Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't keep any dessert type snacks in my house like cookies or cake or chocolate because I am incapable of eating them in moderation.

You're not alone. I am banning ice cream, cookies, & other desserts for a long time until I can eat them in moderation.

I have no food in my house. No wine, no snacks, no goodies. I can't eat anything in moderation when its in my house.

Yeah, we saw your fridge.....apparently mints are the only thing you can control yourself around, LMAO!

@Italian_Buju I think the mints were for the horses! Hee hee...
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I forgot to share my latest NSV with you.

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Nice! What is pistachio salad? Sounds yummy.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

Okay, so no judgement and all, but...salad? SALAD? How is that a salad? LOL.

I'm young enough to have escaped all those things with Jello and Cool-Whip and marshmallows that people refer to as "salad", so I always find it kind of shocking that they still exist, hahaha.

In America, anything can be a salad. Throw a bunch of ingredients together, add some sort of "sauce", don't cook it, and it's a salad. These were really big in the 80's when Tupperware was all the rage. Not so much anymore. I DO love me some Waldorf Salad, though.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Man I have a huge craving for lime jello now! I may have to buy some today >.>

Lime is my favorite!

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Hi, all,

Just giving a quick update, as I may be in and out over the next few days. I am at my Mom's for vacation with my sister and her 2 kids who are 14 (girl) and 10 (boy). We are going to NY today and visiting the new world trade center and then maybe the village and maybe the Empire State Bldg. Then Times Square tonight and dinner. Then I booked a hotel off of central park and in the AM we'll go for a long walk in central park (I am going to run there in the AM before they get up), lunch in central park and then I got us all tickets to the Lion King. I have never seen it and am SO excited.

I live 45 minutes from NY, used to work there daily, still go in a lot, and still get like a kid when I can go in and play tourist. I LOVE NYC!

Will take plenty of pics to share with you all when I can get them uploaded.

Take care... sorry have to say this... no politics and remember no swearing! (Excusing yourself or apologizing to the people who don't like it before you swear still counts as swearing...). I think we have all gotten back to a good place the last few days, let's stay there so we don't lose any of our dear friends. Thanks!

Super jealous. I saw Lion King on tour and it was amazing. Disney puts on such a great show. I couldn't even help liking High School Musical when it came to town, and I hadn't ever seen the movie. (I had to go because of my job) Have a great time!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Contrary03 wrote: »
    I totally splurged this past week and ate quite of bit of zucchini bread i baked with the help of my garden:)

Ohhhhh...yum!!! If you want to save yourself from eating the rest, please mail it to me. :grin:
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

I thought we were the only people who made that! My mom makes it every Christmas. She calls it "snow salad". LOL

Marshmallows, pudding and whipped cream - yep, salad.

Yea my sister makes that too. I love it. She also makes one with cherry pie filling (it may be the picture below) and that is super tasty too!

My grandma made it at Thanksgiving. She called it Watergate Salad.

Speaking of cherry pie filling - has anyone tried the dessert where you substitute all the liquid ingredients in chocolate cake with a can of cherry pie filling? This is relevant to my interests.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Oh. My. Goodness. I caught up. I used nap time as computer time instead of cleaning time and I made it to the end. Terrible time management, good interneting. Let's see how long I can stay caught up now.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I thought we were the only people who made that! My mom makes it every Christmas. She calls it "snow salad". LOL

Yea my sister makes that too. I love it. She also makes one with cherry pie filling (it may be the picture below) and that is super tasty too!

Speaking of cherry pie filling - has anyone tried the dessert where you substitute all the liquid ingredients in chocolate cake with a can of cherry pie filling? This is relevant to my interests.

If this is a thing, I need it in my life mouth PDQ.

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Just dropping in quickly before I run off to google the official recipe for Pistachio Salad... which I MUST have!

@pofoster21 your NYC itinerary sounds like so much fun... enjoy yourself!

@orangesmartie thanks for checking in with the update... you're dealing with so much right now, hope it all works out for the best.

@lilaclovebird work sounds pretty grueling, glad you can still visit us on here!

@Lois_1989 glad the low carb has been such a success and congrats on losing 9 lbs! (and PS my father does say aluminium correctly)

This made me smile :) I assumed it got brushed over
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    We are going camping this weekend and I have so much to do that I am stressed!!! Tonight I have to stop by the vets office and get my dogs meds, take my daughter to her swim lessons and go grocery shopping. Tomorrow night is my mom's retirement party. (Yay for Mom!!!) Thursday, we have to pick up the camper from my parents house and some time in there I have to pack and food prep. Oy!!!

I think there might be some beer drank around the campfire.

Also, s'mores.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    "Aluminium" is hard to say. I say it like the usual American: ALUMINUM. :tongue:
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    -I got my first injury at work to day. A leaded window slammed closed on my hand. It broke 2 fingers. It hurt plenty until the meds kicked in.

That made me cringe when I read it. I hope they heal quickly!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    "Aluminium" is hard to say. I say it like the usual American: ALUMINUM. :tongue:

Ha ha there is no 'oo' in it. It's not aloominum lol
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

You can mix most cake mixes with pumpkin (or pureed beans if you're into protein - black beans are actually kind of awesome in brownies because the texture is very dense and fudgey), so I would imagine something pectin-y like cherry pie filling would probably work fine too (heck, there's an old Weight Watchers "recipe" where you mix diet pop with cake mix and it still works.)

I'm not a big cherry fan (I do like fresh ones, but not so much in stuff usually) so I haven't tried it, but I've definitely done some lazy baking with pumpkin and bean and it's totally edible.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I didn't wake up this morning in time for my run so I am retreating to the gym to get my 5 miles in. It's stupidly hot here 39 Celsius (102 fahrenheit) with 40% humidity, cannot wait to go swimming after this run.

Edit: I can't spell...
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

You can mix most cake mixes with pumpkin (or pureed beans if you're into protein - black beans are actually kind of awesome in brownies because the texture is very dense and fudgey), so I would imagine something pectin-y like cherry pie filling would probably work fine too (heck, there's an old Weight Watchers "recipe" where you mix diet pop with cake mix and it still works.)

I'm not a big cherry fan (I do like fresh ones, but not so much in stuff usually) so I haven't tried it, but I've definitely done some lazy baking with pumpkin and bean and it's totally edible.

Just stop with the so-easy-even-Ythannah-will-make-it dessert ideas... now I want Pistachio Salad and Cherry Fluff Dessert Salad and pumpkin/black bean mix cake. Stop. Now.

:s
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    We are going camping this weekend and I have so much to do that I am stressed!!! Tonight I have to stop by the vets office and get my dogs meds, take my daughter to her swim lessons and go grocery shopping. Tomorrow night is my mom's retirement party. (Yay for Mom!!!) Thursday, we have to pick up the camper from my parents house and some time in there I have to pack and food prep. Oy!!!

I think there might be some beer drank around the campfire.

Also, s'mores.

It's not officially camping until you make s'mores. Have fun!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    Since around the first of May I hadn't really logged food, I just logged in to keep my log-in streak, I lost nothing and actually put on a couple so I'm back to actually logging
    CONFESSION #1
    I've also been logging on the MFP site(360 days straight as of today) but not logging my food most of the time. Since Feb I've put on about 12 lbs and have only recently started logging my food and getting serious about getting this weight off. In the past 2 weeks I've lost 6 lbs and several inches.
    CONFESSION #2
    I've followed this thread since day 1, missing some days occasionally, but usually going back to catch past posts. This month, since trying harder to lose this weight I've been behind a lot. I just got caught up today, by skipping some of the pages in early July.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    It is really weird looking at the BMI scale and seeing I would be considered obese if I just gained 35 or so more pounds... when right now I'm in the normal range. 35 pounds doesn't seem like that much (of course I don't want to test that out).

Until you're doing walking lunges holding that much :(

Anytime I want to over do it with food I should force myself to walk around carrying weights so I can remind myself that I don't want to gain any more.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Just stop with the so-easy-even-Ythannah-will-make-it dessert ideas... now I want Pistachio Salad and Cherry Fluff Dessert Salad and pumpkin/black bean mix cake. Stop. Now.

:s

If you can manage to keep it to a reasonable portion, the black bean brownies etc are actually pretty doable and have passable macros for most people, if you care - I used to make them on 1200/day all the time and eat them for breakfast, haha. Depends on the mix you buy, obviously, but still.

Mix the pumpkin one with spice cake or similar.

I am normally a pretty big baking snob with everything from scratch and best-quality and all that nonsense, but it goes out the window if I just want to eat something sweet and not share it with anyone. I'm also the queen of making myself one single cookie. Just one. In the toaster oven.