What's Your Most Recent NSV

12802812832852861675

Replies

  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    I have suffered all my life from this:

    "Scopophobia, scoptophobia, or ophthalmophobia is an anxiety disorder characterized by a morbid fear of being seen or stared at by others. Scopophobia can also be associated with a pathological fear of drawing attention to oneself."

    I have wanted to go out and walk around my nice neighborhood for years now, but no matter how much I try to psych myself up to do it, I just can't go out the door.

    Today I finally conquered that fear and went for a 40 minute walk around my neighborhood!!

    It was really nice and not too scary at all. Except for when I saw people. :#:) I live in a beautiful neighborhood, and you see so much more walking rather than driving.

    This is a bigger accomplishment for me than losing weight. But I do have to say that it is the weight loss that helped me do this. I feel so much less "ugly" and ashamed of myself than I did 42 pounds ago, so I don't feel as much of the fear of people looking at me and saying "there goes a great big fat pig" as I once did.

    I am really happy with myself this morning. I know that tomorrow and the next day and the day after I will still have to go through my self-talk routine to get out the door again, but I really hope that repetition will eventually help eventually ease this fear. I don't want to be a prisoner in my house any longer. This is a huge first step. :)


    Great victory
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    Today I had a really really bad day. So on the way home I headed to the gym. Smashed out a great workout!
    My nsv? This time last year I would have gone to woolies on the way home and bought a block of chocolate and a packet of Tim Tam's

    That is a real victory! It's those tough times when we make the healthy decisions that show us how strong we are

    Thank you :smile:
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 559 Member
    Yesterday i walked past the sweet shop instead of walking in and getting a quarter (100g)of dew drops, i could have probably fit them in my calorie goal but just thought to myself nope they'll only make you feel sick afterward as sweets do now.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,998 Member
    2 days of not mindlessly eating at night
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    I ran/jogged today!!!!! The park where I walk is 261 metres long. And previously I could run only 90 metres. Today, I completed the whole round by jogging. It also helped that it was raining in the afternoon so it was not too sunny or hot. I Tasted runner's high and I am a happy blubbering idiot :D next goal-> run non stop for an hour and then maybe Mumbai marathon! !! YAY!!!
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    I've gotten up at 5am to jog almost every day this past week. Last night I considered taking a rest day, but I woke up at 5 without my alarm, so I went anyway. I thought I would feel like, sore or stiff or tired by now, but the more I run the better I feel - I think maybe because my form is improving through practice?

    Anyway, I'm typically more of a 'sleep in until 11:30, stay inside all day' sort of person, so I'm proud of myself.
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Got a comment yesterday about my pretty biceps. Didn't realize they actually showed yet :blush:

    Bought a pair of size 8 (CAN) pants recently. Already at my goal size, what? So awesome :smiley:

    I realized I was always hungry and since I didn't have enough snacks in my lunchbox I would turn to the candy bar machine. So last night I made myself a batch of homemade protein bars. We shall see how those work out!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    I ran/jogged today!!!!! The park where I walk is 261 metres long. And previously I could run only 90 metres. Today, I completed the whole round by jogging. It also helped that it was raining in the afternoon so it was not too sunny or hot. I Tasted runner's high and I am a happy blubbering idiot :D next goal-> run non stop for an hour and then maybe Mumbai marathon! !! YAY!!!
    Awesomesauce!!
    I've gotten up at 5am to jog almost every day this past week. Last night I considered taking a rest day, but I woke up at 5 without my alarm, so I went anyway. I thought I would feel like, sore or stiff or tired by now, but the more I run the better I feel - I think maybe because my form is improving through practice?

    Anyway, I'm typically more of a 'sleep in until 11:30, stay inside all day' sort of person, so I'm proud of myself.
    Great work!!!


    I am currently working on running. Was doing it for about five weeks, but my knees were hating me. Took a week off, going to start slower this time with C25K.
    NSV- did I just say I took a week off of running? Why yes! This if-I'm-running-you-better-run-because-there's-a-bear girl is now a running-because-I-like-it girl!!

  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Slickdeal on Relaxed Fit Dockers pants, right after I was able to fit into Classic Fit 34s :angry: So whatever, I order Relaxed Fit 32s. They fit! And they feel good!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Yesterday I went to happy hour with my co-managers and fit that into my calories. But on the way home I was obsessed with the idea of a DQ blizzard. Not a large one, just a mini, but still 420 calories of frozen cookie dough bliss. (It doesn't help that I pass a DQ on my way home.) By the time I drove by, I had talked myself out of it since it would pretty much be entirely over my limit and I knew I wouldn't feel like exercising it off later.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    The Reeses peanut butter cups my boss just bought me are in the fridge and not my belly. They will go into my belly tomorrow when I have planned them in :)
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    I'm wearing my FitBit one notch tighter as of this morning. Small victory, but it's cool to see loss even in my wrists. :)
  • lemonaid7
    lemonaid7 Posts: 156 Member
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    I have suffered all my life from this:

    "Scopophobia, scoptophobia, or ophthalmophobia is an anxiety disorder characterized by a morbid fear of being seen or stared at by others. Scopophobia can also be associated with a pathological fear of drawing attention to oneself."

    I have wanted to go out and walk around my nice neighborhood for years now, but no matter how much I try to psych myself up to do it, I just can't go out the door.

    Today I finally conquered that fear and went for a 40 minute walk around my neighborhood!!

    It was really nice and not too scary at all. Except for when I saw people. :#:) I live in a beautiful neighborhood, and you see so much more walking rather than driving.

    This is a bigger accomplishment for me than losing weight. But I do have to say that it is the weight loss that helped me do this. I feel so much less "ugly" and ashamed of myself than I did 42 pounds ago, so I don't feel as much of the fear of people looking at me and saying "there goes a great big fat pig" as I once did.

    I am really happy with myself this morning. I know that tomorrow and the next day and the day after I will still have to go through my self-talk routine to get out the door again, but I really hope that repetition will eventually help eventually ease this fear. I don't want to be a prisoner in my house any longer. This is a huge first step. :)


    This is by far the best NSV I've ever read on these boards, I hope you continue getting outside and know that deep down you are stronger than your phobia! You got this, I believe in you! ⭐️
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Today's pants have a gap at the back of the waist..this has never occurred before. I always had a flat butt and a huge gut, now the butt is shaping and the gut is shrinking. Awesome!
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    I bought my first pair of size 12......practically ever....yes they have stretch and I'm not sure I can sit without a muffin top.....but a 12.....a bloody 12.....
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    lemonaid7 wrote: »
    This is by far the best NSV I've ever read on these boards, I hope you continue getting outside and know that deep down you are stronger than your phobia! You got this, I believe in you! ⭐️

    Thank you so much, and thank you to the others who commented on my post. I didn't go yesterday because it rained all day, but I went again this morning, and I had to psych myself up all over again to do it, but I did it. Onward I go! :)

  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    lemonaid7 wrote: »
    This is by far the best NSV I've ever read on these boards, I hope you continue getting outside and know that deep down you are stronger than your phobia! You got this, I believe in you! ⭐️

    Thank you so much, and thank you to the others who commented on my post. I didn't go yesterday because it rained all day, but I went again this morning, and I had to psych myself up all over again to do it, but I did it. Onward I go! :)

    As someone with bipolar your post resonated with me. My fiance used to have to prep talk when I started c25k and each week i went up a level so the fact that you done it by yourself is awesome. You've got this girl! feel free to friend me
  • NJCJF
    NJCJF Posts: 134 Member
    tried on a pair of size 28 Gap jeans (size 7) and they fit perfectly. Added bonus...my daughter works there so I got them for 50% off using her employee discount!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    I bought my first pair of size 12......practically ever....yes they have stretch and I'm not sure I can sit without a muffin top.....but a 12.....a bloody 12.....
    I squealed the first time my 12s zipped!