then a few days later had a stroke. She is alright, but her brain still isn't working quite right. She had a heck of a time trying to explain things to the ER, and my brother (who was with her at the time) called my sister instead of me.No one called me at all until like 4 days later. I had no clue.

My sister went to the hospital, and before she left, she dropped a bag of drugs somewhere in the exam room. When my mom tried to leave the hospital the next morning, cops were waiting outside to arrest her, because when the hospital staff cleaned her room, they found a bunch of heroin. She was super upset and scared about her brain issue, and then almost got arrested. She was banned from that hospital! I mean, really. Does no one have any common sense? I swear to goodness that I was switched at birth.
    That... is beyond words. And it broke my heart. I'm so sorry for you and your mom!!! I hope she gets better... it's awful she had to go through all of that at once, and to on top of that be banned from the hospital? Horrible!

• ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options

I go to the Y to pick things up and put them down whenever I can fit it into my day. If I am feeling particularly ambitious I might trot around the track for a mile or two. I like to walk up and down the hills around my house at night. Usually 10 or later. I listen to a book instead of curling up on the couch and reading one. When I am done, I take a shower then stretch, stretch, stretch. Although my hair is usually a frightening sight when I wake up in the morning, the plus of this is I am sleeping much better. Better than I have in years.

For a non-scale victory, I can sleep on my stomach again. :)

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Removed.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I was down 2 lbs. this morning. I celebrated by eating a donut. I call that winning.

DEFINITELY winning. Doughnut rewards program!
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Removed.

• BodyByBex
    Options
    So, I need to tell a sweet hubby story since everybody else is.

I love to go dancing. Hubby can not find a beat. He signed us up for private dance lessons so he can dance with me. :grin:
    Last night was the first lesson. This will be a fun little diversion for us.

OMG I would be SO excited!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Spent over $100 on groceries, went to Taco Bell right afterwards.

I used to do this every time I went to the grocery store. It took junking my car to break me of that habit! I haven't picked it up again, knock on wood.

Confession: We do go out to eat right after (or before depending on how we feel) grocery shopping. :flushed:

We usually do too. Who wants to shop hungry, or cook when you've just spent all that time shopping?! Not me.

We went shopping this week while I was hungry... I bought all the foods! At one point the mancreature looked at me and was like seriously!?

Sidenote: did y'all know there is oreos yogurt?! My inner fat kid nearly died with excitement when I saw them and then my mind was like NO YOU CANNOT HAS!

We make the WORST food choices when we shop hungry. We try really hard not to do any kind of grocery shopping before we eat.

Last night, we had to go to Target to get a baby shower gift for a shower tomorrow. I was fine with that because I was under the impression we were going to eat directly after (I only had a quest bar for lunch and then some cottage cheese for a snack, so I was pretty hungry) so no big deal. Mr. Mo takes FOREVER picking stuff of the registry and I was getting properly irritated with him. We finally choose what to get and head out. Instead of going to eat, he pulls into Lowe's parking lot. I was really annoyed at this point, and throw a little temper tantrum and say, "I knew we should have eaten first!" and slammed the car door. He just stared at me in total disbelieve.

I'm like the Incredible Hulk in a way, except, it's you wouldn't like me when I'm hangry, instead of angry.

I get the same way. In part of your head you KNOW you're being unreasonable, but you have no control over it.

This is EXACLTY me! Mr. Mo even said, "Is someone hangry?!" He already knew.

I'm glad Sgt. Sexy Pants will say this to me. If I start getting 'crazy' in texts, he send me a picture of a bag of fritos or something and it's like, "Oh yeah! I need to eat something. Sorry!" :disappointed:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I think this thread is rubbing off on me IRL. My co worker had a new shirt and capris on today and I actually told her that she looked super great in them

Busted out laughing. Like cracked UP at work. :lol:
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Okay so now that I am ALL caught up and we have stopped the 'discussion' I think I can sum it all up here.

* Colleges need to stop charging us so much to further our education. We should all be able to follow our dreams and let's face it, teachers don't make squat here and they spend a LOT of time in school.

* If/When minimum wage goes up, those who already HAVE degrees should have their salaries go up proportionately. Degrees take a lot of time and you should still be compensated for that time.

* The owners of businesses(particularly large ones) should take the hit to their profit margins and personal pocket books and not raise the prices of anything else in an attempt to compensate for the loss in profits.

ETA: And all pizza and burgers should be worth >200 calories per serving. :innocent:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @berlynnwall, that is absolute craziness and I don't know what to say!! Well wishes for your mom's full recovery!

@KrisiAnnH, yay!! I'm glad you popped in to say hi! :) I'll send you some more reminders here and there if we don't see you for a while! ;)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Hi all just stopping by again to make sure you don't forget me and to say I am not dead...

I am in Wellsboro PA home of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. Google it. Its gorgeous. I have a very hilly 1/2 marathon here today. I have been taking tons of pics for y'all. Will post when I get to my computer. I'll catch up with everyone tonight and I miss you all! HAPPY SATURDAY!