What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Last night I had a friend ask if I wanted to join a beginner ballet class with her. This is a NSV for a few different reasons. 1) She actually thinks that I can do it and wants me to take it with her. 2) Despite losing 30 pounds, and nearly as many inches if not more, I am by no means built like a ballerina, but I still want to do it. 3) Instead of allowing time to psych myself out, I immediately said yes. The truth is I'm actually really looking forward to it!
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    edited August 2015
    Today I received my first compliment on my appearance in a while. Well sort of. A guy at work said "Your progress in the gym has most definitely been noticed!"
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Today is the 30th day in a row that I haven't gone over my calories for the day. :)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    Today is the 30th day in a row that I haven't gone over my calories for the day. :)
    Rock star!!!!!!!
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    I walked a 17-minute mile today, which is a three-minute improvement since I started 25 days ago!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    A tunic I was wearing yesterday that's usually tight around my arms and have to wrestle to get out of it was looser around my arms!!

Nice!! I can't wait for my arms to shrink a bit more!!
  • numbnumbnumb
    numbnumbnumb Posts: 237 Member
    I've run/jogged 13km this week over 3 sessions which is likely the most running I have done in a single week, ever.

This is huge! Congrats!!!!
  • louiseyates1
    louiseyates1 Posts: 108 Member
    I managed to do 10 consecutive push ups without a break! (I'm 218lbs so quite an accomplishment for me!)
  • LaurenNotLaura
    LaurenNotLaura Posts: 64 Member
    While helping my mom unpack I found my prom dress. I put it on and it was too big!!! 3 kids and 15 years later! Take that 18 yr old me!!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    This week I have gotten up at 5am on M/W/F, drove to my parents house and worked out with my Dad. I hate mornings!! But I did it anyway :) and didnt phone it in-we worked hard!

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    I love this thread! I read it every day. So many inspiring posts.

My latest NSV is I ran 4.3 miles last night! That's 52 minutes continuous running!
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Two for me, today:

Apparently, I have a bicep.

(By the way, Autocorrect thought that 'bicep' was such an improbable thing for me to write that it tried to change it to 'novel.' (Huh. Get used to it, Autocorrect - Get used to it...))

^seriously chuckled at this....(BTW congrats on your progress)

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    This week I have gotten up at 5am on M/W/F, drove to my parents house and worked out with my Dad. I hate mornings!! But I did it anyway :) and didnt phone it in-we worked hard!

Happy Friday everyone!

Awesomeness!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    I did 60 push ups last night!! I could only do 20 at a time, but in between I was doing barbell rows and bench presses, so I wasn't really resting. I now weigh 197 pounds, so I think if I lose more, they will definitely be easier! haha
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    I was so sore yesterday after my workout on Wednesday that I was going to skip my workout yesterday. Even went as far as having a glass of wine with dinner! I was about to change for bed when I thought screw it and threw on my sweats and worked out anyway. I'm extra sore today and feel like I'm walking like a duck, but it was still worth it!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I now have to wear my workout bras on a tighter hook. I guess it might be time to take measurements. :)
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Sort of scale related but not really:
    I am down .5 pound today after having been on a plateau/slight increase for about 3 weeks. The NSV is that I didn't give up trying to figure out what was going on. I tightened up my logging. I exercised more. I got more sleep. DON'T GIVE UP TRYING!!!!!!
  • katnat12
    katnat12 Posts: 73 Member
    6sfh4muzd1qj.jpg
    I took this picture yesterday! In a two piece!! I can't believe the change in my back!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    I had a wicked hangover today but recovered without greasy food. Then even went to a Zumba class...admittedly I had to miss all the jumps but the rest of it helped me feel better :smile:
  • baby_bokchoy
    baby_bokchoy Posts: 61 Member
    While eating out with my parents last night, my dad, who is known for being endearingly oblivious to most things, looked at my mom and said "Doesn't she look great?" (about me) "Just look at her!" And then made my mom take a photo of us. It was very sweet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!