June Move Your @SS Challenge...

Options

Replies

• AMcMaster
    AMcMaster Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hi can u help me set my mt tracker for miles and exercise for June, new to this...
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am in again this month. I think I will keep my goal at 175 miles.
    This helps keep me focused on my fitness. Thanks.
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm going for 100 miles again.

Just posted the May challenge results on the previous thread. The spreadsheet for June is at https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=t-NSGo4GPIzVC8_b7SoZeZw&pli=1#gid=5
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    hi can u help me set my mt tracker for miles and exercise for June, new to this...

amcmaster, you can make a ticker at www.tickerfactory.com and paste it in your signature. Shouldn't be too hard. Another way to do it is to write a line in your signature and track your miles manually. Hope this helps.
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    11 miles done in a great half hour of spin this morning. Should make for some pretty good jello knees in BodyPump and Zumba tonight!!
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Yay its June! My goal is 100 miles.
  • MisMolly
    MisMolly Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'll give this a go...I am going to shoot for 55 miles of walking, jogging, and maybe bicycling!
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well...sounds like fun to set a goal like this and reach for it. I'll start a bit easy this month - 25 miles. I'm thinking if I go over, it'll be pure bonus! :)
  • grmacgirl
    grmacgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The great thing about biking is that the miles roll away fast! I'm going to set a goal of 100 miles in the month of June, some waliking but mostly biking. If I knock down that goal I'll just set it higher for July!

8-)
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    My goal is 40 miles again.

6 miles running today.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Change of plans... Going with 75 miles again this month, but I'm going to include walking miles, too.

I had a miserable time at the gym, and couldn't find my groove on the treadmill, but managed 4.5 miles in an hour. Two running and 2.5 walking at an incline.

What's frustrating is that I went to the gym because it was so blasted hot and humid outside, and while I was there, a cold front moved through and it's almost comfortable outside now. :laugh:
    My goal is 40 miles again.

6 miles running today.

Now THAT'S a bang-up start to the month!
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Okay, having read through the posts I think I am right that the miles can be done via exercise means rather than just by walking or jogging?

swimming and cycling etc count towards it?
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Put me down for 160 miles for June.
    Now that the Avon Walk will be over this weekend, I can put more time into strength training and don't have to walk everyday according to the schedule. I'm not going to move too much these first few days as the walk this weekend will cover about 40 miles alone!!! :ohwell:

Good luck to everyone and welcome to the newbies!!!! Just taking one step means you have moved, all you need to do is take the next ones :drinker:
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Ran 3.23 miles; wish it could have been outside...the weather is finally getting nice here!
  • MrsWendyQ
    MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks to Petchonka82....I'd love to join!!! I'm thinking of a goal, perhaps 50! :happy:

How exactly does this work?
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Okay, having read through the posts I think I am right that the miles can be done via exercise means rather than just by walking or jogging?

swimming and cycling etc count towards it?

anything you can measure with miles/KM....good luck and welcome...
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

Moving this month. So will be able to record miles for only first half of the month. aiming for 45 miles this month. Hoping I can do it comfortably and may be go higher.
    7.9 miles done. good start to the month. hope it stays that way.
  • MsNikia
    MsNikia Posts: 8
    Options
    Count me In...My goal is going to be 25.
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Wish I could pledge my miles here but the foot is not ready to go yet after my 5-11 surgery (it wants to!!) Still a little swollen and needs to be elevated off an on during the day. But if I get moving - I will add in - okay. Good luck to all of you - it is such a great challenge that I miss madly!!! Hope to be back on the chart soon! Cheers!
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Please excuse this excitement but I am someone who hasnt been exercising for years, have approx 80-100lbs to loose, and have a foot injury that comes and goes.

(drumroll).....TODAY I WENT TO THE GYM!!!!

2.20 km on treadmill – walking at 4.5 hill walking (incline 6 – 30 mins)

0.96 km on evil Elliptical trainer – 10 mins at level 2 (100 calories)

0.75 km general walk – 20 mins (moderate pace)

Total of 3.91 km coverts to

Total 2.43 miles

Can't say I love it yet as the other members are running beside me making my efforts feel a bit weedy, but hey, its a great start!

Good luck everyone!