Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Thanks for all the commiseration, everyone - we didn't get home until eleven last night so it ended up being about thirteen hours of pointless driving all together (and four fast-food meals for my husband, lol.) Brutal. I'm not sure he's ever going to forgive me...he was trying hard to not be mad about it but the man treasures his time off work so spending it in highway gridlock with an annoyed wife in a hot car was really not his idea of fun (nor mine), but it was at least my own darn fault for deciding to use a holiday Monday to drive a two-lane highway.
    Eeek, that really is bad. Where were you headed? Sorry you had such a wasted day. :/

We had a specific hike in mind in Jasper, the second summit on Bald Hills from Maligne Lake, if you're familiar with the area. We're trying to pick stuff with at least 2000 feet of elevation gain over an hour or two to prep for our Peru trek. There's not much of that nearby so we had braced ourselves for what should have been 3 to 3.5 hours of driving, but it was just bumper-to-bumper from the moment the highway becomes undivided (one lane in each direction.) We were stuck in line for half an hour just to get through the park gates, even, despite being annual passholders because the east Jasper gates don't have a pass-through lane.
    I don't know the area well - we've driven it a couple of times - but I know how busy the parks get at this time of year. I guess the kind of training you need is more than being able to climb a lot of stairs.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    LloydGK wrote: »
    Woke up on the floor with my head in the fridge a little while back. :# (I sleep eat - among other things)
    I'd eaten a 65g chocolate mousse and a Kitkat, apparently.

I don't even like chocolate.

Better than driving in your sleep, which my best friend does when under extreme stress. Her husband hides her keys after she goes to sleep and puts them back in her purse in the morning before he goes to work.

wow, that sounds so scary to me!
    i wonder if she's ever woken up in the car and was completely oblivious to how she got there?
    i'd have a massive panic attack :(
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Hey everyone! My long weekend was fantastic, we ended up going to ribfest (see current profile photo, happy fat kid is happy and fat haha) after a kickass workout session. We also went to a house warming on the Sunday, I found out the hard way that I am a massive lightweight now and red wine is the devil!

My confession for the day is that I have zero interest in doing any work and yet I have so much to actually do! I'll be floating in and out for the day :)

Great new picture!! Glad you had fun!!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    As info to the quest bar nom-noms....

BodyBuilding.com has 12-Bars Quest Nutrition Protein Bars (various flavors) on sale for $24.99 - 30% off promotional code 30AWARDS2015 (apply at checkout) = $17.49. Shipping is $5.98.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Why do the delicious things have to be so high in calories?! I'm sad because my zucchini chocolate chip walnut muffin is 265 calories and it's not even that big, just a regular size muffin. I'm still eating it like it's the last food on earth though.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

BodyBuilding.com has 12-Bars Quest Nutrition Protein Bars (various flavors) on sale for $24.99 - 30% off promotional code 30AWARDS2015 (apply at checkout) = $17.49. Shipping is $5.98.

That's cheaper than SG. Is it mix and match or full boxes of 1 kind only?

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

That's cheaper than SG. Is it mix and match or full boxes of 1 kind only?

I'm not really sure, Mo. I didn't visit the page or place an order. Just passing the info along from Slickdeals.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Okay to all my British pals- asked the SO what marmite is ( I didn't want to tell him y'all had already told me as he likes explaining those kinds of things to me :)) his reponse- "Eugh marmite is some disgusting vegetable spread. It's slogan is you either love it or hit it which tells you a lot!" I cracked up as this was the same response from a lot of you!

There is a lot of Marmite hate going on in this thread. I may have to disown you all!

I might have some Marmite on cheese on toast for tea. The tea of kings.

Awww if it makes you feel better my mum likes it? She's the only one in my family though lol
    Yeah, my sister loves it too. We have a giant jar in our pantry for some reason. Nobody in our house eats it, although my husband said 'It's alright', which must make him the only person who doesn't 'love it or hate it'.

I don't really either. I'm not keen, but I don't hate it.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    How crazy is this? NEVER lose hope, @MoHousdon !!!!

w1g4xbn54syq.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I am getting my skin cancer cut out today. I had no idea no running, riding, swimming, or anything but walking or the stationary bike after 2 days for TWO weeks. I am not happy.

Not to mention the sound of the snipping of my flesh is making me a bit nauseous.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

w1g4xbn54syq.jpg

I was just thinking about my Owen yesterday. I miss that little turd head. I hope he DOES make his way home.

Thanks for sharing this!!! <3<3

• jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!

Dang it! I forgot I told you I was starting that this week. :o Guess I need to start that this week. We (Mr. Mo and I) were supposed to start this morning, but I had to take Rachael to her school to change her classes. Long irritating story.

I'm going to watch the second video at lunch today so I can learn workout B. Maybe Mr. Mo will want to go tonight after dinner. Doubtful, but maybe.
    OK, I shouldn't be here but had to do a quick check. Yay for so much good news in here! @bkhamill congrats on the new grandbaby, @crosbylee awesome cancer-free news, @orangesmartie so glad to hear you all WANT to work it out, and have fun in the UK @LBuehrle8!

I'm out for the next week (leave for conference tomorrow) and have no chance of keeping up here, but I'll try to pop into the bat cave. @MoHousdon and @jthurman3 I want to hear about your SL 5x5 workouts this week!

Dang it! I forgot I told you I was starting that this week. :o Guess I need to start that this week. We (Mr. Mo and I) were supposed to start this morning, but I had to take Rachael to her school to change her classes. Long irritating story.

I'm going to watch the second video at lunch today so I can learn workout B. Maybe Mr. Mo will want to go tonight after dinner. Doubtful, but maybe.

@WestCoastJo82 & @MoHousdon - We didn't do the workout yesterday, mostly because my knees were killing me from walking so many floors of stairs on my breaks last week (at least 20 floors a day Mon-Fri). It turns out my knees didn't love that. I want to make sure that I start the SL program with knees feeling good because the squats are what make me most uncertain with my sketchy knees.

I think we will delay the start to next Monday and I'm laying off the stairs this whole week so that I can start off the best way. I'm still really excited about the program and want to give it my all! My knees feel a bit better today and I think they will be 100% by the end of the week. I will definitely keep you posted! :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I think just about everyone in my family is right-handed. My left-handed professor in college stated that when he was younger, everyone at his school believed left-handedness meant the devil had a hold on you or something dumb like that. He was forced to have his hand bound and learn to write with his right hand. Now he can do both pretty perfectly, but he writes with his right hand and does pretty much everything else with his left. I can't believe they would force something on a child like that.... hearing about his past made me pretty upset.

I have a strong craving for some vinegary chips. Or banana peppers. Or pickle juice. DILL PICKLE CHIPS <3 When I get vinegar cravings I can really go bonkers.

LOVE salty vinegary things....now I'm craving them too! Ooh! Have you ever had salt and vinegar almonds?? I eat them like every day. So good...

I love salty vinegary things too. These,sound amazing.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Y'all are going to make me cry, dang it! ❤️❤️
    I try to do my best to stay supportive and positive for her.

There's days like yesterday that make me feel good, and then there's days like today when she comes running through the house with poop on her butt and a poopy diaper lying on her bedroom floor that make me facepalm and laugh. She's so silly yet she also tends to really push her boundaries at times. Talk about a crappy day, huh? :wink:

Literally! :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ahhhh! I'm buying a million!

ETA: Ok, maybe not a million, but I got 5 boxes for the price of 4, shipping included!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I think just about everyone in my family is right-handed. My left-handed professor in college stated that when he was younger, everyone at his school believed left-handedness meant the devil had a hold on you or something dumb like that. He was forced to have his hand bound and learn to write with his right hand. Now he can do both pretty perfectly, but he writes with his right hand and does pretty much everything else with his left. I can't believe they would force something on a child like that.... hearing about his past made me pretty upset.

I have a strong craving for some vinegary chips. Or banana peppers. Or pickle juice. DILL PICKLE CHIPS <3 When I get vinegar cravings I can really go bonkers.

My cousin had this happen to him as a kid. He was dyslexic and a lefty. My mom told me the nuns at the Catholic school he went to made him crawl, etc. to replicate development to 'cure' him of both conditions.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Ahhhh! I'm buying a million!

I'll be over here in Canada with my $35 boxes from GNC, lol.

Still cheaper than the bacon & egg McMuffin combo my husband eats every day for breakfast, I guess.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @Peleroja I'm sorry to hear about your bad day--that must have really stunk. :-/ I know I'd be really upset if I had to drive/ride 5+ hours, just to turn around and go home again. I hope you get another chance to go and do your hike. :)

@OrangeSmartie I hope you have a great vacation. :) I think it's just what you need after having such a difficult few weeks.

Confession: I blew my calorie goal on those three-ingredient peanut butter cookies for like the fifth or sixth time since I discovered them. @kelly_c_77, @tubbs216, and @Italian_Buju, I may have to hate you guys for talking about them to begin with... :p

Second confession: My weigh-in today puts me back into the "overweight" category for the first time in almost three years. :(

Awww, I am sorry. That is a bummer.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

w1g4xbn54syq.jpg

I was just thinking about my Owen yesterday. I miss that little turd head. I hope he DOES make his way home.

Thanks for sharing this!!! <3<3

So weird I was thinking about your missing cat today. :(

Still hoping he comes home.
  • LovelyladiC
    LovelyladiC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sometime when I log my food, I don't include EVERYTHING so it doesn't look like I went over my allotted calories for the day. :-( ... self sabotage.