Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    That's a good way to put it- it felt like I was being treated as though I had committed a crime. Everyone would say ''So what are YOU in for?'' and I would say ''I don't know.'' Then they'd call me a liar. I did talk to a girl who claimed to have brought down a plane by screaming and punching people. I can understand why you panicked and I'm sorry :( I'm sure not all hospitals are like that one, and a good therapist can go a long way. I hope you're feeling better now, you deserve to be feeling your very best :)

I've had a similar experience (was only there for about three days though). But (please don't think bad of me) I saw all the different kinds of people there and I was just thinking to myself, I'm not as crazy as these people, why am I here?
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wow! I loved reading all your confessions! It does make me feel less of a weirdo when I do the following:
    1) I take off 0.2lbs from the scale, because you never know. And, I weigh myself every day and record it every day.
    2) When I'm feeling desperate, I will eat celery and salsa and not log it, even if it's a whole jar of salsa.
    3) I am also a bulk eater and will eat mountains of lettuce and mounds of steamed broccoli and cauliflower at meal times.
  • amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    amyford25 wrote: »
    Confession: I am being such a scaredy cat and I hate it! I started going to a gym last week with the intention of beginning strength training. I downloaded the stronglifts app and have watched the videos a billion times to get the form right. Every time I go in there and approach the weights, I see all those guys in that area doing their thing. I then turn around and go where all the women are and do the elliptical for 45 min. then go home. What is wrong with me? I thought I was a brave person until this... sigh.

Don't worry! You're not alone, it can be very intimidating! Is there a trainer you can book for one session to "show you the ropes"? Can you start with dumbbells instead of the bar? Otherwise, just take a deep breath and go for it! 99 times out of a hundred the guys in that area doing their thing aren't going to think twice about you. Just do your thing, even if you go in and do a couple of warm up squats or deadlifts, or just a few lifts that aren't related to stronglifts (bicep curls, what have you) to get used to just being in the area. The more you go, the less intimidating it will seem. Almost everyone, even those guys, have felt the same feeling of anxiety when first stepping into the weight room where everyone else looks like they belong there naturally. It takes time to get used to it!

Thank You! There's only one trainer there and he's never available when I go in after work... at least so far. I don't think I chose a great gym, but it's cheap. That's a good idea, the idea of the bar itself is intimidating to me. I'm going to get in there and work with the dumbbells today to get used to being there.
  • MissAmyx
    MissAmyx Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 301 calories over my allowance today and the red numbers are taunting me so much that I was going to work out.....but then I found myself realising that even if I do, the workout maximum I can manage without killing myself still would be short of what I need to burn off so I decided it wasn't worth it.

I'm doubly ashamed of myself for enjoying the meal and not working out :(

Im in the exact same position today! I went over by about 300 calories, I had my work dumbbells and floor mat all laid out ready to do at least SOME exercise for today I flicked the tv to put my workout dvd in....then i noticed the show that was on and long story short it's 3 and a half hours later and i've not moved off the couch and my dumbbells have remained untouched this evening xD
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    So I got into a car accident on Friday and damaged my car to where I can't legally drive it. Both the girl and I are ok and we exchanged information and no damage to either of us but, damn. I didn't need this. 300 deductible as well for the shop :/

I hope you are okay. What a mess. I hope everything works out okay.

Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So I'm only going to work for about an hour and a half today. I have an abscessed tooth to the point where half my face is swollen.
    Since I don't have a dentist or a doctor at the moment, I guess it's hours in emergency for me this morning. Since all the walk ins require you to be a patient of their Clinic.

Ouch. That is painful. I’m glad you are getting it worked on though. I know those can get bad/deadly. I’m really afraid of dentist so in the past I’ve used this stuff I’ve found at Walgreens called Red Cross Toothache that has helped with the pain. (Please don’t flag me for spam haha) It worked for me so it may be worth a try. It tastes gross though.

I've been thinking about you. I'm glad you were able to talk with him, but the whole situations just sucks. :(

Thank you. You all have helped me more than you know. I was very therapeutic to be able to talk to someone about everything. I’m trying not to talk about it too much here though because I don’t want a pity party.
  • MissAmyx
    MissAmyx Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh and my confession....
    I had a complete CBF day today, I had a double healping of sugary cereal for breakfast today and my lunch consisted of 2 muesli bars and a sausage and my tea consisted of BBQ shapes, handfuls of skittles crumpets drowned in maple syrup and a fair few snack sized chocolate bars!
    Thats easily the biggest amount of food i've eaten for close to a month and i feel quite ill from eating so much buuut meh whats done is done i guess as long as i dont repeat this again tomorrow all should be well :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am being such a scaredy cat and I hate it! I started going to a gym last week with the intention of beginning strength training. I downloaded the stronglifts app and have watched the videos a billion times to get the form right. Every time I go in there and approach the weights, I see all those guys in that area doing their thing. I then turn around and go where all the women are and do the elliptical for 45 min. then go home. What is wrong with me? I thought I was a brave person until this... sigh.

I don't like the free weights section.. I always feel so self conscious there. Plus there's only one rack anyway and I don't want to start something that might require me to wait in line. No thanks. I don't go to the gym to get aggravated. So I just use my dumbbells at home, even if progress is horribly slow, as they only go up in 5 pounds increments (that and doing squats with 45 pounds dumbbells sucks. My arms give up way before my legs do).

When I asked my trainer to show me how the rack works, he said they don't like people using it without a trainer anyway... so that gave me a pretty good excuse not to bother too (we get one free trainer session every 3 months, I admit I haven't bothered in a year, he always makes me do some machines and I just can't be bothered).

Confession - I'm glad I have those excuses. I hate lifting.

Speaking of weights, I got offended the other day at the store because I went to pick up a 24 pack of bottled water (which I buy because I hate having to refill our filtered water pitcher 20x a day and wait for the thing to be done filtering), and the stock guy offered to pick it up for me. Dude, I can bench press 60 pounds, I can carry a 24 pack of water bottles. Sheesh.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Hopping in the thread from almost a week ago. Said I have 2.2k NEW. Hahaha. Time to start fresh on page 916, I guess.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Hopping in the thread from almost a week ago. Said I have 2.2k NEW. Hahaha. Time to start fresh on page 916, I guess.

I'm not quite that far behind, but there's no way I'm going to be able to go back and catch up. Just jumping in on this page as well.

Did anything fun or momentous happen on page 900?!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Congratulations, super late! (Which is different than super great. You are super great, and faces have protein. :p )
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    On Friday, my 13-year-old daughter told me that she's been depressed for over a year and wanted to go see a therapist. This was after a major meltdown over what should have been a minor incident. We'd noticed she's been withdrawn and has been spending a lot of time in her room, but thought it was just typical teenage moodiness. I'll be calling the dr. first thing tomorrow, but have also been doing some research and trying to find things to do on our end. This isn't something I've ever dealt with before. One of the things that was recommended was getting her out of her isolation, as well as exercise. I brought her with me to work today (I work at a university library). She's currently out collecting books (she loves to read) and hitting the Cyber Cafe. She seems very happy today. I also spoke to her about joining a gym together, at least for the summer, and she was very receptive to the idea. So, we'll be going to the YMCA tomorrow to check it out. I'm a little scared to join a gym, as I don't like working out in front of people. But, I'm willing to do it for her. She's excited that they might have a pool. I told her there's no way I'm wearing a bathing suit in public, but she's welcome to swim without me. Anyway, this isn't really a confession, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.

I applaud you for being proactive in dealing with your daughter's depression. I also have a 13 year old and would be heartbroken to learn she was depressed. If I had any helpful advice though, if your YMCA does have a pool, go swimming with your daughter. She couldn't care less what you look like in a swimsuit (there are ALWAYS people that will look worse), she just wants to spend time with you doing something she enjoys. I wish I wouldn't have been so self-conscious the past several years about being in public in a swimsuit and would have just enjoyed getting to spend quality time with my girl. I'm working through that.

Good luck though and have fun hanging out with your daughter.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Update on the biopsy, they got the results really fast... and there is no cancer - no concerns! WooHoo! Now time for my weekend to begin.

More congratulations! This is a good day to be catching up.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I might get a little too excited about my breakfast every morning...and it's the same thing every day. It is just so good that I can't bring myself to have anything else.
    I also confess that I don't mind listening to my son's DJ Shuffle Volume One cd when driving in the car. I actually really enjoy it and sing along to all the songs. I get sad when he wants to switch to a different cd.

I always get excited when it's breakfast time & I can eat my Quest bar again. My favorite at the moment is White Chocolate Raspberry. I still want to try the mint one.

They are really good!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Ok so I’m still catching up, but hope everyone is well.
    I weighed myself this morning and I’m only 2.6 lb away from a normal BMI. I know, I know BMI is junk, but at least it’s something to measure myself with. I bought a new pair of jeans and a shirt this past weekend- it was supposed to be my “reward outfit” for losing 25 lb, but I’m only 2 lb away from that and desperately needed new jeans for work. So…17 lb left to lose til my ultimate goal and today I’m actually optimistic I can do it.

Awesome! You CAN do it.

Update: FIL is home from the hospital (as of Thursday night). So far things are going alright. He's still got to take it easy, and the meds will take time and multiple adjustments, but overall, things are peachy.
    NSV: Made it back to the gym to lift yesterday (SL5x5, how I've missed you), and it was AWESOME. Despite the spotty attendance the last few weeks month, I can now pull up more than half my body weight! Gonna hit up the gym for some cardio this evening, and get back into the swing of things.
    Confession: I want to eat everything marshmallow right now. It's 10:15am.

Glad that the FIL is home. That is good news.
    I’m very impressed with your ability to do pull ups that are half your weight! I have always had weakling arms and even after months of training, never was able to do a pull up.

The shop will usually give you a ride home. Just ask.

This is what I was going to say. I’ve always been able to get a ride home from the shop.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Here is a picture of my lovely bruise. My leg is really swollen, it hurts constantly, and my foot keeps falling asleep. I think working out this week was not the best idea, but I'm trying to do all I can before I go on vacation and have to be seen in public in a bikini. Yellow means it's healing, right?!

yy12snvtb9io.jpg

Ouch; hopefully, it's healed before vacation.

Speaking of bruises do any of you see a bruise & touch it to see if it hurts LOL?

Of course! Isn't that required?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Oh a confession. Been wanting to post this one for a while now...

When there are high calorie foods I want to eat but can't bother to even try to fit in my calories, I just have a cheat day and eat them all. I do realize that it's completely counter productive because I still end up eating the calories, but I can't help it... I'll be like 'oh I've been craving this, might as well have it today too so I don't have to worry about making those 700 calories fit tomorrow'. Typically works for high calorie foods like cupcakes because I don't even have a clue how many calories they have anyway.

Thankfully that hasn't happened in a while though and I've actually managed to mostly make the things I've been craving fit in my days... I just try to save them for days when I'm not that hungry anyway, so I don't end up being hangry all day because of it.

Still really want a nice cupcake and a piece of pie, but just can't fit that in without being hangry. It sucks.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My friend is supposed to be bringing her kids over today (5 & 2) and while I like seeing them, I'm also kind of dreading it. Her kids get super excited about seeing my dog but have no idea how to properly behave around them.
    They shriek and cry and run around and try to sneak up behind her to pet her. My dog is 2, I've had her for 6 months. She was never exposed to kids with her previous owners and only once or twice since she's been with me.
    My friend won't do anything about the way they act either. She shrugs and says "Oh well, they have to learn" and I HATE IT! Yes, they need to learn, but not by being bitten! And she obviously doesn't understand how upset I
    would be, and that it would be me and my dog who would get the blame.
    Your house your rules. Kids can see the dog when the are sitting quietly. Bring dog out. Talk to kids and explain then put dog in a quiet room away from kids. Calm but firm. You know that Any dog has the potential to harm and you are not willing to put the kids, the dog, or yourself in a potentially bad situation. If friend doesn't like it a firm calm restating of your boundaries. I love you and your kids. I love dog. I'm not willing to have the kids at risk by the dog reacting to their attempts to play. Dog is not a toy and is not used to kids. Kids are inadvertently acting in a manner that dog can see as a threat. End of discussion. Don't be bullied into a situation that you are not comfortable being in.

I agree with all of this ...but I wouldn't want to have to put my dog in another room. We had a very grumpy Dachshund with a lot of medical problems. Our guests were always told what they were allowed/not allowed to do around him. It was his house too..he shouldn't have to be put away. Your friend needs to respect your house and your rules...your dog shouldn't have to suffer and be shut away(IMO).
    And now I'm sad talking about him because today actually marks the one year anniversary of his death. He was 15.5 years old. RIP <3
    <3
    Has anyone watched that new show The Briefcase?

I watched an episode the other night

May I ask what you think of it?

It was interesting. I think it could lead to some hurt feelings though. I don't know if there's more than one episode, I saw the one with an older couple from Texas, and a same-sex couple from Boston. I thought it was funny how the Texas couple was so proud of themselves and talked themselves up to give $25,000 (which is generous), and then the other couple gave them almost the full $100,000.

It came on after something I was watching & I didn't change the channel. I didn't hate it, but I won't be seeking out other episodes.

what did you think?
  • 111grace
    111grace Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi I put this on a post & got crucified. I was just feeling bad.
    "

Thank You God I am saved by your Grace, I appreciate that a lot.

I don't know if there is a post already like this. If there is I am sorry for creating another one, I did not find it.

I don't want to put it on my news feed, & derail anyone.

But I have to get it of my chest, to feel lighter.

Today is cold, as you know God, and I went to the shop & could not resist buying this packet of chips/chipniks, which is 558 calories over, putting me in the red. I am sorry, but I also wanted to eat it. I was stressed when I sat in the car, had a happy moment with the suns rays streaming through the clouds, & Happy was playing on the radio. I should have sat with just that, but I had to push the pleasure & opened that book, at that page it talked about dying today, & have I done everything I was supposed to do!! that was awful.

Thank you for my chips., love it, but also know its wrong, because its part of the problem of wrong choices that derailed me. Feeling bad but still eating it!!

"
    but

The aim was not religion, sorry about that guys. It was about feeling bad. and I did not know what to do about it. I needed to talk about it but did not know who to tell. ( did not want to derail anybody, hoped somebody who is stronger now and been though those feelings, knows what it feels like, would drop a note about how to deal with it.) It is feeling bad that got me down, into the obese zone.

Thanks for the advice to bring it here instead. I found the big ( no pun intended) part of becoming obese in the first place was those feelings of feeling bad, guilty, yet still doing the bad behavior , like a smoker trying to quit.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

You are so adorable, I do not understand how you can hate on yourself!!

Don't you need your glasses while swimming if you wear them all the time? Mine come right with me in the pool. What about an older pair that you can use and if they get ruined no biggie?
    Thank you!! I feel like starting a journal just to fill with positive self-talk. I never get around to getting one, though. Trying to find a decent journal. And I might bring an older pair of glasses, but I'm thinking I'll be dunking my head in the water, etc. Perhaps not, though. I'll definitely wear them around the resort!
    spamarie wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    gl0pjp2t0ex8.jpg
    I'm learning. I was trying to post dog pictures but I'll post one of my hair. I think I officially have waist length hair finally. I change the length and style quite a bit but I've been enjoying it long so I let it grow. I've never been this long or even close before. Now I'm going in for a trim next week as it has been six months since the last time I had it trimmed. I didn't think it could get this long but it did! I had it in a very short bob in 2011. Edit to add, I didn't have or could not access dog pictures here on this ipad.

confession. I'm ridiculously pleased with myself over my hair growing. I But I have little control over my nails. Brittle and dry and break easily so I have to wear them short.

I guess I could add something weight related. I have maintained a 50+ pound weight loss for more than 12 years.

One advantage we ladies of diminutive stature have is our hair looks longer faster! Last year I cut about 10 inches off my hair to donate to a charity that makes wigs for children with cancer and other illnesses which cause hair loss, and I still had shoulder length hair left. I expect I'll grow it back for the next couple of years, and perhaps cut it off in one go to donate again. Gives me a sense of enormous well-being!

Good stuff!!

@FluffySandwich - I somehow missed the post about the hospital, but saw it in quotes (I do that often, not sure how), but wanted to say how sorry I am that happened! How awful, esp at a young age!
    I do the same thing :lol: At least, if anything, it was an ''interesting'' experience.
    I think this is a common problem, at least I know I am the same way. I want to start strength training because I love the results other women are getting, but all the big men intimidate me. So on the cardio machines I stay :lol:
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Confession: I'm terribly immature and I giggle every time I see someone post a topic like "Tips for eating out."

I had to sit through safety training a couple months ago and the instructor kept saying "the erection of scaffolding" or "erecting scaffolding" and I giggled every time.

I'm still WAYYYY behind...but we have a client that operates cranes named "Gibbons Erection" ...

...and every time they pop up on my caller ID I picture a horny monkey abusing himself on the other end of the line.

Oh my gosh! I snorted! There is an "Erection" company around here, can't remember the full name, but I do giggle every time I see one of their trucks driving around.