Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: I love this commercial and I can NOT stop watching it for some reason...

This actress had to be desperate for work. This is horrible. And funny. But mostly horrible.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I did a Combat class last night, and my fitbit counted some (probably a lot of) punches as steps.

Confession #2: I don't feel bad about this.

Hey you were still moving:D. How many steps did you end up getting?

I ended up getting over 20,000 for the day, a first for me. I'm not sure how many were racked up in the class though. I figured even if it was counting punches, there is quite a bit of foot movement too, so it's gotta still count!

You did awesome today. Great job!

Thanks! I think it'll be a while before I see 20,000 again lol

I can literally walk from the time I wake up until I go to bed and not hit 20K......that is awesome!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    General question: do you prefer working out in the morning or in the evening? Or does it matter to you?

I find I have a much harder time motivating myself to work out in the evenings, after my regular work day. I'm taking the "evening workout slot" though because my husband really wants the morning time (we use a stationary recumbent bike for cardio). I trust my commitment enough that I know I'll be ok switching to evening workouts, it just requires soooo much more motivation/effort. :)

Evenings. I've gotten up early several times and I do feel great after, but I just couldn't keep it up. Even days where I don't work I can't seem to muster up the energy to do a workout or go for a walk until about 5:00 pm.

I prefer mornings, but now I've seen a bear, I won't go out when it's dim and lonely out there. Years ago I used to live a block away from curves and I used to get up, wash my face, brush my teeth and hair and walk there to do the circuit.

Now I walk whenever. It's hard after work when it's hot and sticky and I'm tired though.

I'm joining a hotel gym for the pool and weights this winter and hopefully they open early enough so I can go on my way to work. (I start at 7:30).

Morning all the way, but lately if I can't get up and I promised you guys I would do something, I'll do it at night. I do like walking late at night. But frankly, not running. Its torture, but I don't want to fail you guys 100% of the time!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I challenged my dad to a weekend fitbit challenge, specifically because I knew I was doing a 5k this morning. Getting him back for when he didn't tell me he was playing soccer lol
    LOL
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Hey from 1299!

Today I found out that I could walk to the library on my side of town. It's about 1.5 miles away, which is further than I generally make my kids walk, but we made it! And it wasn't that bad. The way you have to drive is a lot further than the back road way I figured out (and there is no way they would have made it through that route), so this is a major success.

And just THINK of all the steps you will get in!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I did a Combat class last night, and my fitbit counted some (probably a lot of) punches as steps.

Confession #2: I don't feel bad about this.

Hey you were still moving:D. How many steps did you end up getting?

I ended up getting over 20,000 for the day, a first for me. I'm not sure how many were racked up in the class though. I figured even if it was counting punches, there is quite a bit of foot movement too, so it's gotta still count!

This ROCKS! Great Job!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So.... the word "syrup." You guys say see-rup or sir-up?

I'm all about sir-up ;)

Sear-up. The "R" goes on the first syllable. ;)

Agreed.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi all just stopping by again to make sure you don't forget me and to say I am not dead...

I am in Wellsboro PA home of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. Google it. Its gorgeous. I have a very hilly 1/2 marathon here today. I have been taking tons of pics for y'all. Will post when I get to my computer. I'll catch up with everyone tonight and I miss you all! HAPPY SATURDAY!

Happy Saturday! Good luck at your 1/2! I'm up bright and early (ugh) to do my (less impressive) 5k lol.

It was tempting to sleep in, nobody IRL would care if I came to the run or not, but I thought of how supportive everyone one is here and that got my butt out of bed. So thanks everyone! (I think :wink: )

Good luck today POF!!!

Thanks! I had a GREAT day! So... race report (cause I know you all are DYING to hear this!):

The course is beautiful. I will post a ton of pictures in the bat cave after catching up but will also include a few at the end of this post.

It starts at the rim of the "Grand Canyon" of Pennsylvania, and they run you around a bit up there before running you down hill for about 4 - 5 miles then turn you around and run you back uphill. The day was a bit chilly at 5:30 in the AM on the rim, but once you started running you warmed up fast! I started out pretty strong (especially given my friend and I did the trail path down to the bottom of the canyon the day before and it really took a toll on my quads and knees the day before). But after mile 3 I really felt great. The day started with a mist, which you will see in the pics, and it was gorgeous. I stopped at mile 4 where there was a lookout to take some pics. The day was sunny, sky blue, not too hot, and the scenery was just incredible.

I finished in 2:09 (which should have been 2:05 except for a 4 min porta potty stop, which I could have skipped but figured I wasn't really running for time anyway), which on the course with the small crowd, earned me 3rd place in my age group. Woo hoo! My friend also did really well as well, she was 6th in her age group. Then we had a nice drive home and when I got home I was restless (never get home at 5 on a saturday) so decided to walk the 2.6 miles to the grocery store and liquor store and 'earn' a glass (or 2) of wine tonight while I catch up on here.

So for my fitbit challenge friends means I have nearly 40K steps today! :)

ETA: I can't believe I forgot this part! So my NSV in my 260 day logging streak... Yesterday at the race expo, I was buying a new reflective vest to be able to run early am/late pm (to keep my motivation commitments) and the guy sized me up and said 'you're pretty petite you may not need...". PRETTY PETITE! OMG. No one has EVER called me that. I wanted to kiss him. My friend, who is ALWAYS petite, just rolled her eyes when I turned to her and said...Did you hear what he said?????????????????????????

WOW, amazing step count! And experience in total! Love the photos! You are a very nice looking woman! Enjoy your wine!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Confession: I have not been pushing myself as much as I feel I should with the exercise because, I feel I am scared to see the results. If that makes any sense?? I have lived in this fat suit for so long now, it's like my personal protective gear. I want to lose this weight, but I think I am a bit scared to see the actual results.

To be honest, I have heard this is not an unusual reaction. Because... and please don't take this the wrong way... weight is armor. You can hide behind it. I can't remember who early on said that when they were heavy the were not noticed, and when they lost weight, people smiled at them, opened doors for them, etc.

Its a cover. You can hide behind it. Be invisible. But you know what? WHY do you want to be invisible. Accept people suck. You don't. So look in the mirror. Be proud of what you have accomplished. And just plain of who you are. Whether you ever lose the weight or not... you have to be happy with yourself. I would guess if you are afraid of losing the weight...because you are afraid of who you will be when you lose the weight...because you are afraid of being noticed... you need to realize weight is window dressing. We all think you are terrific. I think you are married... I imagine he thinks you are terrific. Your dogs (if you have them) probably think you are terrific. I know my cats and horses think I am terrific. Just find yourself (at whatever weight) and realize you are a super great person. It took me 47 years to realize that. And I am sad it did. But I did. And you can too. And if being 125 makes you happy or 225 makes you happy (and healthy... please be healthy) then that is where you need to be.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So, I don't know if anyone remembers my wedding drama from way back in April*, but the short story is that my "best friend" would rather never talk to me again that work out our issues. I feel like I've broken up with a spouse. She and I have been friends longer than I've known my husband. I don't even really understand how she got this mad, and she won't tell me. And that is why I'm taking the Boo Radley challenge (not really, but I'm very sad).

*Cliff notes: She was helping me plan, I decided to elope for many valid reasons, she couldn't make it, she felt I cut her out.

:(
    I remember that. It always stinks to lose a friendship. It was your day.

Also, never loan money to a friend. I have been without one of my best friends for years because I loaned her something like $600 in 2004 (which I never saw again, even though she took her kids to Cancun with her tax refund a few months after the loan). Honestly, I don't even care about that money. We've been trying to rebuild the friendship over the past couple of years, and it's been really tough - even harder because I don't live in the same town anymore.

That's the problem with lending money to friends--you start noticing how they spend every penny. You get Starbucks every day but you're unable to pay back $50? And don't get me started on the ones who make you feel petty for even asking.

Not lending anybody any money ever again. Better to just give the cash.

I had an ex who borrowed something like $1,000 from me to buy clothes for a new job. He was moving 300 miles away to take the job, but we were planning to try to keep seeing each other. That didn't work out, and he agreed to pay me back as he was able. Months go by with nothing. I was unemployed at this time, as I'd been laid off due to a reduction in the Engineering staff at the company I worked for. I was an unemployed single mother when he borrowed money from me, then he made ME feel like I was the bad guy for pestering him to get it paid back. My niece passed away of brain cancer during this time, and he had the audacity to ask me why I'm worried about a few hundred dollars when there is so much other stuff going on in my family.

Yeah, I'll never loan money to anybody again. I'll gift it, but never loan it.

I am so sorry about your niece. That is just so horrible. I think I would be as devastated as losing a child. HUGS!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the kind words after the loss of our dog last night, especially since I haven't been posting in here lately (had to give it up because I wasn't getting any work done ). It's been a sad day here.

I think the hardest thing is how sudden it was, and that we don't know what happened.

And I apologize for my role in the argument last night. Even though I don't get to come in here much, the thread still means a lot.

I am so sorry about your dog. That is so sad. I have yet to lose a pet unexpectedly. While planning a loss is equally painful, at least you have a chance to say goodbye.

And sorry...judging here... I only stopped by briefly thursday night, but we don't fight, we don't argue, and we don't judge (which I am doing) but you weren't alone. Let's just let it go and remember...we are here to help each other with weight loss and maybe a lot of emotional support. Anything else... should be taken off line.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I think this thread is rubbing off on me IRL. My co worker had a new shirt and capris on today and I actually told her that she looked super great in them

I say 'super' all the time. This weekend my friend made fun of me for saying it (I had NEVER said it before this thread). I lied about how I started saying it... she wouldn't understand.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    @KylerJaye How's things with the new man??

pretty good!!

last night we did a double date, dinner and movie, with my bff and her boyfriend (is it weird that i was giddy for this?).

everyone got along really well and we had a super great time!
    he's so nice, and kind and sweet and cute as heck ;)

i'll totally admit, i've become quite smitten with mr jaye :D

ETA: i know it's still really early, but we've seemingly crammed about 2-3 normal months of dating into two weeks. so i'm trying not to get overly excited. trying....so....hard....

Just let it happen. That will be the best thing you can do...but this does sound promising. Make sure you are being you... (although I think you are from previous posts) as you don't ever want to create a future on something you can't sustain (lots of women do...). But I do admit...this sounds great! Congrats.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Speaking of dancing- did I tell you guys I was in the newspaper for sharing a dance with a resident at the local Veterans' Home on Independence Day? (I can't remember if I shared and don't want to look back through pages...) I was volunteering, helping serve lunch and just chatting with the residents. When he found out I was from Texas, he asked if I could 2 step and I said, "Of course!" The reporter took a pic of us dancing and it was published in the Sunday paper. My DH doesn't dance.

ETA: That's my husband standing behind the fence in the background watching.

This is AWESOME!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words after the loss of our dog last night, especially since I haven't been posting in here lately (had to give it up because I wasn't getting any work done ). It's been a sad day here.

I think the hardest thing is how sudden it was, and that we don't know what happened.

And I apologize for my role in the argument last night. Even though I don't get to come in here much, the thread still means a lot.

I am so sorry about your dog. That is so sad. I have yet to lose a pet unexpectedly. While planning a loss is equally painful, at least you have a chance to say goodbye.

And sorry...judging here... I only stopped by briefly thursday night, but we don't fight, we don't argue, and we don't judge (which I am doing) but you weren't alone. Let's just let it go and remember...we are here to help each other with weight loss and maybe a lot of emotional support. Anything else... should be taken off line.

Ouch, that actually is hurtful. I don't know how much you read, but my role was small...2 sentences and I let it drop, and apologized. And I never even took a side.

But that's ok. I've been mostly a lurker in here, and I've been unable to come in often. The last couple of days have really soured the experience in here, so you don't have to worry about me coming back. I wish everyone the best, and I mean that.

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Confession: I have not been pushing myself as much as I feel I should with the exercise because, I feel I am scared to see the results. If that makes any sense?? I have lived in this fat suit for so long now, it's like my personal protective gear. I want to lose this weight, but I think I am a bit scared to see the actual results.

To be honest, I have heard this is not an unusual reaction. Because... and please don't take this the wrong way... weight is armor. You can hide behind it. I can't remember who early on said that when they were heavy the were not noticed, and when they lost weight, people smiled at them, opened doors for them, etc.

Its a cover. You can hide behind it. Be invisible. But you know what? WHY do you want to be invisible. Accept people suck. You don't. So look in the mirror. Be proud of what you have accomplished. And just plain of who you are. Whether you ever lose the weight or not... you have to be happy with yourself. I would guess if you are afraid of losing the weight...because you are afraid of who you will be when you lose the weight...because you are afraid of being noticed... you need to realize weight is window dressing. We all think you are terrific. I think you are married... I imagine he thinks you are terrific. Your dogs (if you have them) probably think you are terrific. I know my cats and horses think I am terrific. Just find yourself (at whatever weight) and realize you are a super great person. It took me 47 years to realize that. And I am sad it did. But I did. And you can too. And if being 125 makes you happy or 225 makes you happy (and healthy... please be healthy) then that is where you need to be.

Thank you Patricia, I appreciate the words of support and kindness. I have dealt with weight most of my life, but have been at a normal weight more than half my life. As we are fond of saying, I wish I weighed what I did when I thought I was fat before. (That was a healthy 135, then). I am still making my way through this process and realizing that I am doing this for me and no one else. My feelings about what I am doing and how I need to go about treating myself to get there are the only ones that matter. We are pretty close in age, so I can understand how you feel about it taking so long to realize what you needed to do. Baby steps, just keep on taking them.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Ouch, that actually is hurtful. I don't know how much you read, but my role was small...2 sentences and I let it drop, and apologized. And I never even took a side.

But that's ok. I've been mostly a lurker in here, and I've been unable to come in often. The last couple of days have really soured the experience in here, so you don't have to worry about me coming back. I wish everyone the best, and I mean that.

Sorry, I am reading backwards (which I always do) but I was sad when I popped in the other night to see an argument brewing... It has nothing to do with you...and actually, you should come back. The other night was a COMPLETE abberation...trust me. Don't leave. Please. The "judging" was a general comment. I'll leave before anyone else does if my comments hurt people. I just love this thread, and want it to be the supportive group it has always been (general comment...not about you personally).
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I have been wearing lots of sleeveless shirts to the office this summer and I constantly find myself feeling myself up...on my triceps, that is. I have triceps I can feel!!!

I'm with ya on that. Mine is actually visible in my office mirror because of the position I hold my arm on the mouse... I keep admiring it!

My arms are thinner than they have ever been in my life. Even though I have weighed less. I apologize in advance if the next statement offends anyone.. but I always say I have Irish peasant arms. Fat...solid. BUT....now I have these weird freaky skinny arms with muscle. Seriously. Everyone keeps commenting on how thin my arms are and how I have never (and these people have seen me thinner) had arms like this.

I can't decide...is it because I am getting older? Is it HOW I am eating? I can't figure it out. But I LOVE it. But I still am uncomfortable showing my arms off. I have a lot of years of bad habits to break.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Sorry, I am reading backwards (which I always do) but I was sad when I popped in the other night to see an argument brewing... It has nothing to do with you...and actually, you should come back. The other night was a COMPLETE abberation...trust me. Don't leave. Please. The "judging" was a general comment. I'll leave before anyone else does if my comments hurt people. I just love this thread, and want it to be the supportive group it has always been (general comment...not about you personally).

No, you should not leave. You are one of the reasons I still come in here. And the last two days have been hard emotionally, so I am probably being overly sensitive. But you can't leave :smile:

Don't you hate it when people say they aren't coming back, and then do? I know it looks bad on me, but I couldn't have you thinking this was about you. It definitely is not.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Hi all just stopping by again to make sure you don't forget me and to say I am not dead...

I am in Wellsboro PA home of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. Google it. Its gorgeous. I have a very hilly 1/2 marathon here today. I have been taking tons of pics for y'all. Will post when I get to my computer. I'll catch up with everyone tonight and I miss you all! HAPPY SATURDAY!

Happy Saturday! Good luck at your 1/2! I'm up bright and early (ugh) to do my (less impressive) 5k lol.

It was tempting to sleep in, nobody IRL would care if I came to the run or not, but I thought of how supportive everyone one is here and that got my butt out of bed. So thanks everyone! (I think :wink: )

Good luck today POF!!!

Thanks! I had a GREAT day! So... race report (cause I know you all are DYING to hear this!):

The course is beautiful. I will post a ton of pictures in the bat cave after catching up but will also include a few at the end of this post.

It starts at the rim of the "Grand Canyon" of Pennsylvania, and they run you around a bit up there before running you down hill for about 4 - 5 miles then turn you around and run you back uphill. The day was a bit chilly at 5:30 in the AM on the rim, but once you started running you warmed up fast! I started out pretty strong (especially given my friend and I did the trail path down to the bottom of the canyon the day before and it really took a toll on my quads and knees the day before). But after mile 3 I really felt great. The day started with a mist, which you will see in the pics, and it was gorgeous. I stopped at mile 4 where there was a lookout to take some pics. The day was sunny, sky blue, not too hot, and the scenery was just incredible.

I finished in 2:09 (which should have been 2:05 except for a 4 min porta potty stop, which I could have skipped but figured I wasn't really running for time anyway), which on the course with the small crowd, earned me 3rd place in my age group. Woo hoo! My friend also did really well as well, she was 6th in her age group. Then we had a nice drive home and when I got home I was restless (never get home at 5 on a saturday) so decided to walk the 2.6 miles to the grocery store and liquor store and 'earn' a glass (or 2) of wine tonight while I catch up on here.

So for my fitbit challenge friends means I have nearly 40K steps today! :)

Pics:

Canyon Rim (day before race): oj6sgkttqbsl.jpg

Race site in AM:
    pooqd8tvbfm4.jpg

Mile 4 on course:
    pytpi4iyw70i.jpg

Me with finishers medal and my 3rd place award:

t3fx5lsrslhw.jpg

ETA: I can't believe I forgot this part! So my NSV in my 260 day logging streak... Yesterday at the race expo, I was buying a new reflective vest to be able to run early am/late pm (to keep my motivation commitments) and the guy sized me up and said 'you're pretty petite you may not need...". PRETTY PETITE! OMG. No one has EVER called me that. I wanted to kiss him. My friend, who is ALWAYS petite, just rolled her eyes when I turned to her and said...Did you hear what he said?????????????????????????

Congrats on 3rd place AND being officially petite!