Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So, the vanilla Halo Top was alright. I thought it had a slightly weird aftertaste, and didn't really care for the texture. Being so low in fat made it kind of crumbly instead of creamy. I'll try the lemon tonight, but I expect a similar situation.

I'd probably keep a pint in the freezer for dessert emergencies, but if I'm planning on a treat, I'm going to invest more delicious points and get something goooooood. ;)

I actually got another one today, and I was disappointed. Maybe it's because I had just eaten something else, I don't know... definitely could taste the stevia more. So I'm sorta glad I only got another pint, I'll probably stick to the real stuff from now on.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

I had B&J's Salted Caramel Core last night, the one with blondies in it. Not impressed. I'm not a fan of blondies anyway. (Who wants a blondie when you could have a brownie?) I am going to be stalking the stores looking for more The Tonight Dough. In case you can't read the description, "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough." Drooly, drool, drool!

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

1) Salted Caramel is my lifeblood.

2) I don't have the option to eat chocolate, so that may have something to do with it.

I bought the vanilla and lemon cake Halo Top! The pints are SUPER lightweight. It's kind of weird. They're also $$$. :/

They were $4.99 at Wegmans, which isn't too bad.. I mean expensive enough that it's not going to be an every day thing obviously, but at least it's not $6.99 like some other ones I've seen. Haven't checked Whole Foods yet.
    april10472 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

I've had to rewind some TV shows I was watching at night because I kept thinking about my breakfast the next morning and wasn't paying attention at all...

That's definitely cheaper than the Jeni's at $12.00 a pint.

I wish stores around me carried Gelato Fiacso.

Did you hear about Jeni's ice cream in Columbus, Ohio? I think it's only affected the ice cream here but I'm not 100% sure!

According to their website they just did another recall from Listeria. I had ordered four pints off their website before the first recall & ended up throwing The Brambleberry Crisp away after hearing about the recall. Well I won't lie, I mostly threw that one out cause I didn't care for the flavor.

I had ordered Savannah Buttermint (Easter exclusive)=really good, Goat Cheese & Red Cherries=pretty good, Brown Butter Almond Brittle=I devoured that pint in no time.

The other brand Blue Bell that suffered with the Listeria issue I have never seen in PA stores. We have Blue Bunny (crappy ice cream), Turkey Hill (most of the flavors are good), Breyers, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, & Talenti.

Blue Bell will be back soon!!! I will be in line with all the other folks that can get this wonderful stuff to buy it.

You can't find Blue Bell in the North unfortunately! We have Yuengling ice cream though... it's pretty good!

They import Blue Bell here, but by the time it arrives in the stores, it's nasty. It always somehow melts on the way here (faulty refrigeration? Dunno) and forms ice crystals and tastes all weird. Also, it's almost completely solid since it melted and refroze... ;)

I wish you could try it fresh! It is the best!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I read a little about anti-depressants, and they scare me. It says they can cause suicidal thoughts in teens with depression. How is that going to help? I'm not ruling them out, but they definitely aren't a first-resort measure.

Meds may work for a lot of people but I'm glad you are being careful. I can't take anything because every single one I tried had bad side effects (including the one you mentioned above). If you do try any medication, tell your daughter to be honest with you about any side effects she has so you know if it is doing more harm than good.

I'll definitely be warning her about potential side effects so she can let me know right away if she experiences any. She has a doctor appointment for tomorrow morning. We joined the YMCA today and were there for about 2 hours. That was after driving between two different towns to check out the Y and a gym. It's the most I've seen her out of her room in months.

That's great! Good for you! This is a very good, positive step.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    amyford25 wrote: »
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Good for you! Keep at it!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Jonas1058 wrote: »
    Don't watch anything but game of thrones anymore, mainly because it's filmed in Belfast where I live and also because TV is complete utter garbage these days. I did the netflix free trial for 30 days recently - I watched it once then cancelled it.

In the spirit of the post I confess that I find TV to be annoying because everything is about women with 'special' power these days. They're all blameless angels who can do no wrong and every man is either a b*stard or an idiot - so I just turned it off, I get enough h*rsesh*t in my day to day life.

I'm not sure what you've been watching. But again, all I watch is shows... no reality TV etc.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Hey I've been skipping the catch-up but was curious how the step-daughter talk went? or IF it went?

I appreciate you asking. No talk yet. As a matter of fact, haven't seen or heard from her since last Monday. My husband texted her last Friday but she's not responded yet. Her cat is tearing up my carpet in the guestroom and she's starting pooping outside her litter box. Enough is enough already. I want to let him handle this and not step on his toes or anything, but honestly, I'm pretty fed up and I texted him earlier that if he doesn't message her today, I will.

Edited to add. it's hard to talk to someone who won't return messages or never comes around.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    On Friday, my 13-year-old daughter told me that she's been depressed for over a year and wanted to go see a therapist. This was after a major meltdown over what should have been a minor incident. We'd noticed she's been withdrawn and has been spending a lot of time in her room, but thought it was just typical teenage moodiness. I'll be calling the dr. first thing tomorrow, but have also been doing some research and trying to find things to do on our end. This isn't something I've ever dealt with before. One of the things that was recommended was getting her out of her isolation, as well as exercise. I brought her with me to work today (I work at a university library). She's currently out collecting books (she loves to read) and hitting the Cyber Cafe. She seems very happy today. I also spoke to her about joining a gym together, at least for the summer, and she was very receptive to the idea. So, we'll be going to the YMCA tomorrow to check it out. I'm a little scared to join a gym, as I don't like working out in front of people. But, I'm willing to do it for her. She's excited that they might have a pool. I told her there's no way I'm wearing a bathing suit in public, but she's welcome to swim without me. Anyway, this isn't really a confession, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.
    Oh, sending positive vibes your way - it's so hard to see a child so young struggling with mental health issues. Sorry you're both dealing with this, but I commend you for doing practical real things that can help. Maybe also look at some vitamin supplements?

My daughter just finished her second year of university and is now taking a year off due to depression and anxiety. This has been a very hard year for her, and stressful and worrying for us. Now that she's home, our family doctor believe her problems may be in a big part due to anemia caused by very heavy periods, so she's tackling the anemia before looking at anti-depressants etc. Maybe it might be a good idea to ask for a blood test to rule out any physical causes also?

Still way behind, but I had extreme anemia issues due to heavy periods and I got the Mirena (IUD) and it stopped the bleeding and cured my anemia problems. Worth looking into for sure.
    This is actually what my daughter asked the doctor about at first but dr wasn't keen because she's only 19 and there are some risks attached. So she's trying the pill first. Hopefully it will help.
    (I'm very pro-Mirena myself - had three over the years and loved it.)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    amyford25 wrote: »
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Good for you!
  • Francl27
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I think I know which one you're talking about....agreed.

I must be clueless because I have NO IDEA which one it is lol

I have no idea either but I don't really want to know. Just hoping it wasn't one of mine, lol.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I have no idea either but I don't really want to know. Just hoping it wasn't one of mine, lol.
    Definitely not you!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ahh, why did that post so many times? ! Makes me look obnoxious! haha

Don't worry about it. I have to close the window as soon as I click on 'post reply' or it double or triple posts too.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Nope.

• Francl27
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Hey I've been skipping the catch-up but was curious how the step-daughter talk went? or IF it went?

I appreciate you asking. No talk yet. As a matter of fact, haven't seen or heard from her since last Monday. My husband texted her last Friday but she's not responded yet. Her cat is tearing up my carpet in the guestroom and she's starting pooping outside her litter box. Enough is enough already. I want to let him handle this and not step on his toes or anything, but honestly, I'm pretty fed up and I texted him earlier that if he doesn't message her today, I will.

Edited to add. it's hard to talk to someone who won't return messages or never comes around.

Well I'd give her an ultimatum about the cat, honestly. One week to find another place for it or to the shelter it goes. And I love cats, but yeah, there are limits.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

I remove everything and relax on my bed in a dark room for 15 minutes or so. Then I put on a comfy cute little dress and go about my evening. Some people think I'm dressed up, nahhh just very comfortable. My daughter asked me the other day if I always wear a dress grocery shopping (just now noticing?!?) I explained my reasoning. Last night she got home and changed into a little dress and said "Oh, I get it now!" Comfy without giving up style. Win-win.

Edit: I do put on bra/panties before putting on the dress. I love beautiful undergarments.

Same here. My wardrobe is also similar in that it is both stylish and comfortable. I cannot be sloppy and undone, even at home in the evenings and weekends. Just a "me" thing. I don't do it for anyone other than myself although I'm pretty sure my husband appreciates that I don't wear baggy sweats and t-shirts. Everything I own is fitted. I cannot do baggy.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?

Ironically, answering that question would be a violation of the rules. Can't have people breaking the strictly upheld rules around here, ya know ;)

Well, that's too bad because I'm nosy and wanted to know!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Confession: I burned 200 calories in exercise today, and I'm considering spending them on ice cream. With peanut butter. Mmm, peanut butter ice cream. o:)

Makes sense to me. I co-sign on this decision ;)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?

Ironically, answering that question would be a violation of the rules. Can't have people breaking the strictly upheld rules around here, ya know ;)

Oh, so you can post when you are in jail? What exactly does it do then? I assumed it prevented you from posting....
    It's like Fight Club - you can't talk about it.
    I think when in jail you can only make a certain number of posts in a certain timeframe. JPW nod once if that's right, twice if it's wrong.

No, you just have jail bars so you can be publicly shamed.

I don't see it that way. When I see the jail bars I think, "Oooooh, somebody had the guts to tell the truth and someone with hurt feelings complained!". I kind of see it as admirable, unless it's due to a really mean comment, which I know is not the case for you.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    On Friday, my 13-year-old daughter told me that she's been depressed for over a year and wanted to go see a therapist. This was after a major meltdown over what should have been a minor incident. We'd noticed she's been withdrawn and has been spending a lot of time in her room, but thought it was just typical teenage moodiness. I'll be calling the dr. first thing tomorrow, but have also been doing some research and trying to find things to do on our end. This isn't something I've ever dealt with before. One of the things that was recommended was getting her out of her isolation, as well as exercise. I brought her with me to work today (I work at a university library). She's currently out collecting books (she loves to read) and hitting the Cyber Cafe. She seems very happy today. I also spoke to her about joining a gym together, at least for the summer, and she was very receptive to the idea. So, we'll be going to the YMCA tomorrow to check it out. I'm a little scared to join a gym, as I don't like working out in front of people. But, I'm willing to do it for her. She's excited that they might have a pool. I told her there's no way I'm wearing a bathing suit in public, but she's welcome to swim without me. Anyway, this isn't really a confession, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.
    Oh, sending positive vibes your way - it's so hard to see a child so young struggling with mental health issues. Sorry you're both dealing with this, but I commend you for doing practical real things that can help. Maybe also look at some vitamin supplements?

My daughter just finished her second year of university and is now taking a year off due to depression and anxiety. This has been a very hard year for her, and stressful and worrying for us. Now that she's home, our family doctor believe her problems may be in a big part due to anemia caused by very heavy periods, so she's tackling the anemia before looking at anti-depressants etc. Maybe it might be a good idea to ask for a blood test to rule out any physical causes also?

Still way behind, but I had extreme anemia issues due to heavy periods and I got the Mirena (IUD) and it stopped the bleeding and cured my anemia problems. Worth looking into for sure.
    This is actually what my daughter asked the doctor about at first but dr wasn't keen because she's only 19 and there are some risks attached. So she's trying the pill first. Hopefully it will help.
    (I'm very pro-Mirena myself - had three over the years and loved it.)

Oh, I meant to say earlier. I think the pill will help in the long run. If I stop taking the pill and start taking it again, I always bleed for several weeks until my body adjusts. I can then keep myself from having a period at all through the timing of my pills.
  • Francl27
    Options
    So I'm annoyed at myself because I got hungry today so I ended my 5 days streak at a deficit. I'm sad.
    What I read from this: You had four days at deficit!! Go you!

I had 5, lol. I know, not the end of the world, my weight is fine, but still. I'm still not happy with my look and I'm going in vacations in 3 weeks and wanted to see a scale drop before (as I know I'll probably end up gaining when eating out all the time for 10 days).

Please enjoy your vacation, I decided to do just that, and gained a few pounds (some had to be water) anyway, one week back and I am back where I was before I left so it is certainly not the end of the world to throw caution to the wind and enjoy yourself for a week. I seriously ate and drank all I wanted (we were at an all inclusive resort) and the damage was very minimal.

Well last year I was careful (sure, I indulged a little, and a couple times I had to eat pizza or a sandwich I didn't particularly want, but I was running or walking every day, still counting calories, going for veggies, avoiding fried stuff, only had dessert once a day or less), I gained 2 pounds (plus whatever I lost the next week), and now a year later I still haven't gone back to my pre-vacation weight (which was less than 2 pounds from my goal weight).

I mean, I know that the common advice on MFP is to enjoy the vacation, you know how to lose the weight etc... but for me apparently that week did something to me and I haven't been able to eat at a deficit since because I've been hungry all the time. Seriously... one year later and I'm still 1 pound heavier than I was before leaving (ok arguably, my size 6 clothes are a bit looser).

So yes, I'm worried about my vacation, and I will have to be careful. I'm unfortunately not one of those people who 'eat what they want and don't gain a pound'. I'm guessing that 'eat what they want' just doesn't mean the same thing for me than most people? I'm just glad I don't drink.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.

Have you tried Amazon Prime? They have a great streaming service with more current shows and movies. Plus you get free 2-day shipping. You do have to pay for the whole year at once, but it works out a little cheaper than what you'd pay for Netflix for the year.

I'd get rid of my cable, but I'm bundled with phone and internet and to get rid of cable would actually cost more than what I'm paying now. It's insane.

This is my problem as well. It's quite a rip-off here.