Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'm here! Are you missing me?! I'm in Mexico and I'm definitely gaining weight. Damn you, all inclusive buffet and bar! Last time I was away I gained a pound for every day, but only one was 'real' weight, so I'm hoping this time is similar.
    Best wishes to all! I'll catch up when I'm home on Friday. xxx
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm here! Are you missing me?! I'm in Mexico and I'm definitely gaining weight. Damn you, all inclusive buffet and bar! Last time I was away I gained a pound for every day, but only one was 'real' weight, so I'm hoping this time is similar.

Yes we miss you!!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I can't keep any dessert type snacks in my house like cookies or cake or chocolate because I am incapable of eating them in moderation.

You're not alone. I am banning ice cream, cookies, & other desserts for a long time until I can eat them in moderation.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    So jealous of everyone's bling!!
    I'm not jealous of the bling but of the meaning behind the bling. I want a good marriage. I want that in my life, and that will come with bling. So I want bling - when the time is right and when the man and relationship is right.

Exactly! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my ring, I mean, it's gorgeous, but I love the reason behind the ring even more. In this day and age, it is a real accomplishment to be married to the same person for 15 years. Not only married, but still in and falling in love with that person.

Today is my parents' anniversary. 36 years!!! They're best friends...so amazing to see!

Congrats:).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I challenged my dad to a weekend fitbit challenge, specifically because I knew I was doing a 5k this morning. Getting him back for when he didn't tell me he was playing soccer lol

How did the 5K go?

@pofoster21 @ShibaEars

How did your races go? Hope you had fun & good weather.

Mine went well! It was perfect weather, just a few clouds & it was cooler to start off with, which is nice. The route took us through a really nice park, with lots of trees and a couple ponds. I finished in about 33 minutes.

Great to hear it was perfect weather & awesome finishing time!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Yay! Don't worry about the weight and just have fun!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    HIYA ALL! This weekend was pretty busy, I worked Saturday and went to accupuncture. Yesterday was stupidly hot so we helped the mancreature's parents with some landscaping (I needed some sun anyway so I wore my bikini top and shorts). We also went to GNC (all the Quest Bars were on sale!!), I got to finally try the chocolate mint one and I love it! I also bought Quest protein powder (Peanut butter), which wasn't available before in Canada. I've got two months until my half marathon and the wedding that I'm a Bridesmaid in, time to tighten things up and get back into the swing of things! Lol

I am thrilled that you posted this! I traveled all over the city last week looking for Quest bars in the flavors I wanted, and still did not get them all!

I never thought of GNC til I saw this post. Not only is it literally up the street from me, the bars are cheaper AND they have a bunch of different flavors......

I love that this thread pointed me in the direction of those bars, I love them! I have tried powders, but do not like milk and juice is so sugary, and have tried other bars, and while I liked them, the carb counts were so high that I only ate them once in a while.

The net carb count for these is so low not only can I eat them often, but I can actually have fruit at breakfast which is exciting for me, as I normally cannot seem to make it work with my blood sugar normally. Except for berries cuz they are so low in sugar. My plan is to have a Quest bar four times a week for breakfast, with just greek yogurt and fruit (FRUIT!!) LOL. I have tried three flavors so far and have loved them all, I can't wait to go tomorrow and see what other kinds they have.

Has anyone tried the Quest protein chips?

What were your favorite flavors so far?

I officially deem the worst flavor Coconut Cashew! I ate that one Saturday & had to force myself to finish it.

@Francl27 I'm pretty sure has ate The Quest Protein Chips.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    To chime in on the not carrying cash convo...I bought a can of Coke Zero at work last week...on my debit card...$0.85. I'm ridiculous!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    To chime in on the not carrying cash convo...I bought a can of Coke Zero at work last week...on my debit card...$0.85. I'm ridiculous!

I use my debit card all the time at work to get a 20 ounce Diet Mountain Dew. I've had customers use a check for a $1.00. I'm pretty sure I've had customers even use a credit card for $0.25 too.

The strangest transaction I ever had was a lady who paid $80.00 cash & then used her debit card for the remaining balance & got $80.00 cash back.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    b10ed6a32e0e1ea0a0bb8929006c8156.jpg

LOL! This is so me! When some coworkers click their pens I just wanted to ram it where it don't shine but I don't get annoyed when I am the one clicking it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hope you're having fun! My sister loves to take her family on cruises to Cozumel.

I used to go to Mexico with my parents all the time when I was younger, but I don't feel safe in the town they go to anymore. The last time I went, my dad and his cousin were pulled over by a corrupt police officer looking for a bribe, and my dad's relative was giving him attitude. Plus, they go by bus through very seedy border towns.

I've only had the salt and vinegar Quest Chips. They were AWFUL but I am very interested in giving them another shot, especially BBQ.

@MelissaPhippsFeagins I need to work on my sentences better, but that's definitely a good system.

Speaking of Girl Scout Cookies, this year, a troop that themselves stationed outside an HEB had the BEST Samoa cookie costume. I had to buy two boxes from these kids. :p

I just tried to sync my Fitbit and it's down for maintenance. :s
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    HIYA ALL! This weekend was pretty busy, I worked Saturday and went to accupuncture. Yesterday was stupidly hot so we helped the mancreature's parents with some landscaping (I needed some sun anyway so I wore my bikini top and shorts). We also went to GNC (all the Quest Bars were on sale!!), I got to finally try the chocolate mint one and I love it! I also bought Quest protein powder (Peanut butter), which wasn't available before in Canada. I've got two months until my half marathon and the wedding that I'm a Bridesmaid in, time to tighten things up and get back into the swing of things! Lol

I am thrilled that you posted this! I traveled all over the city last week looking for Quest bars in the flavors I wanted, and still did not get them all!

I never thought of GNC til I saw this post. Not only is it literally up the street from me, the bars are cheaper AND they have a bunch of different flavors......

I love that this thread pointed me in the direction of those bars, I love them! I have tried powders, but do not like milk and juice is so sugary, and have tried other bars, and while I liked them, the carb counts were so high that I only ate them once in a while.

The net carb count for these is so low not only can I eat them often, but I can actually have fruit at breakfast which is exciting for me, as I normally cannot seem to make it work with my blood sugar normally. Except for berries cuz they are so low in sugar. My plan is to have a Quest bar four times a week for breakfast, with just greek yogurt and fruit (FRUIT!!) LOL. I have tried three flavors so far and have loved them all, I can't wait to go tomorrow and see what other kinds they have.

I officially deem the worst flavor Coconut Cashew! I ate that one Saturday & had to force myself to finish it.

My favorite so far is the chocolate chip cookie dough......I have also tried the chocolate peanut butter and double chocolate chunk....both great. I plan on buying ten bars tomorrow, with a couple cookie dough and then one of each flavor I want to try so I can figure out which ones are gonna be my go to ones (I did that with Hagaan Dazs at the beginning too, ;) ).

If they have the chips I am gonna buy a bag and try them out.

ETA: @spacequiztime - just saw your post now.....why were they awful?? Second this last sentence, lol.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The vinegar taste was WAY too strong. Admittedly, I had never eaten any brand of salt and vinegar chips prior, so I don't know if it was just the flavor I picked. I'll pick up another flavor next time I go grocery shopping.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

My favorite so far is the chocolate chip cookie dough......I have also tried the chocolate peanut butter and double chocolate chunk....both great. I plan on buying ten bars tomorrow, with a couple cookie dough and then one of each flavor I want to try so I can figure out which ones are gonna be my go to ones (I did that with Hagaan Dazs at the beginning too, ;) ).

If they have the chips I am gonna buy a bag and try them out.

ETA: @spacequiztime - just saw your post now.....why were they awful?? Second this last sentence, lol.

Another one that disappointed me was the S'Mores bar since it didn't really have that much of a S'Mores taste. The White Chocolate Raspberry bars are my favorite, but with them you have raspberry seeds that can get stuck in your teeth which is a bit of an annoyance. My sister's favorite flavor so far is the Cookies & Cream.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Ok, new Raelynn update!

I finally got a call back from Help Me Grow (program through United Way), and the lady was so helpful! She did suggest that I call our county mental health center to see if we could possibly get some kind of counseling for her, and she will also be looking for some occupational therapy offices for us that may not be so much of a financial burden until we can get Medicaid going. She's going to be emailing me that information sometime tomorrow so that hubby and I can see what would work best. She also told me about Family Connections which is some kind of network/program for special needs children and their families, so that if we needed some support or to see if we could connect with another family that has a child with the same disorders as Raelynn for support and help with everything. I've got to call about the counseling tomorrow, and I have to call the doctor and give an update as well, so tomorrow should *hopefully* be a productive day.

I feel for hubby though, this is all getting to him so much. He's so afraid that she's not going to be able to have a "normal" life, and that's the only thing he wants for her. It goes without saying that I want her to have as much of a "normal" life as possible, but it's so scary when there's so many unknowns and we don't know what will happen. I'm trying to stay positive and optimistic about things, but it's overwhelming at times.

Hugs. And hope...my son who has Aspergers Syndrome is starting college in a few weeks. He has fewer friends than some teens, but he doesn't seem to mind that. Raelynn will find her own normal. It really will be hard but it really will be better than either of you thinks right now.
    I second this. My son is 15 and we have done a lot to support his growth in all areas. Sometimes he is "normal" and sometimes he needs a lot of extra support. I just saw the results of his cardio exam. He had an open heart at 3 days and 3.5 years. It was horrible watching him go into congestive heart failure at 3 years old. Well, this report looks as if that he may end up needing another surgery. I have some follow up to do with the doctor and probably have another doctor look at him. UGH. But we do what it takes to take care of our kids. Hugs and love
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Confessions and feelings:
    (I hope it's okay to post this here considering I have B.E.D)
    • I can eat a 2lbs thing of sour cream while eating chips and french onion dip, the chips being a family size bag
    • For a long time I binged on Sour Cream and Onion chips in the Wal-Mart parking lot, it was my thing I did in the evenings after class :o
    • I could easily eat a Edwards Oreo pie in one day, and have many times
    • If I eat hot dogs I eat at Ieast 3 minimum, 4 max
    • I can't comfortably date until my weight is down, but I won't say this unless asked
    • I feel like I'm constantly battling my B.E.D and I'm trying to give it one hell of a fight (It started from a very young age, I believe it's because I could never find comfort in people so I found it in food)
    • I get extremely agitated when I've been craving something for days, I even dream about food
    • Three years ago I lost about 40lbs and gained 81lbs back, making me feel worse than ever [I've lost 24lbs of it currently]
    • I have anxiety and can't stand to look people in the eye :(
    • I hate when I tell [said person] about how much weight I've lost and get replies such as "Good, if you don't you'll die" *** "You better or you're going to end up getting diabetes" *** "You will end up losing a leg if you don't, do you want that?"*** It's almost never a "I'm so happy for you, I'm proud of you keep going." :s

That is a big confession. Welcome and it sounds like you are keeping going! well done!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    labohn91 wrote: »
    I like to wear my headphones with no music so I can listen in on peoples conversation.

I do it to avoid random small talk.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Short and busy work week this week so I haven't been able to stop in to confess much since before last weekend. No way I can catch up on 23 pages and still wrap up my duties by the end of day, tomorrow.

My confession is I am attending a 311 concert tomorrow night along with a bunch of old friends. I have the feeling the beer will be flowing so I took the next 2 days off so I can recoup on Thursday while my bike is tuned up at the shop then going for a bike fitting on Friday.

So I guess what I am saying is I might reappear on Thursday from home. Possibly hungover but hopefully not. It's been a while since I drank so hopefully it doesn't remind me why I don't. lol

I LOVE 311!

Me, too! I've never seen them live before though. Tonight's show is at an outdoor amphitheater and the weather just broke. Highs today in the 80's with low humidity, zero chance of rain. PERFECT!

I'm still days in the past. I hope you had a nice time!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

Me too and in my line of work it's certainly helpful :)
    I think in both too but I like C much more than F!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, just super great busy!

Giving up all of Saturday and half of Sunday to the Hershey adventure put me behind on school work (which is relative since there are no ACTUAL due dates in a self-paced program...but I'm crazy). I had today off, but after two days of being glued together my better half had to head out to Ohio (@LBuehrle8 - He's in Columbus) so I'm all in a funk now.

I DID get two assignments in today, and have 2/3 of a third one done. Hoping to get that wrapped tonight, but my motivation is clearly waning since I'm all up on the Internet. ;)