Options

Replies

• rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    TSith wrote: »
    I can't believe how many people would be upset if someone came and talked to them at the gym... Makes me sad.

You also have to understand it from a woman's point of view. The majority of the guys at my gym prey on girls. I wear a baggy cut off and usually sweat pants to the gym and they still look at me like a piece of meat. It's disgusting. It's very rare to have a genuine guy come up to you at the gym. So from experience, no please don't come up to me. Show me you're interested in another way than interrupting me. If you want to get to k ow me and you think I'm worth the wait, then wait until I'm finished. That's all.

I'm not saying the above is true for ALL guys..

Meh, that's a cop out excuse to me. Guys get gawked at as well. Guys get looked at like a piece of meat. Wouldn't keep me from being friendly to someone who approaches me. I don't judge people based on what others do. Sorry.

Well then if you prefer people feel entitled to your time and attention at any given moment of their choosing with complete disregard for your space and level of comfort on the off-chance that they're being genuinely friendly to you, then carry on. That's your prerogative, not anyone else's.

WHAAAAAAAAAA!???
  • Hea1thyGam3r
    Hea1thyGam3r Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    TSith wrote: »
    I can't believe how many people would be upset if someone came and talked to them at the gym... Makes me sad.

You also have to understand it from a woman's point of view. The majority of the guys at my gym prey on girls. I wear a baggy cut off and usually sweat pants to the gym and they still look at me like a piece of meat. It's disgusting. It's very rare to have a genuine guy come up to you at the gym. So from experience, no please don't come up to me. Show me you're interested in another way than interrupting me. If you want to get to k ow me and you think I'm worth the wait, then wait until I'm finished. That's all.

I'm not saying the above is true for ALL guys..

Meh, that's a cop out excuse to me. Guys get gawked at as well. Guys get looked at like a piece of meat. Wouldn't keep me from being friendly to someone who approaches me. I don't judge people based on what others do. Sorry.

Well then if you prefer people feel entitled to your time and attention at any given moment of their choosing with complete disregard for your space and level of comfort on the off-chance that they're being genuinely friendly to you, then carry on. That's your prerogative, not anyone else's.

WHAAAAAAAAAA!???

Don't try to analyze it Rj. That feeling of shock you are experiencing is merely the realization that the idea of community is not as firm as once it was. :)
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I've done the post-it on the window before, anonymously, just to check whether the guy was even available or not before making it awkward. If you get rejected, would it be too awkward to work-out at that gym? It might be for her. I'd approach this very carefully, but first and foremost, I'd make it very casual as if you're only interested in being friends...that way, if it becomes abundantly clear that you don't want to pursue something, then it won't be awkward to just as smoothly back out of it.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options
    I first noticed him when he was leaving (getting in his car)....I happened to be getting into my car, as well...it's not that cray.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    I've done the post-it on the window before, anonymously, just to check whether the guy was even available or not before making it awkward. If you get rejected, would it be too awkward to work-out at that gym? It might be for her. I'd approach this very carefully, but first and foremost, I'd make it very casual as if you're only interested in being friends...that way, if it becomes abundantly clear that you don't want to pursue something, then it won't be awkward to just as smoothly back out of it.

How did you know what car he drove? See...beaches be cray.

Ladies are not "beaches."
  • Guns_N_Buns
    edited August 2015
    Options
    leonsinned wrote: »

And after that, how do you know just from leaving a post it on a car window if the person is interested?!

dang, y'all are getting deep; I was just trying to give the cliff notes version. We made eye contact when we both were entering our cars, so there was some type of spark there -- enough to motivate me to be so brazen and highschool with the note. Plus, on the note I indicated "the girl with the green jeep". He left me a note the day after on my windshield with his number.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    I like your snatch.

I prefer to jerk though.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Options

And after that, how do you know just from leaving a post it on a car window if the person is interested?!

dang, y'all are getting deep; I was just trying to give the cliff notes version. We made eye contact when we both were entering our cars, so there was some type of spark there -- enough to motivate me to be so brazen and highschool with the note. Plus, on the note I indicated "the girl with the green jeep". He left me a note the day after on my windshield with his number.

For those of you that aren't aware, this is called parkin' lot pimpin'.

word.
  • Hea1thyGam3r
    Hea1thyGam3r Posts: 1,356 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Don't take yourself so seriously mate, we all end up worm food in the end. :drinker:

That pretty much goes for anyone that would take offense to something not intended to offend.

Insult is a matter of intent, not interpretation.
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

sounds like a true love story :) but really this would work!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options

Don't take yourself so seriously mate, we all end up worm food in the end. :drinker:

That pretty much goes for anyone that would take offense to something not intended to offend.

no
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

+2
  • kaoldham
    kaoldham Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    DrEnalg wrote: »
    My understanding is that while most women generally don't mind having an attractive guy walk up and talk to them, doing it in the gym is probably the least optimal situation. They're often in skimpy (workout) clothing, sweaty, not feeling exactly at their best. They're there to work out. They feel pretty exposed already. Not a great situation.

Better places - coffee shops, bars, grocery stores, college campuses, the list goes on. Lots of places to approach women and chat them up. Nothing works 100%, but there are better and worse situations for this kind of thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, ladies.

That's the case for most of us, yes. I'm of the 'I hope there's no one there' crowd. I just want to get in, train, get out. Though I know there are some women of the crowd that kind of have one eye on the fellas, just like the fellas have their eye out looking for their type of woman...

In terms of the OP, the best option is the same as most have said - wait for her to finish. If you're almost 100% certain she's giving you the come on, why not get yourself over to that squat bar too? I expect, if she's into you, she wouldn't mind a training buddy.

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    TL:DR all the responses so here's my two bits:
    -if she's dressed head to toe in matching lululemon, has her hair, makeup and nails done and is glistening, chances are she's there to pick up guys.
    -if she's lifting heavy and sweating like a h**ker in church, she's only returning your gaze because you're creeping her out
    :) you're welcome
  • kaoldham
    kaoldham Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    -if she's dressed head to toe in matching lululemon, has her hair, makeup and nails done and is glistening, chances are she's there to pick up guys.
    -if she's lifting heavy and sweating like a h**ker in church, she's only returning your gaze because you're creeping her out

^ This!!!
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Options

/thread
  • _SummerGirl_
    _SummerGirl_ Posts: 3,791 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    How to approach a girl at the gym?

Usually very low and quietly from the back. Easier to get the cloth over her mouth.
    Not even remotely funny.

Very tacky and in poor taste, in my opinion.

I thought it was funny...
    Me too.

@Chaelaz you're funny :lol: