Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I did a Combat class last night, and my fitbit counted some (probably a lot of) punches as steps.

Confession #2: I don't feel bad about this.

Hey you were still moving:D. How many steps did you end up getting?

I ended up getting over 20,000 for the day, a first for me. I'm not sure how many were racked up in the class though. I figured even if it was counting punches, there is quite a bit of foot movement too, so it's gotta still count!

You did awesome today. Great job!

Thanks! I think it'll be a while before I see 20,000 again lol
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi all just stopping by again to make sure you don't forget me and to say I am not dead...

I am in Wellsboro PA home of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. Google it. Its gorgeous. I have a very hilly 1/2 marathon here today. I have been taking tons of pics for y'all. Will post when I get to my computer. I'll catch up with everyone tonight and I miss you all! HAPPY SATURDAY!

Happy Saturday! Good luck at your 1/2! I'm up bright and early (ugh) to do my (less impressive) 5k lol.

It was tempting to sleep in, nobody IRL would care if I came to the run or not, but I thought of how supportive everyone one is here and that got my butt out of bed. So thanks everyone! (I think :wink: )
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Confession: I did a Combat class last night, and my fitbit counted some (probably a lot of) punches as steps.

I ended up getting over 20,000 for the day, a first for me. I'm not sure how many were racked up in the class though. I figured even if it was counting punches, there is quite a bit of foot movement too, so it's gotta still count!

I was at 18500 near the end of the day and the fact that you did 20000 ALMOST kept me going but I was too darn lazy lol
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Hi all just stopping by again to make sure you don't forget me and to say I am not dead...

I am in Wellsboro PA home of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. Google it. Its gorgeous. I have a very hilly 1/2 marathon here today. I have been taking tons of pics for y'all. Will post when I get to my computer. I'll catch up with everyone tonight and I miss you all! HAPPY SATURDAY!

Happy Saturday! Good luck at your 1/2! I'm up bright and early (ugh) to do my (less impressive) 5k lol.

It was tempting to sleep in, nobody IRL would care if I came to the run or not, but I thought of how supportive everyone one is here and that got my butt out of bed. So thanks everyone! (I think :wink: )

Good luck today POF!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Enjoy your run! Looking forward to the pics.

@berlynnwall sorry to hear about your mum, hope she gets back to normal soon... and that drug stuff is so messed. If that was my sister, I'd probably march her down to the police and make her admit the drugs were hers... I admire your patience.

@Glinda1971 happy yard saling... hope you find some bargains!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

I laughed out loud at this.
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

You know, it's funny, so many people I know wish they could be a SAHM... but I wish I could work, lol! I'm not a people person but I still miss human interaction. Honestly, if it wasn't for Internet I'd feel very lonely, I think. I moved here 5 years ago and I really have no friends (except a couple other moms I talk to once a week after school while the kids play). Mostly it's the sense of accomplishment I'm missing... but I guess I never really felt it while I was working either. It is sad when the only things I accomplish in a day is catching up on laundry, doing groceries, and cooking dinner (and making laundry soap. Which I still haven't done).

I mean, I enjoy the free time obviously, but I'm afraid in 10 years I'll look back and will have accomplished absolutely nothing, and won't even be able to find a job.
    Skipping 4 pages just to say that I found the Halo Top ice cream at Wegmans. They only had vanilla.

And I'm completely shocked because it's actually VERY good.

Confession: Part of me wishes you had said it was terrible. The other part of me is totally going to my Wegmans tomorrow.

I want to go again now and buy the last 3 pints LOL. But I'm lazy. And I have too much ice cream in the freezer.

I don't think it's sad, but if you are feeling unfulfilled then my suggestion would be to start pursuing things now that interest you since you have time. If you do want to get back into the work force eventually then now is the time to start volunteering places, adding skills to your resume, taking skills-refresher courses, etc. Try it until you find something you like!

I just have no idea what I want to do, which really doesn't help, lol. I'm not going to worry about it until September at least... then we'll see.

I'm the same way, which is why this topic interests me. I'm fortunate that I really like my career and the field that I'm in. But as far as hobbies and interests??? Other than working out, I've got nothing. I don't feel empty or unfulfilled but a while back when I was trying to figure out this part of me I read something that says, "What do you enjoy doing so much that you completely lose track of time?" Um. Blank. Not a thing. Still trying to figure this one out!

I feel like I keep busy, until someone asks me what I do for fun, or in my spare time and I don't really have anything to say. Ummm... workout... walk my dog... I play a lot of Sims... Then I feel like a loser lol.

I used to play Sims but got bored with the last one because it's so hard for the kids to make friends! So it was taking me days for them to get married, and I had no idea how old their fiance really was until they moved in, then they turned into elders before having babies... I just got frustrated. The lifetimes are either too long or too short for me. I wish we could manually adjust it... I'll get back to it when they make a pets expansion.
    Actually for 10 years my main hobby was MMORPGs, but I got bored with the last one and haven't found another one I want to do... I like RPGs but I'm picky about gameplay, couldn't get into Oblivion for that reason, but absolutely love the Dragon Age series. But I finished the 3rd one in a month. And 3rd person games make me sick.

My hobbies... Um. I'd say reading but I'd be lying, I used to read a LOT but nowadays it just takes me a long time to get into a book... and I still haven't recovered from the ones I read a few months ago... and what I really want is to read the new parts of the series I've started reading, not really starting something new... if that makes sense. Plus I hate reading if there are any distractions, or if I only have a limited time to do it... so the best time is the evening... but then I'd rather watch some shows.

So I guess my hobbies are working out, wasting time online, TV shows, and movies (but I'm picky about what I see). I'm still watching X files, on season 3 now, at this rate and with my Summer shows starting again, it's going to take me all Summer to finish the series, which is totally fine... Something to do.

I love singing though. I should look into joining a choir again. Had to stop when we got the kids. But I suck at reading music so it's not always easy either.

So basically... I'm a very boring person.

Are you talking Sims 3? You can adjust life span, and I have because I hate having them as babies for a long time. The kids I just get to meet & talk to friends in school so I don't have to work at it, then they can meet people at work. Usually when I find a friend I want an a (adult) sim to marry I make it happen in one date lol. Romantic Interest>BF/GF>Fiance>Wife/Husband in one go lol. There is a pet expansion, you can have cats, dogs & horses, and can "capture" wild animals like birds, lizards & rodents. There are even unicorns you can befriend and adopt (I've only been able to do it once).

In case you haven't noticed, I play this game entirely too much.

I used to play the thing all day long before I met my husband. I make their lifespan as long as I possibly can (except newborn babies, because they're boring), then I give the toddlers educational games and toys until all possible skills are at as high of a level as possible. I loved the whole teaching them to talk/walk and playing with blocks to increase logic and stuff.

Then when they became children I got to choose their traits because they were such prodigies as toddlers... ;) And I'd get the kids into painting and fishing and music and reading until their skill levels were as high as they could get... And so on. By the time they reached adulthood, they had a level 10 in almost every skill. The perfect human! ;)

My Sims game actually spanned three generations before I stopped playing. My original character was a grandma! I have to admit that I was looking forward to her dying because I wanted her ghost to live in my house...

I do the same thing, getting them to learn as many skills as possible before they reach adulthood. I think the lifespan for them is about 95 'days'. I've played several generations. I usually take one of the kids and continue on. And sometimes I do leave the ghosts around, since you can interact with them. Except it gets annoying because the living Sims will just cancel any activity when they see it, so you have to redo everything.

Side note: IRL I am happily single, with no real desire for kids. But in the Sims, I have them get married ASAP and have multiple kids, back to back. I feel like there is some underlying message there hahaha.

I do that too! Or did, until my neighborhood got too full and I had to make family trees to keep people from marrying second cousins and whatnot (this is Sims 2). I just like the chaos of a house with 6 kids.

I'm unsure if my desire to have kids arises from simply feeling like I might regret it when I'm 50. I've never felt all that maternal--I'm not even that wild about my nephew. I will happily go to baby showers and send presents to friends' kids, but I don't want to hang out with them.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

I laughed out loud at this.
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

You know, it's funny, so many people I know wish they could be a SAHM... but I wish I could work, lol! I'm not a people person but I still miss human interaction. Honestly, if it wasn't for Internet I'd feel very lonely, I think. I moved here 5 years ago and I really have no friends (except a couple other moms I talk to once a week after school while the kids play). Mostly it's the sense of accomplishment I'm missing... but I guess I never really felt it while I was working either. It is sad when the only things I accomplish in a day is catching up on laundry, doing groceries, and cooking dinner (and making laundry soap. Which I still haven't done).

I mean, I enjoy the free time obviously, but I'm afraid in 10 years I'll look back and will have accomplished absolutely nothing, and won't even be able to find a job.
    Skipping 4 pages just to say that I found the Halo Top ice cream at Wegmans. They only had vanilla.

And I'm completely shocked because it's actually VERY good.

Confession: Part of me wishes you had said it was terrible. The other part of me is totally going to my Wegmans tomorrow.

I want to go again now and buy the last 3 pints LOL. But I'm lazy. And I have too much ice cream in the freezer.

I don't think it's sad, but if you are feeling unfulfilled then my suggestion would be to start pursuing things now that interest you since you have time. If you do want to get back into the work force eventually then now is the time to start volunteering places, adding skills to your resume, taking skills-refresher courses, etc. Try it until you find something you like!

I just have no idea what I want to do, which really doesn't help, lol. I'm not going to worry about it until September at least... then we'll see.

I'm the same way, which is why this topic interests me. I'm fortunate that I really like my career and the field that I'm in. But as far as hobbies and interests??? Other than working out, I've got nothing. I don't feel empty or unfulfilled but a while back when I was trying to figure out this part of me I read something that says, "What do you enjoy doing so much that you completely lose track of time?" Um. Blank. Not a thing. Still trying to figure this one out!

I feel like I keep busy, until someone asks me what I do for fun, or in my spare time and I don't really have anything to say. Ummm... workout... walk my dog... I play a lot of Sims... Then I feel like a loser lol.

I used to play Sims but got bored with the last one because it's so hard for the kids to make friends! So it was taking me days for them to get married, and I had no idea how old their fiance really was until they moved in, then they turned into elders before having babies... I just got frustrated. The lifetimes are either too long or too short for me. I wish we could manually adjust it... I'll get back to it when they make a pets expansion.
    Actually for 10 years my main hobby was MMORPGs, but I got bored with the last one and haven't found another one I want to do... I like RPGs but I'm picky about gameplay, couldn't get into Oblivion for that reason, but absolutely love the Dragon Age series. But I finished the 3rd one in a month. And 3rd person games make me sick.

My hobbies... Um. I'd say reading but I'd be lying, I used to read a LOT but nowadays it just takes me a long time to get into a book... and I still haven't recovered from the ones I read a few months ago... and what I really want is to read the new parts of the series I've started reading, not really starting something new... if that makes sense. Plus I hate reading if there are any distractions, or if I only have a limited time to do it... so the best time is the evening... but then I'd rather watch some shows.

So I guess my hobbies are working out, wasting time online, TV shows, and movies (but I'm picky about what I see). I'm still watching X files, on season 3 now, at this rate and with my Summer shows starting again, it's going to take me all Summer to finish the series, which is totally fine... Something to do.

I love singing though. I should look into joining a choir again. Had to stop when we got the kids. But I suck at reading music so it's not always easy either.

So basically... I'm a very boring person.

Are you talking Sims 3? You can adjust life span, and I have because I hate having them as babies for a long time. The kids I just get to meet & talk to friends in school so I don't have to work at it, then they can meet people at work. Usually when I find a friend I want an a (adult) sim to marry I make it happen in one date lol. Romantic Interest>BF/GF>Fiance>Wife/Husband in one go lol. There is a pet expansion, you can have cats, dogs & horses, and can "capture" wild animals like birds, lizards & rodents. There are even unicorns you can befriend and adopt (I've only been able to do it once).

In case you haven't noticed, I play this game entirely too much.

I used to play the thing all day long before I met my husband. I make their lifespan as long as I possibly can (except newborn babies, because they're boring), then I give the toddlers educational games and toys until all possible skills are at as high of a level as possible. I loved the whole teaching them to talk/walk and playing with blocks to increase logic and stuff.

Then when they became children I got to choose their traits because they were such prodigies as toddlers... ;) And I'd get the kids into painting and fishing and music and reading until their skill levels were as high as they could get... And so on. By the time they reached adulthood, they had a level 10 in almost every skill. The perfect human! ;)

My Sims game actually spanned three generations before I stopped playing. My original character was a great grandma!

I've restarted the Legacy challenge so many times I can't count, but I've never gotten past 4 generations. I think the problem is I never want to move anyone out of the house, so I'm trying to juggle the original couple, their kids, their kids' spouses, and their grandkids in one house. I get to the point I'm trying to carve out little closet spaces to give the new kids their own room, because I don't have room to expand the house anymore and have them get from their room to the car/schoolbus in time to get to work or school on time.

Then there's me, cold heartedly kicking them out as soon as they reach young adulthood. I keep one that I like the best to continue the game.

I move the oldest back in when their folks get really old, mostly so they get the house. But the other kids are out as soon as they're off to the University (Sims 2) expansion.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I woke up this morning with my breathing regular, but once I THOUGHT about breathing my heart started beating faster, before I'd even gotten out of bed. I think this confirms for me that it's just anxiety. I'm not going to go for the coffee this morning. My appetite has gone way down as well.

I feel better about it being anxiety than being my oncoming death, though! :lol:
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I was at 18500 near the end of the day and the fact that you did 20000 ALMOST kept me going but I was too darn lazy lol

I know, sometimes you hit a point where it's like "Meh, I'm done" lol. Next time you could just do a few good punches :lol:
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I challenged my dad to a weekend fitbit challenge, specifically because I knew I was doing a 5k this morning. Getting him back for when he didn't tell me he was playing soccer lol
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars, hope your 5k went well! And hopefully you kick your dad's butt in the fitbit challenge! ;)
    @FluffySandwich, glad to hear your breathing is just your anxiety and you're not dying! ;)

Hope everyone is having a good day! Weekends are so weird in here...so quiet!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi from page 1246! Im reading and trying to catch up, it may take a while.

I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.

What's wrong? I hope everything is ok......

Everything is OK. My mom had back surgery, and then a few days later had a stroke. She is alright, but her brain still isn't working quite right. She had a heck of a time trying to explain things to the ER, and my brother (who was with her at the time) called my sister instead of me.No one called me at all until like 4 days later. I had no clue.

My sister went to the hospital, and before she left, she dropped a bag of drugs somewhere in the exam room. When my mom tried to leave the hospital the next morning, cops were waiting outside to arrest her, because when the hospital staff cleaned her room, they found a bunch of heroin. She was super upset and scared about her brain issue, and then almost got arrested. She was banned from that hospital! I mean, really. Does no one have any common sense? I swear to goodness that I was switched at birth.
    That... is beyond words. And it broke my heart. I'm so sorry for you and your mom!!! I hope she gets better... it's awful she had to go through all of that at once, and to on top of that be banned from the hospital? Horrible!

Thank you. It was just a crazy situation, and my mom's health scares me and my anxiety was at a million percent. She seems to be recovering well. She has a good neurologist.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, about the house situation, hubby seems to have changed his mind. He really wants this house, and to be honest so do I, so we are going to get the down payment and deposit figured out so we can get the house. There's a lot of ways to try to get those up, so now it's just figuring out the best way to go about it. :smiley:
  • berlynnwall
    Options

I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.

Everything is OK. My mom had back surgery, and then a few days later had a stroke. She is alright, but her brain still isn't working quite right. She had a heck of a time trying to explain things to the ER, and my brother (who was with her at the time) called my sister instead of me.No one called me at all until like 4 days later. I had no clue.

My sister went to the hospital, and before she left, she dropped a bag of drugs somewhere in the exam room. When my mom tried to leave the hospital the next morning, cops were waiting outside to arrest her, because when the hospital staff cleaned her room, they found a bunch of heroin. She was super upset and scared about her brain issue, and then almost got arrested. She was banned from that hospital! I mean, really. Does no one have any common sense? I swear to goodness that I was switched at birth.

WTH? Are you same the person whose sister used your name to get out of trouble with the law?

I'm so sorry your mom not only had to go through all of this with not only the surgery/stroke, but with your sister getting her banned from the hospital.

Yep, that's me! My sister is just the best.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Enjoy your run! Looking forward to the pics.

@berlynnwall sorry to hear about your mum, hope she gets back to normal soon... and that drug stuff is so messed. If that was my sister, I'd probably march her down to the police and make her admit the drugs were hers... I admire your patience.

@Glinda1971 happy yard saling... hope you find some bargains!

Believe me, if I knew where to find her I would have called all the police after I found out she pretended to be me last week. She is basically homeless, roaming the bad part of town with scary people. When the police finally do catch her, she is going down hard.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So.....the super great yard sale was super sucky. Except they had a lifejacket for reasonable.

I also bought an electric trolling motor at one place, a new backpack for fishing at another and a car wash mitt.

I also, from one place for $10 I got:

Iib7mymmi8af4.jpg
    lv8sa3a9nkss.jpg

That is 3 purses, one vintage, a wallet and a Beatles jigsaw puzzle - because I love the Beatles.

And I goofed up. The lazy girl sale is tomorrow, not today.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Please excuse the laundry on the floor. I didn't notice my husband had been a slob until I posted.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @Glinda1971, have fun at the yard sale!
    @CountessKitteh, have fun at Hershey Park! Eat some chocolate for me too!

I agree eat all the chocolates for everyone:).
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

That is so awful! All judgment aimed directly at your sister: WHAT AN IDIOT!!!! all love hopes for a full recovery aimed at your mom.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: the next time I mow the back yard, I am definitely buying myself ice cream. This yogurt and grapes just isn't doing the trick.

Ice cream flavor suggestions that don't involve coconut, birthday cake or cookie dough are welcomed.