Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I buy all my groceries at Publix. I think they're only in the Southeast US though...?

Everything else I buy off Amazon! Getting an Amazon Prime membership is like the best decision I've ever made...free 2 day shipping! I buy cosmetics, toilet paper, dog food, you name it! So much cheaper.

I get 90% of my clothes at New York and Company.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    It's official...Mr. NY is trying to kill me in the gym. I just know it. Today was shoulder day and my shoulders are on fire. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to lift my arms tomorrow. I asked Mr. NY if he was coming over in the morning to dry my hair and flat iron it if I can't lift my arms. He said no!!! What...??
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I suspect this has been posted before but it is new to me. Happy ALMOST Friday.

weight-loss-cartoon-the-invisible-man-and-wonder-woman.jpg

@nonoelmo

That picture is hilarious!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 glad the evaluation went well and hope they find some programming to help her!

Can somebody please explain to me how it is that I can stop at the store, buy black beans, brownie mix, and ALL the ingredients for pistachio salad from memory... but can't remember to buy the toothpaste I've needed for the past couple of days? *bangs head*

(no, I'm not entirely without toothpaste, it just takes me 5 minutes to squeeze the dregs out of the tube)

And, for the record, black beans smell like cat food.

Ditto to @raelynnsmama52512!!!

And I love this whole post.

Ditto!

I've always thought that Refried Beans while tasty looks like dog food/cat food.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 glad the evaluation went well and hope they find some programming to help her!

Can somebody please explain to me how it is that I can stop at the store, buy black beans, brownie mix, and ALL the ingredients for pistachio salad from memory... but can't remember to buy the toothpaste I've needed for the past couple of days? *bangs head*

(no, I'm not entirely without toothpaste, it just takes me 5 minutes to squeeze the dregs out of the tube)

Ditto!

I've always thought that Refried Beans while tasty looks like dog food/cat food.

Oh definitely. I love them...but they look awful!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

Ditto!

Try pureeing them. It took a great deal of faith in @peleroja to pour that purplish soup out of the blender into a nice bowl of brownie mix.

(They're dense brownies. I couldn't believe the weight of the Tupperware container when I went to put them in the fridge.)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Update : At The Lion King! I admit I am way more excited than my family. Sigh. I think they will be happy once we have seen it. For $179 a piece I am a bit disappointed in these seats.

The show was amazing. I loved it. My niece and nephew enjoyed it I think. Tip admit to being a bit disappointed in their overall reaction to both being in the city and the show. I would have been overjoyed at their age. They were kind of like...whatever.

I can't quite recall, but didn't you say they are teenagers? Teenagers these days do not get overjoyed about much, it is not cool, you know....

10 and 14. This is clearly a byproduct of having too much in their lives. I want to smack them (mostly my nephew),

Yup.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    As far as the discussion on workout clothes I buy a lot of my newer workout clothes at Wal-Mart. Another place I find workout clothes pretty dirt cheap are thrift stores. The best time to hit up the thrift stores are either 50% off days or if you're a senior citizen & they offer a special discount day.

I've found Under Armour, Nike, Reebok, & New Balance that looked like it was in new condition.

Speaking of clothing where do most of you shop for your clothing? Where do you do the majority of your grocery shopping?

Well for clothes I mostly shop at Pennington's because it is for big people. I also like Mark's Work Warehouse, as I am not into girly things, so sometimes Pennington's can get a bit too girly for me.

For groceries I go to Freshco every week, as it is the closest store to me and it ad matches. I do my weekly shopping on Sundays and then will pop in about half way through the week for things that do not last all week, like berries and bananas. I usually make a trip to Food Basics about once every other week for things Freshco does not carry, and a trip to Zehrs once every other week for the deli counter and hot food counter, sometimes bakery too. Then I hit Wal-Mart every couple weeks for things I can't get elsewhere, and if there is a good sale for something specific I want at another store that I cannot ad match for some reason, I will go there too, but that is rare.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    For those who hate plastic but need a shatterproof water bottle, this is mine. I put ice in it at 7am and it lasts all day. It's dog and kid and small dumbbell proof, I suspect more than 15lbs would dent it.

You have the same phone on your desk that I do. :smiley:

I hated that phone today. It rang all day and it was never actually for me. I could handle all of the calls but I'd love to know who is giving people my number.

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I committed to baking a PannuKakku (Finnish dessert like a custardy French toast served with jam) for daycare's cultural potluck on Friday. I love it. I will have to resist the urge to faceplant in it. I love desserts that aren't super sweet (I will almost always pick a lime/citrus/nut something or other over caramel bc I'm weird like that) but I don't usually eat desserts (which is weird for a baker, I know). I eat like 1/2 a Hershey's mini and I'm good lol. I'll actually eat 2 tbsp. of homemade nut butter (I make mine without sugar) before a brownie.

Are you Finnish?

I ask because the SO is and Finn pancakes are often a supper meal at our home. He's never mentioned or produced that dessert, however... surprising, considering his sweet tooth.

He's a total Finn food snob, lol. He sneers at the fundraiser Pulla I occasionally buy, saying it's nowhere as good as his mum's.

DH is lol... He's from the UP of Michigan (which has the highest concentration of Finns outside of Finland). My Pulla is decent but nothing compared to his grandmother's. He misses her food a ton (she's been dead about 5? years). I can make some stuff and I wish I knew the language but other than a few sentences, I don't.

I'm Irish (one side grandparents off the boat, the other side, one was off the boat) and a trace Serbian. I make a mean soda bread ;)

I love soda bread!! I wish I knew how to make it.

<<<<<< This Italian makes a pretty killer Irish Soda Bread

Is it hard to make?
    Now I really want some since I've heard about it in this thread a few times.

Not at all. I can post a recipe in the thread if you want to try it!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Also, I do my grocery shopping at like 5-6 am on Saturdays. I normally get up at 4-430 during the week so it's sleeping in a little. I found that I can avoid the weeknight or weekend day crowds that way. Only a couple of times, they hadn't yet stocked what I'd like to buy. For weekends like this one, where we are going to be out of town, and I can't do my usual grocery store run, it stresses me.

I've occasionally done this as well. Tamimi is a 24 hour grocery store, so on days we expect it to be crowded my husband and I have been known to go in around 3 AM or so. The only problem is that the deli counter and the butcher are both closed until later in the morning, and the bakery delivery truck doesn't show up until 6 or 7 AM so there's no fresh bread on the shelves. No turkey, no beef, and no bread for me. Sigh.

It's true that the deli & meat departments are closed but I guess I don't get anything from those anyway. The meat department in this grocery store is not the best, neither is the produce but like @peleroja said, I usually go through any produce I buy rather quickly so it doesn't spoil. I forgot about Costco. I buy a lot of my meat from there or a local butcher. I buy a lot of everything from Costco. I kind of love Costco

I have never been in a Costco cuz my family says I am not allowed......I buy and stock pile and they are worried we won't have anywhere left to live if I went to Costco......
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I have anxiety over this. :(

Your anxiety is understandable, but at least at my Y my fears proved unfounded. I was able to make an appointment with an employee to do an orientation. He showed me how to use everything and helped me with a program for the goals I had then. I've ditched it for mostly weight training now, but it was helpful a year ago. :)

Your Y sounds awesome, the one closest to my house, is not. The "trainers" that work there aren't all that interested in helping you unless you've signed up for one of their classes. I have a few friends that lift that I could probably sweet talk into helping me out the first couple times.

Really? That is crap!

At my Y I have one girl I have worked with off and on for a long time. That is one of the reasons I waited almost two weeks for an appt for the new machines cuz I wanted my girl (it only took that long because everyone was needing a session at the same time because of the new machines). She is wonderful, any time I want a session, I just book an hour with her....and she emails me regularly too.
    The Y I tried out last year kinda sucked as well. It was specifically geared towards families, but they only provided child care to members between 2 to 5...? or so during the week, with no options on the weekend. There were NO squat racks, I had to supplement my weight routine with goblet squats, ancient machines, and the staff members were often too busy talking to their friends to keep kids from playing on the assisted dip / chin up machine.

My local Y is so amazing.....it is expensive, the most expensive gym in the area, but SO worth it. We have three gyms and two exercise rooms for classes. Plus a separate spin class room. There is an indoor track and a stretch/mat exercises room. And tons of different classes going on in each gym almost all the time.

Then the cardio area is huge, more than a dozen of each machine, treadmill, steppers, cross trainers, and two kinds of bikes, row machines and some other machine that is kind of like a stepper, but a bit different. Then there are a few dozen weight machines, equipped with fitlixx, which is a little screen at each machine, when you log your number in, it will tell you how much weight you do, what your seat should be set at, and any other settings you might need to know for that particular machine. It counts your reps and sets for you, and tells you to slow down, speed up, when to increase your weight, and even how long your rest time should be/when to start the next set. And these machines we have now just came two weeks ago but the old ones were only a few years old.

Then there is a giant free weight section, with everything you could think of. Then there is a big pool, with lanes and a water slide, and then a smaller pool with water jets and sprinklers etc. And then a sauna on the pool deck. And everyone has access to a trainer (if you want one), that will work with you as needed. If you want like three sessions a week or something, there are trainers that do that for a fee, but you can get together with the one you have monthly or so included in your membership, and like I said, they are very good about keeping in touch with email too.

I know on the other side there are two child care rooms, one for babies and toddlers and one for older children. I think there is a charge for that though. There is also a cafe when you first walk in and a public library that has a space at the opening of the building. Then outside there is a skate park, splash pad and play ground. Also, children are not allowed in the adult areas until they are 15 and have had a training session.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Also, I do my grocery shopping at like 5-6 am on Saturdays. I normally get up at 4-430 during the week so it's sleeping in a little. I found that I can avoid the weeknight or weekend day crowds that way. Only a couple of times, they hadn't yet stocked what I'd like to buy. For weekends like this one, where we are going to be out of town, and I can't do my usual grocery store run, it stresses me.

I've occasionally done this as well. Tamimi is a 24 hour grocery store, so on days we expect it to be crowded my husband and I have been known to go in around 3 AM or so. The only problem is that the deli counter and the butcher are both closed until later in the morning, and the bakery delivery truck doesn't show up until 6 or 7 AM so there's no fresh bread on the shelves. No turkey, no beef, and no bread for me. Sigh.

It's true that the deli & meat departments are closed but I guess I don't get anything from those anyway. The meat department in this grocery store is not the best, neither is the produce but like @peleroja said, I usually go through any produce I buy rather quickly so it doesn't spoil. I forgot about Costco. I buy a lot of my meat from there or a local butcher. I buy a lot of everything from Costco. I kind of love Costco

I don't like buying produce from Tamimi for the same reason--it's usually not too good or fresh, other than the herbs. I buy my herbs there, then I buy my produce from Carrefour and a local grocery store called Hyper Panda, which both get their produce from local farms and it's DELICIOUS.

Speaking of produce, new confession: I'm mildly allergic to tomatoes, and the riper and more delicious they are, the worse my reaction is. But I REALLY love fresh, ripe summer tomatoes--and we just bought a big bag of them from Carrefour. So the other day, I ate about half a kilo (one pound) of them in the space of less than 24 hours, and had a burning red rash around my mouth and inside it for the next day or two, which then proceeded to become a crusty, dried up shell of skin around my mouth. Worth it. <3

I would be so sad if I was allergic to tomatoes :(

Both my sister and I have the allergy and we both continue to eat them like crazy people. They're my most favoritest vegetable in the whole, wide world. <3 (Yes, I know they're a fruit. No, I don't care to acknowledge that. ;))

I know I have said this before but tomatoes = ick for me.

Same! I do not like them at all. I only eat them in sauces or salsa. Mr. Mo and Rachael love them and eat them for snacks. Gross. :s

I eat them like apples. YUM. Except that then the rash around my mouth gets 100 times worse when the tomato juice actually TOUCHES it, so now I'm sensible and chop it into chunks and carefully fork it into my mouth like a delicate young tomato monster. o:)

This is so funny, lol.

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

I have the same problem with my face. I get super flushed whenever I work out. At physical therapy I am always so embarrassed because I turn bright red and sweat as I'm working out. I've always been like that too.

Me too. People used to stop me and ask me if I was ok. And I sweat like CRAZY. Seriously gross.

I sweat like crazy and turn bright red too...which is one of the reasons I can't bring myself to run/workout in public.

ETA: My sweatiest areas are my neck and chest.
    And @MoHousdon, "elbow pits" is hilarious!

Also- add me to the tomato=yuckiness group unless is sauce, salsa, or ketchup.

And we're also part of the expensive grocery bill club. For 2 adults and a three year old, we spend about $200 weekly.

My grocery bill is insane as well. I have never understood people that spend a few buck here and there, like what are you eating??

• Italian_Buju
    Options

Ditto!

Try pureeing them. It took a great deal of faith in @peleroja to pour that purplish soup out of the blender into a nice bowl of brownie mix.

(They're dense brownies. I couldn't believe the weight of the Tupperware container when I went to put them in the fridge.)

How do they taste?
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Holy crap I caught up (in here at least - not so much in the BatCave). I'll be behind again tomorrow. ;)

Between being locked out at work and all the accounting homework I have, I'm just so busy!

Confession: I really hate accounting.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Well, the evaluation went really good. She did much better than we anticipated and the 2 ladies absolutely loved her! Right now, they don't think she could be autistic, at least from an educational standpoint. Unfortunately, she's not going to be able to go into the 3k they have, since those children are severely disabled and they fear she could either regress or pick up some of those behaviors. They are having her evaluated for speech therapy and if she qualifies for therapy, they can also do occupational therapy with her. Right now, we're looking into the "first steps" program to see what we can find for her, since we really can't afford to put her in daycare but with her anxiety, we can't just leave her out of a "school like" setting for a whole year. They did tell us to sign her up for 4k once registration opens in January, and if we needed to do an IEP then we would address all that then. From an educational side, she isn't considered autistic, but that doesn't mean that she is "clinically". They did get me to sign a consent form for them to get her records and look over those too, and did say if need be, they can evaluate for autism again once she's older and has been in school for a while. I'm still going to ask for another evaluation from her doctor in September, just to double check and see what that leads to. I feel a little better, but I still have a lot of worries. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens this year.

So glad it went well and she wasn't diagnosed with autism. Fingers crossed on the rest hopefully she'll qualify for some treatment. Just keep pushing!

Thanks Patricia! And thank you everyone else! ❤️

I'm going to keep pushing for her, she needs help and I'm going to see she gets it!

You are a good mama!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Holy crap I caught up (in here at least - not so much in the BatCave). I'll be behind again tomorrow. ;)

Between being locked out at work and all the accounting homework I have, I'm just so busy!

Confession: I really hate accounting.

You're not alone!
  • riderfangal
    Options

peleroja wrote: »
    On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

I have the same problem with my face. I get super flushed whenever I work out. At physical therapy I am always so embarrassed because I turn bright red and sweat as I'm working out. I've always been like that too.

Me too. People used to stop me and ask me if I was ok. And I sweat like CRAZY. Seriously gross.

I sweat like crazy and turn bright red too...which is one of the reasons I can't bring myself to run/workout in public.

ETA: My sweatiest areas are my neck and chest.
    And @MoHousdon, "elbow pits" is hilarious!

Also- add me to the tomato=yuckiness group unless is sauce, salsa, or ketchup.

And we're also part of the expensive grocery bill club. For 2 adults and a three year old, we spend about $200 weekly.

My grocery bill is insane as well. I have never understood people that spend a few buck here and there, like what are you eating??

My grocery bill is ridiculous too. The little man can go tnrough a bowl of fruit in a matter of days but I am not going to complain. I would rather have him eat that rather than a bunch of junk.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Update : At The Lion King! I admit I am way more excited than my family. Sigh. I think they will be happy once we have seen it. For $179 a piece I am a bit disappointed in these seats.

The show was amazing. I loved it. My niece and nephew enjoyed it I think. Tip admit to being a bit disappointed in their overall reaction to both being in the city and the show. I would have been overjoyed at their age. They were kind of like...whatever.

I can't quite recall, but didn't you say they are teenagers? Teenagers these days do not get overjoyed about much, it is not cool, you know....

10 and 14. This is clearly a byproduct of having too much in their lives. I want to smack them (mostly my nephew),

Yup.

I agree. I was going to take Kypton to the monster trucks this weekend but we have gone camping nearly every weekend since the beginning of June and I think maybe we should just stay home so he appreciates it more the next time we do get away