Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie happy birthday to Charlie! Jello legos sound like a lot of fun. What a thoughtful, caring auntie you are!

And after reading many of the posts on here, I'm wondering if "regular" clothing fits anybody? Seriously, who is it designed for?

Wasting altogether too much time sitting here ogling my upper arm definition again, lol. It's a real novelty to have a body part that I actually like, however... most of the time I'm focusing on my flaws, so this is progress.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I love it too... and my question is, what the heck kind of bra do you wear with it?

When I wore this Saturday, I wore a beige strapless bra with it and I was fine. You could also wear one of those bandeau things that are super popular right now.

I wish I could. I don't have a huge chest by any means but these aren't supportive and I'd really like to try as hard as I can to prevent what I do have from sagging to my toes :s

Same. It makes me so sad too. I have never been normal in that area since I was a heavy kid as well. I've always wanted to get a lift (if it is worth it) because I've never been happy with my chest area. I'm jealous of those that can get away with less support.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

I have the same problem with my face. I get super flushed whenever I work out. At physical therapy I am always so embarrassed because I turn bright red and sweat as I'm working out. I've always been like that too.

Me too. People used to stop me and ask me if I was ok. And I sweat like CRAZY. Seriously gross.

Yes, I regularly leave sweaty butt/body prints on equipment, much to my gym partner's dismay :blush:

Preach girl, I do too- people look at me like I'm crazy when they see it (I do wipe down my machines) and I just want to be like okay- let's not pretend your butt and nether regions don't sweat like crazy either!!

I'm totally a member of the sweaty-red-faced-butt-print club! I feel the need to take a picture after my next work-out and post it in the Batcave now :)

Ha! I almost did that this morning. I would have too if I had my phone handy :)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    On the long hair at the gym thing, it baffles me too. My hair is somewhere between bra-band and waist-length and I need it in a ponytail at least, with a headband to keep it totally off my face. And I am NOT cute when I work out anyway as my face turns so red it's almost purple when I run. Strangers ask if I'm okay. I'm fine and I don't even feel super winded or anything, but I look on the brink of collapse, lol.

I have the same problem with my face. I get super flushed whenever I work out. At physical therapy I am always so embarrassed because I turn bright red and sweat as I'm working out. I've always been like that too.

Me too. People used to stop me and ask me if I was ok. And I sweat like CRAZY. Seriously gross.

Me too! I regularly leave sweaty butt/body prints on equipment, much to my gym partner's dismay :blush:

Thanks for this confession. I always thought I was the only one.
  • FroggyBug
    Options

Yes, I regularly leave sweaty butt/body prints on equipment, much to my gym partner's dismay :blush:

Preach girl, I do too- people look at me like I'm crazy when they see it (I do wipe down my machines) and I just want to be like okay- let's not pretend your butt and nether regions don't sweat like crazy either!!

If I'm sitting on a bench I do a sneaky slide type movement to try to get rid of it lol. (at least I think it's sneaky). Otherwise I don't let it bother me anymore. I'm working hard & can't control where I sweat from and I wipe equipment down after, so who cares?

I sweat from everywhere, which is gross and annoying, but my gym partner seems to mostly sweat through her hands and feet. I always tease her for it, because she'll leave perfect handprints everywhere. It's weird.

Hahaha, I should have read farther on before I responded to you. This is exactly what I do too. The slide!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Well, the evaluation went really good. She did much better than we anticipated and the 2 ladies absolutely loved her! Right now, they don't think she could be autistic, at least from an educational standpoint. Unfortunately, she's not going to be able to go into the 3k they have, since those children are severely disabled and they fear she could either regress or pick up some of those behaviors. They are having her evaluated for speech therapy and if she qualifies for therapy, they can also do occupational therapy with her. Right now, we're looking into the "first steps" program to see what we can find for her, since we really can't afford to put her in daycare but with her anxiety, we can't just leave her out of a "school like" setting for a whole year. They did tell us to sign her up for 4k once registration opens in January, and if we needed to do an IEP then we would address all that then. From an educational side, she isn't considered autistic, but that doesn't mean that she is "clinically". They did get me to sign a consent form for them to get her records and look over those too, and did say if need be, they can evaluate for autism again once she's older and has been in school for a while. I'm still going to ask for another evaluation from her doctor in September, just to double check and see what that leads to. I feel a little better, but I still have a lot of worries. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens this year.

So glad it went well and she wasn't diagnosed with autism. Fingers crossed on the rest hopefully she'll qualify for some treatment. Just keep pushing!

Thanks Patricia! And thank you everyone else! ❤️

I'm going to keep pushing for her, she needs help and I'm going to see she gets it!

You are a good mama!

I agree 1000% Hope everything works out for you all
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I committed to baking a PannuKakku (Finnish dessert like a custardy French toast served with jam) for daycare's cultural potluck on Friday. I love it. I will have to resist the urge to faceplant in it. I love desserts that aren't super sweet (I will almost always pick a lime/citrus/nut something or other over caramel bc I'm weird like that) but I don't usually eat desserts (which is weird for a baker, I know). I eat like 1/2 a Hershey's mini and I'm good lol. I'll actually eat 2 tbsp. of homemade nut butter (I make mine without sugar) before a brownie.

Are you Finnish?

I ask because the SO is and Finn pancakes are often a supper meal at our home. He's never mentioned or produced that dessert, however... surprising, considering his sweet tooth.

He's a total Finn food snob, lol. He sneers at the fundraiser Pulla I occasionally buy, saying it's nowhere as good as his mum's.

DH is lol... He's from the UP of Michigan (which has the highest concentration of Finns outside of Finland). My Pulla is decent but nothing compared to his grandmother's. He misses her food a ton (she's been dead about 5? years). I can make some stuff and I wish I knew the language but other than a few sentences, I don't.

I'm Irish (one side grandparents off the boat, the other side, one was off the boat) and a trace Serbian. I make a mean soda bread ;)

I love soda bread!! I wish I knew how to make it.

<<<<<< This Italian makes a pretty killer Irish Soda Bread

Is it hard to make?
    Now I really want some since I've heard about it in this thread a few times.

Not at all. I can post a recipe in the thread if you want to try it!

Yes, if you have time that would be awesome. I'll check out that thread later.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @orangesmartie happy birthday to Charlie! Jello legos sound like a lot of fun. What a thoughtful, caring auntie you are!

And after reading many of the posts on here, I'm wondering if "regular" clothing fits anybody? Seriously, who is it designed for?

Wasting altogether too much time sitting here ogling my upper arm definition again, lol. It's a real novelty to have a body part that I actually like, however... most of the time I'm focusing on my flaws, so this is progress.

Good for you!! Focus on the positive changes you're seeing, not the flaws! :smile:
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Also, I do my grocery shopping at like 5-6 am on Saturdays. I normally get up at 4-430 during the week so it's sleeping in a little. I found that I can avoid the weeknight or weekend day crowds that way. Only a couple of times, they hadn't yet stocked what I'd like to buy. For weekends like this one, where we are going to be out of town, and I can't do my usual grocery store run, it stresses me.

I've occasionally done this as well. Tamimi is a 24 hour grocery store, so on days we expect it to be crowded my husband and I have been known to go in around 3 AM or so. The only problem is that the deli counter and the butcher are both closed until later in the morning, and the bakery delivery truck doesn't show up until 6 or 7 AM so there's no fresh bread on the shelves. No turkey, no beef, and no bread for me. Sigh.

It's true that the deli & meat departments are closed but I guess I don't get anything from those anyway. The meat department in this grocery store is not the best, neither is the produce but like @peleroja said, I usually go through any produce I buy rather quickly so it doesn't spoil. I forgot about Costco. I buy a lot of my meat from there or a local butcher. I buy a lot of everything from Costco. I kind of love Costco

I don't like buying produce from Tamimi for the same reason--it's usually not too good or fresh, other than the herbs. I buy my herbs there, then I buy my produce from Carrefour and a local grocery store called Hyper Panda, which both get their produce from local farms and it's DELICIOUS.

Speaking of produce, new confession: I'm mildly allergic to tomatoes, and the riper and more delicious they are, the worse my reaction is. But I REALLY love fresh, ripe summer tomatoes--and we just bought a big bag of them from Carrefour. So the other day, I ate about half a kilo (one pound) of them in the space of less than 24 hours, and had a burning red rash around my mouth and inside it for the next day or two, which then proceeded to become a crusty, dried up shell of skin around my mouth. Worth it. <3

I'm allergic to tomatoes too, but i have such a bad reaction it causes anaphylaxis. Same with strawberries and red peppers. Its the enzyme on the skin colouring apparently. Makes eating out and work lunches a bit of a minefield. I also don't eat pork, so usually opt for vegetarian options for work events - which is always tomato and pepper. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to get a plain cheese sandwich!

Ugh, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I always feel so bad for people who have allergies to food. It must make everything difficult. :(
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat very profusely but I do get unbearably overheated internally (in response to exterior temps as well as hot flashes), which then makes me dizzy and woozy. I've always thought my body thermostat was broken, it doesn't seem to trigger enough sweating as a cooling response... other than the back of my head, which will drip down my neck.

Not a flusher, I'm one of the ones who go deathly pale, even during a hot flash.

I've never been able do temperature extremes comfortably. In a few months I'll be spending my time chilled to the bone under layers of clothing.

Another weird thing... apparently I go deathly cold when I sleep... like corpse, check-her-for-a-pulse cold.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 glad the evaluation went well and hope they find some programming to help her!

Can somebody please explain to me how it is that I can stop at the store, buy black beans, brownie mix, and ALL the ingredients for pistachio salad from memory... but can't remember to buy the toothpaste I've needed for the past couple of days? *bangs head*

(no, I'm not entirely without toothpaste, it just takes me 5 minutes to squeeze the dregs out of the tube)

And, for the record, black beans smell like cat food.

Ditto to @raelynnsmama52512!!!

And I love this whole post.

Ditto!

I've always thought that Refried Beans while tasty looks like dog food/cat food.

Oh definitely. I love them...but they look awful!

Try pureeing them. It took a great deal of faith in @peleroja to pour that purplish soup out of the blender into a nice bowl of brownie mix.

(They're dense brownies. I couldn't believe the weight of the Tupperware container when I went to put them in the fridge.)

How do they taste?

They're very nice... no evidence of any black bean flavour... quite a bit less sweet than they would have been made the regular way, which is an odd result considering the only ingredients omitted are eggs and oil.

I'm so intrigued by this. I want to try it out too!
  • FroggyBug
    Options

I want to see your pictures. :)

I finally watched the trailer and I'm really excited for this movie as well. It looks like it'll be awesome. I was sad to find out that it isn't coming out soon. :(
    I'm sad too :( And they're nothing special or creative :tongue: I'm terribly jealous of people who can actually draw well. Sometimes I like to draw what is in front of me... I just looked at stills from the animated series on my computer and drew them on paper. Like so:
    qjbr3t1sc6a5.jpg

Wow, I can't believe you just said you wish you could draw better...I think that is amazing. :) I love it! You are talented.

I'm not sure how to get this comment out of the quote so I'll just bold it. haha
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

I love it too... and my question is, what the heck kind of bra do you wear with it?

When I wore this Saturday, I wore a beige strapless bra with it and I was fine. You could also wear one of those bandeau things that are super popular right now.

I wish I could. I don't have a huge chest by any means but these aren't supportive and I'd really like to try as hard as I can to prevent what I do have from sagging to my toes :s

Glad I'm not the only one!

They do work - I have one that kind of works, even, and I've got a very big chest. They're not great for lift or support, obviously, but they do shape and cover.

Have you tried a longline strapless? I have one from Freya that's got just a couple inches of "band" under the cup and it stays up like nobody's business with that extra fabric. Plus it looks cute, even.

I have a longline strapless... it's ancient, which means it's hardly worn... which probably means it didn't work terrifically well. But it is also low-back, so it's probably trying to fill too many needs at once. I may have to dig it out and try it.
    I have the sliding issue with the bandeaus I have, but the bra stayed put. It is one I bought for my brother's wedding 5 years ago that has the non-slide gel-like stuff that some of the no slip headbands have.

What are the backless stick-on bras? Don't think I've seen one before.

Come to think of it, all of my strapless bras are from the days when I wore a too-large band (when I followed the "add 5 inches" guideline) so that might be half the problem.

Backless bra: 397663_unbra.jpg

edit to close parentheses, because that sort of thing keeps me up at night

How does that even stay up?!

Incomplete parentheses would haunt me too.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    @WestCoastJo82 Can you tell me the name of the lifting program you do? I'm at work with the overly zealous interwebs filter, so I probably can't look it up here. But can you tell me the basic lifts you do? We have a power rack at home and I'm wondering if the lifts are ones I could manage at home.

ETA: Strong Lifts? Is that it?
    Yes! Strong lifts 5x5 is the name of the program. If you have a power rack at home you are completely set! (And I'm insanely jealous of you and @ythannah). SL is just two workouts that you alternate - three lifts per workout, 5 sets of 5 reps (except deadlift, that's only one set). A is squat, bench, row and B is squat, overhead press, deadlift. Ideal programming is three times a week, but I only do twice a week sometimes and I'm still steadily progressing. If you download the free app it tells you when and how much to up your weight (which is everytime unless you fail) and will tell you to decrease weight if you fail too many times in a row. Also has a nifty timer built in to make sure you're resting enough between sets.

Perfect! Thanks for the info! I think I'd like to try that out after I finish up with the last 10-12 lbs I wanted to lose. I've never done a dead lift and am irrationally worried about hurting my back somehow... heh... I think I'll watch some videos re: form and such... or just ask Mr. Jenni, cuz he know that stuff. Maybe it can be something we do together!

Don't be afraid! Form videos are your friends, as is starting slow with low weight to get your form correct before you could hurt yourself, and definitely include Mr. Jenni!
    I am the clutziest person around, I'm lifting weights many would consider heavy now, and if I can get here damage free, I promise, you can too!
    Also, no need to wait (for the last few pounds) to start lifting unless you want to. You can get newbie lifter bonus points even in a deficit. You might not progress as quickly as you could eating at maintenance but you can still get strength gains. I circuit trained all through my weight loss and definitely got stronger.

I agree with everything said here. And the bolded is me all over, I'm one of those people who would fall backwards off the treadmill, which is why I run in the park on the grass instead. lol
    And you definitely shouldn't wait, so many times I've read on the success stories that they wish they had started it sooner, so I started when I was 215lbs. :smile:

I'm 2 weeks in on a weights routine (with trainer and horrendeous DOMS) at 213lbs

Nice work @orangesmartie !! I think I'll give the SL 5x5 program a whirl. My husband already has the app on his phone and seemed excited about doing it with me. I have knees that are a little sensitive, so I'm REALLY hoping the squats go ok. Thanks @Lois_1989 @WestCoastJo82 @nonoelmo @ythannah and all the other women lifters here who have inspired me to give this a shot!

Practice your squat form with no eight, not even the bar. Then with the empty bar and add weight SLOWLY. I started squatting a year ago and am just now doing 100lbs. When my knees hurt, I drop weight (like 20lbs) for a couple of sessions and add back slowly again. (I didn't do the other lifts until January. I just spotted for my husband for a long time.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Confession: there is a teenage girl at my gym whom I would love to tell that if she feels the need to workout with her hair down and wear false eyelashes in order to impress her beau, then it may be time for a new beau. And if she is doing that to impress someone else at the gym, then she definitely needs a new a beau. Either way, I wish she would either make an effort at getting stronger or stay out of my way while I make an effort at getting stronger.

I suppose if I wore false eyelashes, I might leave them on until I got home, but there is no way under the sun that I would try to lift with my hair falling fashionably in my eyes. And leaning on the squat rack isn't exercise.

My hair and make up turns into a sweaty mess at the gym! And I only have on makeup if I come from work! !

I confess I judge women running with their long hair down. I cannot stand to have any part of my hair touching my skin. And if I have makeup on I look like a raccoon when done.

Oh, my hair MUST be pulled up!

Same. I don't understand why anyone would have it down? Unless it's at an in between length where it won't stay up?

Mine is kind of the in between stage. Usually half way through my walk/jog its falling down all over the place!

So, I saw her again... this time she doing her hair and hairspraying it to pieces before she came upstairs to "work". Still feel like that's a waste of time. Still want her to stay away from the power racks. I want to work in them not lean on them. Her hair is as long as mine, so ponytail would stay up. My son says she's a cheerleader. Maybe when school starts on Monday, she will be too busy to come waste my workout time.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I buy all my groceries at Publix. I think they're only in the Southeast US though...?

Everything else I buy off Amazon! Getting an Amazon Prime membership is like the best decision I've ever made...free 2 day shipping! I buy cosmetics, toilet paper, dog food, you name it! So much cheaper.

I get 90% of my clothes at New York and Company.

YES, Publix is ONLY in SE US and I'm beyond annoyed by this. We discovered Publix sweet tea while in Florida and fell in love. We had Rachael bring back some of that and Zephyr Hills water when she went to Florida with my mom. Mr. Mo drank it all and I only got 1 glass. I'm STILL made about that.

Be a dear, and ship me about 5 gallons of that delicious sweet nectar, would ya!

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    As far as the discussion on workout clothes I buy a lot of my newer workout clothes at Wal-Mart. Another place I find workout clothes pretty dirt cheap are thrift stores. The best time to hit up the thrift stores are either 50% off days or if you're a senior citizen & they offer a special discount day.

I've found Under Armour, Nike, Reebok, & New Balance that looked like it was in new condition.

Speaking of clothing where do most of you shop for your clothing? Where do you do the majority of your grocery shopping?

Rant ahead...and I'm sorry, because I know it sounds like a humblebrag and I swear that's not the intention...it really is very frustrating because I'm not even an especially tiny person.

I have a tough time with clothes because my frame is such that I'm on the border of not fitting into women's sizes, so I often have to seek out juniors' stuff that's appropriate for adults or scour stores with smaller more "European" sizing like Zara. Almost all my non-work stuff is either from the kids' section (Costco, a lot of the time) or from cheapo juniors' stores. And I have as much stretchy stuff as I can get away with for work, lots of wool sweaters and skinny trousers that are basically dress-pants-jeggings. Stores like Banana Republic, J Crew, Loft, and Express where lots of women my age shop for work basics are so vanity-sized I can't buy a pair of pants that fits there anymore because I have no butt. Fortunately all that loose, unstructured stuff, especially for tops, is in style now even for work so I've had options lately, though.

I'm that practically-thirty-year-old flipping through every rack at H&M and Forever 21 looking for stuff that doesn't belong on a girl half my age.

For exercise, I do kids' stuff from Costco, Victoria's Secret PINK leggings, and I do buy a LOT of Lululemon and I'm sorry. I am also that person who buys $100 hoodies and leggings sometimes. But the fit is beautiful, they are so comfortable, and they're sturdy too.

Try being the 51 year old flipping through the juniors' racks because the grown-up women's clothing seems to be styled/sized for gals with much larger hips/bums and bosoms than mine. :/

At least in my case the casual onlooker will probably think I'm shopping for my daughter or even granddaughter. :D Until I hold something up to me to eyeball the length.

I do like RW... they do "grown up" without crossing the "frumpy" line. Most of my clothing comes from online shopping or Winners (and TJMax when in US). Almost all of my workout wear is Winners/TJMax, with a few Old Navy tops in there... their pants are never long enough for me, unless I can find talls.

Most of my major grocery shopping is Superstore/No Frills. (Needless to say, their Joe pants are too short too.)

It's my future, haha. I just don't care anymore though because what else am I supposed to do? Buy everything too big and spend more money to have it tailored? Nope, I don't want to spend the extra so apart from a couple nice skirt suits I had altered for big meetings and stuff I'd rather just keep digging for appropriate clothes in teen stores.

I HAVE a chest and hips and women's stuff still doesn't fit most of the time...yet the stuff my mom wore as a size 8 in the 80s fits perfectly, so go figure. She nearly fainted when I bought a wedding dress in a 0 (I'm ten pounds heavier than she was and her dress was, again, an 8), thinking I'd lost my mind, but that is really how much sizes have changed compared to when she was my age.

I agree with you @peleroja that they definitely vanity size clothing nowadays! I range in pants anywhere from a 6-10 & I'm around 158-163 pounds (I haven't weighed myself recently due to PMS coming) & shirts range from a small in some to an extra large (I buy some clothes bigger to layer). The pants I have in a 6 that fit are Ann Taylor. I agree that Banana Republic, Gap, & Old Navy seem to be the worst at vanity sizing.

My mom has some old bell bottoms that I occasionally try on & I can pull them over my butt at least but it's so high waisted & there's many buttons that there's no way in Hades I could ever dream of buttoning them. They're pretty hideous any ways.

I am the same sizes as you, Kelly. It makes me nuts to put on a size 10and have it fall off. I am NOT that small.

I shop at Kohl's, TJ Maxx, and Target and occasionally Belk for clothes.

I buy groceries at Aldi, Food City or Ingle's. They have reasonably good prices on my GF stuff.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Me too! I regularly leave sweaty butt/body prints on equipment, much to my gym partner's dismay :blush:

Thanks for this confession. I always thought I was the only one.

I thought everyone left them. I just wipe them down. :smiley:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I committed to baking a PannuKakku (Finnish dessert like a custardy French toast served with jam) for daycare's cultural potluck on Friday. I love it. I will have to resist the urge to faceplant in it. I love desserts that aren't super sweet (I will almost always pick a lime/citrus/nut something or other over caramel bc I'm weird like that) but I don't usually eat desserts (which is weird for a baker, I know). I eat like 1/2 a Hershey's mini and I'm good lol. I'll actually eat 2 tbsp. of homemade nut butter (I make mine without sugar) before a brownie.

Are you Finnish?

I ask because the SO is and Finn pancakes are often a supper meal at our home. He's never mentioned or produced that dessert, however... surprising, considering his sweet tooth.

He's a total Finn food snob, lol. He sneers at the fundraiser Pulla I occasionally buy, saying it's nowhere as good as his mum's.

DH is lol... He's from the UP of Michigan (which has the highest concentration of Finns outside of Finland). My Pulla is decent but nothing compared to his grandmother's. He misses her food a ton (she's been dead about 5? years). I can make some stuff and I wish I knew the language but other than a few sentences, I don't.

I'm Irish (one side grandparents off the boat, the other side, one was off the boat) and a trace Serbian. I make a mean soda bread ;)

I love soda bread!! I wish I knew how to make it.

<<<<<< This Italian makes a pretty killer Irish Soda Bread

Is it hard to make?
    Now I really want some since I've heard about it in this thread a few times.

No, it's not hard. I can even make it was GF flour. (some breads don't translate well.) I
    And I think I will tonight
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one!

They do work - I have one that kind of works, even, and I've got a very big chest. They're not great for lift or support, obviously, but they do shape and cover.

Have you tried a longline strapless? I have one from Freya that's got just a couple inches of "band" under the cup and it stays up like nobody's business with that extra fabric. Plus it looks cute, even.

I have a longline strapless... it's ancient, which means it's hardly worn... which probably means it didn't work terrifically well. But it is also low-back, so it's probably trying to fill too many needs at once. I may have to dig it out and try it.
    I have the sliding issue with the bandeaus I have, but the bra stayed put. It is one I bought for my brother's wedding 5 years ago that has the non-slide gel-like stuff that some of the no slip headbands have.

What are the backless stick-on bras? Don't think I've seen one before.

Come to think of it, all of my strapless bras are from the days when I wore a too-large band (when I followed the "add 5 inches" guideline) so that might be half the problem.

Backless bra: 397663_unbra.jpg

edit to close parentheses, because that sort of thing keeps me up at night

How does that even stay up?!

Incomplete parentheses would haunt me too.

I'm 32DD and the strapless I have stay up. They actually do a pretty good job. I have three convertible bras that can be worn with or without straps and they have the rubbery next to the akin portion on the band or extra depth to the band or both.