Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't keep any dessert type snacks in my house like cookies or cake or chocolate because I am incapable of eating them in moderation.

You're not alone. I am banning ice cream, cookies, & other desserts for a long time until I can eat them in moderation.

I have no food in my house. No wine, no snacks, no goodies. I can't eat anything in moderation when its in my house.

Yeah, we saw your fridge.....apparently mints are the only thing you can control yourself around, LMAO!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So I'm slowly sliding into "maintenance" (I'd still love to lose another 7 lbs or so before I have plastic surgery) and upping my cals, which actually seems to be working out ok. I'm adding about 100 extra this week, then next week I'll add another 50-100 extra, etc. I'm such a nut though that I compensate by immediately going and exercising more *sigh* ugh!

Checked my calendar and it looks like the 1st week of Nov is the best time at work for me to have the surgery and finances should be ok by then, too. So that's the tentative time frame I'm working with, and I should be able to pull 5-7 lbs off by then. We'll see what the surgeons say, I guess. It's about 14 weeks away, so that seems pretty feasible.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Crazy busy at work! Miss you guys!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, sorry I was away on a long weekend and haven't had time to keep up. I haven't been doing very well on this website recently. :confounded:
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm one of those weirdo's...I prefer cold weather to warm. It's easier to get warm when you're cold and also winter clothes are my FAVE!! I love sweaters, leggings, skinny jeans, sweater dresses, boots, and my all time favorite- COATS!! <3

I'm a weirdo too then. There is a limit to how many clothes you can take off and be decent in public when it's too hot.

You can add as many layers as you need when it's cold. And I love sweaters!!

I love being hot and once I am cold I find it hard to get warm no matter how many layers... I have to lay shivering under an electric blanket or take a long hot bath.

This is the only way I can warm up if I have been cold for a long time. My thighs just stay cold which just makes the rest of me feel cold.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Okay, as another word comparison, how do you say batteries?

Bat-trees or (the correct way lol) batter-ees ?

Batter-ees! Pet peeve here, people who can't say espresso correctly...

Yup, and people who say 'pacific' instead of 'specific'. No, no 'Pacific' is an ocean honey, you mean specific.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I spent $250 yesterday on new workout clothes and a new pair of shoes for lifting....totally didn't have the money to spend...but somehow, I don't regret it...
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda pop, but one of my brothers calls it Coke. As in, "What kind of Coke do you want? Sprite or Pepsi?"
    I don't get this at all :lol: Coke is just ONE drink! If I asked for coke and someone asked me ''What coke do you want?'' I'd be like ''Uhhh... coke? :neutral: " I wonder... which specific region in the US/anywhere else calls it coke?

If someone asked me that I would have thought they were asking if I wanted fat coke, diet coke, coke zero or coke life. Not a completely different fizzy drink all together, lol

You forgot fat Cherry Coke. Which is the best of all of the Cokes.

We finally got Cherry Coke back in the last couple weeks. I was SO excited to see it the store. I was like "I need this, right now"

It is seriously one of life's hardest decisions deciding between Cherry Coke and Dr. Pepper at restaurants that offer both. I feel like I'm Sophie in Sophie's Choice.

Cherry Coke definitely wouldn't be at restaurants here, and not very many places have Dr Pepper. :cry:

I found the same thing in Florida. If they had something, it was usually Mr. Pibb. We've had this discussion before. Mr. Pibb IS NOT DR. PEPPER. I'm pretty sure the next time I go somewhere and ask for a Dr. Pepper and they ask, "Is Mr. Pibb okay?" I'm going to say, "Sure, is Monopoly money okay?!"

Ah ha ha ha brilliant!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

Yup, and people who say 'pacific' instead of 'specific'. No, no 'Pacific' is an ocean honey, you mean specific.

Yeah Michiganders are notorious for all of this. We say (well, some do) Pacific, aks/axe you a question (instead of ask) expresso (I don't; I'm a coffee snob so I say espresso lol)... we mangle the English language.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I sometimes intentionally say specific instead of Pacific as a running joke among some friends.

@TigerNY128 there's never a reason to regret a cute set of new clothes. :wink:

• Lois_1989
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    While we're on the topic of pronunciation... ENvelope or ONvelope? (I say "en")

Envelope... unless I'm speaking with a fake British accent

On this note, you ALL say aluminium wrong :wink:
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I just got back from a screening of The Man From U.N.C.L.E., and since I saw it for free the least I can do is spread the word around that it is a very, VERY good movie. I have never seen the TV show, but the movie was stylish and completely AWESOME! I would definitely see it again. From the start I was hooked, and I didn't know anything about it prior from seeing it. It comes out on August 14 if anyone is interested ;)

Oh, I loved that show. I didn't know they were making a movie. I will definitely go see that! Thanks for the heads up!
    Honestly I can't wait for it to come out so I can go see it again. Awesome theater experience :lol:

• Lois_1989
    Options
    Except for crayon and coupon (q-pon), I pronounce each of those words interchangeably. I guess it depends on my mood or something.

I also randomly bust out with a fake British accent. :)

Doesn't every non-British person? I assume British people will bust out fake American or Canadian accents too.

They probably do. I wonder if they all impersonate southern people more than other regions?

I would think so!

I think more than anything it would be either New York (Friends influence) or LA kind of area. I'm not going to lie, I have trouble understanding the southern accent. There was some sort of vampirey programme on based in the south and I gave up because I couldn't understand what they were saying.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju - what are the six kinds of cheese in your refrigerator? I currently have cottage, cream, shredded Colby-jack, mozzarella, parmesan and Kraft singles for my boys to make grilled cheese for their lunches. I ate a piece of that yesterday between my toast and scrambled egg whites for breakfast because I am tragically out of Swiss and provolone.

There are things we agree on, let's talk about those. :)

I think it was me that said I have 6 kinds of cheese - when I go to list them, it's actually more.

I have:

Canadian Cheddar
    Marble
    Laughing cow
    Cream cheese
    Cottage cheese
    A nice chunk of Parmesan
    Cheese slices for my husband
    Mozzarella
    Swiss
    Baby Bel Gouda
    Thunder Oak Gouda ( thunder oak is a local cheese farm)
    Havarti
    Armstrong herb and garlic cheese snacks ( I think they are cheddar based)

We like cheese. :)

Wow that is a lot of cheese. I don't even think I know what they all are.

Ha ha I was thinking exactly the same thing!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

OMG this so much!!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I had a custard donut for the first time in my life today. I've been missing out!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Except for crayon and coupon (q-pon), I pronounce each of those words interchangeably. I guess it depends on my mood or something.

I also randomly bust out with a fake British accent. :)

Doesn't every non-British person? I assume British people will bust out fake American or Canadian accents too.

I would think that is how Hugh Laurie got the role of House. Frequent random practice.

Whenever he was on a late night show my jaw dropped whenever I realized he was actually from England.

My sister was the one who said "You gotta watch this interview with Hugh Laurie!" I was like okay whatever... I went to sit in the chair as she hit play and I missed and fell on the floor! :lol:
    Like, REALLY?! He's from ENGLAND?! :astonished:

Go back and watch Friends episode "The One With Ross's Wedding Pt. 2. He's sitting next to Rachel on the plane. He has his accent.

OMG, I thought about that exact same thing when someone mentioned Hugh Laurie

Hugh Laurie is a legend. In his younger years he was in a comedy called Black Adder and it's my absolute favourite.
    Also FYI he is a brilliant singer and musician. <3
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Since around the first of May I hadn't really logged food, I just logged in to keep my log-in streak, I lost nothing and actually put on a couple so I'm back to actually logging
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Confession: I have not been pushing myself as much as I feel I should with the exercise because, I feel I am scared to see the results. If that makes any sense?? I have lived in this fat suit for so long now, it's like my personal protective gear. I want to lose this weight, but I think I am a bit scared to see the actual results.

I understand this. Push through. Work on your braveness. You can do it and you will LOVE the results.

I haven't given up, nor will I. It will take me working beyond my fears. It would still be wonderful to get it off faster, but I know this is going to take time to do it the right way.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @KylerJaye I didn't backtrack to the original post. I just wanted to second whoever told you to be sure to be yourself. Be very true to you but in order to do that you have to know yourself well. For me that means checking in with myself and checking in with my motives. Speaking just of myself, sometimes I want things to go a certain way so I push them that way. In my present relationship I am trying very hard to (1) know what I want and (2) see if SO wants the same thing or compatible thing without pushing anything. Sometimes I have to sit on my hands and restrain myself but I want to make sure we want the same thing without him being pushed into anything. I am super sleepy so I hope that made sense. To thine own self be true. <3

ETA This is advice I am going to work very hard to follow in my life in the coming months to year. I just found out about son possibly needing another heart surgery. I will be interested to see SO's reaction. His son also has special needs but has not needed surgeries. It is going to be challenging for me to watch my son go into the congestive heart failure again (unless medicine has changed since the last time and that is possible too) before they take the risk of surgery. I need to figure out what I need/expect from SO and I need to see what he does without being pushed into anything. This will certainly be a place when I can see how compatible we are long term. Would I cut him free if he does not handle it well? Yes. I know that people are who they are and real change is rare. So far it has been good. We'll see where this new development leads. I will not settle for less than a great match. :smile:

ETA #2 Just spoke to him. His initial reaction was loving and compassionate and just right. <3

I am sending you some positive vibes that everything works out for your son . Hugs to you!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @orangesmarties Thank you for the update. You have so much on your plate right now just know we are all here if you need an ear.