Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Yay @Lois_1989 you're back!! Congrats on the weight loss that's awesome and I'm happy you're feeling better and not having cravings!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon that is definitely a NSV!! I couldn't do it I love me some cupcakes- way to go!!!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi, all,

Just giving a quick update, as I may be in and out over the next few days. I am at my Mom's for vacation with my sister and her 2 kids who are 14 (girl) and 10 (boy). We are going to NY today and visiting the new world trade center and then maybe the village and maybe the Empire State Bldg. Then Times Square tonight and dinner. Then I booked a hotel off of central park and in the AM we'll go for a long walk in central park (I am going to run there in the AM before they get up), lunch in central park and then I got us all tickets to the Lion King. I have never seen it and am SO excited.

I live 45 minutes from NY, used to work there daily, still go in a lot, and still get like a kid when I can go in and play tourist. I LOVE NYC!

Will take plenty of pics to share with you all when I can get them uploaded.

Take care... sorry have to say this... no politics and remember no swearing! (Excusing yourself or apologizing to the people who don't like it before you swear still counts as swearing...). I think we have all gotten back to a good place the last few days, let's stay there so we don't lose any of our dear friends. Thanks!

That sounds like an amazing vacation! Have a great time!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Except for crayon and coupon (q-pon), I pronounce each of those words interchangeably. I guess it depends on my mood or something.

I also randomly bust out with a fake British accent. :)

Doesn't every non-British person? I assume British people will bust out fake American or Canadian accents too.

They probably do. I wonder if they all impersonate southern people more than other regions?

I would think so!

I think more than anything it would be either New York (Friends influence) or LA kind of area. I'm not going to lie, I have trouble understanding the southern accent. There was some sort of vampirey programme on based in the south and I gave up because I couldn't understand what they were saying.

Southern accents on tv are GREATLY exaggerated. We don't really sound like that! :wink: Right, @crosbylee ?
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I forgot to share my latest NSV with you.

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Nice! What is pistachio salad? Sounds yummy.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

Okay, so no judgement and all, but...salad? SALAD? How is that a salad? LOL.

I'm young enough to have escaped all those things with Jello and Cool-Whip and marshmallows that people refer to as "salad", so I always find it kind of shocking that they still exist, hahaha.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I spent $250 yesterday on new workout clothes and a new pair of shoes for lifting....totally didn't have the money to spend...but somehow, I don't regret it...

Can one ever regret cute new clothes?

And of course you want to ensure you have proper footwear for your workouts :wink:
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I spent $250 yesterday on new workout clothes and a new pair of shoes for lifting....totally didn't have the money to spend...but somehow, I don't regret it...

It was an investment, so that's why there is no regret. I'm a bit jealous. You should post pics in the batcave of your haul.

I definitely will!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Man I have a huge craving for lime jello now! I may have to buy some today >.>
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Can one ever regret cute new clothes?

And of course you want to ensure you have proper footwear for your workouts :wink:

So glad you people understand!! Lol.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @nonoelmo So sorry to hear about your son. Hoping and praying for a good outcome. Also, you need to buy that Dr Pepper t-shirt :) that's funny stuff

@orangesmartie That sounds a lot to deal with! Take care of yourself and enjoy that vacation! (((hugs)))

@ohgeeque Ouch!! but the rest of your post made me laugh out loud.

Yes - I agree with all of this! (Sorry, just doing quick skimming)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Except for crayon and coupon (q-pon), I pronounce each of those words interchangeably. I guess it depends on my mood or something.

I also randomly bust out with a fake British accent. :)

Doesn't every non-British person? I assume British people will bust out fake American or Canadian accents too.

They probably do. I wonder if they all impersonate southern people more than other regions?

I would think so!

I think more than anything it would be either New York (Friends influence) or LA kind of area. I'm not going to lie, I have trouble understanding the southern accent. There was some sort of vampirey programme on based in the south and I gave up because I couldn't understand what they were saying.

Southern accents on tv are GREATLY exaggerated. We don't really sound like that! :wink: Right, @crosbylee ?

Exactly Ceci!!! :#
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Well, I held out but we had pizza today at work for completeing a survey for the hospital. I did have some salad with it and two pieces of pizza. It looks like I can fit it in my day, but I may have to do a bit more walking. Pretty good for me, I didn't completely wreck the day.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I totally splurged this past week and ate quite of bit of zucchini bread i baked with the help of my garden:)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Contrary03 wrote: »
    I totally splurged this past week and ate quite of bit of zucchini bread i baked with the help of my garden:)

Mmmmm...zucchini bread :)
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I got mad at my BF because I wanted a little chocolate with my lunch so i grabbed for my PB chocolate snack mix and he ate all the butterfingers out of it. That was disappointing!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in quickly before I run off to google the official recipe for Pistachio Salad... which I MUST have!

@pofoster21 your NYC itinerary sounds like so much fun... enjoy yourself!

@orangesmartie thanks for checking in with the update... you're dealing with so much right now, hope it all works out for the best.

@lilaclovebird work sounds pretty grueling, glad you can still visit us on here!

@Lois_1989 glad the low carb has been such a success and congrats on losing 9 lbs! (and PS my father does say aluminium correctly)
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi from page 1246! Im reading and trying to catch up, it may take a while.

I miss you guys. I have been having a bit of a rough time. I'm seeing a trend of this as I read through. I hope everyone is doing alright, and I will check in as I can.

What's wrong? I hope everything is ok......

Everything is OK. My mom had back surgery, and then a few days later had a stroke. She is alright, but her brain still isn't working quite right. She had a heck of a time trying to explain things to the ER, and my brother (who was with her at the time) called my sister instead of me.No one called me at all until like 4 days later. I had no clue.

My sister went to the hospital, and before she left, she dropped a bag of drugs somewhere in the exam room. When my mom tried to leave the hospital the next morning, cops were waiting outside to arrest her, because when the hospital staff cleaned her room, they found a bunch of heroin. She was super upset and scared about her brain issue, and then almost got arrested. She was banned from that hospital! I mean, really. Does no one have any common sense? I swear to goodness that I was switched at birth.

I am so sorry to hear this! Is your brother normally like that? I can't believe your sister would do that >.<
    Don't most drug addicts pay attention to where their drugs are at all times??

Sorry I did not see this earlier, I did not ready anything this morning when I posted, I do not want you to think I passed by this post, I just saw it now!

It's ok, Im kind of in and out of here. I'm having trouble finding a moment to sit down and relax.

Thanks. My brother is not normally a flake, but unfortunately he is also on drugs. And he is only 21. I'm the only one out of the three of us that never got addicted to any substances. I think my sister was really upset about my mom and just wasn't paying close attention to where her stuff was. I'm sure she noticed later and was mad as heck at herself. (that she lost it, not that she caused my mom more trouble. She never forgets to be self centered ).

I only have a minute, so I want to thank everyone else who expressed sympathy/frustration for my situation too. You guys are awesome. Im going to try to read a bit more before I have to go do something else. One day I will catch up!
  • berlynnwall
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi all just stopping by again to make sure you don't forget me and to say I am not dead...

I am in Wellsboro PA home of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. Google it. Its gorgeous. I have a very hilly 1/2 marathon here today. I have been taking tons of pics for y'all. Will post when I get to my computer. I'll catch up with everyone tonight and I miss you all! HAPPY SATURDAY!

Happy Saturday! Good luck at your 1/2! I'm up bright and early (ugh) to do my (less impressive) 5k lol.

It was tempting to sleep in, nobody IRL would care if I came to the run or not, but I thought of how supportive everyone one is here and that got my butt out of bed. So thanks everyone! (I think :wink: )

Good luck today POF!!!

Thanks! I had a GREAT day! So... race report (cause I know you all are DYING to hear this!):

The course is beautiful. I will post a ton of pictures in the bat cave after catching up but will also include a few at the end of this post.

It starts at the rim of the "Grand Canyon" of Pennsylvania, and they run you around a bit up there before running you down hill for about 4 - 5 miles then turn you around and run you back uphill. The day was a bit chilly at 5:30 in the AM on the rim, but once you started running you warmed up fast! I started out pretty strong (especially given my friend and I did the trail path down to the bottom of the canyon the day before and it really took a toll on my quads and knees the day before). But after mile 3 I really felt great. The day started with a mist, which you will see in the pics, and it was gorgeous. I stopped at mile 4 where there was a lookout to take some pics. The day was sunny, sky blue, not too hot, and the scenery was just incredible.

I finished in 2:09 (which should have been 2:05 except for a 4 min porta potty stop, which I could have skipped but figured I wasn't really running for time anyway), which on the course with the small crowd, earned me 3rd place in my age group. Woo hoo! My friend also did really well as well, she was 6th in her age group. Then we had a nice drive home and when I got home I was restless (never get home at 5 on a saturday) so decided to walk the 2.6 miles to the grocery store and liquor store and 'earn' a glass (or 2) of wine tonight while I catch up on here.

So for my fitbit challenge friends means I have nearly 40K steps today! :)

Pics:

ETA: I can't believe I forgot this part! So my NSV in my 260 day logging streak... Yesterday at the race expo, I was buying a new reflective vest to be able to run early am/late pm (to keep my motivation commitments) and the guy sized me up and said 'you're pretty petite you may not need...". PRETTY PETITE! OMG. No one has EVER called me that. I wanted to kiss him. My friend, who is ALWAYS petite, just rolled her eyes when I turned to her and said...Did you hear what he said?????????????????????????

That course is beautiful. I want to go to there.

Awesome NSV.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Hey from 1299!

Today I found out that I could walk to the library on my side of town. It's about 1.5 miles away, which is further than I generally make my kids walk, but we made it! And it wasn't that bad. The way you have to drive is a lot further than the back road way I figured out (and there is no way they would have made it through that route), so this is a major success.

And just THINK of all the steps you will get in!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm literally so excited that I can walk to the library. I took the class/ story time schedule and I am all about it. When my older kids are in school, I'm going to break out the jogging stroller and hit it much faster. It took about 40 minutes to walk with the kids, I think I could do it in 15-20 if I'm the only one walking. Also, it wont be so hot.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Gosh that is embarrassing to put on the internet..... :neutral:

don't feel embarrassed. i have this weird bit of it too that runs across the collar line of my back. it bugs the crap out of me because it's juuuuust in the right spot to be seen when my hair is pulled up. still working on getting rid of it. dr said it's a slow process. grrrr.