Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I did not enjoy the apple pie one, and it kind of broke my heart.

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Has anyone tried their protein powders yet? If so, what do you think of them?

http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/

Holy macaroni face! I am trying this:

http://blog.questnutrition.com/quest-nutrition-cookie-dough-vanilla-cupcakes/

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.

LOL to the bolded. I like Quest bars and have one for breakfast pretty much every day, but the lemon one is just terrible (and I also love lemon-flavoured desserts.)

THIS X1000. The Pledge, er, lemon pie flavor is the worst. It's right up there with the white chocolate raspberry one. Sorry @quiksylver296

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I just ate a Quest apple pie bar that tasted nothing like apple pie. It was quite gross ... but I ate it anyways. :blush:

I confess that I am on Quest's website looking at different recipes to make with Quest Bars.

Those bars are so expensive I can't believe people would actually plan to use them as ingredients in other recipes! Well, maybe if you bought a bad one, like the Pledge flavor.

LOL to the bolded. I like Quest bars and have one for breakfast pretty much every day, but the lemon one is just terrible (and I also love lemon-flavoured desserts.)

THIS X1000. The Pledge, er, lemon pie flavor is the worst. It's right up there with the white chocolate raspberry one. Sorry @quiksylver296

You all are broken. ;)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I blew off my 5 a.m. alarm for a run. I blew off my six a.m. alarm. I blew off my 6 a.m. appointment to go somewhere. I blew off my 7 a.m. volunteer work. I finally woke up at 9:45 a.m. I still feel groggy and tired (But not sick). I ate breakfast. I am going to make a list and slowly try to work my way through it today. I wish I knew what is going on with me. I have so much to do. Hopefully my energy will pick up, but if not then I'll respect my body and not overdo it. I had a breakfast of homecooked steel cut oats, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and butter. No I have no idea how many calories but I'd estimate 400 - 500 based on how much of each ingredient I had. Maybe more but I will get to the gym for a solid workout today so I am not terribly concerned. I just wish I felt more awake.

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't feeling quite yourself! I've been exhausted today to, but at least I know why. I hope you feel better soon--definitely listen to your body and take it easy if you need to. :)

Strangely I am wiped out today too. Like struggling to stay awake. I nodded off at the hairdresser. I wonder if it's a moon thing? I also didn't sleep great in prep of getting up early for the race and I really stepped up my exercise this week . Could also be residual race exhaustion. Drank a diet mt. Dew to perk up. Didn't help much. :(

I was practically falling asleep on my horses today. The hot humid weather isn't helping.

I had the same problem on Saturday. I went to bed about 10:30 Friday, got up at 7:00 and had to go have a nap by 1:00 pm because I was so wiped. Then I was in bed before 11:00 that night. It's very rare that I need to nap.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Guys, guys, guess what?! We went to Oakwood Homes today, just to see what they would say about us being able to buy a mobile home. Needless to say, we found a style we fell in love with, and the person we worked with sounded very optimistic that we would be able to get financing for it. I hope so, because we've worked really hard to fix some things on our credit to get to this point! He's sending in our paperwork on Monday and we should know something within 3-4 days of that. Not to mention, a good friend of the family may possibly let us rent a lot on his land (he used to have a mobile home park) for it! I'm excited, but I don't want to get too excited lol. :smile:

Very exciting! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    GUYSGUYSGUYS!!!! After almost 2 weeks, I'm FINALLY CAUGHT UP ON THIS THREAD!!! I'm happier about this than you can possibly imagine. Members of the batcave know why.

I still have not gotten around to posting any vacation pictures (anywhere) but I'm hoping to get to that soon. I have to airplane window shots that are really cool and I can't wait for you all to see them, and the beach we went to was just beautiful. I also have some pics of Mr. Mo and I that I plan on sharing in the random pictures thread in the batcave. I missed you all so incredibly much and I'm glad to be back.

Good job on catching up!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my crazy bug bite rash on my leg or not. I had been to immediate care a couple of times and had taken a course of Keflex but it never got any better. It got super bad over this past weekend so I went to my regular doc on Monday and she drew some blood to test. I just got back from there with a Lyme disease diagnosis and a month's supply of doxycycline as my parting gift. Woo! That's what I get for living in the woods, I guess. LOL

Oh no! I'm really glad you decided to go to the doctor. That is scary. I hope you get better soon.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I love your rings! So beautiful! :)

And since we're sharing those, this was my first Christmas gift as a married woman (hubby is a sneaky little thing), it may have been the sweetness of his thoughts, or the pregnancy hormones I had going on, but I cried so hard! (When we got married, I only had my engagement ring and one of my mom's old bands lol)

r9gzdaa74qck.jpg

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Wow that's strange & amazing that you had the same dream for at least two weeks! Do any of you ever get Deja Vu?

Years before I started teaching, I dreamed about being in front of a classroom full of kids, teaching a certain lesson. Several years into my teaching career, I was there- in that classroom, with those kids, teaching that lesson. It freaked me out! I have had many other Deja Vu experiences, but that one stands out!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    sst036 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    sst036 wrote: »
    Went to the gym this morning...and got McDonald's for breakfast on the way home. I have no idea why other than I didn't want to make an omelette when I got home like I was supposed to. Oh well.

I am also going to make those chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bars that were posted earlier (I lurk like a creep a lot because I'm in Australia and all the interesting conversation happens when it's night here). Thanks for providing my dessert inspiration for tonight's dinner party!
    How'd they turn out?
    Super sweet and rich. There is a looooooot of sugar in it, but it was good anyway. No one had had anything like that before, so it was a hit.

I made those yesterday and may have had some for breakfast this morning. SO GOOD!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.
    Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

There are a lot of 3-in-1s for kids so you might want to look for those. Aussie makes a pretty nice one. The Suave's not bad, either. Plus they smell all fruity. LOL
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 your rings are beautiful!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    So jealous of everyone's bling!!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Y'all were sharing your wedding bands while I was on vacation, and now I feel left out. Hubby and I designed this with a small local jeweler eighteen years ago, and I still LOVE it. I'm so glad I found something that I feel is classic and beautiful - not trendy and will go out of style quickly.

mp27n31po3s9.jpg

Your ring is pretty and so are you long tanned fingers.

I do have very long fingers - tanned from last week's vacation :p . I can span an octave and a half on a piano. Wish I knew how to play one. That's a bucket list thing for me, learning to play a piano.

That is a way better bucket list item than rolling down a hill.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options

Yep. I can manage to finish the other flavors, even if I'm not really a fan, but the lemon is the only one I've ever thrown out mid-bite.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options

*gasp* That's the best one!!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    How do we get @Italian_Buju to come back?! Also, where has Lois been? @m1xm0d3 thanks for holding it down for the fellas. Glad to see you stuck around.

@ASG_21 nice to put a user name with @susieqshusband. Welcome, Lurky McLurkerson.

I can't believe I forgot the "Mc" part. Thanks for bring that to my attention @Susieq_1994

You guys certainly are a persistent group......

I think I have had enough interaction with you guys in the group since I embarrassed myself that I should be able to just swallow my pride, even if I choke on it a little. However you guys do realize that now I have two weeks worth of posts to catch up on and binge post on things possibly two weeks old, right? This might turn into a case of be careful what you wish for lol.

I do want to say thanks guys. I tried to post a few times but kept stumbling over my words and never knew what to say. Even though I did not read along with this thread, I did check when I had notifications here. You guys rock.
    Sorry I got freaked out :|

Glad you felt comfortable enough to come back. :) I hope you are doing okay.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I also confess that some days I forget to wear deodorant to work.

I keep an extra at work in my desk for days like that1
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @Glinda1971 Great NSV's. Seeing your toes is a BIG deal!!
    @KylerJaye Yay for finding what sounds like a good one. Hope it works out!!
    @rungirl1973 How is your daughter doing?
    @raelynnsmama52512 Fingers crossed for you on your financing
    @orangesmarties Thinking about you!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    This isn't a confession, just a sharing of sorts.

I had the BEST weekend.

We did in fact get the house clean Saturday (minus our bedroom and bathroom) and I feel so much less stressed now. The food was incredible and I even got to spend some much needed time with my best friend. I got to experience grilled pineapple for the first time and it is heavenly. I would highly recommend it if you haven't tried it. I would suggest coating it in cinnamon and brown sugar. Seriously...HEAVENLY.

Yesterday, we overslept so didn't make it to church, but it was nice to sleep in. We lied in bed almost all day watching Netflix and cuddling. o:) Around 5 or so, we got up and got dressed and went to Mooyah's for dinner because I had some gift cards to use. It was incredibly yummy. Mr. Mo had the turkey burger (which I tried and it was delicious. I will be getting that next time) and I had the bacon cheeseburger. I look forward to going again.

Afterwards, we went to the store to pick up a few things and then headed back home. I changed back into my jammies and Mr. Mo made a pound cake since we had strawberries and pineapple left over but only 1 piece of cake left from the night before. After the cake went into the over, he made us a bowl of strawberries, and pineapple pound cake with vanilla bean ice cream to share. I did not log it. Oops.

We finished OITNB (Boo, Piper) and started watching Breaking Bad. We are on season 2 episode 3 already and just started watching yesterday afternoon. What an incredibly well done show!

It was an incredible weekend that was not only fun, but very productive. I am looking forward to spending the week with my honey since Rachael is in Alabama with my mom and stepdad.

Sorry so long, but I just had to share!

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    So jealous of everyone's bling!!

Me too!!