June 2011-No late night/wise choice snacking

Options
Do you find yourself searching for something to snack on after dinner? Do you make healthy choices all day and right before bed you decide to go ahead and have a spoon or two of ice cream, a cookie, chips, etc.?

For some odd reason, this happens almost every night and you want it to STOP.

If this sounds like you, join us so we can support one another to beat late night snacking!

Take either dinner or a cut-off time to be the last time you eat for the day, after that time, you may have tea and water only.

Tally your progress daily for a monthly total.

For Example:
Me: 22 ~ LNS: 9

You may join at ANYTIME. You don’t have to be successful every day; you just have to do your best. We’re not perfect and we all have non-successful days but
the goal is to NOT GIVE UP!

Welcome & Good Luck!

Replies

• leighkent
    leighkent Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    HaHa, this sounds EXACTLY like me !!
    I do so well during the day, have a good dinner and then about an hour later I'm cupboard searching !!
    Last night I had crisps and a hobnob medley bar (after my dessert) and I was STILL cupboard searching after it so went to bed with a mood !!

I don't get how to track it though ?
  • Lindy222
    Lindy222 Posts: 9
    Options
    Am so with you - last night I would have killed for some chocolate - Dairy Milk Wholenut to be precise !

I walked the dog, had a bath, dried my hair - all in an effort to distract myself - but the desperate need just followed me around.

I have been here a week now - eaten carefully and sensibly - am usually an eat wot I want girl - and if that means some chocolate instead of a meal - hey - I've done that too. I have such a sweet tooth - and would truthfully simply have a chocolate bar for all three meals and all snacks -

I feel like an addict - being denied a fix - and really, I guess my body is shouting out for the sugar high too.

But - is now the next day - and I can feel just a tad pleased with myself for getting through last night. Just shows - mind over chocolate !!!
  • leighkent
    Options
    After slamming the cupboard shut on a white chocolate bar last night, I opened my cupboard this morning and it fell out in front of me - I did feel quite proud that I resisted the night before !!

As soon as a type of food enters my mind, I will carry on thinking about it, eat an apple, carry on thinking about it, and then end up eating it !!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    bumps
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I don't get how to track it though ?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/230615-may-2011-no-late-night-snacking?page=7#posts-3350177

Here is last month's to review. As you will notice, it was a tough month for most of it. But we stuck it out and were there to encourage each other and share in the successes and not-so-much successes. So join us and stick with us. It's fun.
  • leighkent
    Options
    So, me = (amount of times you DIDN'T snack) and LNS = amount of times you DID snack ??
    And the two figures will add up to 30 by the end of it ?? xx
  • Steph_135
    Options
    So, me = (amount of times you DIDN'T snack) and LNS = amount of times you DID snack ??
    And the two figures will add up to 30 by the end of it ?? xx
    Exactly right. :happy:
  • leighkent
    Options
    Oh, thanks for clearing that up haha.
    I'm in on this one !!

My 'goal' is to not have anything after my dessert !!!! x
  • apeydawn
    apeydawn Posts: 52
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!!!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    As a veteran at this, I won't say much on the why and how :wink:. I am trying another strategy this month (though a bit too flexible, but let's see how it goes): the nights when I stop eating at least two hours before going to bed will count as a win for me. Provided I am not stuffed when I stop eating :wink:. By this I just want to be a bit more flexible about the cut-off, though ideally that would be still 9 p.m.

Good luck, everyone! :drinker: (with unsweetened tea or water :wink:)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Last month was not great for me, LNS was on a mission and almost took over. However, I won that battle (only by 3 pts :grumble: )

Well, its a new month and Im planning on leaving LNS in the dust.:bigsmile:

Come on ladies we have to take over this month and show LNS who is in control!

WE CAN & WILL DO THIS!!!!! :happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    For me, my cutoff time will be 9 p.m. regardless of the late night snacks my family might have. The sun not going down until 8:30 is really messing up our eating schedule. I blame that on my oops for May. I literally lose track of time. Hoping to cut off most nights by 8, but it doesn't always work, like last nigh (8:30). So far...

ME 1, LNS 0
  • leighkent
    Options
    Ok, so I'm saying last night was 1/2 point each.

I ate my yog, baked crisps and small choc bar (my dessert) after my dinner but half hour later I had a banana. This normally would be more crisps/choc/custard etc .. so I think it's half and half!

Me: 0.5 LNS: 0.5 ! x
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone -
    I'm ready for another month of this challenge. I am keeping my cut-off time at 9:15 except for special occasions when it is 11:30. I am really going to try hard this month to keep up w/Jodi and anyone else who wants some friendly competition. So far, I'm off to a good start.
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0
    Good luck to you all!!:flowerforyou:
    Zaza
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I ate a little after my time last night, but I had gone to Zumba, and hadn't eaten dinner. It was healthy fish and a big salad, so...

Me: 1 ~ LNS: 0
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 1 ~ LNS: 0

leighkent- You decided to have a healthy snack so I think you deserve the point from last night.

Steph-Yes that point is all yours. I tend to workout late some nights and have dinner afterwards. Thats why I made my cut off dinner instead of a specific time. As long as Im not snacking on junk and just eating dinner, the point is all mine :bigsmile:

Off to a good start ladies, Let's keep staying strong :smile:
  • MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    I cut out all late night snacking by watching episodes of Hoarders on Netflix! :) No lie!!! Total loss of appetite while watching that show! :)
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    So glad to read how the first night went for you, ladies! I like the fact that you are reasonable, too. :flowerforyou:
    I am also happy to report that last night was better for me than maybe any May night :wink:, so
    Me: 1 - LNS: 0
  • alison_cpb
    alison_cpb Posts: 23
    Options
    Yup, this is a good one for me to start with. LNS is my biggest challenge. I won last night though!

me = 1 - LNS = 0
  • leighkent
    Options
    Day 2, it's 10:43pm

Me: 0.5 - LNS: 1.5

BOO !!!
    The night before weigh-in too !!!

Loveme445 - if the LNS starts to get a big lead, I may take that 1/2 point back lol xx