Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Also, I do my grocery shopping at like 5-6 am on Saturdays. I normally get up at 4-430 during the week so it's sleeping in a little. I found that I can avoid the weeknight or weekend day crowds that way. Only a couple of times, they hadn't yet stocked what I'd like to buy. For weekends like this one, where we are going to be out of town, and I can't do my usual grocery store run, it stresses me.

I've occasionally done this as well. Tamimi is a 24 hour grocery store, so on days we expect it to be crowded my husband and I have been known to go in around 3 AM or so. The only problem is that the deli counter and the butcher are both closed until later in the morning, and the bakery delivery truck doesn't show up until 6 or 7 AM so there's no fresh bread on the shelves. No turkey, no beef, and no bread for me. Sigh.

It's true that the deli & meat departments are closed but I guess I don't get anything from those anyway. The meat department in this grocery store is not the best, neither is the produce but like @peleroja said, I usually go through any produce I buy rather quickly so it doesn't spoil. I forgot about Costco. I buy a lot of my meat from there or a local butcher. I buy a lot of everything from Costco. I kind of love Costco

I don't like buying produce from Tamimi for the same reason--it's usually not too good or fresh, other than the herbs. I buy my herbs there, then I buy my produce from Carrefour and a local grocery store called Hyper Panda, which both get their produce from local farms and it's DELICIOUS.

Speaking of produce, new confession: I'm mildly allergic to tomatoes, and the riper and more delicious they are, the worse my reaction is. But I REALLY love fresh, ripe summer tomatoes--and we just bought a big bag of them from Carrefour. So the other day, I ate about half a kilo (one pound) of them in the space of less than 24 hours, and had a burning red rash around my mouth and inside it for the next day or two, which then proceeded to become a crusty, dried up shell of skin around my mouth. Worth it. <3

I would be so sad if I was allergic to tomatoes :(

Both my sister and I have the allergy and we both continue to eat them like crazy people. They're my most favoritest vegetable in the whole, wide world. <3 (Yes, I know they're a fruit. No, I don't care to acknowledge that. ;))

I know I have said this before but tomatoes = ick for me.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

I have the same problem with my face. I get super flushed whenever I work out. At physical therapy I am always so embarrassed because I turn bright red and sweat as I'm working out. I've always been like that too.

Me too. People used to stop me and ask me if I was ok. And I sweat like CRAZY. Seriously gross.

Yes, I regularly leave sweaty butt/body prints on equipment, much to my gym partner's dismay :blush:

Preach girl, I do too- people look at me like I'm crazy when they see it (I do wipe down my machines) and I just want to be like okay- let's not pretend your butt and nether regions don't sweat like crazy either!!

I seriously thought I was the only one. I have like sweat underwear. It's really gross. I also sweat really bad across my stomach, in between my boobs, my elbow pits (I'm not sure what they're really called so that's what I call them), and my lower back.

Sweat are tears from your calories burning to death. :smiley:

• Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that I started SL 5x5. I was at the Y and I was completely lost on what to do and what machine to use and NO ONE would help me, they all just continued doing their thing even though I looked like a lost child hiding the clothes rack.

This is my fear. I will get up the courage to start and will be totally lost and no one will help me, so I just take myself back to the cardio stuff because it's easy and I have yet to hurt myself on it.

I have anxiety over this. :(

You can ask me or quiksylver! (Or Lois - I think that's what she is doing too). Have you looked at the app yet?

Very briefly. I watched the video for workout A but haven't gotten around to watching workout B yet. I am planning on starting next week, so I will watch B sometime this weekend or something. My plan is to supplement my HIIT with the SL 5x5 so I will do it on Tuesday and Thursday and maybe Saturday. I don't know yet, because I haven't checked out the program yet.

Any help you ladies could offer, would be tremendously helpful and greatly appreciated.

Yay for taking the plunge! I really wish you lived here and I would totally work out with you.

If you've been doing circuits already I bet you'll be able to start with the starting weights, but if you need to do dumbells at lower weights, do it. At first I think integrating SL with your HIIT will be fine, but you might see a point where you really need the rest day and you might not want to be doing HIIT MWF and SL TTS. For instance, I thought I would go on a run this morning, my buns disagreed after my lifts yesterday, and I want to make sure I do well tomorrow, so today will just be walking. I'm trying to be super aggressive with upping weight though, which is not necessary it's just my goal right now.

Don't get frustrated if you stay at a weight for a long time (trying to give advice that I should take myself). Having good form is more important.

I wish we all lived in a big sorority house and we could share food, and clothes (unless you're against that sort of thing) and, work out together. But we don't so I will just have to be a big girl and get over my fears.

I think I'll try doing the SL 2 days a week, then, if I feel like it, I can add another day. If not, then I'll scale back on my HIIT and try to keep up the lifting especially since Mr. Mo said he might join me. When I heard him say that last night, I wanted to full on make out with him because I've wanted him to work out with me for over a year and he wasn't having any of it.

Thanks again for all the encouragement and advice! I love you guys!

I totally agree with this. I have never been in a sorority or had a big bunch of girlfriends but now I feel like I do! (With a few gents thrown in once in a while.)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Also, I do my grocery shopping at like 5-6 am on Saturdays. I normally get up at 4-430 during the week so it's sleeping in a little. I found that I can avoid the weeknight or weekend day crowds that way. Only a couple of times, they hadn't yet stocked what I'd like to buy. For weekends like this one, where we are going to be out of town, and I can't do my usual grocery store run, it stresses me.

I've occasionally done this as well. Tamimi is a 24 hour grocery store, so on days we expect it to be crowded my husband and I have been known to go in around 3 AM or so. The only problem is that the deli counter and the butcher are both closed until later in the morning, and the bakery delivery truck doesn't show up until 6 or 7 AM so there's no fresh bread on the shelves. No turkey, no beef, and no bread for me. Sigh.

It's true that the deli & meat departments are closed but I guess I don't get anything from those anyway. The meat department in this grocery store is not the best, neither is the produce but like @peleroja said, I usually go through any produce I buy rather quickly so it doesn't spoil. I forgot about Costco. I buy a lot of my meat from there or a local butcher. I buy a lot of everything from Costco. I kind of love Costco

I don't like buying produce from Tamimi for the same reason--it's usually not too good or fresh, other than the herbs. I buy my herbs there, then I buy my produce from Carrefour and a local grocery store called Hyper Panda, which both get their produce from local farms and it's DELICIOUS.

Speaking of produce, new confession: I'm mildly allergic to tomatoes, and the riper and more delicious they are, the worse my reaction is. But I REALLY love fresh, ripe summer tomatoes--and we just bought a big bag of them from Carrefour. So the other day, I ate about half a kilo (one pound) of them in the space of less than 24 hours, and had a burning red rash around my mouth and inside it for the next day or two, which then proceeded to become a crusty, dried up shell of skin around my mouth. Worth it. <3

Both my sister and I have the allergy and we both continue to eat them like crazy people. They're my most favoritest vegetable in the whole, wide world. <3 (Yes, I know they're a fruit. No, I don't care to acknowledge that. ;))

Same! I do not like them at all. I only eat them in sauces or salsa. Mr. Mo and Rachael love them and eat them for snacks. Gross. :s

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

I have the same problem with my face. I get super flushed whenever I work out. At physical therapy I am always so embarrassed because I turn bright red and sweat as I'm working out. I've always been like that too.

Me too. People used to stop me and ask me if I was ok. And I sweat like CRAZY. Seriously gross.

Yes, I regularly leave sweaty butt/body prints on equipment, much to my gym partner's dismay :blush:

Preach girl, I do too- people look at me like I'm crazy when they see it (I do wipe down my machines) and I just want to be like okay- let's not pretend your butt and nether regions don't sweat like crazy either!!

I seriously thought I was the only one. I have like sweat underwear. It's really gross. I also sweat really bad across my stomach, in between my boobs, my elbow pits (I'm not sure what they're really called so that's what I call them), and my lower back.

Sweat are tears from your calories burning to death. :smiley:

Hahaha me too!! It's like I went swimming when I undress after a workout! It's gross but whatever! We can't help where we sweat from!

And my elbow pits (you're hilarious) sweat the most!!

I also am a lotion addict so I know that doesn't help the process and just makes sweating 100 times worse :D
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Me too. I like ketchup, salsa, and other tomato based sauces, but can't stand fresh tomatoes. Eww.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

GASP! The horror! That's okay--give them alllll to me! ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Same! I do not like them at all. I only eat them in sauces or salsa. Mr. Mo and Rachael love them and eat them for snacks. Gross. :s

I eat them like apples. YUM. Except that then the rash around my mouth gets 100 times worse when the tomato juice actually TOUCHES it, so now I'm sensible and chop it into chunks and carefully fork it into my mouth like a delicate young tomato monster. o:)
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

I eat them like apples. YUM. Except that then the rash around my mouth gets 100 times worse when the tomato juice actually TOUCHES it, so now I'm sensible and chop it into chunks and carefully fork it into my mouth like a delicate young tomato monster. o:)

Fabulous wording!!! I also love tomatoes and eat them like apples when they're good and fresh. Thankfully, no allergies - I'm impressed at your dedication to the lovely tomato!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I sweat like crazy and turn bright red too...which is one of the reasons I can't bring myself to run/workout in public.

ETA: My sweatiest areas are my neck and chest.
    And @MoHousdon, "elbow pits" is hilarious!

Also- add me to the tomato=yuckiness group unless is sauce, salsa, or ketchup.

And we're also part of the expensive grocery bill club. For 2 adults and a three year old, we spend about $200 weekly.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I love it too... and my question is, what the heck kind of bra do you wear with it?

When I wore this Saturday, I wore a beige strapless bra with it and I was fine. You could also wear one of those bandeau things that are super popular right now.

I wish I could. I don't have a huge chest by any means but these aren't supportive and I'd really like to try as hard as I can to prevent what I do have from sagging to my toes :s

Glad I'm not the only one!

They do work - I have one that kind of works, even, and I've got a very big chest. They're not great for lift or support, obviously, but they do shape and cover.

Have you tried a longline strapless? I have one from Freya that's got just a couple inches of "band" under the cup and it stays up like nobody's business with that extra fabric. Plus it looks cute, even.

I have a longline strapless... it's ancient, which means it's hardly worn... which probably means it didn't work terrifically well. But it is also low-back, so it's probably trying to fill too many needs at once. I may have to dig it out and try it.
    I have the sliding issue with the bandeaus I have, but the bra stayed put. It is one I bought for my brother's wedding 5 years ago that has the non-slide gel-like stuff that some of the no slip headbands have.

What are the backless stick-on bras? Don't think I've seen one before.

Come to think of it, all of my strapless bras are from the days when I wore a too-large band (when I followed the "add 5 inches" guideline) so that might be half the problem.

Backless bra: 397663_unbra.jpg

edit to close parentheses, because that sort of thing keeps me up at night
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Speaking of fresh produce one of the guys in the office brought a big bag of peas from his garden and I have been munching on them all day. Not going to log them either as I figure I am burning a lot of calories by having to shell them all ;)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Speaking of fresh produce one of the guys in the office brought a big bag of peas from his garden and I have been munching on them all day. Not going to log them either as I figure I am burning a lot of calories by having to shell them all ;)

I loooooooove fresh peas. I have been known to buy a kilo bag at the farmers market and eat the entire thing in one day. Fortunately I have an iron digestive system and don't seem to suffer ill-effects from that kind of thing, but still....totally unnecessary. If we ever have a house with garden space I'm just growing tomatoes, peas, and herbs and I can be totally happy.

@ythannah, this bra is the one I have and it is amazing.
  • Oberon21
    Options

GASP! The horror! That's okay--give them alllll to me! ;)

You are totally welcome to them!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess I have eaten and drank way too many calories the last 2 days. I have been running and walking so burned alot of it off but I am sure not enough. Back on track tomorrow!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Well, the evaluation went really good. She did much better than we anticipated and the 2 ladies absolutely loved her! Right now, they don't think she could be autistic, at least from an educational standpoint. Unfortunately, she's not going to be able to go into the 3k they have, since those children are severely disabled and they fear she could either regress or pick up some of those behaviors. They are having her evaluated for speech therapy and if she qualifies for therapy, they can also do occupational therapy with her. Right now, we're looking into the "first steps" program to see what we can find for her, since we really can't afford to put her in daycare but with her anxiety, we can't just leave her out of a "school like" setting for a whole year. They did tell us to sign her up for 4k once registration opens in January, and if we needed to do an IEP then we would address all that then. From an educational side, she isn't considered autistic, but that doesn't mean that she is "clinically". They did get me to sign a consent form for them to get her records and look over those too, and did say if need be, they can evaluate for autism again once she's older and has been in school for a while. I'm still going to ask for another evaluation from her doctor in September, just to double check and see what that leads to. I feel a little better, but I still have a lot of worries. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens this year.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 glad the evaluation went well and hope they find some programming to help her!

Can somebody please explain to me how it is that I can stop at the store, buy black beans, brownie mix, and ALL the ingredients for pistachio salad from memory... but can't remember to buy the toothpaste I've needed for the past couple of days? *bangs head*

(no, I'm not entirely without toothpaste, it just takes me 5 minutes to squeeze the dregs out of the tube)

And, for the record, black beans smell like cat food.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 glad the evaluation went well and hope they find some programming to help her!

Can somebody please explain to me how it is that I can stop at the store, buy black beans, brownie mix, and ALL the ingredients for pistachio salad from memory... but can't remember to buy the toothpaste I've needed for the past couple of days? *bangs head*

(no, I'm not entirely without toothpaste, it just takes me 5 minutes to squeeze the dregs out of the tube)

And, for the record, black beans smell like cat food.

Ditto to @raelynnsmama52512!!!

And I love this whole post.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Well, the evaluation went really good. She did much better than we anticipated and the 2 ladies absolutely loved her! Right now, they don't think she could be autistic, at least from an educational standpoint. Unfortunately, she's not going to be able to go into the 3k they have, since those children are severely disabled and they fear she could either regress or pick up some of those behaviors. They are having her evaluated for speech therapy and if she qualifies for therapy, they can also do occupational therapy with her. Right now, we're looking into the "first steps" program to see what we can find for her, since we really can't afford to put her in daycare but with her anxiety, we can't just leave her out of a "school like" setting for a whole year. They did tell us to sign her up for 4k once registration opens in January, and if we needed to do an IEP then we would address all that then. From an educational side, she isn't considered autistic, but that doesn't mean that she is "clinically". They did get me to sign a consent form for them to get her records and look over those too, and did say if need be, they can evaluate for autism again once she's older and has been in school for a while. I'm still going to ask for another evaluation from her doctor in September, just to double check and see what that leads to. I feel a little better, but I still have a lot of worries. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens this year.

So glad it went well and she wasn't diagnosed with autism. Fingers crossed on the rest hopefully she'll qualify for some treatment. Just keep pushing!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

So glad it went well and she wasn't diagnosed with autism. Fingers crossed on the rest hopefully she'll qualify for some treatment. Just keep pushing!

Thanks Patricia! And thank you everyone else! ❤️

I'm going to keep pushing for her, she needs help and I'm going to see she gets it!